Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW GUILTY* #52

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And I don’t think it should be encouraged or enabled. Mrs. Watts knows for a fact that her son dumped Bella and CeCe’s bodies in oil tanks! Any mother would be horrified at the thought that their son was capable of committing such a heinous act. Any person who would do such a thing is a monster! That is all the information she needs to know that the son she thought she knew is not the son she has. This is murder we are talking about, 3 people were killed! Two of them were under the age of 5. A little humility would go a long way here. If I knew her, that’s what I would tell her. She is not helping her son or herself, she is causing more pain.
I have lost two family members under the age of 3 so I get it. I don’t have on some rose glasses here.

Sorry if repost:

What to expect during Monday's sentencing of Chris Watts for the murder of Shanann Watts, 2 children

It's unclear if Shanann's family will speak at the sentencing hearing, but Weld County District Attorney Michael Rourke said if they choose not to, the prosecutors will speak on their behalf.

“Watts' parents filed a motion with the court requesting that they be allowed to speak or provide a written statement at Monday's sentencing. District Court Judge Marcelo Kopcow approved that request Thursday.”

Snip

“Rourke is expected to hold a news conference at 1 p.m. Monday. Rourke said at that time he'll likely be able to share more information about the investigation and evidence in the case.“

Snip

“The autopsy reports will likely be released no later than 24 hours after the sentencing hearing concludes.”

—-

Complete coverage of the murder case against Chris Watts for death of Shanann Watts, daughters

Last edited:
“What you can expect from the Coloradoan:
The Coloradoan will have reporters in court in Greeley on Monday and live in Frederick during the sentencing of Christopher Watts.

Coverage will begin about 8:45 a.m., with a live broadcast on Facebook from the courthouse. We will review what we know, how the case has progressed so far and what we can hope to learn Monday.

About 9 a.m., we will have a live broadcast on Facebook from Frederick, exploring how this case has impacted the small town north of Denver.

Sentencing is scheduled to run until about noon Monday, and live updates will be posted on Coloradoan.com.

We will provide a livestream of the sentencing hearing from our partners at 9NEWS on Coloradoan.com and on Facebook starting at 10 a.m. Monday.

The Coloradoan will broadcast Weld County District Attorney Michael Rourke's news conference at 1 p.m. Monday.

Full coverage and analysis will be available at Coloradoan.com throughout the day.”

What to expect during Monday's sentencing of Chris Watts for the murder of Shanann Watts, 2 children

My memory is bad but didn’t Scott Peterson’s parents defend him the same way and still defending their Golden Boy Scott. I can’t believe these cases are so similar.

You are correct. When Laci was first reported missing, her own mother, Sharon, defended Scott. Sharon loved Scott and publicly stated she did not believe he harmed Laci. Then Amber Frey appeared and Scott's stories started getting more convoluted and Sharon came to the painful realization that he did hurt Laci. Scott's mother died years ago, but his family is still defending Scott. They continue to file appeal after appeal and they still insist that he did not kill Laci.

Copied from previous thread:
Thepoet
"Glad to see you back and I hope you're doing better. I would LOVE to see the Judge rein in Mrs. Watts for all to see and hear! I also hope that the Judge has a great deal to tell CW, about who and what he (CW) is and has done!"

Judges do, and I hope in this case, the Judge clearly states how evil CW is.
I wish he would go through each murder, and tear CW to threads.
Then discuss CW's pitiful lies.
There may be an outburst from Mrs Watts.
I hope she is then reprimanded and asked to leave.

This case i me cry!! :(

Shanann's family rose above their heartache and pain and chose life for their monster son-in-law or chose not to take his life... they are, this is a fact, better people and it is indicative of where she came from, her roots and upbringing and it should be and nod to her family and everything she was and will always be, her
The Coloradoan will have reporters in court in Greeley on Monday and live in Frederick during the sentencing of Christopher Watts.

Coverage will begin about 8:45 a.m., with a live broadcast on Facebook from the courthouse. We will review what we know, how the case has progressed so far and what we can hope to learn Monday.

About 9 a.m., we will have a live broadcast on Facebook from Frederick, exploring how this case has impacted the small town north of Denver.

Sentencing is scheduled to run until about noon Monday, and live updates will be posted on Coloradoan.com.

We will provide a livestream of the sentencing hearing from our partners at 9NEWS on Coloradoan.com and on Facebook starting at 10 a.m. Monday.

The Coloradoan will broadcast Weld County District Attorney Michael Rourke's news conference at 1 p.m. Monday.

Full coverage and analysis will be available at Coloradoan.com throughout the day.”

Sorry if repost:

It's unclear if Shanann's family will speak at the sentencing hearing, but Weld County District Attorney Michael Rourke said if they choose not to, the prosecutors will speak on their behalf.

“Watts' parents filed a motion with the court requesting that they be allowed to speak or provide a written statement at Monday's sentencing. District Court Judge Marcelo Kopcow approved that request Thursday.”

Snip

“Rourke is expected to hold a news conference at 1 p.m. Monday. Rourke said at that time he'll likely be able to share more information about the investigation and evidence in the case.“

Snip

“The autopsy reports will likely be released no later than 24 hours after the sentencing hearing concludes.”

Oh will Chris have his bulletproof vest on again and his mommy in the courtroom to protect him, meanwhile his poor innocent babies had nobody to help protect them except Shanann, their mommy, who his parents want to bash!!!!???!!!

Those who have been able to maintain their sympathy for Mrs Watts have far more patience than I. I understand that she’s operating in her own personal realty. Imo, it’s a vitriolic one where her daughter in law is the villain who has wrecked her son’s life.

However, there is really just the truth and not the truth. It’s not subjective. SW is not responsible for one single thing that was done to her or her three babies. She never was. That’s the truth. No amount of interviews or podcast ladies can make it otherwise.

I’ll continue to hope that CW’s mom can develop a relationship with the truth but I’m not going to hold my breath.

Jmo.

Grieving is one thing. Taking time to come to terms with something that feels unacceptable is one thing.

Bashing a murder victim in such vicious terms over and over is quite another. Trashing said victim that your own son murdered, along with your grandchildren that were stuffed in oil tanks, and including the unborn one he didn't apparently want, is yet another. Excusing your son of every single thing he's ever done to disappoint you and blaming the victim, from the point where you boycotted their wedding all the way to straight out saying she strangled her babies as you called her "dangerous" to the media, is another again. This isn't a reaction, it's a pattern.

And doing so publicly through disgusting low budget podcasters and leaking absolutely horrific details of an autopsy where your DIL was brutalized and grandchildren... I can't even... not to mention the fact that said podcasters you had write to the judge on your behalf actually used those details to laugh at the thought of some evil form of justice being served to your terrified, dying, DIL all to try to defend your son, is despicable and absolutely unforgivable.

All MOO. I need to borrow @nwmouse 's teeny tiny moo .

I'm still 2 threads behind, but I wanted to post, as I have not seen anyone say exactly this yet. Does anyone think part of CW's motivation to do this plea deal so early was not only the evidence against him (I think there is very strong evidence of his complete guilt) but also partially to prevent his own family from testifying "on his behalf"? I was just thinking that based on their media interviews they would not do him any favors on the stand. They seem to think it looks good for CW when they say things like "HE was leaving HER" and "he didn't love her no more"-- those are statements that give CW a motive, IMO, but they seemed utterly unaware of how it sounded. I also think he spent a lot of time lying to his family about everything. I think he told some very specific lies about Shanann and lies about their marriage that would be easily proven as lies if his parents took the stand to tell "their side". He couldn't take the risk that his lies would be revealed to his parents. As long as he prevents them from testifying he can still claim to them in private that it wasn't his fault. He can keep up the charade with his family at least and tell them everyone was against him and he was forced to plead guilty. But if he went to trial I suspect he was afraid he would lose their support when they found out how bad his lies were. They would have been confronted with the truth then. Come Monday CW will be sentenced and evidence will be released but I doubt very much his parents will study the evidence objectively or learn anything about it. I predict they will latch onto whatever explanation makes their precious son seem less guilty in their eyes. They have bought whatever lies he told them in the past and it will be impossible to convince them otherwise. JMO.

You are correct. When Laci was first reported missing, her own mother, Sharon, defended Scott. Sharon loved Scott and publicly stated she did not believe he harmed Laci. Then Amber Frey appeared and Scott's stories started getting more convoluted and Sharon came to the painful realization that he did hurt Laci. Scott's mother died years ago, but his family is still defending Scott. They continue to file appeal after appeal and they still insist that he did not kill Laci.
As bad as Scott’s family is, nothing bothered me to the extent that Todd Kohlhepp’s mother did.

The excuses she made on 48 Hours, absolutely infuriated me. She knew what he had done, but basically brushed it off as him losing his temper, claiming he was “misunderstood.”

Like a mass murder and serial sexual offender/killer can ever be “misunderstood.”

My memory is bad but didn’t Scott Peterson’s parents defend him the same way and still defending their Golden Boy Scott. I can’t believe these cases are so similar.

There are similarities. The Peterson's were pretty careful in their interviews to not bash Laci, but Scott was wonderful - the golden son. The perfect child. Made all sorts of excuses for his behavior that were off-the-wall.

Jackie Peterson was recorded telling Scott on the telephone to deny, deny, deny.

There was hideous venom directed straight at Laci's mom by Scott's mom. Scott's mom, and his dad both had a history that didn't mesh with the image they tried to project either, IMO.

Much more. My impression is that it really didn't matter to the Peterson's if their golden son killed Laci and Conner. I always thought their biggest concern was in trying to help Scott avoid any consequences.

<modsnip - circumventing censor filter> I in no way think that Chris is innocent nor do I condone what his mother has said. Only wanted to point out that she is in the stages of grieving and we should take her words with a grain of salt. Apparently that has struck an open wound with some <modsnip - off topic> G’night all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member