GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #62

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Things I noticed about CW from the bits and pieces of video I've seen-

Someone mentioned how he hot-footed it to the house to meet NUA and the police. Oh my how he did so. He RAN up and then into the house trying to get in before them.

But the police were right on top of him. They already knew.

In the interviews, he's a right little soldier. So eager to be a good boy and make the investigator's proud of him and pleased.

Ugh. He's gross. His desire to be seen as a good boy is so intense. I think it's such a driving force. Make them disappear because divorce would make me look bad.

That strong obsession with pleasing people combined with an ability to manipulate and not having a strong identity, seems like a dangerous combination.

On the previous thread someone mentioned how CW's parents criticized SW for keeping Bella's hair short. I watched most of her videos. SW did not keep Bella's hair short. It was clear to me that Shanann felt bad for Bella that her hair didn't grow fast.

Those people will stop at nothing to make Shanann look bad.

Watching the sentencing hearing their statments were subtle but important. His mother said they have to question EVERYTHING due to the circumstances. She emphasized that word. She followed it quickly with we love you and forgive you for what you did.

I am certain she was signalling to him that she still believes his second story - that Shanann did it- believes he is pleading guilty for another reason and forgives him for having to kill Shanann.

I don't think she has changed one bit. At least not at that point.
I think the mother mentally abused him, thus the inability to talk as one of his teacher said. Then her criticism of Shanann planted seeds in his mind that she was as his mother said "shady". This all played into this. You think this would have happened if his mother had loved Shanann especially since she gave them 2 beautiful grandchildren and they all respected one another like most families do? I don't think it would have, he would have been happy in his marriage. Mothers have great influence over their adult sons.

I posted this earlier in the media thread - mostly just a recap of what we discuss.

Christopher Watts lied, cheated prior to murdering family

One of the cards CW gave NK - thought it was the interesting that the focus was all on having "firsts." The first time I saw you, the first time, etc. And that they can still have new FIRSTS together. My speculation was that NK had been voicing how she wouldn't have those "firsts" with him - the first wedding, the first house, the first couch, the first pregnancy, the first births, etc. etc. All those things a single girl hasn't had that her married (or divorced) boyfriend has already done. I bet it was a conversation where she had expressed her issues about that. And so that's what prompted this card. He didn't want her to walk away.

Attachments

• card.jpg
    card.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 86
I posted this earlier in the media thread - mostly just a recap of what we discuss.

Christopher Watts lied, cheated prior to murdering family

One of the cards CW gave NK - thought it was the interesting that the focus was all on having "firsts." The first time I saw you, the first time, etc. And that they can still have new FIRSTS together. My speculation was that NK had been voicing how she wouldn't have those "firsts" with him - the first wedding, the first house, the first couch, the first pregnancy, the first births, etc. etc. All those things a single girl hasn't had that her married (or divorced) boyfriend has already done. I bet it was a conversation where she had expressed her issues about that. And so that's what prompted this card. He didn't want her to walk away.

I never looked at it that way but considering her texts to Charlotte, I bet you’re right!!

My head is exploding with all the information released and I am so grateful to all your detailed posts and articulate analyses.

Every time I load a new thread I get really sad that Nico's name isn't in the thread title. I think of the man he could have become with Shanann's wonderfully nurturing mothering influence, so very different from Cindy's creation.

MOO.

She has two ways to play this:

Fade away and shun all media attention.

Write a book and conduct media interviews in an effort for fame, profit, and to reframe her image.

If she goes the second route, it will likely backfire.

She will forever be known as the “other woman,” one who wasn’t completely forthcoming with investigators in the aftermath of a horiffic tragedy.

You can only successfully take the same tack as Amber Frey, if you have some of the same attributes as her.

She does not.

Amber did not make a cent on interviews or articles at the time she could have made the most. That is between the time when the police announced her presence in Scott's life and April when Laci was found. And later, before Laci was found and the court. It was not forbidden, her coworkers sold their stories about her. But not Amber. At first, she hoped that Laci would be found, and later, when she believed that Laci was dead, she did want to neggatively affect the court process. So, she did not make half of the money she could have.
Most people she ever met were supportive of her because her actions were dictated by compassion.
BTW, Scott complained of his share of one-night stands and bimbos during Laci's pregnancy, so I doubt that him killing Laci had much to do with Amber. It had a lot to do with Laci's life policy that he cashed on, and he did not want own child. Ever.

In regards to the gas tank. Knowing CW, he probably forgot that he doesn't smoke and couldn't find a lighter nor matches once he got out there. o_O

Haaaaa. He is dumb enough to forget that gas doesn’t magically catch on fire without help.

You guys must've missed that they found a lighter in the pocket of one of the truck doors.

It was in one of the evidence logs.

Those of us who have had the unfortunate circumstance to have had up close and personal relationships with someone with NPD are no doubt recognizing language and behavior that seems eerily and uncomfortably familiar. It is almost as if all these folks have been reading from the same manual on how to love bomb unsuspecting romantic partners. Reading the cards and messages feels like “deja vu all over again”. I fully expect that CW used exactly the same phrases with SW when he was first pursuing her. I am sure he trotted out what “worked” and used it again with NK and AP before her. I also believe like others have said he got most of those sentiments from songs, movies, poems, other people. He would have none of his own, though he would lie to himself that he was the original author of all of the flowery loving language. In my own experience, I saw the exact same words used with the new supply after I was discarded. It is not easy to recover from a relationship with person with NPD. It takes a lot of time (years) and self-care and -compassion. The silver lining is the wisdom that comes from the traumatic experience. I only wish SW had been given the opportunity to grow and flourish in the aftermath of her marriage to a narc.

I do think she'll contact him to work on a book together.

I saw that her new lawyer was specifically a type of lawyer for libel.

That made me think she was perhaps looking after a book deal ( or do an exclusive tell all) to see what she could say legally without being slanderous or libelous, because why else would she get that type of a specific lawyer.

Last edited:
I think the mother mentally abused him, thus the inability to talk as one of his teacher said. Then her criticism of Shanann planted seeds in his mind that she was as his mother said "shady". This all played into this. You think this would have happened if his mother had loved Shanann especially since she gave them 2 beautiful grandchildren and they all respected one another like most families do? I don't think it would have, he would have been happy in his marriage. Mothers have great influence over their adult sons.

I'm note sure. I believe that there most have been more factors who led to this crime. My mil hates me... she really does! As late as yesterday, when I told her, that I worried about my dog, who didn't feel well the last two weeks, she told me: "Yeah, he clearly won't make it any longer - he probably has cancer." She didn't comfort me, she made me feel worse. When my little son started crying later that evening, she rushed into our room and began to yell at him. She told me, I couldn't handle him. He cried until he puked but she wouldn't stop and I couldn't do anything about it until my husband stopped her.

My husband defended us as good as he could. He didn't kill me and I'm sure, he never will. At least not because of his mother. And even if his mother loved Shannan with all her heart, he could have also fallen in love with Nichol or whatever he wanted out of this relationship with her. He would probably still have felt trapped in this marriage with Shannan and would have ended it the way he did. So, his mother might have played a part in this, might have influenced him (and this might have been fatal for their marriage), but in the end, his (sick) state of mind decided that his entire family had to be killed to be out of the way for his new life with his new "love".

Especially with sons like Chris who have no self identity and lack the inability and emotions necessary to navigate on their own, be their own person. My MIL tried to cause issues with my husband and I, he shut that down real quick.

I saw that her new lawyer was specifically a type of lawyer for libel. That maybe think she was perhaps looking after a book deal ( or do an exclusive tell all) to see what she could say legally without being slanderous or libelous, because why else would she get that type of a specific lawyer.

JMO but I wonder if that’s why the photo and video discovery (second round) has been so stunted. Maybe the Kessingers threatened to sue if they released her photos? Just an idea. They seem to be trying to keep her image as clean as possible.

IIRC it was in the two hour interrogation video. Towards the end they started telling him they did not believe him and thought the girls were dead before she came home.

Because Bella had injuries to indicate she fought back and CW told us she got out of bed twice to find her Mom, I wonder if in fact he killed Bella first, in a temper because he was annoyed at her getting out of bed. Once that happened he decided to carry out a plan he had fantasised about, but had not as yet thought out properly, and killed Cece and eventually Shanann once she got home.

He knew Shananns habits and would know whether or not she would go into the girls that late at night or if she would simply look at the monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spurr15