GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #68

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think this attorney for SW's family is correct? That CW killed Bella because she walked in on him strangling Shanann?
Chris Watts murdered his daughter after she walked in on him strangling his pregnant wife Shanann | Daily Mail Online

Perhaps this is the news we are waiting to hear on March 7th?

If it is, I wonder why this lawyer has put the news out early instead of waiting until the 7th March?

moo

All his new information comes from the same liar.
A touch of truth mixed in the lies, that’s what liars do.

I was one who stated I did not believe he would plead guilty and would instead go through with a horrific trial, continuing to drag Shanann's name through the mud.

But that was after he accused her of killing her daughters. Before that, when he gave those interviews on his porch, I predicted that he would confess quickly.

He did confess. But only partially.

I also said there was no way the DA would accept a plea deal for less than guilty to the full charges. I was asked directly.

But yes, after his disgusting story about Shanann I thought there would be no way he would be able to admit to what he had done. Little did I know HE was actually not the one who came up with that story. The brilliant investigators did as a means of getting him to cough up the location of the bodies. Had I known they planted that idea in his head, maybe my thoughts about the possibility of him pleading guilty would've been different. I'm not sure.

But if you watch his interrogation tapes coupled with his initial contact with LE, he actually cracked pretty quickly. He was super eager to please them and sort of seems to display a narcissistic insecurity and desperation to be seen as the good guy.

The only time in his hours of interrogation that he showed true emotion was when they asked about his co-workers helping to find the bodies. He absolutely fell apart. "They're going to think I'm a bad guy!" He wailed hysterically.

It was amazing. Not moved one bit by his children. THAT is what got him.

And he was played so well by those investigators. It was embarrassing, really, how easy it was for them to break him. He was like a toddler you trick into telling the truth.

They built a rapport with him. We didn't have the benefit of knowing that either, after the news of his accusations against Shanann broke. He seemed to bond with the investigators and want to please them so badly. They were so good that people are still commenting on how gross it was and reprehensible that they rubbed his back and gave him sympathy, despite the fact that it was pure, brilliant technique.

I suspect now that he indeed has had a sort of come to Jesus moment. At least as much as someone like him can. Can we trust him? I've always felt anything he would say would be narcissistically self-serving and dishonest. But maybe with 23 hours per day in a cell and the realization that all he did led to absolutely nothing but disaster, maybe he is feeling the intense need to be a good boy once again and get his interrogators to give him that parental reassurance that he's a good person and doing the right thing.

I have a feeling he has desperately tried to be a good boy all his life. Tried hard to do whatever he could to please his mother so she would love him.

I don't know.

Here's what I do know: NK is NOT in witness protection. She would not be eligible. That's not my opinion. That's just not how that works.

It is my opinion though that they were done investigating and this has nothing to do with any real investigation into NK.

This case was incredible. Both what he did and why. And a chance to get further info in order to profile a maniac like him? Oh I think they'd jump at that.
I wasn't referring to you Gitana......I live in Frederick CO and a lot of attorneys here in Colorado thought the same thing. I guess ultimately, none of us were there and will never know the full truth and I will be the first to admit that I could very likely be wrong.

What a truly sad day it is today to hear the things we've heard. My heart breaks for Shanann's family and friends as they come to terms with the horrendous details of this beautiful family's passing. I cannot stop the tears that are falling and I know that the worst is yet to come. May God be with The Rzuceks, all of the friends and family who have lost them and all of us who also are deeply affected. Shanann, Bella, CeCe and Nico have become people we love and I just hope that this will finally put all of the people spreading vile rumors to rest!

I still wonder if he isn't lying.

Of course it sounds a tiny bit better to say you murdered your daughter because she witnessed you killing her mum, than to say you already killed your daughters because it was a part of your plan to be free and single, and then you laid in wait for your wife and killed again and you felt good and excited about it afterwards because your plan was all coming together. Sick monster, I don't believe him. He's still angling to lessen his crimes in people's minds and not take full responsibility for planning this.

IMO

If CW would have just walked out of that house that night we wouldn't be talking about any of this. Most of us would have never even heard the name Chris Watts. There never would have been a crime. I'm sure there are many times that a husband has told his wife he is having an affair and the wife gets mad and says well "you will never see the kids ever again." Doesn't mean that gives a husband a right to kill his wife and kids. He should have been a real man and just left the house that night and hired an attorney like most people do.
There was no reason in the world to kill his family. Yes he would have had to pay child support but so do alot of people in this world. Most marriages that end in divorce with children have a father who is paying child support. Most fathers love their children and want to provide for them and not just dispose of them like trash.
If he would have done the right thing and left the house that night he could be snuggled up with his mistress right now trying to figure out their new life together.
Instead of making the correct choice he has robbed the world of his family getting to live their lives either with him in the picture or not. He could have been with his mistress right now and happy and no one needed to be murdered. He is dumb as a rock.
Since it would have been so easy for him to go get an apartment anytime for 7 weeks, I don’t believe he ever planned to do so. He played with her emotions in a gas lighting way. He even had conversations with her that gave her hope when he clearly had zero plan not to keep things going with his mistress. If there were any cross words or fights that night I firmly believe it was provoked by him (using a credit card on his mistress for the first time, etc). He wanted to get to this point. I don’t believe it was a case of just walking away during a fight or flight situation and making the wrong choice. From the time he agreed to go away with her and go to counseling before her AZ trip, I believe her fate was sealed because he surely did not plan to follow through. I believe the confession will be more of a mix of truth and lies. If he claims provocation made him do it, I believe it is a lie. If he claims rage, more lies. The autopsies don’t lie. He does. I just wonder what brought him to this confession. If it is his newfound bible life, he is letting down his god as well IMO if he claims no premeditation to it all.

No, I think it was in Ronnie Watts interview. I'm trying to find it, still. I remember the "insider", too, but that's not what I was referring to. It's possible I'm misremembering, but I'll try to validate it with sources. In the end, it doesn't REALLY matter - more trying to validate my own memory, LOL!

I’ll find the link that NK & Cindy Watts would speak regularly before the murderers.
Best of buddies so you can imagine the venom in those conversations.

The problem with liars is they lie even when they don't need too. If he is going to tell his "truth" then that's what he should have done.
I wonder if at any point during the meeting if they had to call him out on anything, or did they just let him ramble his story. I would be curious to know their thoughts of his version.

If he smothered CeCe with a blanket, wouldn’t there have been fibers found in her lungs? The autopsy stated there were no fibers found in either of the girls. I also remember the DA specifically describing and demonstrating how CW would have used his hands to pinch their noses and cover their mouths. Is it possible the girls did not insufflate any blanket fibers while being suffocated?

The problem with liars is they lie even when they don't need too. If he is going to tell his "truth" then that's what he should have done.
I wonder if at any point during the meeting if they had to call him out on anything, or did they just let him ramble his story. I would be curious to know their thoughts of his version.
I hope he didn’t tell “his truth,” as that is synonymous with a lie.

The truth and CW, are mortal enemies.

We should have access to the video. Transcript, redacted, can hide emotions and evasions.

If he smothered CeCe with a blanket, wouldn’t there have been fibers found in her lungs? The autopsy stated there were no fibers found in either of the girls. I also remember the DA specifically describing and demonstrating how CW would have used his hands to pinch their noses and cover their mouths. Is it possible the girls did not insufflate any blanket fibers while being suffocated?

Sure. Mouth closed, pinch nose, no fibers.

Just when I thought this case couldn't get any worse I read this headline. I'd always hoped (somewhat naively I guess) that CW killed them while they slept. My mind cannot comprehend this.
No, I think it was in Ronnie Watts interview. I'm trying to find it, still. I remember the "insider", too, but that's not what I was referring to. It's possible I'm misremembering, but I'll try to validate it with sources. In the end, it doesn't REALLY matter - more trying to validate my own memory, LOL!
I think it was CW to NK. CW told her he told his family it was over between him and Shanann and that he met someone new. His family was happy for him. So when his father arrived in Colorado, he already knew about NK.
Poor Shanann, Bella, Celeste and Nico killed by this monster! I keep seeing Shanann's glowing face and smiling at her wedding. She was so happy and CW standing beside her looking unhappy. Such a beautiful family destroyed by this conceited b****. It just makes me sick.

That could be a lie too. Maybe he thinks smothering her with her own blanket sounds kinder than just pressing his big hand over her nose and mouth until she/they are dead. What did she weigh? 40 lbs? and he, 185 of hard muscle. What is the proof he smothered her with her blanket?

I’ll find the link that NK & Cindy Watts would speak regularly before the murderers.
Best of buddies so you can imagine the venom in those conversations.
Someone here confirmed that NK spoke with Cindy Watts regularly BEFORE the murderers.
I keep seeing this mentioned but I don't remember this at all. I do remember Cindy saying something like she thought he was involved with someone emotionally? Could that be what you're thinking of? But, I've never heard that Cindy spoke with NK on the phone.
MOO

rsbm

Yes. They are Catholic and (IMO) believe in the sanctity of all life, from birth to natural death. Mrs. Rzucek said in her victim impact statement that she doesn’t believe she has the right to ask for his life despite his horrific actions, God will be the final judge (paraphrase)

Me too. Thanks for your post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member