Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #89

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think so too. I think he buried her very deep and then put everything back like it had never been touched by covering it with boulders and vegetation. You'd need a bobcat for that endeavour.

But it confuses me that LE seemed to say the bobcat was not involved. Am I remembering that correctly?
LE said in the AA, “ at this time” it doesn’t appear that he used the bobcat.

This has been bothering me.

He's a digger.

If he moved some boulders on their own property, barried her body 6 feet under, under a blanket of skunk extract, and backfilled it, who would ever know he'd done it?

Could she be barried in plain sight?

JMO

It would be an unusual move by a killer like this, as (anecdotally) the priority is getting the body some distance away.

Killers who bury in the backyard usually have an incredible amount of lead time until a disappearance is discovered, which is one reason why they feel comfortable doing so.

A move like that should still show significant traces of activity, and Barry's bobcat does not appear to be involved.

So however he did it, I believe he did transport her to a remote location that he knew well.

Hopefully we hear a theory during trial.

This has been bothering me.

He's a digger.

If he moved some boulders on their own property, barried her body 6 feet under, under a blanket of skunk extract, and backfilled it, who would ever know he'd done it?

Could she be barried in plain sight?

JMO
There really isn’t a good way to cover up excavation work. Boulders sink into ground over time and disturbed earth is not difficult to see so no I don’t think she is in plain sight.

I think so too. I think he buried her very deep and then put everything back like it had never been touched by covering it with boulders and vegetation. You'd need a bobcat for that endeavour.

But it confuses me that LE seemed to say the bobcat was not involved. Am I remembering that correctly?

Yes, they did -- but maybe not involved in the sense they knew where the bobcat was on Saturday afternoon when it was being serviced at DSi, and according to the card removed from the equipment, must not have left the area after that.

However, I don't doubt that BM could have possibly prepared an area in advance where all he had to do was move and cover. I've seen crews waiting for delivery of pipe or conduit (or in this case earth auger/trees) and for some reason delayed until the following day. If required (i.e., a contract clause), they'll temporarily fill the trench overnight with an approved backfill (including clay, and limestone-- plentiful in CO)!! SM was petite and BM a strong dude -- it would take him little time to drop and cover and there are hand tamper tools. We know BM loves his bobcat but disposing of SM is doable without it. MOO

There really isn’t a good way to cover up excavation work. Boulders sink into ground over time and disturbed earth is not difficult to see so no I don’t think she is in plain sight.

when SM went missing and the community came to rally to search for her, instead of joining the search he chose to sit there with a gun, which is really an odd response for someone who’s wife is missing. I think it’s possible she is very close. I don’t think she’s on that property but somewhere near there that is accessible by foot or the assistance of another person which is my suspicion.

when SM went missing and the community came to rally to search for her, instead of joining the search he chose to sit there with a gun, which is really an odd response for someone who’s wife is missing. I think it’s possible she is very close. I don’t think she’s on that property but somewhere near there that is accessible by foot or the assistance of another person which is my suspicion.
I joked prior to this search that searchers should traipse all over his property, as it would drive him nuts.

That's the kind of person Barry is, which made it easy to predict his response.

I didn't anticipate he'd confront searchers with a gun in his hand, but I was confident there would be some sort of confrontation.

So I don't take take it as a sign that Suzanne was close, rather, I see it as Barry being Barry.

A territorial brute.

"Get off my lawn!"

Forgive me for belaboring...

If he scraped back driveway peat rock, dug a hole, dropped a cooler in,, backfilled it and replaced the rock, and added another layer of rock later, there'd potentially be zero proof of that. Short of some residual cadaverine, hour depending.

I'm not married to that theory, just desperate for her to be found.

Animal den, mineshaft, man-made hole --these are all within his domain.

King of the hill.

JMO

I joked prior to this search that searchers should traipse all over his property, as it would drive him nuts.

That's the kind of person Barry is, which made it easy to predict his response.

I didn't anticipate he'd confront searchers with a gun in his hand, but I was confident there would be some sort of confrontation.

So I don't take take it as a sign that Suzanne was close, rather, I see it as Barry being Barry.

A territorial brute.

"Get off my lawn!"
Was it in his hand? I thought anecdotal accounts from a friend who was in the search group near PP were he had rife slung over his shoulder and was yelling at people approaching his lot line who were told they were not allowed to trespass. I wasn’t aware he confronted people with a gun in hand.

Was it in his hand? I thought anecdotal accounts from a friend who was in the search group near PP were he had rife slung over his shoulder and was yelling at people approaching his lot line who were told they were not allowed to trespass. I wasn’t aware he confronted people with a gun in hand.
Over his shoulder, not sure it makes a difference it serves the same purpose

An angry man approaches you with a rifle on his person. What difference does it make if it's in his hand, or slung across his shoulder or back?

You don't think that's intimidation either way?

Over his shoulder, not sure it makes a difference it serves the same purpose
Right?! Whereas most people would be offering bottles of water and thanking the hundreds of volunteers that came from all over to help search for their beloved family member/spouse, this Neanderthal BM greets them with a gun slung over his shoulder, in his hand, what the af does it matter.
He greeted searchers searching for HIS WIFE with a gun.
Enuff said.

IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne

Right?! Whereas most people would be offering bottles of water and thanking the hundreds of volunteers that came from all over to help search for their beloved family member/spouse, this Neanderthal BM greets them with a gun slung over his shoulder, in his hand, what the af does it matter.
He greeted searchers searching for HIS WIFE with a gun.
Enuff said.

IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne
Once he received the (expected) negative press coverage, he did ultimately back down and allow searchers on his property the following day.

And I agree, instead of a handshake and a thank you, these people were met with intimidation.

Say what you want about Barry, but no one can say he's not a class act.

Or something.

Thank you NoSI. My son is here with me now. We live 700 miles away from each other. Guess I have to go through the stages of grief and I am. It hurts so much. I miss him. I loved him with every bit of my soul and he loved me just as much.

Jakat, I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your husband. Be kind to yourself and know you have a ton of support here. I lost my sister last year on January 11, I know the pain. Keeping you close in my thoughts and prayers.

An angry man approaches you with a rifle on his person. What difference does it make if it's in his hand, or slung across his shoulder or back?

You don't think that's intimidation either way?
Absolutely it was a warning. The search parameters were very clear and communicated to all searchers that no one was to be on the property. He later capitulated and allowed a small group on the property. Sort of ironic since many were absolute in their feelings regarding trespassing.

As I said upthread, hiding the body almost certainly occurred at night. Wouldn't that rule out Barry's BFF, the Bobcat?

What method would fit a nighttime scenario?

I've always felt the site was likely chosen and prepared in advance. Still, wouldn’t that have been a daunting task for one person, in rugged terrain, in the dark?

Absolutely it was a warning. The search parameters were very clear and communicated to all searchers that no one was to be on the property. He later capitulated and allowed a small group on the property. Sort of ironic since many were absolute in their feelings regarding trespassing.
"Close to trespassing," is not trespassing. No one was on his property when this occurred.

Yesterday we ran into him as we cross that mountain top of where we found the evidence and he was out hanging trail cams and he had a shotgun on his shoulder and warned us not to go any further because we were about to enter private property. And to answer your question, no, he’s not involved in the search,” shared Moorman.

‘I’m afraid this is domestic abuse’; Suzanne Morhpew’s brother says husband not participating in search, carrying shotgun to keep people off property | FOX31 Denver

As I said upthread, hiding the body almost certainly occurred at night. Wouldn't that rule out Barry's BFF, the Bobcat?

What method would fit a nighttime scenario?

I've always felt the site was likely chosen and prepared in advance. Still, wouldn’t that have been a daunting task for one person, in rugged terrain, in the dark?

Might've had some resources on his side.

Headlamp.
Night vision goggles.
Moon light.
Full familiarity with the path.

JMO

This is exactly what is so concerning: your wife is missing and the community wants to help and you want to limit the search to find her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966