Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When We Wish Upon a Star?
....If dreams came true, I would dream that Dan May would prosecute this case....
@Love Never Fails sbm

If dreams came true, I would dream that Krystal Kenny's (hypo) twin sister would appear as witness for the state and testify that she & BM took chapters out of Frazee's playbook.;)
But not holding my breath.

Page 44/129 of the Arrest Affidavit contains DNA results. I reformatted it for easier viewing for myself. I've pasted it below FWIW. Also, note the glove box data is not in the list as that was only brought up by the defense at the PH.

Of note, no workable DNA was recovered from the Bobcat blade, the PNUE-DART box or the dryer.

On August 31, 2020, SA Grusing reviewed the Lab results with CBI Lab Forensic Scientist Caitlin Rogers to discuss results relevant to this affidavit. The following items were noted:

Bike seat:

The DNA on the bicycle seat (Item 5.1) included a mixture of four people:

1. Suzanne - primary contributor
2. Barry
3. one of the responding CCSO personnel (Carricato)
4. unknown male

*** This mixture is at least 12 decillion (10"33) times more likely to be observed if it originated from Barry MORPHEW, CARRICATO, Suzanne MORPHEW, and an unknown, unrelated individual than if it originated from Suzanne MORPHEW and three unknown, unrelated individuals [very strong support].

Bike Grips:

The DNA on the bicycle grips (Item 6.1) included a DNA mixture of four people:

2. Sgt. Mullenax - primary contributor
3. Unknown person
4. Unknown person

Barry was excluded as a contributor.

Bike brakes & handlebars:

The DNA on the bicycle brakes and handlebars (Item 7 .1) included a mixture of four people:

2. Deputy Brown - primary contributor
3. Deputy Himschoot - primary contributor.
4. Unknown person

Suzanne’s car
Front driver door:

The front driver door (Item 25 .1) of the 2015 white Land Rover (license plate CSU58 l) was tested and the DNA was consistent with samples from Barry and Suzanne.

<redacted> and <redacted> were excluded.

Needle sheath/dart cap cover from dryer:

A plastic hypodermic cover (Item 41), collected from the dryer, was tested by CBI for DNA. A low-level partial DNA mixture of two people was recovered, with Suzanne and <redacted> being possible contributors.

Dart parts from box in garage:

A dart needle (Item 44.1), collected by CCSO, submitted as "dart from box in garage," was swabbed and a partial DNA profile was developed, with Barry included as the contributor with "moderate" support.

The dart body (Item 44.2), collected by CCSO, submitted as "dart from box in garage" was swabbed and a low-level DNA profile referenced that <REDACTED> could have been a contributor.

Bike Helmet:

The interior cushions of the helmet (Item 49.2) were tested for DNA and a partial profile was developed. The mixture was more likely to involve Barry and Suzanne that coming from anyone else by a factor of 6.2 times.

So when Barry took Suzanne's bike out of her vehicle at her request (according to Barry) he did it by only touching the seat of the bike, hmmmm, is that possible?

ebm
ebm again

So when Barry took Suzanne's bike out of her vehicle at her request, he did it by only touching the seat of the bike, hmmmm, is that possible?

ebm
Good question, but when I take my bike off my car I grab the seat with my right hand and the bike frame with my left hand not the handlebars or tires. They may not have tested the frame.

^^bbm

Personally -- I supported DA Stanley qualifying her response during the PE episode on what she said and did not say about the case with the exception of confirming the staredown with BM in the courtroom which was brought up by the host and not Stanley. I agree that this seemed more about the YT audience since there did not appear to be any mention about the presser the prosecution team gave to Fox21 (LS) following the PH. MOO
And what about the defense "Intent to Sue" letter that they gave to the media? Is the gag order only on the prosecution?

So when Barry took Suzanne's bike out of her vehicle at her request (according to Barry) he did it by only touching the seat of the bike, hmmmm, is that possible?

ebm
ebm again
I thought the same thing! Doesn't seem possible to just grab the seat and yank it out of the car without touching handle bars or something else. Seems like he had to have wiped it down or something. Then, when he arrived on scene, back from Broomfield, he quickly went over to the bike and touched it. Seems like he realized it would be weird to not have any of his DNA on the bike.

ETA: He needed to have some DNA on the bike as he had already told neighbor JR that he had pulled the bike out of the car.

From May 13 interview with BM -
Page 21/129:
In regards to the call(s) to Jeanne Ritter, he stated, "She calls me and says, "Hey, her car is here."
And I said, "Well, is her bike there?" She goes, "Where does she keep the bike?" And I said, "Well, I pulled out (sic) her car. It should be right near the car."

Last edited:
^^bbm

Personally -- I supported DA Stanley qualifying her response during the PE episode on what she said and did not say about the case with the exception of confirming the staredown with BM in the courtroom which was brought up by the host and not Stanley. I agree that this seemed more about the YT audience since there did not appear to be any mention about the presser the prosecution team gave to Fox21 (LS) following the PH. MOO
I have to agree. When Mike brought up the stare down, she beamed with delight. That’s the only thing I thought was inappropriate. I would be happier if she would beam and stare him down AFTER she wins a conviction. Until then, it doesn’t matter.

Good question, but when I take my bike off my car I grab the seat with my right hand and the bike frame with my left hand not the handlebars or tires. They may not have tested the frame.

I'd like to think they did, wishful thinking maybe :)
But his DNA on seat only does correspond with the 'ghost riding' suggestion?

^^bbm

https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1486072267679301632?s=21
Judge Lama has also ruled that the 11th Judicial District Attorneys Office violated the pre-trial publicity order on multiple occasions appearing on podcasts, making statements to the media, and YouTube. We do not know what the sanctions will be, if any. @FOX21News

Another note- the judge granted a motion to our CBS national friends that will make several pieces of evidence like body cam video, from the prelim available to the public. Once I get more info on when and what that means for us in terms of using it I'll update!

Sounds like they’re working to make that evidence public to everyone. Courts tell me they will not have it available today but they’re working on it. #BarryMorphew @KKTV11News

https://twitter.com/ashleykktv/status/1486083009770143751?s=21

Or you may not have shed any quality DNA on the frame at the exact moment.

"We know that some people pass on more of their DNA because when they touch something more of their cells are left behind," says Professor Linacre, Chair of Forensic DNA Technology at Flinders University. "They are called shedders but it's very difficult at the moment to see who is a shedder," he says.

https://phys.org/news/2018-10-individuals-likeliest-dna-crime-scenes.html

https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1486082390288224256?s=21
Martin Ritter, the neighbor who first alerted authorities of #SuzanneMorphew missing took the stand. He said he fears #BarryMorphew after reading the AA & witnessing his actions. Ritters put in a new security system when Morphew was released from jail & living nearby.

https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1486082929428213763?s=21
Det. Robin Burgess with CCSO testified about how initially the partial DNA match from #SuzanneMorphews glove box connected to an unknown sexual assault suspect in Tempe, AZ wasn't followed up as he had hoped but has since.

https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1486084539269238786?s=21
BarryMorphew defense also brought up DNA of an unknown male that was found on a step in the house and next to a bed. We are on lunch and more motions will be discussed this afternoon. I'll have a recap of the court proceedings today at 5 p.m.

So now BM is allowed to visit his attorneys in Denver Metro, the ankle monitor maintenance elsewhere, and his daughters located in Gunnison County. I don't know that Gunnison will be so kind to respect their privacy-- I see more DM photos coming soon.
The only thing Daily Mail has going for them....incredible photos. :cool:

https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1486082390288224256?s=21
Martin Ritter, the neighbor who first alerted authorities of #SuzanneMorphew missing took the stand. He said he fears #BarryMorphew after reading the AA & witnessing his actions. Ritters put in a new security system when Morphew was released from jail & living nearby.

https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1486082929428213763?s=21
Det. Robin Burgess with CCSO testified about how initially the partial DNA match from #SuzanneMorphews glove box connected to an unknown sexual assault suspect in Tempe, AZ wasn't followed up as he had hoped but has since.

https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1486084539269238786?s=21
BarryMorphew defense also brought up DNA of an unknown male that was found on a step in the house and next to a bed. We are on lunch and more motions will be discussed this afternoon. I'll have a recap of the court proceedings today at 5 p.m.
I recall the defense making it seem like the Ritters didn't fear Barry, and the prosecution was making it up.

Liars.

That's got to be unbelievably scary for them.

I recall the defense making it seem like the Ritters didn't fear Barry, and the prosecution was making it up.

Liars.

October 13 , 2021 Hearing:

https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1448406298756726789?s=21
BarryMorphews defense asked Mrs. Ritter today if they were afraid of him and she said no. The Ritters are on the no-contact list and live near where Morphew was staying where no GPS was being detected on his ankle-monitor in Maysville.

Liars.

They did, I believe it was in the same motion they filed saying Barry morphew has never slept at SD house which was also a lie. This motion came after he was granted bail I will look for link.

Liars.

According to LS recap last night -- the defense alleged one of the Ritters was sending BM texts with hug emoji in support of their claim that the DA's office was promoting fear of BM. MOO

ETA: In all fairness to the defense, I think it very much possible one of the Ritter's is fearful of BM and the other is not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot