GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #68

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As I try to come up with a silver lining anywhere in this story, I remember that the Dr. Phil Show, manipulative as it can be, does pay high fees for big stories.

At least SW's family will get some compensation for their financial loss.

This is weird

PEOPLE’s call to the Colorado Bureau of Investigation to confirm Lambert’s account was not immediately returned.

A spokesperson for the Weld County District Attorney’s Office tells PEOPLE the office is not releasing any more information on the case.

Chris Watts Killed Wife After She Threatened to Divorce Him, Take Kids Because of His Affair

It’s because the info is not coming from the District Attorney, it’s coming from the CBI (I believe). So the Weld County DA’s Office wont be releasing anything. I don’t think they had anything to do with this latest interview

Maybe you were thinking CW = Cindy, and the other poster was thinking CW = Chris. I'm one of those who read most of the discovery, I don't remember anything about Cindy speaking with NK. But just because I don't remember it....I'm in my 70's lol.

Ok I understand the misunderstanding now. CW & CW mixup. DOH.

As I try to come up with a silver lining anywhere in this story, I remember that the Dr. Phil Show, manipulative as it can be, does pay high fees for big stories.

At least SW's family will get some compensation for their financial loss.
Another thing about these blockbuster Dr. Phil shows is that often by the time the show comes on, all of it has been released in salacious tidbits. Really, sometimes there is nothing new, at all. I also hope the R's get some money for the stress of going on there. And to get the messages out the way they choose to, after all they've been through.

Seattle1 confirmed this.
Maybe you were thinking CW = Cindy, and the other poster was thinking CW = Chris. I'm one of those who read most of the discovery, I don't remember anything about Cindy speaking with NK. But just because I don't remember it....I'm in my 70's lol.
I'm quite certain @Seattle1 meant Christopher Watts. We've used CW for him since the beginning of the case.
MOO

ETA: Whoops, I see now that it's been resolved. :)

Interesting thoughts. Most family annihilators kill themselves so you could be very right.

I think it was @stereopticons who enlightened us about psych diagnosis classifications. It kind of blew my mind. She/he talked about how the diagnoses were created for billing purposes and so most people don't neatly fit into one.

I've found that family annihilators tend to be unique animals. A mix of issues and they vary but most seem to be desperate about appearances and not being seen as a bad guy. Like they can't face something as simple as a divorce because it would make them look bad. Many kill their families to avoid the shame of debt or a lie that's about to be uncovered. Some come from super religious families and feel they can't divorce for freedom or an affair.

It seems clear that CW was desperate to keep his relationship with NK. He was obsessive about it. Earlier I theorized that as the possible child of and enmeshed family and maybe narcissistic mother, he was unable to have his own feelings or a separate identity. He was always described as bland and kind of featureless, frankly. Withdrawn. Not social. Didn't seem to have one close, true friend.

How can you if you've been raised to meet your family's needs and have never had your own needs met or even recognized?

It seems he did break free when he got with Shanann (really his only girlfriend by that time, that I can uncover) but that caused a lot of discord and flailing and tantrums on the part of his family - mother and sister purposefully not inviting any of Shanann's friends to her bridal shower, and not showing up to the wedding, his daddy falling apart when CW married, developing apparent drug/alcohol issues, the on-going hatred of SW by his family of origin and refusal to respect her boundaries.

And ultimately, things likely got stale in his marriage as the reality of the drudgery and monotony of family life set in. Let's face it, after years of marriage it is not typically that exciting. And the routine of child care, errands and work can be deadening for many to some degree.

Further, CW was playing a role. Oh I think he was hot for SW at first but as married life went on, he might have begun to develop a resentment about being trapped in a role that was never that real for him. Because in my opinion, the reason he was such a quiet guy, a good kid, no problems, no real friends, is because he never developed a real identity. That's not allowed in enmeshed families with narcissistic parents which is what I suspect.

So now there's no more excitement and he's living someone else'e life - he doesn't know who he is so this isn't really his life. And there might be a simmering rage building up about that.

NK comes along. I think this isn't a guy who feels real love - I think you need to have an actual identity for that - but he can experience obsession and sexual thrill. Which must be pretty powerful for a guy who likely just goes through the motions and doesn't feel much of anything, ever. He became infatuated. But he was trapped. Because as much as his family disliked his wife, he likely felt a narcissistic panic at the thought of unveiling his true, base desires and leaving a pregnant wife and two kids for an affair.

Worse, he lied to NK. She thought he was at the end of a divorce, instead of not even separated. And his wife was almost four months pregnant. So he began an affair either just before he got her pregnant or soon after, which NK did not know.

And it's clear despite her revolting crooning in her police interview, that she indeed was upset that he had kids. As she told her friend, she wanted a man to start a family with, not a second family. She didn't want that baggage. Hearing that horrible woman talk, I have no doubt she made her feelings very clear, to CW.

He was going to lose her. He had to get rid of his family.

But he may not be a pure psychopath or sociopath. Maybe he's just a disturbed person with narcissistic tendencies, incapable of true love because he doesn't actually fully exist. And when he felt something, that feeling was so novel and so exciting he was willing to kill his whole family for it.

I think you have to exist to feel real love. But if a shadow person like him has been programmed to be a good boy and meet other's needs, perhaps he has an overwhelming need to get praise again from the investigators who rubbed his back and told him he was doing good, and that this was the Chris they knew was in there and that they wanted to see, when he finally started telling some truths.

The whole thing is so bizarre. He is so bizarre. I feel like he was so twisted into just this featureless good boy, growing up, that he craves pleasing others. It's so weird how he acted like a toddler in the interrogation. So easily cracked. And now he's talking again.

It is rather fascinating.

Thank you so much for such a thoughtful and detailed response. Wow, I don't think I fully realized the dysfunction of his family as I had to take a step back from this case at some point. Absolutely he was backed into a corner at this point - Shannan was coming home after 6 weeks of freedom and promises to NK - time to pay the piper. This, combined with the fact that that at his core, he was an absolute coward, is why I don't believe in any way shape or form that this was an impulsive act, or even that there were any arguments. The annihilation was premeditated and it was going to be complete. I think he was terrified of confrontation and conflict and killing his family avoided (in his crazy mind) any conflicts such as I want a divorce, I'm having an affair, I'm not leaving Shannan, sorry NK I am leaving Shannan but what about the girls I have to support them, etc. NO WAY in heck would he have the guts to have an argument with Shannan or tell her he was leaving or having an affair. It's not in his cowardly nature - killing her was easier. Nor do I believe a pregnant, ill woman would choose 3am to start an argument after flight delays etc, no matter how tired she was. It's all self-serving BS. In addition, there's also so much actual evidence of premeditation just one of which is the fact that he told his coworker 2 days in advance that he would go out to the site where he dumped the bodies to make sure he was alone.

I think with Gitana's insights above now the truth that has come out, I now believe his narcissistic supply (Mom & Dad's approval and love letters from the crazies) must have been running low...maybe his admirers were losing interest, and moved on, or were urging him to tell "the truth"...he is disgusting. I believe that the only reason we got any horrific details, those which are likeliest to be true, is probably the skill of the agents in interrogating him. I suspect he's going to regret those details and didn't want to give them.

I see some of you falling into his trap of well, it was a rage killing...don't do it! See him for the vile monster he really is. Don't start sending love letters. LOL.

Last edited:
This is what I said before, Bella heard him killing Shannon and probably heard them arguing before that which woke her up and then she saw him killing her mother. That's why I knew he killed those little girls because Bella for sure would tell what she saw.

Last edited:
In hindsight isn’t this close to the truth - coincidentally.

NOVEMBER 22, 2018
In that same interview, Kessinger said she could not think of a reason for why Chris would have hurt his children. She continues, "The only thing she could think of was that the kids may have seen him killing Shanann so he chose to kill them as well."

Chris Watts case: Texts between convicted murderer and wife released by district attorney - CBS News
In hindsight isn’t this close to the truth - coincidentally.

NOVEMBER 22, 2018
In that same interview, Kessinger said she could not think of a reason for why Chris would have hurt his children. She continues, "The only thing she could think of was that the kids may have seen him killing Shanann so he chose to kill them as well."

Chris Watts case: Texts between convicted murderer and wife released by district attorney - CBS News
Yes! That's why he killed them.

Okay - I cannot find any source that is backing up my memory. So, either I'm making it all up, it was from a rumor, or it's real and I just can't find it. Sorry to bring up something that I can't prove!

I retract my statements about Ronnie knowing ahead of time.

Now, I'm waiting to hear the ex-MRS BOMBSHELL! about the confession. Should be an interesting exercise in futility, LOL.

@Seattle1 said:
NK/CW were speaking on a daily basis -- multiple times per day! It's all in discovery....

Seattle1 confirmed this.

All - let me be clear the confirmation referenced by @they'll get you was that Chris Watts (CW) and NK talked daily during their courtship as documented in the discovery pages.

This reference was a direct response to OP question, and nothing to do with Cindy (Mom) Watts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18