Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #92

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone tell what object Barry has in his left hand in the video when entering the house and subsequently? He doesn't appear to have anything in either hand in the initial video taken on his arrival and when waving his hands around outside of the truck. Just curious.
Initially, I thought it was his phone but he never sets it down and from a different angle when leaving the house it appears more like a handheld radio. (Could also be his phone/charger connected).

Can anyone tell what object Barry has in his left hand in the video when entering the house and subsequently? He doesn't appear to have anything in either hand in the initial video taken on his arrival and when waving his hands around outside of the truck. Just curious.
I think sunglasses with a neck cord.

Initially, I thought it was his phone but he never sets it down and from a different angle when leaving the house it appears more like a handheld radio. (Could also be his phone/charger connected).
It does look like a radio. My husband has 2 pair of them for hunting and they have a little antenna on top.
Perhaps his Army buddy has the other one.

JMO

Attachments

• 0D68A813-B32D-4B12-94BE-DC999618201E.jpeg
    0D68A813-B32D-4B12-94BE-DC999618201E.jpeg
    527.9 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
An Accomplice (?)

MOO IMO

**Sorry for the long post! Pure speculation for consideration so please skip the read if you’re not feeling it or if this has been discussed in length here before**

I’ve been wondering…if we were to insert a BM accomplice into the timeline, especially during Fri 5/8 - Sun 5/10, would some of BM’s puzzling actions that MD weekend make more sense?

The obvious focus has been on BM (and he being a True Crime junkie plus a dose of universal common sense, makes it certain he knew it would be the minute LE got involved). What if during this timeframe he had a partner helping him carry out SM’s disappearance in order to minimize BM’s involvement by staging and deflecting direct incriminating actions?

I have a hard time giving BM any credit for accomplishing the disappearance (and planning) of his wife ALL BY HIMSELF just based on the profile his family, friends, acquaintances, former coworkers and LE have painted. IMO, It would be nearly improbable for his personality type to conjur up such an elaborate scheme without having the guidance, assistance or encouragement of someone he felt he could trust and who would validate his methodology along the process. You know, his +1 for checks and balances.

I just can’t see a BM-type suddenly going solo on such a mission, keeping all the details to himself and especially not boasting about it afterwards. I feel he would have to bounce off his ideas, approach and tactics with SOMEONE in order to feel emboldened and justified to see it through. Especially considering he puts a lot of weight on appearances and opinions from others and how they perceive him. He requires social praise.

It seems by all accounts that not only does he not ever seem to spend time alone because he is always in motion, sociable and scurried, but he always has someone by his side or assisting him in his bidding. I have a brother who admittedly is this way and prefers not to be alone. He has to always have someone with him for the companionship at minimum or he feels unleashed and anxious. BM reminds me of him in that way.

So if we hypothetically insert an accomplice that was lurking, running errands and assisting BM, could it better explain some of the following areas in this saga:

*The many events (closing and opening of doors for example) recorded by Telematics on BM’s truck - (an indicator that his accomplice was with him at the house that Sat afternoon into Sun morning)

*Communicating with burner phones - (It seems likely BM had one)

*Transporting SM in another (accomplice’s) vehicle

*Texting back and fourth on behalf of SM to setup a confusing narrative

*Possible staging of home and SM’s RR

*The disposal of evidence not taken or dumped in Broomfield - (an accomplice could have gotten rid of the missing towel, coolers, diary, phone, etc)

*The footprint on the Bobcat

*The DNA in the car

*The sound of machinery late at night at the river

*MG hearing BM’s truck outside her apartment

*The missing $70k according to BM- (possible payment to the accomplice)

Other factors that have me considering an accomplice:

*Immunity - BM asking about immunity not only points to guilt of a nefarious action but it tells me he has a story to tell about SOMEONE ELSE that is involved besides himself. Immunity is typically given in exchange for information on someone else, is it not?

*Broomfield cameras - BM KNEW he was being recorded once he got to the HIE. He had to have known all the other cameras within the city would be capturing his movements too. IMO, he put on a purposeful display of making trash runs, especially at the HIE. He was completely out in the open and even brazingly put some on a curb and took his time to dispose of it; toyed with it. Almost seems like he wanted to be on camera. He certainly wasn’t hiding his attempts of dumping trash. IMO this part of his plan was to inflict confusion and deflection away from what his accomplice may have been doing that morning on his behalf. He wanted the focus to be on him and was prepared (rehearsed) to explain it all when questioned.

*His many interviews with LE and no attorney - (again, if he didn’t do ALL of the dirty work, his arrogance gave him the confidence to answer LE questions without feeling he would be found guilty of any wrongdoing that could be explained away)

As for who could have served the role of accomplice? Well, let’s look at some of the known players that were within proximity of PP on 5/9 & 5/10 and were seemingly loyal or supportive of BM at the time, but are now detached, out of state or have a cloud of suspicion over them:

-MG

-TN

-GD

-CC

-SD (assuming they knew each other then)

-SD ex-fiance

I also feel that his accomplice may have been at the house by 2:11pm on 5/9. IIRC, SM didn’t respond to anyone after this time. Her last message to JL at that time was she was on WhatsApp, but I don’t know if it’s known if they communicated there. Some have mentioned she could have been sending nudes to JL on WA after this time or that she got into the shower after sunbathing.

BM doesn’t arrive home until another 30 minutes or so and is not getting a response from SM between 2:11pm and his arrival to PP. I wonder if an accomplice could have been in the house at that time and started to incapacitate/restrain SM somehow before BM got there to finish or continue the plan.

I know this theory doesn’t account for or fit into all actions and instances that MD weekend. The actual facts in this case likely will poke many holes in it, but it’s a consideration I’ve been pondering that I would love to hear the feedback on by all the sluethers here that may find some stock in it.

MOO IMO
Addition:
SD's daughter
SD's daughter's boyfriend

perhaps???

Barry's Top Priority 1: Hiding the body where it would not be discovered is the goal. He held ample opps to murder by having Suzanne isolated in a quaint town surrounded by mountains;
Barry's Motive: Money, Freedom

Barry had to avoid stout odors and strong foul odors that attracted turkey vultures.

Barry, as much as possible, had to avoid cadaverine. I agree the hot tub could serve this purpose and explains the photo in the PH of his swim trunks.

Caderine is on the Bobcat, according to 3 necro bloodhounds. For AM searches, the dogs really showed out and alerted on several areas. It's the reason the concrete foundation at the beach site was dug up and inspected by CS Forensics.

Barry must dump a camo jacket and work boots for a reason and a purpose. I do believe he used the tree that came out of the plant container that he tossed at the HIE.

Stop reading here if you are sensitive to gruesome subjects. This is a possibility for the burial.

How long does it take to dissolve a human body?

**Fair Warning ** Sensitive Subject Follows**

* Scroll and Roll *

How would Barry transport an oil drum with Suzanne inside? Simple. The oil drum's already in place in the hole Barry buried underground a while back. Waiting. It's been there in the ground all along. He's already got the abrasive chemicals stirred and waiting on the inside. Before he leaves, he replaces the lid, rakes some leaves around the freshly planted tree [a Pinion?] with Suzanne under it.

Solitarily, Barry walks back up to the house. Maybe took a quick dip in the AR River for a minute in the backyard. Then, hits the hot tub. Worried if he's on the predetermined schedule of events once the opportunity presented itself but he can forget the lion theory. A poster stated there's been 2 lion attacks in like 4 decades. Astronomical odds against chances of that happening. Suzanne wanted to live without Barry and love her girls. She had the other half of her life to live.

It appears likely that on foot, while wearing those heavy work boots, that get tossed later on a trash run, Barry takes Suzanne, removes her, from the house to her final landing place, in the ground, secreted inside an oil drum, possibly, that's been carefully covered with naturally organic earth. Pristine, as Ron Logan would say.

Barry had a firearm with a scope plus a loaded dart. Suzanne had enough strength to barely scrape his skin on his left arm with her nails. LEO documents his hands but his business and land searches could have produced those marks but not the nail scrapes near the crook of his lt arm. Those defensive scratches on his left arm are Suzanne's last expression of desperation that he would stop.

moo this evening

IMO the scenario you presented in the last 4 paragraphs of your summary could be successfully implemented.

I think if a tranquilizer dart was used, there is a good chance it was manually injected though. Still on the fence about that...

Before BM showed up at the bike site at 8:42 he had been informed by CCSO Dispatch about the bike being found.
His only question was “ Did you find the phone?”

Not “ is she okay? “
Not HER phone, THE phone.
Hmmm….
I wonder IF, when Tyson Draper encountered him all wet coming up from the creek, if he was trying to find “the” phone? Maybe he threw it too far, strong brute that he is :p!

Discovery Produced for Defense. "How Many Pages"?
....there’s gotta be much more! Surely the DA did not reveal ALL in the AA :). Does anyone remember how many pages of discovery were handed over to the Defense?
@susiQ sbm. Good question. I can't recall but interpret claims from both sides this way:
- State says the number of pages they've produced to def. is equivalent to the U.S. Library of Congress. :rolleyes:
- Defense says, all the discovery they've received to date could fit onto three postcards. :rolleyes:
Oops, j/k.;)

Personally I believe it's somewhere in between. my2ct.

Last edited:
Hmmm….
I wonder IF, when Tyson Draper encountered him all wet coming up from the creek, if he was trying to find “the” phone? Maybe he threw it too far, strong brute that he is :p!
Page 79 of 129 AA
March 5, 2021 interview

Attachments

• AA36437E-06CF-414D-8E4F-39CFBD67B97A.jpeg
    AA36437E-06CF-414D-8E4F-39CFBD67B97A.jpeg
    38.3 KB · Views: 56
Discovery Produced for Defense. "How Many Pages"?
@susiQ sbm. Good question. I can't recall but interpret claims from both sides this way:
- State says the number of pages they've produced to def. is equivalent to the U.S. Library of Congress. :rolleyes:
- Defense says, all the discovery they've received to date could fit onto three postcards. :rolleyes:
Oops, j/k.;)

Personally I believe it's somewhere in between. my2ct.
BBM: Jeez! Unreal!

Before BM showed up at the bike site at 8:42 he had been informed by CCSO Dispatch about the bike being found.
His only question was “ Did you find the phone?”

Not “ is she okay? “
Not HER phone, THE phone.
I seriously want to spell check petals so bad!
BM must have eye issues. Where is this "baby blue" he talks of.;)

During all of his many interviews whenever the subject of SM’s phone came up, it seems like BM keeps insisting that he thinks LE found the phone and he’s thought that from the very beginning.

Does he really think that or is he fishing? As time goes on he seems to think that Grusing is his buddy and will be forthcoming with him.

This part really confused me ( see screenshots).

A, How did the FBI know that BM was texting SM’s phone but not know the content of the texts ?

B. Is BM doing this texting to make himself look good, like a concerned husband? Or because, like I said ., if he really thinks they have her phone then they will bring it up to him?
Maybe both?

Also noticed he only texted her phone until October.
He said he “ first laid eyes on someone at the dumpster in October.”

Just more crazy ramblings.

Attachments

• D33CE423-164C-40DC-A576-B2860028A113.jpeg
    D33CE423-164C-40DC-A576-B2860028A113.jpeg
    26.7 KB · Views: 30
  • B51331FC-8FE5-46F9-9BB1-2F0CA46FA1A5.jpeg
    B51331FC-8FE5-46F9-9BB1-2F0CA46FA1A5.jpeg
    150.3 KB · Views: 29
In reporter LS video, she says BM & SM went to Safeway grocery store and Moonlight Pizza on Friday. I doubt Safeway would have pool chemicals but I suppose it's possible.

They drove in separate vehicles after the pizza pickup. From page 34/129:
View attachment 332482
So it looks like he was headed home before her in his vehicle. But, of course, that doesn't mean he stayed there.

Also, I don't think that LE believe he was staying at the house Wednesday or Friday night.
Page 117/129:
View attachment 332483

Ahh okay! It's all just bizarre! He wanted her to come see the work he was doing out at the job on 105, but then they didn't meet there, they met at the Tailwinds job and went together to safeway and to the pizza place?? They couldn't dine in because of covid so they sat in her car and ate?? Then went back to his truck and both drove home separate? This is all when she didn't want to be alone with him.

What did he say to get her to come meet him and go have pizza together?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member