Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #91

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't imagine much of the character stuff will come in, as a lot of it is unrelated to the crime itself.

Barry being a conman.

That beyond creepy dinner discussion about his daughter.

Groping and kissing Holly while eluding to further sexual contact.

Barry creeping out Suzanne's masseuse.

Those *advertiser censored* searches.

Showing that he's a horrible person doesn't prove he is a murderer.

Do you think these things could come into play though based on his own statements saying he wasn't searching for xyz and he wasn't cheating, he claimed he had a perfect marriage, no reason to divorce, then it all unraveled and we see he was the exact opposite of his statements. So maybe not so much to show he was a creep, but to show he lied about a lot of things and use his own statements as point one and then actual evidence of the opposite as point 2.. like these are not the same and he lied about this and this, then he has a history of lying to suit himself.

Do you think these things could come into play though based on his own statements saying he wasn't searching for xyz and he wasn't cheating, he claimed he had a perfect marriage, no reason to divorce, then it all unraveled and we see he was the exact opposite of his statements. So maybe not so much to show he was a creep, but to show he lied about a lot of things and use his own statements as point one and then actual evidence of the opposite as point 2.. like these are not the same and he lied about this and this, then he has a history of lying to suit himself.
I think there are plenty of way more effective ways to show he lied through his teeth, and that their marriage was on the rocks.

You have the spy pen, Suzanne's notes, SO, etc.

All that other stuff adds color, but it's just too inflammatory to be allowed I'm guessing.

@NoSI is heading home, but here's a brief update from court today:

Next hearing on the 10th at 9:30.

No ruling today, but defense is once again pushing their insane demands dating back to early on (dismiss murder 1, replace with murder 2. Or if not done, dismiss all other charges except murder). Classic Iris.

Lauren is going to try and do a YouTube live tonight if she gets home at a reasonable time (weather).

EBM to add that my screenshots are out of order. It’s one quote, so read right to left!

I’m not mad about the change of venue. I don’t think it’s that big of a deal, but maybe that’s because I’m ignorant of how it affects either side. Lol.
Here are my crazy ramblings on looking at the Judge’s Order granting it and his reasons.

To file a Motion for Change of Venue you must attach an affidavit supporting it, which the Defense did. It was apparently written by one AJ. Quick Google shows she is a process server/Investigator in Salida.
The Judge mentions her and her “ opinions “ throughout his Order.

See the attached screenshots for the opinions he agreed with.

That neighbor and former friend MR’s “ attitude” changed after he read the Arrest Affidavit . ( The AA was not released to the public until a month after the Preliminary when the Judge found probable cause to bind over to trial).

That the “ suspicious and curious community “ suddenly changed their opinion about BM after he was arrested because they “ decided that DA Stanley would not have arrested him unless he was guilty “.

And since the August preliminary “ the talk of the community is that BM murdered his wife”

How is all this to be blamed on “ publicity “ ?

It sounds more like people basing their opinions on the FACTS they learned.

Also, MR testified that it wasn’t just reading the AA that changed his mind. It was also looking back at BM’s actions he observed in the first weeks of SM being missing.

Ok, off my soapbox.
JMO IMHO

Attachments

• F9196C21-FFA0-4D32-8E60-66C95F8B03B6.jpeg
    F9196C21-FFA0-4D32-8E60-66C95F8B03B6.jpeg
    51.8 KB · Views: 41
  • C8914FB0-C6D3-4287-BE48-185B91C2F845.jpeg
    C8914FB0-C6D3-4287-BE48-185B91C2F845.jpeg
    59 KB · Views: 37
@NoSI is heading home, but here's a brief update from court today:

Next hearing on the 10th at 9:30.

No ruling today, but defense is once again pushing their insane demands dating back to early on (dismiss murder 1, replace with murder 2. Or if not done, dismiss all other charges except murder). Classic Iris.

Lauren is going to try and do a YouTube live tonight if she gets home at a reasonable time (weather).
Thanks, @NoSI c/o @MassGuy!!

Gotta love hurricane Iris --going for gold at every rally. I'm convinced she has a billing line item that reads "classic iris" where she gets to charge a flat $10K everytime she asks the court to reduce charges and/or bond!

Yes. On his May 13 interview he kept asking why he had not been cleared.

Law enforcement finds the bike, just accepts his alibi, and he's in the clear.

Wrong!
They’re always shocked when LE doesn’t just pat them on the back and tell them, “We know you’re a good guy. We’ll leave you alone to mourn your loss.”

SR makes a good point - Fremont County's population includes a large number of people who work for the many state and federal correctional institutions located in and near Canon City. BM can't be happy about the judge's new venue. My speculation is that he'll want the judge to reconsider and move the trial to a larger city outside the Fox21 broadcast area.

One more observation on the Skidster data. It was never started again at his house. The last activity was at the place he was getting the blade replaced. Wouldn't you need to start it to get it off the trailer? It was off the trailer at the house and parked beside it if I recall. It wasn't left on the trailer?

Like driving a smoker in BMs truck would even be noticable in the condition it was in.
I wonder who shoveled that garage out when he moved. No way he took that crappo with.
Either he's an awful lucky guy or he was a man on a mission. moo
Speaking of the garage, that safe or whatever it was that he kept his beloved guns in was a mess! I would have thought he’d treat his weapons a little more carefully.

Right out of the gate, Barry says lion.

So ridiculous, the officer, instead says, yes, it (the bike) was lyinG......

But Barry, corrects him. No, liON. Mountain lion.

And really, who doesn't go there? Your family member is missing. Who doesn't immediately think she was attacked by a mountain lion, dragged up the mountain, clawed and chewed to death? No, really. Why hold out hope she's going to found, unharmed?

Wow. Just wow.

JMO

This family is all about appearances. What's disturbing is their inability to see how inappropriate the staging is.
The appearances they put forth seem contrived. There is a studied flamboyance about the arrivals and departures for the media. I wonder if there is a pre-game huddle? Forgive me, but I can't help but view the special coffees/beverages that are always in hand are an attempt at nonchalant accessorizing. As in,
this is no big deal. I cannot fathom going blythly through a Starbuck's drive through for a fancy coffee on the way to a personal life or death bull fight. One has to give credit for the bravado! IMO.

The appearances they put forth seem contrived. There is a studied flamboyance about the arrivals and departures for the media. I wonder if there is a pre-game huddle? Forgive me, but I can't help but view the special coffees/beverages that are always in hand are an attempt at nonchalant accessorizing. As in,
this is no big deal. I cannot fathom going blythly through a Starbuck's drive through for a fancy coffee on the way to a personal life or death bull fight. One has to give credit for the bravado! IMO.

Nope.

Right out of the gate, Barry says lion.

So ridiculous, the officer, instead says, yes, it (the bike) was lyinG......

But Barry, corrects him. No, liON. Mountain lion.

And really, who doesn't go there? Your family member is missing. Who doesn't immediately think she was attacked by a mountain lion, dragged up the mountain, clawed and chewed to death? No, really. Why hold out hope she's going to found, unharmed?

Wow. Just wow.

JMO
And within a few minutes of that conversation he asked? ..."Did anybody look for foot tracks?" The officers aren't sure exactly what he means...they make comments to the effect... people prints? It's not like we are excellent trackers." He's determined to drag in a cat. We also learned early on Barry repeated over and over that an officer said he saw a cat in the area earlier, he told Andy that story, another Barry lie IMO. It's all here on the police body cams. Barry is the only one with the cat fixation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member