Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 #81 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are SO many ways for someone to get away even when monitored. He could make a run for it south of the border for all we know.

I can’t imagine Barry would ever show up to court again. Not for an actual trial. I don’t believe it.

I know that this will not be a popular opinion here, but, I really do think the judge has overstepped the mark.

In his own words, this is not a trial and if the tweets are quoting the judge accurately, BM has been found guilty by the judge. I'm afraid, I do not call that justice, nor do I call it due process.

I think they call it that in Colorado and many other US states. The Judge gives his basis - and I do think there's a compromise here. Judge holds Barry over for Murder One - but allows bail.

He just wants everyone to know his reasoning and what the crucial facts are. In the US, that's exactly what a prelim is for. Defense does its best to get charges thrown out. Judge uses facts and reasoning (which are revealed to the public) and then...about a year from now, maybe less, there will be a trial.

Much evidence will be suppressed and many battles fought between now and that time. If you think jurors are actually reading all these tweets, I don't think that would be correct. There will be headlines, everyone already knows the outlines of the case, and then the jury will swear to pay attention only to the trial evidence - and in every trial I've watched or been part of (except OJ's), the jury was able to do that. People take being a juror very seriously.

But I do realize that in other nations, much more is suppressed at trial - something I think is questionable, btw.

We the people have a right to know what our judges and courts are up to.

The opposite of what I thought would happen, happened.

I thought the Judge was going to find no probable cause for Murder 1 but sufficient evidence for Murder 2 and refuse to grant bail.

That's why I usually stick to just arguing what someone pays me to argue. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member