GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #63

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM. When watching the CBI interviews with CW did anyone notice how many times he said: I don't know. I was so scared. I didn't know what to do. This was in response to the investigators asking why he did a certain thing. It was many times. As if to say 'Oh poor me'. He just didn't know what to do even though he created a plan to kill his wife and children.
Oh yeah, so scared. Completely lost. In a total panic. And yet he was apparently clear-headed and calm enough that he remembered to do all of this:

Pgs 1045 - 1046 (Discovery pg 1162, 1163)
Packed my lunch box, had my oatmeal, chicken. Filled my water jug up. 5:15
went outside, back of my truck I had loaded up, had my book bag, my lunchbox, computer, water jug, my big co- big clear container, I put big clear containers in my truck so it’s easy just to pull out, pull in, just depending on what I’m going to use. About moving kit. I knew it was gonna do some splitting box rubbers that day, so I got some various open end wrenches from my toolbox, I know those work better than the ones they would give me. (cont. blah, blah, blah)
Hi guys, I’ve been out for few days. I needed some time off after the sentence.
Where can i find all of the videos and documents?
There is a link to the media thread in the first post of every thread. This will take you there: MEDIA, MAPS & TIMELINES - NO DISCUSSION - - Shanann Watts (34, dec.), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4
I don’t remember seeing a transcript of the RW interview, but with 1960 pages I could have missed it. Jmo
There is one that begins on pg 284 (Discovery pg 329) and another beginning on pg 371 (Discovery pg 423).
MOO

Me too. If only she had known that pregnant women are especially high risk to be murdered by a partner in the USA. She may have listened to her intuition. I just can't even imagine the hell her family is going through. How does a person get through something like this?

I don't know how Shananns Family is still functioning. They have suffered the ultimate. I guess in time you etch out some kind of a new normal. Her Dad's visible anguish in the Courtroom says it all. I will never forget it. I think of them often. This Holiday Season will be so difficult. One of the worst cases I have followed to date.

Staging the crime scene is a noob mistake

The act of staging always points back at the relationship between murderer and victim
You stage a crime scene when you are close to a victim and you hope to direct the investigation away from you.

The most typical example in a murder case is a husband kills his wife, and wants to make it appear that she was killed in a burglary gone wrong.

They always screw this up, taking things that a burglar wouldn’t take, not taking things that he would, ransacking areas that wouldn’t typically be ransacked, opening drawers in a way that a burglar wouldn’t, etc.

They sometimes dump “stolen” items near the residence, as they don’t have time to get rid of them, or when they worry about having something that would tie them directly to a murder.

Staging a crime scene, almost always has the opposite effect of what one intends.

When did Ronnie say that CW didn't want to bury the children with the mother, as she had killed them? I remember his saying that somewhere around the time of the plea announcement. Yet, when would CW have told him that? He didn't in the interviews we have been watching. And, supposedly CW didn't address any of that in the car ride. I don't think he spoke with CW again, after these cop interviews of CW. Except for just before the plea deal when the PDs were present. Did Ronnie just pick that up on SM, or maybe from his daughter? (That being one of the items we saw brought over here long ago from SM but not in relation to RW at the time).

She was kind of busy, what with being main caretaker for 2 little girls, working through her own illnesses to ensure that both she and another baby were healthy, cleaning house, cooking, running a home business while quite probably making more $$ than her hubby who had time after work to get in a few quickies and whole camping trips when she wasn't around. She must have felt really terrible, mentally, after he came to NC and was so distant and psychologically cruel to her. But imagining he would brutally murder all of them? She didn't have time to worry to that extent.
I don’t think that she genuinely believed her life was in any danger. From those text messages, it is clear that she was trying to save her marriage.

She wasn’t trying to escape, she was trying to get CW to stay.

I don't think decent loving people think their spouse will actually kill them unless he threatened to do so or attempted it prior...but sometimes people have nightmares. Your subconscious might pick up on the red flags before you can consciously see the red flags.

NK told LE she couldnt remember what she did on Aug 12 then she said she went to a museum (not specified). The Denver Natural History Museum has an IMAX theater. It sounds as if the IMAX movie she went to was about the Dead Sea Scrolls? I don’t know how to access what would have been their schedule for that Sunday, Aug 12

Thank you. I could not understand how she would confuse a movie with a museum but that makes sense that there is an IMAX in the museum. Seems like there should have been more texts about that. Maybe she called him a few times instead of texting?

I think at the end she was starting to worry. She sent those texts saying she didn't feel safe for herself and Nico with CW acting like he was. But then he fooled her at the end by pretending he was going to go to counseling etc. Breaks my heart.

He seemed to be easing her into a false sense of security. My guess is, he'd already decided what he was about to do. Chilling!

I don't think decent loving people think their spouse will actually kill them unless he threatened to do so or attempted it prior...but sometimes people have nightmares. Your subconscious might pick up on the red flags before you can consciously see the red flags.
I think she was worried about her marriage; about keeping her family together. I don't think she feared for her life or the lives of her children either consciously or subconsciously. She was caught completely off-guard. JMO

When did Ronnie say that CW didn't want to bury the children with the mother, as she had killed them? I remember his saying that somewhere around the time of the plea announcement. Yet, when would CW have told him that? He didn't in the interviews we have been watching. And, supposedly CW didn't address any of that in the car ride. I don't think he spoke with CW again, after these cop interviews of CW. Except for just before the plea deal when the PDs were present. Did Ronnie just pick that up on SM, or maybe from his daughter? (That being one of the items we saw brought over here long ago from SM but not in relation to RW at the time).
Yes, that family told so many lies. I hope that they are embarrassed now, not that I hold out much hope for that.

Yes, that family told so many lies. I hope that they are embarrassed now, not that I hold out much hope for that.
They are going to be so jealous that the SW parents are going on 20/20. Maybe they'll try to get a gig on a show more oriented towards ppl like them, so they can reiterate that it was all the fault of the woman who was murdered. And that he played sports from 5 to 17 years old.

I think it was while sitting next to Mama Watts during The Watts Family Media Tour. I don’t remember if it was one of the Denver stations, or a local-to-them station.

NK told LE she couldnt remember what she did on Aug 12 then she said she went to a museum (not specified). The Denver Natural History Museum has an IMAX theater. It sounds as if the IMAX movie she went to was about the Dead Sea Scrolls? I don’t know how to access what would have been their schedule for that Sunday, Aug 12

The Dead Sea Scrolls exhibit was at the DenverMuseum of Nature and Science from March 16-Sept 3.
Here's a cached link to info on the exhibit. http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...olls/+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=safari

That doesn't include the showtimes for the associated IMAX film - Jerusalem 3D. But, I found several screen grabs on the wayback machine for March 24, 31, April 4, and Sept 3 - all list Jerusalem 3D as showing daily at 1pm and 4pm.

Denver Museum of Nature and Science: Showtimes

Last edited:
The picture of the covered doll has always haunted me. I remember back when this began; many claimed SW took the picture. I never believed that for a second. I always felt CW sent it to her. And now we know he did. That is what a sick evil mind does. Ironic that his dad brought it up to detectives to "prove" something was wrong with SW (he said she took the pic) and CW sits there and never corrects his dad that he took the picture.

CW certainly planned all of this. This was no act of "rage" IMO he started planning while she was gone to NC. Then when he visited he was even more sure. He wanted the insurance money, house money etc and no child support. A clean slate for his NK. He thought he had days to stage the house. That is why he left her purse etc. Thank God it didn't turn out that way or he may have gotten away with it

Just an FYI all USPS post offices will be closed Wed in honor of President Bush.

Totally agree! People who commit serious crimes generally have a history, starting with small crimes which graduate into bigger, more serious crimes. However, that is where family annihilators are interesting as some of them (eg CW, SP etc) don't have criminal histories. Their crimes appear 'out of the blue' but what you find is they have been fantasizing about it for quite some time. Not necessarily planning the crime, but in their mind they have thought about killing their families. An awful analogy is suicide, whereby people who go through with this have had a prior history of at least suicidal thought, which starts with fleeting thoughts and increases with intensity towards making a plan.

I believe this has been going on for awhile with CW. For instance, the picture of CW and SW, where CW is staring at her intently, makes me wonder what his thoughts were at the time. His facial expression does not look like love to me. Its intense and scary. Same with some of the pictures of those shoulder massages he gave her. It would not surprise me if he had been having fleeting thoughts about strangling her for quite some time. Likewise, his picture of the sheet over the doll was probably the result of his subconscious thoughts acting out in real life.

In the weeks leading up to his horrific actions he was barely sleeping. Anyone who has had babies knows what it is like to be so sleep deprived. It messes with your ability to have rational thought, your emotions and your planning skills. I do believe his lack of sleep would have influenced how well he planned and carried out his crimes..and may partially account for his absolute stupidity.

Ronnie said that neither CW or Shanann wanted another child, that Shanann was extremely bipolar and had paranoid tendencies toward his wife.

He also said that CW had lost a lot of weight using Thrive and he didn't want to do it - Shanann was forcing him! :confused:

Pg 371 (Discovery pg 423)

MOO

I think it was while sitting next to Mama Watts during The Watts Family Media Tour. I don’t remember if it was one of the Denver stations, or a local-to-them station.
About the :50 mark

Ronnie said that neither CW or Shanann wanted another child, that Shanann was extremely bipolar and had paranoid tendencies toward his wife.

He also said that CW had lost a lot of weight using Thrive and he didn't want to do it - Shanann was forcing him! :confused:

Pg 371 (Discovery pg 423)

MOO
Ronnie is more like Cindy than I initially thought.

That’s not a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member