Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #88

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't come across that name, yet. She references her boyfriend, MH2, so it's not to him. It's one of the few redactions that I haven't figured out.
Hmmm... I guess I interpreted the AA passage differently. Here it is from page 40/129:

"I'm just so sad <redacted> and and I texted mom for Mother's Day and she still hasn't answered and I'm scared
her and dad probably got in a big fight and I don't even know it just made me want to be gone even more
because I don't want to be around them it hurts me and I know if <redacted> is working I might have to be home
a lot more and it'll probably be the worst summer of my life."

I took it to be that MM2 was referring to her older sister in both instances that were redacted. We do know that MM1 was graduating college and got a job offer during their trip. And we know that MM1 decided to live in Gunnison, presumably due to the new job. So I was thinking that MM2 was texting her boyfriend about how she was feeling about everything.

....people very often use wording that technically implies cause-and-effect even if that's not what they are trying to communicate.)
Of course it's also possible that MM *did* mean the cause and effect, such as if she would stay home more (voluntarily or otherwise) in order to help protect her mom.
I don't think we can know what precisely was meant by MM's text until we learn more. MOO
@Auntie Cipation sbm Thanks for your response. Oh, okay, to help "protect mom." So acting as a friction barrier between SM & BM.
And maybe I was reading cause & effect into her stmt, when she did not actually intend to say that. Thanks for a point of view I missed.:)

Regarding the iMessage
Even if we learn who this new (to us) person is, I don't understand the connection to a "second device" of Barry's.

Does that mean Barry used this other person's phone for his own communications? Or AG-R sold Barry a second phone? If Barry simply communicated with AG-R, then what is the second device referring to? I guess it will be revealed eventually, but I'm impatient :p
MOO - I don't think this has anything to do with a second device. Remember, it was the defense lawyer who brought up AG, the purpose of which seemed to be to infer that BM did not put his phone into airplane mode at 2:47 PM. The lawyer argued - How could he have received an iMessage around 4:00 PM from someone if his phone was in airplane mode?

Last edited:
Which Neighbor? "Big Fight" Implied What?
@Lyanna Thx for your post. Per link: ".... one of the daughters texted the neighbor who reported Suzanne missing...."*
Yes, ^ is Denver Gazette's phrasing, not verbatim from the AA.
Imo dau texted neighbor Jean R.

From same source, this caught my attn: she was scared mom & dad got in big fight and she "might have to be home a lot more and it will probably be the worst summer of my life."

If dau thought BM would kill/had killed SM, would dau have to be home more?
Why would big fight mean she had to be home a lot more?
To act as a friction buffer between them?
Or something else?
Anyone?
* "According to court documents, on May 10 at 3:50 p.m., one of the daughters texted the neighbor who reported Suzanne missing, "I'm just so sad. ... I texted mom for Mother's Day and she still hasn't answered and I'm scared her and dad probably got in a big fight. ... I might have to be home a lot more and it will probably be the worst summer of my life."
^
Barry Morphew leaves jail as arrest affidavit is released, investigators point to abuse and threats published Sept 20 & updated Oct 24
** "
JR - Jean Ritter (neighbor who first checked on SM not home)"

^ Case Players by initials and their relationship , Media Thread,
CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 , MEDIA,MAPS,TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

What happened to make this person scared that the reason Suzanne was missing was because the parents got in a big fight?

"From same source, this caught my attn:
she was scared mom & dad got in big fight"

Her mom and dad did have a fight; consequently, Suzanne lost everything.

I do believe the [redacted] is MM1 discussing being at PP more frequently where the parents were constantly quarreling thereby, making it an insufferable summer.

That is to mean, if MM1 got a job (and she did), other sibling wld be lonelier as well as exposed to parental unit's arguments. Currently, MM1 resides with MM2, her guardian.

AJMHOO JMO

Even if we learn who this new (to us) person is, I don't understand the connection to a "second device" of Barry's.

Does that mean Barry used this other person's phone for his own communications? Or AG-R sold Barry a second phone? If Barry simply communicated with AG-R, then what is the second device referring to? I guess it will be revealed eventually, but I'm impatient :p
Just throwing an idea out there. On the recently submitted witness lists from the prosecution, there are two witnesses from the "Tracfone" company. You can buy these phones for cash and they are very hard to trace. They are burner phones.

Page 18 and 19
Morphew Case: Oct-15-2021 Through Nov-5-2021 | PDF (scribd.com)

JMO, MOO

Regarding the iMessage

MOO - I don't think this has anything to do with a second device. Remember, it was the defense lawyer who brought up AG, the purpose of which seemed to be to infer that BM did not put his phone into airplane mode at 2:47 PM. The lawyer argued - How could he have received an iMessage around 4:00 PM from someone if his phone was in airplane mode?

This is dicey but you CAN iMessage from Apple phone to Apple phone in Airplane mode.

You can NOT iMessage from an Apple phone to an Android phone in Airplane mode.

Hope that helps!

ETA….this is over WiFi

Last edited:
This is dicey but you CAN iMessage from Apple phone to Apple phone in Airplane mode.

You can NOT iMessage from an Apple phone to an Android phone in Airplane mode.

Hope that helps!

ETA….this is over WiFi
Thanks! That is good to hear. I hope the prosecution will have an expert witness to attest to this. I think the defense lawyers will bring this up again. They really don't want the jury members thinking that he put his phone into airplane mode at that critical time.

I don't think MM is necessarily meaning that she will have to be home more BECAUSE her parents are fighting -- she could well be meaning that if parents are fighting often during a summer when she is home "more" for whatever reason -- maybe even just meaning she is home more over the summer than she is during the school year -- the fighting will make it unpleasant for her ie "the worst summer of my life".

(It is my experience that people very often use wording that technically implies cause-and-effect even if that's not what they are trying to communicate.)

Of course it's also possible that MM *did* mean the cause and effect, such as if she would stay home more (voluntarily or otherwise) in order to help protect her mom.

I don't think we can know what precisely was meant by MM's text until we learn more.

MOO
I agree with your first thought. Our adult kids hate when my H and I are bickering or arguing. We get used to them not being around so tend to be our natural selves and not the parenting years when you tend to try and out your best feet forward. But we have never hurled the divorce word at each other or accused one another of cheating. But we can bicker and fight for sure.

What happened to make this person scared that the reason Suzanne was missing was because the parents got in a big fight?

"From same source, this caught my attn:
she was scared mom & dad got in big fight"

Her mom and dad did have a fight; consequently, Suzanne lost everything.

I do believe the [redacted] is MM1 discussing being at PP more frequently where the parents were constantly quarreling thereby, making it an insufferable summer.

That is to mean, if MM1 got a job (and she did), other sibling wld be lonelier as well as exposed to parental unit's arguments. Currently, MM1 resides with MM2, her guardian.

AJMHOO JMO
It's almost as if this serves as further proof that Barry and Suzanne's marriage wasn't "perfect."

It's really going to make Barry look bad when his interviews are played for the jury, during which he paints this picture of a strong and happy marriage, only to be followed by various witnesses testifying to the exact opposite.

You've also got the spy pen, grievance list, and text messages.

Liar.

Hmmm... I guess I interpreted the AA passage differently. Here it is from page 40/129:

"I'm just so sad <redacted> and and I texted mom for Mother's Day and she still hasn't answered and I'm scared
her and dad probably got in a big fight and I don't even know it just made me want to be gone even more
because I don't want to be around them it hurts me and I know if <redacted> is working I might have to be home
a lot more and it'll probably be the worst summer of my life."

I took it to be that MM2 was referring to her older sister in both instances that were redacted. We do know that MM1 was graduating college and got a job offer during their trip. And we know that MM1 decided to live in Gunnison, presumably due to the new job. So I was thinking that MM2 was texting her boyfriend about how she was feeling about everything.

It's possible. I took it as either the boyfriend or maybe a best friend. You don't have to sleep away from home to avoid being there. Especially since Barry claims to be asleep before 9 most nights. You wouldn't even need to stretch to avoid him for weeks at a time if you've got any where else to be until 10 pm.

For all we know the girls have only the knowledge BM has provided them with. Suzanne had a lover and BM begged LE never to share that with his daughters then went ahead and did it himself under the pretense of concern for the girls and being honest. Forgive your mom. We all sin! Maybe they believe JL killed her but a mere once over of the AA would dispel any belief along those lines. IMO time will tell the truth even if it’s slow and painful. I hope he choked on a turkey bone or worse. IMO
I hope the turkey bit him too!

@MassGuy sbm bbm Thanks for your post.

A question from foggy brain here. I recall a couple of SM's grievances from famous (50?) tally. Did we/the public see or hear all the items she listed? If so, I missed it. Anyone? TiA
As far as I'm aware, we've only been given a partial list, courtesy of the AA (pages 12 and 13).

A5198153-B11E-487F-A7C4-7A4F89539F5C.jpeg 2F4E2491-38B2-429A-A866-F493F31EAB3B.jpeg

ETA: I never saw this one.

"left 2x on treatment weeks."

What. A. Guy.

As far as I'm aware, we've only been given a partial list, courtesy of the AA (pages 12 and 13).

View attachment 327728 View attachment 327729

ETA: I never saw this one.

"left 2x on treatment weeks."

What. A. Guy.
This is so “Barry”. To see Suzanne in treatment or to be with her was beneath him. His standard for her was perfection. He saw it as a weakness. Like you said,
What.A.Guy

"...I fought two battles of cancer with her..." (AA p.62)

Oh, really? Didja, Barry?

Seems more like Suzanne battled cancer twice. And the most recent time, while bearing the extra burden of a husband who was, at his best, absent, and at his worst, well, worse.

I think Barry believed it was Suzanne's place to serve him. Regardless of her health, regardless of her heart.

JMO

Colorado Judicial Branch - Chaffee - Cases of Interest - People of the State of Colorado v. Barry Lee Morphew
Megnut, this is a great post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member