GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #63

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ronnie said that neither CW or Shanann wanted another child, that Shanann was extremely bipolar and had paranoid tendencies toward his wife.

He also said that CW had lost a lot of weight using Thrive and he didn't want to do it - Shanann was forcing him! :confused:

Pg 371 (Discovery pg 423)

MOO
I like that the summary ends with "Watts could not understand why Christopher admitted to killing Shanann."

As opposed to.... "Watts could not understand why Christopher KILLED Shanann."

Totally agree! People who commit serious crimes generally have a history, starting with small crimes which graduate into bigger, more serious crimes. However, that is where family annihilators are interesting as some of them (eg CW, SP etc) don't have criminal histories. Their crimes appear 'out of the blue' but what you find is they have been fantasizing about it for quite some time. Not necessarily planning the crime, but in their mind they have thought about killing their families. An awful analogy is suicide, whereby people who go through with this have had a prior history of at least suicidal thought, which starts with fleeting thoughts and increases with intensity towards making a plan.

I believe this has been going on for awhile with CW. For instance, the picture of CW and SW, where CW is staring at her intently, makes me wonder what his thoughts were at the time. His facial expression does not look like love to me. Its intense and scary. Same with some of the pictures of those shoulder massages he gave her. It would not surprise me if he had been having fleeting thoughts about strangling her for quite some time. Likewise, his picture of the sheet over the doll was probably the result of his subconscious thoughts acting out in real life.

In the weeks leading up to his horrific actions he was barely sleeping. Anyone who has had babies knows what it is like to be so sleep deprived. It messes with your ability to have rational thought, your emotions and your planning skills. I do believe his lack of sleep would have influenced how well he planned and carried out his crimes..and may partially account for his absolute stupidity.

Does he admit he was sleep deprived? and why?

About the :50 mark

Wow, so RW made it up that CW told him that. When did CW say that in the interview room? Or was the trip from the airport completely misrepresented and CW at that time discussed with RW killing SW and where he buried all of them. That would make sense given the near complete lack of emotion shown by RW in the interview room when they were alone, and who immediately started prompting CW...strangle...smother... And it would explain why, when RW came into the interview room, one of the first things said by CW was "I don't want to protect her, I don't want to protect her" (paraphrased). I have been thinking that the "protect her" concept was helicoptered in, connected to nothing. RW just repeated it. I think RW had cameras/microphones in mind. I lean towards a completely different conversation in the car than has been represented to us. (by Cindy, for one)

Last edited:
Ronnie said that neither CW or Shanann wanted another child, that Shanann was extremely bipolar and had paranoid tendencies toward his wife.

He also said that CW had lost a lot of weight using Thrive and he didn't want to do it - Shanann was forcing him! :confused:

Pg 371 (Discovery pg 423)

MOO

CW sure sounded like he was all about Thrive to me.
jmo

i wish there were more data available for what was found on the apple watches. wouldn't you be able to tell when she took it off or fell asleep or when someone took it off her? what about his heart rate monitoring? if he never takes his off, i imagine his resting heart rate increased a lot during each event. what about his step activity? there is data for the phones in the discovery documents starting at DISCOVERY DOCUMENTS 1765 but that's not going to be as accurate as the watches.

*edited for typo

Last edited:
Ditto! Wow! I've not seen that video before... fascinating to see the killer looking at surveillance video of himself when he would have been loading bodies into his truck! I've never seen anyone look so damn scared and guilty.... And then the neighbor's comments to the cop at the end....

Did he actually back into the garage? I'm wondering if that's how he put his family in the truck..Do we know that?

Does anyone have any theories as to why his truck was seen coming down the street and then backing into the garage rather than simply being re-parked from the street? Seems like the surveillance camera would have picked up his initial departure also...

Dave

Ronnie is more like Cindy than I initially thought.

That’s not a good thing.
No, not good at all. It also doesn't help that they apparently believe everything CW tells them. For instance, Ronnie thought the house had been put up for sale. I assume CW told him that, but wading through all this stuff, it's sometimes hard to figure out who the lies started with. o_O MOO

29:15

"my other two grandkids come over, right Bella and Cece, that's Shanann's kids, are 4 and 3, my other two grandkids are 10 and 7, [..?] that's the tattoo right there..."

The Watts should not have been admitted as victims by the court IMO, I think they used the system. True colors are on show in this interview.

MOO

Begin @4:20

Det: This stuff, she had last night?
CW: yes
Det: What's this?
CW: Ahh, it's something ...(?)..
Det: Is that your stuff?
CW: Yah, that's the stuff I was going to give to people because they don't fit anymore.
Det: Oh, these are your jeans? (as he picks up a blue jean)
CW: It's like 38's. Way too big now.

~CW looks down at that area, breathing hard, looking really nervous.

~Discovery page 85 - While in the home, a track dog was asked to enter, as there had been some indication from the cadaver dog that a struggle or argument may have ensued. Jeff Hiebert and his K9 entered the home. Jeff stated that his dog showed interest in the unmade bed in the basement and an area just below the stairs, but did not do any final trained alerts. We exited the basement and went upstairs to the garage. No indicators were noted in the garage and we exited the home.

~Maybe he tied Shanann's arms or legs with his jeans before strangling her? or actually used the jeans to strangle her?

So do you think NK is kicking herself for scrubbing all her electronics since she is hoping for a book deal? Not all the data could be recovered. I’ve also wondered if she saved it somehow but I would think that would show in a forensic search.

im behind!
just wanna say omg blown away at the neighbours reaction to chris.
he is eyeballing him exactly the same way NUA was.
exactly!
they all knew :oops:
must have been very painful for everyone involved .
the contempt seen toward him it surprises me nobody decked him.
good folk in Colorado me thinks!o_O

i wish there were more data available for what was found on the apple watches. info their apple watches clearly in the discovery documents. wouldn't you be able to tell when she took it off or fell asleep or when someone took it off her? what about his heart rate monitoring? if he never takes his off, i imagine his resting heart rate increased a lot during each event. what about his step activity? there is data for the phones in the discovery documents starting at DISCOVERY DOCUMENTS 1765 but that's not going to be as accurate as the watches.
I have wondered the same. My feeling is she had already taken her Apple Watch off and was getting ready for bed. I'm not sure CW would have the foresight to remove her watch before he killed her. It's possible, but he has not shown evidence that he plans things real well. I feel like if he ambushed her, he would have forgotten all about her watch.

I think she had taken it off herself and was in bed or getting ready for bed. Just IMO, etc etc. Not sure the last time he had worn his.

i wish there were more data available for what was found on the apple watches. info their apple watches clearly in the discovery documents. wouldn't you be able to tell when she took it off or fell asleep or when someone took it off her? what about his heart rate monitoring? if he never takes his off, i imagine his resting heart rate increased a lot during each event. what about his step activity? there is data for the phones in the discovery documents starting at DISCOVERY DOCUMENTS 1765 but that's not going to be as accurate as the watches.
I'm still ploughing through the discovery documents putting together a timeline (with breaks to watch the latest video releases) and on 15th August Amanda Thayer told an FBI agent that Shanann's i-watch was missing with her (page 318 of discovery). She must have got that info from CW I would think.

Last edited:
You know I was just thinking about CW's confession. It amazes me that it never dawns on him that he should lie and say he rushed into Bella's room to check her - he sees no need to do so. Nah, the tiny blurry monitor is good enough to know she is not only hurt but beyond any possible help. Nor to say he tried CPR or something. It is interesting that these are facts that allude him as to how basically any parent would react. Or any babysitter, stranger, etc, for that matter. To say he was taught CPR two years ago on adult dummies, so he wouldn't know how much pressure to apply to a child! The stuff that comes out of his mouth...that he has no idea sounds basically inhuman. Like a robot. He is so used to being seen as a good guy, doing a great job in the hands-on father role in day to day activities, and getting away with lies that it just doesn't dawn on him how out of his element he is in lying about dealing with a true human emergency and what a non-sociopath would do when faced with it. Granted, he likely did not plan to having to come up with these answers at this time, but they would be quick and natural for anyone else because we know what we would do if we cared at all. It is both a grotesque and fascinating study of abnormal human psychology. MOO

I think he did not want to get deeper in debt. School tuition. Wow. Then if they got divorced, him having to take care of an infant while she was off on Thrive. That would cut into his sex time with NK.

Child support for three unless they got 50/50 custody and he sure as heck does not want that.

Clean slate is much easier.
Why would he have to pay all the child support of Shanann was making as much as him?

I considered most of her interview as an act, complete with vocal stage pronunciation. Kind of like a female macho man.
BBM, RSBM for focus

A few threads back when the discovery docs came out, I made a comment how shocked I was at how she talked to her friend about the sex act CW performed on her. This description totally fits that bill. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand