Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #89

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you click on the thumbnails they get bigger.

Those scratches are a perfect match to fingernail scratches in other murder cases (google it).

That jagged crack goes down the door, right through the locking mechanism.

Zoomed and circled respectively:

View attachment 330867 View attachment 330868

Totally agree! They look very much like impression marks/claw marks.

"Three types of fingernail markings may occur, either singly or in combination as follows:

• Impression marks: These result from fingernails cutting into the skin. They may be shaped like commas or semicircles.

• Scratch marks: These are superficial and long and may be narrow or as wide as the fingernail. Scratches caused by the longer fingernails of women are frequently more severe than those from a male assailant.

• Claw marks: These occur when the skin is undermined, thus they appear to be more dramatic and vicious. While claw marks may be grouped parallel markings down the front of the neck, they often are randomly scattered."
No expert, but not sure how a tree branch could leave marks like this.

Source: Domestic Violence Clinical Presentation: History, Physical, Causes

Totally agree! They look very much like impression marks/claw marks.

"Three types of fingernail markings may occur, either singly or in combination as follows:

• Impression marks: These result from fingernails cutting into the skin. They may be shaped like commas or semicircles.

• Scratch marks: These are superficial and long and may be narrow or as wide as the fingernail. Scratches caused by the longer fingernails of women are frequently more severe than those from a male assailant.

• Claw marks: These occur when the skin is undermined, thus they appear to be more dramatic and vicious. While claw marks may be grouped parallel markings down the front of the neck, they often are randomly scattered."
No expert, but not sure how a tree branch could leave marks like this.

Source: Domestic Violence Clinical Presentation: History, Physical, Causes
This is excellent, great find.

The only way Barry received these marks from a tree, is if he was assaulted by one of those apple trees in "The Wizard of Oz."

Poor Dorothy.

This is excellent, great find.

The only way Barry received these marks from a tree, is if he was assaulted by one of those apple trees in "The Wizard of Oz."

Poor Dorothy.
Thanks for triggering a childhood nightmare for me, MG!
That gruff “ how ya like them apples” still scares me more than the flying monkeys. :eek::p

I don’t remember it being confirmed anywhere that it was a church sponsored camping trip ( although it was discussed endlessly here by us), but looks like that’s what 48 Hours is saying :

Did accused husband use chipmunks as his alibi for murder?

Correspondent Peter Van Sant investigates in "The Suzanne Morphew Case: Nothing Is What It Seems," an all-new "48 Hours" airing Saturday at 10/9c on CBS and streaming on Paramount+.

Gruber studied thousands of pages of public documents from the prosecutor, investigators and defense attorneys.

Suzanne was reported missing on May 10, 2020. She'd been alone that day because her daughters, Macy, 16, and Mallory, 20, were off on a church-sponsored camping trip and planned to return home later that Mother's Day.

What’s interesting to me is the friend request on May 10th.

Every other person talked about in that section, the date and time is when they accepted the request. Considering the number of other typos and conflicting dates/times in the AA, I'm erring on the side of it should say accepted not received.

What model of Santa Cruz bike is that?

I tried to work that out a while back and after seeing the full color pic, I think it's a custom build. Probably by the guy who put the new tires on on the 7th.
http://www./wp-content/uploads/2022/01/morphew-05.jpg
http:// http://www./wp-content/uploads/2022/01/morphew-05.jpg

I tried to work that out a while back and after seeing the full color pic, I think it's a custom build. Probably by the guy who put the new tires on on the 7th.
http://www./wp-content/uploads/2022/01/morphew-05.jpg
http:// http://www./wp-content/uploads/2022/01/morphew-05.jpg
That is an expensive bike for a novice.

I'm so sorry for you and your mom. It is very true about being truly in love. We became co-dependent with each other. My husband was a fantastic guy, respected in the community in CT for something he did for himself. He was in AA and did not drink for 43 years. He helped so many other alcoholics over the years. He spoke at prisons in CT and New York, bad prisons. I was ready to divorce him. Our son was 6 months old when he did. He never touched another drop of alcohol. He lived his life his way, but not selfishly. He was a very generous guy. I miss him so very much. It's hard. It's like a rug has been yanked from underneath me. My son and I feel his presence in double numbers. Not sure what that means except we know he's here with us. He was a numbers man. The grief is overwhelming at times.
I’m so far behind here, but wanted to say I’m so very sorry for your loss. I’m glad your son is with you. Your husband sounds like a very special man. You’re a very strong woman! Let the memories warm you and help you thru the pain. You will never be alone, we are your family too! <3

... AND, compared with the rest of the arm, it looks to me as if the wounded area of his arm has been depilated/shaved, and that this was done sufficiently in advance of this photo. NB, the progress/extent of the healing/scabbing of these, (? perhaps the more/most serious of his), wounds.
Such, of course, may be accelerated with prudent and *immediate* first aid if one receives injuries of this type: gentle cleaning, H2O2 application, Bacitracin-type ointment, and periodic clean bandaging (Recall: *Finger nails are very yucky weapons*). (Read; "infectious").
[Srcsm button: ON] But, I must concede, such knowledge and the requisite materials would have been unfamiliar to Barry, having only just recently joined a volunteer fire/rescue brigade. [Srcsm button: OFF] Everything preceding scrsm: OMO
These scratches might also have been a reason, to change his shirt frequently? Perhaps there were stains of wound secretion on his sleeve?

That is an expensive bike for a novice.

Barry probably bought it for Suzanne under some illusion/delusion that money literally buys everything you want in life, including people and once he's bought those people they will always be his. Until he buries them of course. Like he buries unwanted furniture and belongings.

Jmo

Here's something I have been wondering about.

Did something go wrong with BMs's murder plan? Did he lose control in a rage?

What has troubled me for a while, is BM almost certainly pre meditated this, down to how he disposed of the body. Likely what began as a fantasy (first time killer), became a plan, and then he took specific steps. A time limited opportunity arose that weekend.

But surely it made sense to do the murder late Saturday night while SM was sleeping - to minimise SMs absence from planet earth. BM can then leave early, and his plan works much better.

Instead he apparently storms up the driveway and goes into full attack mode.

Was he in a rage? Was he hoping to catch SM out?

Just seems strange to me that he is out getting maintenance done on the bobcat, then storms back home to chase SM round the house. I have the feeling he lost control somehow. What happened?

Wow, what a difference. The scratches are on his left bicep, Suzanne was right-handed.
I can imagine, BM sedated Suzanne with his dart gun (like deer before), took her alive to a cliff (don't know, which vehicle he used), stood somewhere with her in a last faked hug near the abyss (her back to the abyss) and then pushed her. She tried to hold on to him for that second (her right hand on his left bicep) and scratched him, while backward falling down to her death.
IF he did the murder in this manner, he hadn't to see her dead and all the better is able to live with her "absence". IMO MOO

Would it be possible? Which level was searched for her?

Here's something I have been wondering about.

Did something go wrong with BMs's murder plan? Did he lose control in a rage?

What has troubled me for a while, is BM almost certainly pre meditated this, down to how he disposed of the body. Likely what began as a fantasy (first time killer), became a plan, and then he took specific steps. A time limited opportunity arose that weekend.

But surely it made sense to do the murder late Saturday night while SM was sleeping - to minimise SMs absence from planet earth. BM can then leave early, and his plan works much better.

Instead he apparently storms up the driveway and goes into full attack mode.

Was he in a rage? Was he hoping to catch SM out?

Just seems strange to me that he is out getting maintenance done on the bobcat, then storms back home to chase SM round the house. I have the feeling he lost control somehow. What happened?

I don't think so. Barry was on a schedule. He'd spent since Wednesday laying out his kill schedule and alibi.

It's weird. He seems to have known just exactly how to not leave any blood or DNA evidence and how to disappear the body.

But he couldn't seem to figure out how he was going to stage it. Like there are at least three possible (painfully half-a55ed) scenarios in play:

1. She ran off to Ecuador ahead of her lover, Jeff. She took her phone and charger, but not her wallet or passport. But she stole $70,000 cash out of his safe!

2. Kidnapped by crazed sex-offenders. They snatched her off of her bike on CR 255 (where she doesn't ride) and tossed her helmet out of the window across a lane of traffic at 8 am. Her Camelbak (water bottle) and sunglasses somehow got tossed all the way back into her car at the residence along with her ID.

3. Eaten by the stealthiest mountain lion no one has ever seen. This cat is a freaking ninja! He snatches a woman off of a bike without a single spattering of blood ANYWHERE! Ninja Mountain Lion Bobcat Hybrids bent on world domination! Not a thread of clothing! Not a single cast off as inedible biking shoe! Her helmet is in perfect condition. Be afraid, Colorado! These cats are coming for their habitats back!

I don't think so. Barry was on a schedule. He'd spent since Wednesday laying out his kill schedule and alibi.

It's weird. He seems to have known just exactly how to not leave any blood or DNA evidence and how to disappear the body.

But he couldn't seem to figure out how he was going to stage it. Like there are at least three possible (painfully half-a55ed) scenarios in play:

1. She ran off to Ecuador ahead of her lover, Jeff. She took her phone and charger, but not her wallet or passport. But she stole $70,000 cash out of his safe!

2. Kidnapped by crazed sex-offenders. They snatched her off of her bike on CR 255 (where she doesn't ride) and tossed her helmet out of the window across a lane of traffic at 8 am. Her Camelbak (water bottle) and sunglasses somehow got tossed all the way back into her car at the residence along with her ID.

3. Eaten by the stealthiest mountain lion no one has ever seen. This cat is a freaking ninja! He snatches a woman off of a bike without a single spattering of blood ANYWHERE! Ninja Mountain Lion Bobcat Hybrids bent on world domination! Not a thread of clothing! Not a single cast off as inedible biking shoe! Her helmet is in perfect condition. Be afraid, Colorado! These cats are coming for their habitats back!

:D:D:D ninja mountain lion hybrid

ebm

Last edited:
What would be Barry's motivation to send 24 friend requests from Suzanne's Facebook account? It really makes no sense to me. What would he hope to accomplish by doing this?
But, what would be Suzanne’s motivation? Those interviewed who received friend requests, ostensibly from Suzanne, say she would never friend them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper