Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #89

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My only thought regarding where is Suzanne is prosecution added the tampering charge to Barry’s list so they either have to drop it or address it so perhaps we will get some idea of what prompted that charge and what prosecution will use as evidence of tampering if they meant moving the body or something else.

My only thought regarding where is Suzanne is prosecution added the tampering charge to Barry’s list so they either have to drop it or address it so perhaps we will get some idea of what prompted that charge and what prosecution will use as evidence of tampering if they meant moving the body or something else.
It's a standard charge when the body has been moved and concealed. Amazingly, it used to be a misdemeanor in Colorado.

We saw this charge in Watts (bodies recovered), Schelling (body never recovered), Stauch (body recovered after arrest), Berreth (body never recovered), and now this one.

Suzanne's body should have been found in the house; it was not, which justifies the charge.

Mother of Dylan Redwine pushed new law now used in high-profile crimes

This is exactly what is so concerning: your wife is missing and the community wants to help and you want to limit the search to find her.
I think by that point 4+ months in there was so much negativity there wasn’t going to be anyone he trusted. By that time the person who instigated the search was already accusing him of all kinds of things. So now he is going to tromp around with all kinds of people he doesn’t know? Really wasn’t a surprise to me. For all he knew he could have been out in the wilderness and some searcher could have decided to practice vigilante Justice. Not a stretch of the imagination. He knew the search wasn’t sanctioned by LE. Sure I think it shows his nature but totally understandable.

I think by that point 4+ months in there was so much negativity there wasn’t going to be anyone he trusted. By that time the person who instigated the search was already accusing him of all kinds of things. So now he is going to tromp around with all kinds of people he doesn’t know? Really wasn’t a surprise to me. For all he knew he could have been out in the wilderness and some searcher could have decided to practice vigilante Justice. Not a stretch of the imagination. He knew the search wasn’t sanctioned by LE. Sure I think it shows his nature but totally understandable.
<modsnip> Most of us would be so desperate to find out spouse regardless of who organized it; yet, he didn’t search at all so there’s that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, they did -- but maybe not involved in the sense they knew where the bobcat was on Saturday afternoon when it was being serviced at DSi, and according to the card removed from the equipment, must not have left the area after that.

However, I don't doubt that BM could have possibly prepared an area in advance where all he had to do was move and cover. I've seen crews waiting for delivery of pipe or conduit (or in this case earth auger/trees) and for some reason delayed until the following day. If required (i.e., a contract clause), they'll temporarily fill the trench overnight with an approved backfill (including clay, and limestone-- plentiful in CO)!! SM was petite and BM a strong dude -- it would take him little time to drop and cover and there are hand tamper tools. We know BM loves his bobcat but disposing of SM is doable without it. MOO
Barry certainly isn’t a deep thinker and IMO he likes to take the easiest route possible to get his desired result. I just have a nagging feeling that Suzanne is somewhere fairly close to the house, in a location that he can keep an eye on without drawing too much attention.

This is what keeps bringing me back to the bobcat…

From the AA:
5/10/2020 - The Initial Scene pg 2

Deputy Brown was walking in the driveway when Deputy Defurio told him that there were barefoot marks inside of the bucket on the Bobcat. Deputy Brown went with him to examine and found that the cutting blade on the bucket of the Bobcat appeared to be newly replaced, along with the nuts and bolts.

5/5/2021 - FBI Interview evidence review pg 120
SA Grusing says that if Barry took her phone, agents can see that Barry is wanting to repair the relationship and Suzanne is trying to do the opposite, so that if Barry would come home and take her phone Saturday night that would look bad for Barry if she went missing the next day. Barry begins sliding his foot back and forth on the blade of the bucket on the bobcat.

SA Grusing continues telling Barry the burden would be on agents to find out what happened to Suzanne and not him. Barry responded, “Yeah.”

SA Grusing says it would make sense to agents that when he comes home around 2:44 pm on Saturday that he would take her phone and she runs off or disappears or whatever happens, happens. Barry said, “Yeah.”

SA Grusing says again it is our job to find her. Barry said, “Yeah.”

Barry again slides his foot along the cutting blade of the bobcat. SA Grusing said if there is something bad happened and it looks bad for Barry, he should tell agents and put the burden on them to do the rest of the investigation.

Barry certainly isn’t a deep thinker and IMO he likes to take the easiest route possible to get his desired result. I just have a nagging feeling that Suzanne is somewhere fairly close to the house, in a location that he can keep an eye on without drawing too much attention.

This is what keeps bringing me back to the bobcat…

From the AA:
5/10/2020 - The Initial Scene pg 2

Deputy Brown was walking in the driveway when Deputy Defurio told him that there were barefoot marks inside of the bucket on the Bobcat. Deputy Brown went with him to examine and found that the cutting blade on the bucket of the Bobcat appeared to be newly replaced, along with the nuts and bolts.

5/5/2021 - FBI Interview evidence review pg 120
SA Grusing says that if Barry took her phone, agents can see that Barry is wanting to repair the relationship and Suzanne is trying to do the opposite, so that if Barry would come home and take her phone Saturday night that would look bad for Barry if she went missing the next day. Barry begins sliding his foot back and forth on the blade of the bucket on the bobcat.

SA Grusing continues telling Barry the burden would be on agents to find out what happened to Suzanne and not him. Barry responded, “Yeah.”

SA Grusing says it would make sense to agents that when he comes home around 2:44 pm on Saturday that he would take her phone and she runs off or disappears or whatever happens, happens. Barry said, “Yeah.”

SA Grusing says again it is our job to find her. Barry said, “Yeah.”

Barry again slides his foot along the cutting blade of the bobcat. SA Grusing said if there is something bad happened and it looks bad for Barry, he should tell agents and put the burden on them to do the rest of the investigation.
I think Grusing is focusing on Barry's physical behavior, as it is an example of a pacifying gesture.

If you watch a video of a guilty person in an interrogation room, you might see them touch their face, rub their neck, bounce their knee, fidget, rubbing their hands, push their chair back, etc.

They won't do this during innocuous questioning, but rather, when they're stressed by tough questions.

I don't do maps.

Is it possible to get from PP to the fire station via a back route? What vehicles might be stored there? Anything with a diesel engine?

He wanted his truck parked at PP. Nothing to see here, Folks. So he either disposed of her nearby with full confidence she couldn't be found or he had an alternate vehicle to take her farther.

I can't make sense of the beach site.

His truck reset.

The supposed parked Bobcat.

He makes my head hurt.

JMO

I think Grusing is focusing on Barry's physical behavior, as it is an example of a pacifying gesture.

If you watch a video of a guilty person in an interrogation room, you might see them touch their face, rub their neck, bounce their knee, fidget, rubbing their hands, push their chair back, etc.

They won't do this during innocuous questioning, but rather, when they're stressed by tough questions.
Stressed and feeling guilty.

IMO he loves that Bobcat. He’s like a little boy with his Tonka truck.

I recall reading that the Bobcat had a new blade but that makes the bare feet in the bucket even stranger. Someone changing a blade would not stand in the bucket barefoot, would they? Whose feet were they?

Perhaps it also shows Barry’s knowledge of and fear regarding what Suzanne’s two brothers were capable of in their efforts to find and retrieve their sister. Not in a threatening manner but in a we will do whatever is necessary to bring our little sister home. IMO I would guess Gene Moorman would have joined Andy on his search had his health and circumstances allowed. The other brother was likely helping from afar. Barry knew the Morphews well and I don’t doubt he knew exactly what lengths they would go to in searching for her. They told him so and they honored their promise. They weren’t there to shoot or kill anything they merely wanted Suzanne to be found and laid to rest as we all know her religious beliefs and actions suggested. IMO ebm for grammar apologies!

Last edited:
I don't do maps.

Is it possible to get from PP to the fire station via a back route? What vehicles might be stored there? Anything with a diesel engine?

He wanted his truck parked at PP. Nothing to see here, Folks. So he either disposed of her nearby with full confidence she couldn't be found or he had an alternate vehicle to take her farther.

His truck reset.

He makes my head hurt.

JMO

Based on the aa he stated many times “they won’t find evidence in my truck.” Always made me think his truck wasn’t involved, it’s mind boggling

I don't do maps.

His truck reset.

He makes my head hurt.

JMO

BBM. The short answer is no. The longer answer is Google Earth

Stressed and feeling guilty.

IMO he loves that Bobcat. He’s like a little boy with his Tonka truck.

I recall reading that the Bobcat had a new blade but that makes the bare feet in the bucket even stranger. Someone changing a blade would not stand in the bucket barefoot, would they? Whose feet were they?
Personally, I've not placed too much weight on the footprint in the bucket. The blade work was done at DSi on a Saturday -- not exactly a workday by construction shop standards and it would not surprise me if an employee had his kids with him on Saturday that resulted in somebody standing inside the bucket.

I also find it strange that there's no mention at all of testing a visible footprint for DNA. For some reason, LE was not moved by the footprint. MOO

Last edited:
E & N are masters at what they do. Been studying those PH transcript vids ... I loathe E&N in a way that only those with an overdeveloped sense of justice can understand and also have a lot of respect for their absolute brazenness.

Some discussion around the possible path the defense plans to traverse and I think I've found it.

PH Eytan: Okay. So let's start here. Ms. Morphew used her -- seeing her dad so that she could see Mr. Libler on one occasion that we're talking about in at least in -- one trip to Florida that you'll recall.

PH Harris: Yes. the February 2020 trip she was going to see both Sheila and her father. Yes.

PH Eytan: Okay. Now she would also use Sheila as an excuse. She would tell Mr. Morphew, her husband, I'm going to hang out and have a girls trip with Sheila, but then she'd be tagging on a trip to see her lover, Mr. Libler, right? "

Everybody seeing that? Suzanne is the villain of the Barry's tale.

Sincerest condolences @jakat . If you need distraction as comfort, we're here for you.
Thank you sk716. It feels good to sit at my laptop tonight. My son is still here and we have gotten a lot accomplished. He's going home tomorrow night but coming back on Wednesday, maybe with my daughter-in-law. He works from home so he's going to work from here which is great. He's concerned but he knows I have a good head on my shoulders and I'll be okay. It's just that it's a bit screwed up right now. My husband's death is so raw right now, but it's only been a couple of days. The grief is overwhelming at times. But, I will be okay eventually.

I'm also giving the Arrest Affidavit a second read.

For over a year, many of us assumed that BM hid SM's remains along his route to Broomfield on Sunday morning. We now think those actions occurred sometime Saturday night.

SA Grusing said investigators believe her body is close to where the bike and helmet are. [March 10, 2021]

Now I'm thinking the disposal occurred between 7:33 p.m. when BM tried to disable his truck's GPS and 10:17 p.m. when his phone left airplane mode. Though it could have been later.

What options would be available in the dark of night?
What's the most plausible scenario?
What are the investigators' theories?
Such intriguing questions you have .... bbm

What options would be available in the dark of night?
What's the most plausible scenario?
What are the investigators' theories?

That Bobcat of Barry's had all of the bells and whistles on it, including being outfitted w lights, correct?
I've always felt:

Girls' camping trip during covid was pre-planned or at least prompted by Barry for this particular week
Barry had Suzanne's burial site prepared prior to needing it during Mother's Day Weekend

Now, I feel:

Barry prepared a narrow but very deep hole for Suzanne well in advance of needing a place for her body. An auger attached to the beloved Bobcat skid could easily dig such a hole. Hole is at least 20' deep, 2.5' wide.

Suzanne may have been buried alive but sedated by being placed in this deep hole asap after the tranquilizer dart hit her then, covered with soil and lye. The area above ground would be left to appear as if pristine and natural.

If she's shot with the tranq dart by 3pm and he begins to transport her by 7:30pm; then he could have driven as far as a 90 min drive to the prepared spot and as much as a 90 min back to Puma Path. If it is possible, Suzanne needs to be found but my fear is she's 20' deep.

disposal occurred between 7:33 p.m. when BM tried to disable his truck's GPS and 10:17 p.m. when his phone left airplane mode

jmo&mso

Personally, I've not placed too much weight on the footprints in the bucket. The blade work was done at DSi on a Saturday -- not exactly a workday by construction shop standards and it would not surprise me if an employee had his kids with him on Saturday that resulted in somebody standing inside the bucket.

I also find it strange that there's no mention at all of testing a visible footprint for DNA. For some reason, LE was not moved by the footprint. MOO
Before the AA, I thought the odds were great that the bobcat was involved. Despite the dog hits however, the evidence just doesn't seem to support its involvement (gps info).

I'd still like a more detailed explanation though.

Based on the aa he stated many times “they won’t find evidence in my truck.” Always made me think his truck wasn’t involved, it’s mind boggling
Agreed but based in the 80 plus opening and closings of the truck doors that night what was he doing? Cleaning? Doubtful because he still had a trunk full of crap when the cops showed up. Seriously what would require so much truck door activity unless he was packing up everything of Suzanne’s to ditch it as if she left? Did he take and trash most of her things except what he could burn at home snd what would legit point to her putting away her bikini. Wth is the brown towel? So much activity for a man exhausted after sex and a shared plate of steak who left his wife naked and lightly snoring. What are we missing?

Thank you sk716. It feels good to sit at my laptop tonight. My son is still here and we have gotten a lot accomplished. He's going home tomorrow night but coming back on Wednesday, maybe with my daughter-in-law. He works from home so he's going to work from here which is great. He's concerned but he knows I have a good head on my shoulders and I'll be okay. It's just that it's a bit screwed up right now. My husband's death is so raw right now, but it's only been a couple of days. The grief is overwhelming at times. But, I will be okay eventually.
Hugs to you. I’m so sorry for your loss. Happy your son is available for you. Sending prayers and love.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdw1990