GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #62

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're talking about the Netflix series "Making a Murderer" with due respect, unless you have followed the case extensively then how do you form an opinion? That case has more holes than swiss cheese.
And unfortunately police corruption is a well known fact.
Ryan Ferguson was also wrongly convicted for about 10 years, but is now exonerated thanks to new evidence, and there are many more cases like that as well.
That documentary left out tons of evidence. The best way to learn about that case is to actually read the case facts.

It made me angry to first watch the documentary, then discover that it essentially contained hours of lies, misrepresentations, and omissions.

It is one of the most popular documentaries ever produced, and untold millions of people were misled.

Steven Avery is absolutely terrifying.

He’s a serial killer, who just didn’t have the chance to get there.

There’s a thread on that though.

Chris Watts killed his family. He said he killed his family. It is done.

Last edited:
Sorry to ask, but did the autopsy reveal his DNA on CeCe and Bella’s necks? The defense was pretty adamant about getting those swabs, but now I’m not seeing anything about it now when the autopsies are discussed in various articles.
There was no DNA on their necks because, although he claimed SW strangled them and he saw and demonstrated how she did it, they were not strangled. This creep smothered his own children with his bare hands. His DNA was likely found on their little noses where he held them closed and under their chins where he forced their mouths closed so that they could not breathe.

Wow, that video of him in handcuffs is really fascinating. I wonder what was going through CW’s mind as he was sitting in chains?

I still wonder why they’re releasing ALL of this info.
Colorado has some great (for us) open records laws.

They’ve only released a small portion of what they have. There’s likely a lot more to come.

Good morning!
Are we open??
Yes!
Looks like we are!

I always thought I would have liked to have been a homicide investigator.
Ohmy, after peeking at some of the docs and vids, my head is exploding.
It is too too much to see that level of depravity.
God bless LE for having the fortitude to see justice done for the victims of crime.

The narc/sociopath I was engaged to, fell out of "love" with me and into "love" with someone else in less than 24 hours. Shacked up with her within 1 month, then convinced her to sell her home (he had no money) and move out of State with him within 4 months. She used some of her money and took out a big mortgage to buy a tiny cabin, married him and put him on the deed immediately. Narcs, particularly the sociopath/psychopath version, move VERY quickly.

I pray for her daily.

you are correct healthy sane people take their time, but NPD types are very dramatic.

I am way behind (didn't realise the thread was open as there was no link on thread #61) but I also did not realise he sent her photos of the wildflowers on the same day as burying Shanann there. I feel uneasy about this.... you don't suppose it was a message of some sort?

I absolutely think it was a message.

Just curious..how many of you think that NK will still be in communication with CW once everything dies down? I know that my former hair dresser got involved with a convicted murderer in my state and eventually married him. I couldn't face getting my hair done by her once I knew she was emotionally involved with the guy. He and his fellow convict had our whole area scared as they went on a "kill for thrill" spree. Just wondering if NK liked the spotlight?? MOO

I do think she'll contact him to work on a book together.

That documentary left out tons of evidence. The best way to learn about that case is to actually read the case facts.

It made me angry to first watch the documentary, then discover that it essentially contained hours of lies, misrepresentations, and omissions.

It is one of the most popular documentaries ever produced, and untold millions of people were misled.

Steven Avery is absolutely terrifying.

He’s a serial killer, who just didn’t have the chance to get there.

There’s a thread on that though.

Chris Watts killed his family. He said he killed his family. It is done.
My post that you quoted was addressed to the poster previously that raised the MaM topic as an analogy to something else.
It has nothing to do with this case and no comparison actually.
I don't think anyone here disputes CW is guilty of murdering his wife and children. Not that i have seen anyway.

I really don't see that at all. She may be self-absorbed, self-aggrandizing, was jealous and in deep, but I truly do not see her as a co-conspirator to murder in the slightest.

I respectfully disagree. I see devious planning with this one. Everything she does seems well thought out in advance.

Sounds familiar.. I dated a guy and he disappeared, called me 2 months after telling me his sister died of cancer and he was helping take care of her kids so he was so busy with that. Nope, a year or so later i saw his sister alive and well on facebook. I never in my life experienced someone lying to that extent. Scares me thinking about that now!

disturbing

Maybe she meant that they suited each other better than he and SW? They did have more of the same interests, I always thought it.

What did they have in common besides sex and her programming his apps?

Last edited:
She has two ways to play this:

Fade away and shun all media attention.

Write a book and conduct media interviews in an effort for fame, profit, and to reframe her image.

If she goes the second route, it will likely backfire.

She will forever be known as the “other woman,” one who wasn’t completely forthcoming with investigators in the aftermath of a horiffic tragedy.

You can only successfully take the same tack as Amber Frey, if you have some of the same attributes as her.

She does not.

We live in an internet celebrity/fame driven society. It's no longer looked down upon to be a complete , but yet still get book deals, reality tv shows and infamy along with endorsements. School Shooters found a quick way to infamy that no longer takes hard work or success to earn fame or acknowledgment that they seek

Last edited:
Good morning!
Are we open??
Yes!
Looks like we are!

I always thought I would have liked to have been a homicide investigator.
Ohmy, after peeking at some of the docs and vids, my head is exploding.
It is too too much to see that level of depravity.
God bless LE for having the fortitude to see justice done for the victims of crime.
One of my friends from HS is a forensics investigator in Missoula. Her team was featured in Forensic Files like 10 years ago. I got to go visit her at her job. She said 90% of what she does is test semen samples.

I respectfully disagree. I see devious planning with this one. Everything she does seems well thought out in advance.

Know

disturbing

What did they have in common besides sex and her programming his apps?
Agree, I think Chris morphed according to who he was with. He was in to Thrive and getting in shape as well as Shanann but he sure loved eating her baked goods and Italian lasagna. I doubt he ever thought about macro nutrients til he met NK then the narrative became whatever he thought she wanted to hear. The guy had zero identity and zero personality, even the cards he wrote to her seemed to be canned lines that he googled. Original thoughts for him were fair and few between.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spurr15