Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #89

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that and you know that, but IF they asked him what he used to "shoot deer from the breezeway", what answer did he give?

He boasts that he answered every single question -- with a lot of bluster and a lot of "I don't recalls -- so did they press him? Ask about his technique?

Did he ever volunteer to LE that his .22 fires darts? Or did he blame the garage-vandal bear? Furry meth head stole his tranq gun.

I just want to know how he skirted the question. If they asked it.

It'll be his defense team's job to muddy the facts.

Barry had access to tranquilizer darts and sedative.
Barry used them in Colorado.
Barry admitted to using them in the breezeway of his home.
.22's can fire darts.
Barry had a .22.
Barry said he was firing his .22 on May 9th at 2:44 pm.
.22s can't fire a dart if a bullet is chambered.
Barry was outside Suzanne's bedroom door at 2:47.
A lone bullet was recovered from the floor on Suzanne's side of the bed.
Suzanne did not respond to a message at 2:46 pm.

Or ever again.

That's a problem.

JMO

Barry also admitted to disposal of tranquilizer material per the aa.

The second reading of the AA has me even more convinced that BM knew about his wife's affair. He continuously tells the investigators he had "no idea". Every single chance he gets, he repeats this. Over and over.

And we all know what that means. 100%.
He suspected at least.

MOO in the past, mitigation factors were allowed in murder cases of impulsively killing due to discovering infidelity.
MOO
E&N will use that sentiment to seep into how hard the jury should hold the circumstantial evidence be held against BM.

Working deeply held veins of bias is their forte.

The DA had better be smart and self aware, E&N are.

Barry also admitted to disposal of tranquilizer material per the aa.
Yes, that's his story.
He pulled the truck into the garage and cleaned up, cleaning off his work bench.
Then, in the morning, he drove past his own, paid for, association dumpster, wandered west on Hwy 50 for a while after some elk, made a u-turn then drove on to Broomfield to take his stuff/trash to use other businesses trash accounts.

IIRC He said he went to bed, but by telematics he was busy all night opening and shutting the truck doors.

Last edited:
Barry claimed at one point that Suzanne never used the D word but that, if she had, he'd have written her a check for half.

'Scuse me?

How about Suzanne could've written him a check? The control and ownership he exhibits really bothers me. It wasn't his money then; it shouldn't be his money now!!!

Addles me to no end that he found a way to make it all his money. With guardianship, to boot.

IMO Suzanne, who was denied her freedom, is financing the very defense which is attempting to secure for Barry, his. MOO MOO MOO

I'm waiting frankly for him to petition to have her declared deceased. So he can disperse her estate. To his attorneys.

Color me jaded.

JMO

Barry claimed at one point that Suzanne never used the D word but that, if she had, he'd have written her a check for half.

'Scuse me?

How about Suzanne could've written him a check? The control and ownership he exhibits really bothers me. It wasn't his money then; it shouldn't be his money now!!!

Addles me to no end that he found a way to make it all his money. With guardianship, to boot.

IMO Suzanne, who was denied her freedom, is financing the very defense which is attempting to secure for Barry, his. MOO MOO MOO

I'm waiting frankly for him to petition to have her declared deceased. So he can disperse her estate. To his attorneys.

Color me jaded.

JMO
It would be interesting to know how much she had in those accounts that were in her name only. I doubt it will come up and we won't know. I'm guessing it wasn't much so "her estate" that wasn't jointly owned probably isn't very significant in all reality and no pressing need to have her declared legally deceased. I would be shocked if it was enough to cover legal fees. If it is that much we might "learn" about it. I am hoping that he transferred a big chunk of assets over to his daughters or mother so that there is some of their estate left ultimately that won't be needed. If the Morphews assets were in the two million dollar range as proclaimed by the prosecutors that could have occurred. I like to think he might have secured that for their daughters as a safety net. Everyone claims he was a planner so stands to reason. His lawyers I would guess are $150,000 maybe higher depending on what any trial "experts" are going to cost, there is $500,000 sitting in the courts from his bond that could potentially be returned so there is still a bunch of money floating around somewhere to come close to 2 million.

The second reading of the AA has me even more convinced that BM knew about his wife's affair. He continuously tells the investigators he had "no idea". Every single chance he gets, he repeats this. Over and over.

Every time I read through it, I notice something else. Barry spends so much time running his mouth that you get distracted by a thread and follow it through. It was only on my last read through I noticed that Grusing did ask if the .22 was in the truck when he got home.

pg 98
SA Grusing asked Barry how he knew the chipmunk was outside to chase it that day, and he said, “Oh, they’re always out there. That’s just what I do. I mean, I’ve shot 85 chipmunks at my house. And when I’m bored, I shoot chipmunks.”

SA Grusing said, “Right,” and asked if the chipmunk gun was in the car or truck with him and he said he did not remember.

SA Grusing noted from the evidence it appeared Barry made it from the garage to the porch in seven seconds and asked Barry if he remembered where the gun was.

Barry stated, “I don’t recall. It coulda been in the truck. It might’ve been, but I don’t recall.”

SA Grusing asked if the scope was mounted on the gun at the time and Barry said, “Yeah,” nodding his head.

[Quoting myself here for context.]

BM mentioned many times that if others thought he knew about the affair, they would consider it a motive for murder. He stated that many, many times. Often when he, unbidden yet repeatedly, denied knowledge of the affair, he tossed that nugget in there.

The transparency in his three-30 interviews is astonishing.

His lawyers I would guess are $150,000 maybe higher depending on what any trial "experts" are going to cost, there is $500,000 sitting in the courts from his bond that could potentially be returned so there is still a bunch of money floating around somewhere to come close to 2 million.
^^rsbm

Sorry, here's a reality check on the estimated cost of BM's legal defense:

In 2016, E & N represented Tom Fallis accused of murdering his wife (he was acquitted). In an interview given to 5280 Denver Mile High Magazine, Fallis said his legal bills were $400,000. In comparison, his late wife's parents told the magazine they spent more than $70,000 in legal fees to secure grandparents’ visitation rights through the courts. Colorado lawyers are not cheap!

One Man's Tragic Journey Through the Colorado Legal System

In total irony, most the animals he hunted, have more awareness in their world than Barry does in his, just by their innate instinctiveness. His only advantage must have been a gun.
A gun and no conscience. Barry is such an “accomplished hunter” that he had to drug an animal to get a rack. IIRC he also had a business (or a stake in one) in IN, where they released deer into a fenced area to make shooting one easier. Seems like Barry is all about the shortcuts. Unless of course, he’s hunting little chipmunks around his house.

Every time I read through it, I notice something else. Barry spends so much time running his mouth that you get distracted by a thread and follow it through. It was only on my last read through I noticed that Grusing did ask if the .22 was in the truck when he got home.

pg 98
SA Grusing asked Barry how he knew the chipmunk was outside to chase it that day, and he said, “Oh, they’re always out there. That’s just what I do. I mean, I’ve shot 85 chipmunks at my house. And when I’m bored, I shoot chipmunks.”

SA Grusing said, “Right,” and asked if the chipmunk gun was in the car or truck with him and he said he did not remember.

SA Grusing noted from the evidence it appeared Barry made it from the garage to the porch in seven seconds and asked Barry if he remembered where the gun was.

Barry stated, “I don’t recall. It coulda been in the truck. It might’ve been, but I don’t recall.”

SA Grusing asked if the scope was mounted on the gun at the time and Barry said, “Yeah,” nodding his head.

Yep. I wish I had a buck (the legal-tender kind, that is) for every time he responded, "I don't recall."

I never thought he did anything on the way to Broomfield....there was no timeline known for that at the beginning. Now we've got a 15 minute maybe he went west and turned around before heading to Broomfield so who knows. That area has been pretty thoroughly searched. I do think from Saturday afternoon to Sunday afternoon is wide open to theory based on the data we know about and speculation of all kinds. I'm not assuming he acted alone and never thought he acted alone as it would be way to easy for someone in another vehicle to scooped her body and head west totally undetected and she's hundreds of miles away, although the trial is about Barry and Barry alone so will see how it plays out. I'm hung up on the fact that his vehicle never shows he left the house that night even though there were telematics of opening and closing doors etc. She's not on the property, she's not at the river house, she's not on the way to Broomfield so where is she and how do they prove tampering to bring it full circle to Barry and Barry alone acted?
Perhaps he was quickly checking the site where he put Suzanne the night before? IMO whatever he did with Suzanne, was done with the bobcat.

^^rsbm

Sorry, here's a reality check on the estimated cost of BM's legal defense:

In 2016, E & N represented Tom Fallis accused of murdering his wife (he was acquitted). In an interview given to 5280 Denver Mile High Magazine, Fallis said his legal bills were $400,000. In comparison, his late wife's parents told the magazine they spent more than $70,000 in legal fees to secure grandparents’ visitation rights through the courts. Colorado lawyers are not cheap!

One Man's Tragic Journey Through the Colorado Legal System
Good info. Thanks. So far this one's moving along pretty quickly, but I could see it being higher and depending on cost of experts, etc. I just took a wild I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
This has been bothering me.

He's a digger.

If he moved some boulders on their own property, barried her body 6 feet under, under a blanket of skunk extract, and backfilled it, who would ever know he'd done it?

Could she be barried in plain sight?

JMO

Perhaps he was quickly checking the site where he put Suzanne the night before? IMO whatever he did with Suzanne, was done with the bobcat.
I think so too. I think he buried her very deep and then put everything back like it had never been touched by covering it with boulders and vegetation. You'd need a bobcat for that endeavour.

But it confuses me that LE seemed to say the bobcat was not involved. Am I remembering that correctly?

I think so too. I think he buried her very deep and then put everything back like it had never been touched by covering it with boulders and vegetation. You'd need a bobcat for that endeavour.

But it confuses me that LE seemed to say the bobcat was not involved. Am I remembering that correctly?

Yes, per the AA, they didn't think he'd used it.

But that was almost eight months ago.

If he pulled the SIM card, who would know?

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member