Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #89

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really interested in the idea of the murderer as a noobie show runner - writing his first ever multi-episode netflix series, while under investigation by the Feds ...

It's extremely difficult to write convincing scenes if you've never done it before. What time was it? Well that needs to be keep vague to fit with other evidence. What did you eat? Amazing how often this detail is missing. All the physical actions - who did what? Where were you standing/sitting? What did the victim do?

What did you talk about? The noob never writes any dialogue for the victim because he is so focussed on progressing the plot. But the people in the story don't know a murder will soon happen. Yet frequently the noob foreshadows the murder.

BM makes all these mistakes. SM says and does nothing though she has the late afternoon ahead of her ...

I've always been a "world builder," so I think more about the details than the overarching plot. I'm bad about getting hung up on the details, too. To the point that until I can crack the individual detail in a plausible manner, I can't move forward. (As evidenced by 80+ threads of me obsessing over the Bobcat only to finally realize that Grusing was right all along. "At present, Barry’s use of the Bobcat does not appear to be connected to Suzanne’s disappearance." - AA pg 41 BBM)

Although the name is redacted, it’s obvious that this interview is between LE and one of the daughters. Just my opinion I think it’s the younger one. On May 11 she says that she never looks at messages on her parents phones. I believe her. BM used them as scapegoats to explain why he deleted things from his phone. JMO

To me, it’s not so much WHAT he’s denying, but the fact that he is lying.
When things are not paradise at home especially, I think kids definitely look at messages on their parents phones. It happened to JL -- his daughter discovered SM's messages and told her brother and uncle.

I've always been a "world builder," so I think more about the details than the overarching plot. I'm bad about getting hung up on the details, too. To the point that until I can crack the individual detail in a plausible manner, I can't move forward. (As evidenced by 80+ threads of me obsessing over the Bobcat only to finally realize that Grusing was right all along. "At present, Barry’s use of the Bobcat does not appear to be connected to Suzanne’s disappearance." - AA pg 41 BBM)

World building is really critical to creating any kind of immersive, realistic story!

For instance, I was listening to an interview with a very good TV actor the other day, and she was explaining that when she is given the major plot points she has to act out, she gets in character and thinks - how does my character feel about this? How would she react?

Humans do this naturally - even if we are by ourselves. A noobie like BM doesn't consider this at all in his fabricating. Look how rich his interactions with SM are until the chipmunk incident. Look how SM was living her life.

Then suddenly she has no actions or dialogue from mid afternoon.

This is a common mistake, because the focus is simply on exposition. She needs to hurry up and go to sleep so she can go missing.

Exactly! Like when he initially insisted that he had NEVER viewed *advertiser censored* sites. Then in April 2021 when the FBI showed him screenshots from his phone, he said it must have been pop ups that came up WHILE he was viewing *advertiser censored*.
He couldn’t keep his lies straight., trying to fit his story to the ever increasing evidence.
I'm thinking that may have created a shock wave or two for the daughters too :confused:

"Odd things"?
The girls have their own phones and computers.
“Odd things” such as cute girls near Salida-who searches like that? I was just pointing out that the defense already is trying to make sure those searches don’t make it in-that’s their job. I imagine the girls rarely, if ever, touched Barry’s phone. I might hand my kid my phone to order a pizza or decide a bet by googling. Maybe IE will say that one of the girls was looking to see if her own name came up in the cute girls search. The *advertiser censored*, not so much. But that part of Barry’s phone records matters little, I think. Now if he was searching for chloroform or neck breaking like in the Casey Anthony case, I’d be interested.

Barry told FBI agents that he had informed his daughters about the affair, then later that same day, told FBI agents that he had not told them about the affair.

You know, because he's a lying liar who lies.

View attachment 330721
IMO he was nervous and under alot of stress and wanted to say the right thing and also after thinking about it. did not want the girls involved in knowing something this terrible (the affair)

“Odd things” such as cute girls near Salida-who searches like that? Maybe IE will say that one of the girls was looking to see if her own name came up in the cute girls search.

RSBM
Who searches like that? Someone who never grew up. The same person who says...
"Yeah, but she changed hers. She got her own private i--, and obviously now I see why she did it, for this boy."

One of the daughters would have been searching for "Hot women in Salida, "to see if she made the list.

Some have wondered what new device Barry paired with his Iphone. Could it have been an Apple Air Tag? Could he have purchased such a device to track Suzanne and maybe perform some additional nefarious activities at the same time? IMO
It seems like they could tell from the phone what devices are paired or are connected. If deleted, would it not be part of the phone history even if not visible in the settings which only show existing devices? I do not believe Apple Air Tag was available to order by the public until 2021...someone correct me if I'm wrong.

RSBM
Who searches like that? Someone who never grew up. The same person who says...
"Yeah, but she changed hers. She got her own private i--, and obviously now I see why she did it, for this boy."

One of the daughters would have been searching for "Hot women in Salida, "to see if she made the list.
Agree, there are so many possibilities. It's not relevant to the trial I don't think and just something of curiosity for case watchers.

"Odd things"?
The girls have their own phones and computers.
I remember JL saying his daughter learned of his affair with Suzanne by using his phone to order pizza.

My opinion though is that the Morphew girls never touched Barry’s phone since they had their own (phones, computers, cars).

It might have been completely different with JL’s family. Having six kids may have kept the teens from having phones until they worked and bought one for themselves.

When things are not paradise at home especially, I think kids definitely look at messages on their parents phones. It happened to JL -- his daughter discovered SM's messages and told her brother and uncle.
Two things come to mind. The first is that JL’s daughter used her dads phone to order pizza. Maybe he told her to. That’s when she saw the text. And the fact the there are six kids in the family and maybe JL and his wife didn’t buy phones for the kids. Maybe the kids had to wait till they were old enough to work and buy them for themselves. I just can’t imagine a teenager being remotely interested in their parents texts or calls.

Two things come to mind. The first is that JL’s daughter used her dads phone to order pizza. Maybe he told her to. That’s when she saw the text. And the fact the there are six kids in the family and maybe JL and his wife didn’t buy phones for the kids. Maybe the kids had to wait till they were old enough to work and buy them for themselves. I just can’t imagine a teenager being remotely interested in their parents texts or calls.
The JL thing could have been as simple as a kid ordering pizza using the phone and a Suzanne text came in while they had the phone in their hand. Who’s this, Dad??

Whether a teen or now as an adult, I would never use another persons phone to search for “cute people in my town” or anything remotely related to dating. Especially my fathers phone, ugh! Why would either of the daughters have searched for that, let alone on somebody else’s phone. It’s more likely to have been the daughters boyfriend but again, why use his FIL’s phone?

The worlds most stupid person award goes to…..Stretch Armstrong Barry!

The JL thing could have been as simple as a kid ordering pizza using the phone and a Suzanne text came in while they had the phone in their hand. Who’s this, Dad??
Given JL's occupation, I think he had communication with many male/female contacts daily. And cheaters have a prepared answer for everything! Seems naive to me to believe a pop-up message during a pizza order would warrant informing your brother and uncle. Not sleuthing this family but I don't think his kids are "young children." JMO

Interesting excerpt from AA.
Where was Barry, when his phone was associated with the second device?
What did he do at the times, primary and second device were connected?
No known connection during night time, only civil hours. Does say us - what?

This is the part about the 2nd device that people overlook.

... identifier: REDACTED was associated with Barry’s iPhone with an SMS at 03:43:44 PM MST on May 8th, 2020.
The second device texted Barry's phone at 3:43 pm on the Friday the 8th. In the AA, we don't get a lot of movements on Friday but it's kind of "decision day" for Barry and Suzanne so we have a lot of texts and phone calls.

We know Suzanne was at home all day.
We know Suzanne texted MB about the abuse.
We know he worked on the rock beach that evening.
We know at least Barry went to Moonlight Pizza that evening and on the way back to PP called GM.
We know after eating pizza, Barry went down to the river, ostensibly to hack Suzanne's Facebook.
We know Barry's phone and truck are at home untouched all night.

The rest of Friday is fuzzy, because Barry is real evasive about Friday. He's more evasive about Friday than he is about Saturday. In the AA, he keeps giving stuff that happened on Wednesday the 6th as Friday events. Why would he do that? Where was he at 3:45 pm on Friday?

Given JL's occupation, I think he had communication with many male/female contacts daily. And cheaters have a prepared answer for everything! Seems naive to me to believe a pop-up message during a pizza order would warrant informing your brother and uncle. Not sleuthing this family but I don't think his kids are "young children." JMO
Seattle, IIRC, when JL was interviewed didn’t he say his daughter used his phone to order the pizza and a racy text popped up from Suzanne? His daughter went to her two older brothers and asked them about Suzanne. That is when JL told Suzanne they had to stop contacting one another. But it was Suzanne who then found him on LinkedIn some months later and contacted him again.

I think his character will be really apparent when the detectives are answering questions about how many lies he told. That is fact, not really any opinion about it if things are recorded in interviews and Barry says X, but then Y is presented later to him and his story changes to fit Y.. now the jury can see his character is pretty darn crappy and it isn't even being presented as his character. The jury will see right through all this and see exactly what kind of person Barry is.

What would really hammer it home is if they create a timeline with his statements and the date, then info they give him and the date and the story he then tells to fit that evidence. Just from reading the AA again, it's very clear this happens over and over again.
Exactly! LE witnesses may not be allowed to testify and say the words, “Barry is a liar” but they will be allowed to testify about the many, many, many interviews they had with Barry, during which he lied.

Just like every other deluded spouse killer, Barry thought he was smarter than LE and sat down for interviews to prove to them that he had nothing to hide. All he managed to do was hammer his own nails in his coffin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper