Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW GUILTY* #54

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rourke said Chris Watts is now headed to the Regional Diagnostic Center in Denver. The DOC will ultimately decide if he'll be housed in Colorado or out-of-state.

9NEWS Denver on Twitter

Rourke said a lot of the speculation about this case on social media has been a "false rumor." Outside of the girlfriend, he doesn't know what other discussions on social media had merit as a potential motive in the case.

9NEWS Denver on Twitter

I think eventually he will be housed out of state at some point. As in the Brooke Bennet case in VT. he was shipped out rather quickly because of his "safety". Last I heard he was in some highly protected sexual pervert prison in AZ.
There should be no safety for them,,,,,a final justice in prison is what they should be in for.

I personally feel that he didn't choose divorce because the option would take too long, and he would be forced to explain to NK that he had lied. How could he still go out 4 - 5 times per week with Shanann home? And I am sure Shanann would have confronted NK too.

He couldn't explain why he wasn't available as much as before, and he just needed an instant option. MOO.

I also wonder if their marriage was reasonably ok up until the point he met NK. And that from that moment, in his giddy state, he no longer had his senses any more. I know I am trying to rationalize the impossible, however I just want him to eventually arrive at the point in his mind where he realizes what a stupid, stupid thing he has done and regrets it.

did i hear correctly that because there were no fibers found in the girls' mouths or airways that they could not identify anything used to smother them besides his hands? because if that's the case that's just as horrifying as strangling them. wth.
I agree, I hoped that he’d at least used a pillow so that they wouldn’t have had to see their “daddy” attacking them.

I just keep thinking what a COWARD. He couldn't even admit, "Yes, I am having an affair and I want a divorce." Why deny it. Move forward. Not like he wanted custody and was going to care if SW didn't let him see his kids.

Interesting that the DA (I think I have a small crush... he's such a steely bad *advertiser censored*...with poise and compassion) said that CW did not react to finding out he was having a boy how one might expect. Wonder what the specifics of that was and how they knew. If the DA knew that from texts, or from what SW told friends or family, etc. (I'm guessing she didn't tell many friends since the gender reveal party was supposed to be that next weekend. But the DA mentioning CW's reaction to finding out the baby's gender sounds like a separate thing from the oops we did it again baby announcement video we all saw on social media.

Ughh the podcast lady is now running with the blood alochol level and saying she was drunk. After everything Kay said was wrong, now she is picking the one thing and running with it. Acting like she is an expert on decomposition. This makes me so angry.

Who cares if she drank at the airport, waiting for her plane to be cleared? I would certainly be in the bar if I had a 3 hour delay.

ETA:

OOPS__I actually blamed on her being pregnant. of course she wasn't drinking. I am sure the DA is correct.

Last edited:
He had his chance to speak today and coward that he is, forfeited it.

He is a disgrace to humanity.
But... What would people have liked for him to say? He doesn't speak... He's wrong, he says he's sorry via his attorney .. He's wrong.. .if he would speak and say he's sorry. .. People would criticize him that he isn't sincere, or he's not sorry enough. He cried today, but evidently not the right kind of tears, or the right amount of tears.

The man rightfully confessed, saving taxpayers much $, and the families the pain of a trial. He said, through his attorney, that he was sorry. He cried today. He is very rightfully spending the rest of his life in prison.

I just don't understand what folks would like to see from him.

He is a man who did horrid, unspeakably awful things. I am content with the way things went today.

The autopsy reports will be made public this afternoon of Shanann, Bella and Celeste. For Shanann's autopsy, her blood alcohol content was .128, which can be consistent with human decomposition and doesn't mean she was drinking. All substances found in toxicology were from oil.

"I don't think he will ever tell us," DA Michael Rourke says on whether Chris Watts will ever tell the truth about why he killed his wife and daughters.

DA Rourke said Watts' girlfriend has spoken with law enforcement voluntarily. Before that, though, she deleted all of the text messages from her phone between her and Chris Watts, which hampered the investigation. DA says he doesn't think she had prior knowledge or involvement.

More from Watts case:

-DA Rourke says he still wants to know why and how this all happened.

-Investigators say Watts had no wounds on his body to indicate a struggle

-Plea deal was defense team's idea

-On Watts' work truck, there was a GPS that lead investigators to bodies

Denver7 News (@DenverChannel) | Twitter

DA Rourke: "Christopher Watts certainly deserves the death penalty" but family wishes, circumstances, low likelihood of execution occurring warranted plea agreement for life in prison.

DA Rourke: "He (Chris Watts) lied to investigators. He lied to the media. He lied to the public."

Watts made phone calls early on August 13 with the girls' school and a realtor.

-Sheet that was used to wrap Shanann's body was found before Watts confessed to the killing. It was found via a drone that was searching areas where his truck went that day.

-DA Rourke doesn't believe Watts has any remorse for what he did.

-Rourke believes the only thing he feels bad for is himself.

-DA says one of the big red flags they had is Watts said Shanann strangled the girls but they were smothered. Watts allegedly even demonstrated it

Denver7 News (@DenverChannel) | Twitter

As CW was interviewed, LE were obtaining drone info, and AP info.
Once CW was informed of this, he changed direction with his story as they proceeded.
CW's story direction has/will continue to change, throughout his life depending on who may be speaking to him.
He chooses his lies accordingly, as we have seen.
MOO.

Ughh the podcast lady is now running with the blood alochol level and saying she was drunk. After everything Kay said was wrong, now she is picking the one thing and running with it. Acting like she is an expert on decomposition. This makes me so angry.

In fact (and I’m probably not the first one jumping on this!), the DA was clear to point out that the blood alcohol level was not indicative of alcohol consumption on Shanann’s part, but rather was consistent with the natural process of decomposition. I hope I’m staying that roughly correctly.

So if she thinks she has a point there, clearly she doesn’t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member