Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #92

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
To me it looks like his phone and perhaps a car charger for the phone? Or a cable to sync his phone to the truck speakers?
I don’t know if they had told him that his truck was being seized or not at this point. If they had, I can see him grabbing the charger.
jmo

I was wondering if it was a radio/scanner thingy, thought there was somewhere were he and GD were communicating via one. Wasn't he given one, provided by FD as he was volunteer?

Moo

You are right on your data, but my original post is about May 12th.

This is the post I was responding to. BBM.

This is an old post from @OldCop

Its an excellent summary of events:

"May 12th

This is as I recall it also, @10ofRods. This was Tuesday, May12th, 2 days after SM disappeared. It was a very busy day for BM. I believe that this was the day he completely realized that he may actually be a suspect in her disappearance. He knew that LE was not buying his story. He needed to make sure he covered all bases.

AM was in town and he participated in a search with some of BM’s friends. BM put himself in a separate search group.

He also sent TN and GD over to see MG and remind her she didn’t have to turn over her phone or talk to LE and that he wasn’t going to pay her because it would like hush hush money.

Then BM slipped away from everyone and went rummaging through the trash at the Poncha Market and he was caught red handed.

My theory has been that he dumped SM’s phone in that trash can on his way out of town on Sunday morning after disabling it. He never thought that LE would doubt his story. He never thought that LE would be examining his movements on Sunday morning.

Now he is nervous. What if he was captured on tape dumping that phone? He just had to go back and make sure it was not still in the trash. He thought the Market was closed. (Actually it was, but the employees were still inside.) When questioned he was so flustered he couldn’t even come up with a description of his missing wife.
Did he find what he was looking for on Tuesday evening or did he go back later?"

Y'all are killing me. There isn't a bunch of dirt or rock on the trailer. I don't know who started it, but it's not a thing. You can see the Bobcat and trailer exactly as Barry left them on the 9th right here:

Thanks for posting. In my opinion The hardscaping is terrible, and the cement path leading from the garage to the house looks as crooked as the wall.

Me too, and the pizza place. It was takeout only, maybe even curbside. Someone could've mistaken Shoshona for Suzanne OR it could've been anyone who sent that pic of Barry to the girls.

Shosona in no way resembles SM, It is not an unknown defense for a person who is having an affair to try and pull that weak line.

Last edited:
I'm going to ask you again to look at the my case map screencap in the post the above reply was to. The yellow squiggly lines are ATV trails. There are three abandoned mines up that trail and they are marked on the Google Earth map.

OK - i get it.

I am not sure my wildlife cameras would trigger that far, but it would not be worth risking!

The prosecutors appear to be laying all of their physical evidence on one dart cap found in the dryer. If one commits murder, it is unlikely that the first thing on their mind would be doing laundry. They most likely would bag up any clothes for disposal to hide any possible evidence.

Last edited:
We believe he pulled a fuse under the dash that disabled the GPS and SYNC features. When that happened the system only recorded GPS coordinates from when the truck went into/out of gear, and only made note of physical interactions between the truck and Barry, doors opening/closing, various lights coming on and off. I suspect if he had adjusted a power mirror it would have been noted as well. In theory, it should note when the blinker is used, but we don't really know if Barry is the kind of guy that never uses the blinker or not.

There are no truck telematics from the time he left the house until he gets out of the truck at the RTD bus stop. I don't know if/when he put the fuse back in, but it can't be before he brings the tools into the HIE. I think he had to have gotten it back in before he got back to Maysville though, or forensics would have noted it as the cause of the power removal event.

From the AA

17:33:32 (Telematics) From “(UI) Events” “Power Removed” action occurred (UI)

Yes I remember we looked at this before.

My understanding was this would disable GPS and stop the data sync to the cloud

However the system should still be logging everything else locally as that is core OS of the truck and can't be disabled as far as I can see?

So for the truck to "move" there still needs to be ignition on, and various mph/mpg things logged, even if not synced.

It's so hard to answer some of these questions because we only have the telematics they included in the AA which were most relevant to their argument and not the full exhibit.

e.g my feeling is the Elk run telematics must exist even if they have no GPS - but likely this would take quite a bit of analysis to put together, which was beyond scope at the PH

Ditto, telematics for the "move" to go and buy spa products in the late afternoon don't exist, because he never did it.

I know I’m harping on about this but I’m stuck thinking about it now.
Has the HIE Broomfield got a record of the time BM requested an early checkin time on May 10th ? Sometime after 2.30pm on May 9th I’m speculating...

Attachments

• 796E2234-DB92-4E77-BE6A-486FA30879C7.png
    796E2234-DB92-4E77-BE6A-486FA30879C7.png
    346 KB · Views: 22
Yes May 10th early am. Sorry. He's got roughly two minutes from the camera at the Shell station until he shows up on the next camera on 285.

ETA: Something did connect for the last time on the 12th though.

(Possible Second Device for Barry)
On June 11, 2020, your affiant received information from FBI SA Grusing and Computer Scientist Brian Turner that while reviewing the data from the cell phone extraction of Barry’s iPhoneFrom the AA: (Barry’s Verizon Records) From 5:41PM on Friday, May 8, 2020, through Sunday, May 10,2020, all eleven calls between Barry and Suzanne are outgoing from Barry to Suzanne. Out of 58 voicemails on Barry’s phone, none are from Suzanne. Barry deleted numerous calls between himself and Suzanne from May 4-5, 2020. When asked by FBI Agents in April… Read more, they found a second device, User ID: 2BD073C4-EFD5-413C-92AC-351DD5B43C11, identifier: REDACTED was associated with Barry’s iPhone with an SMS at 03:43:44 PM MST on May 8th, 2020.

This user ID is separate from the primary User ID: D2AAE6DB-8F77-4583-B5D4-B966F3D23F70, identifier: REDACTED

This second device was first used on November 30,2019 and was associated with Barry’s iPhone 91 times since then, compared to 1,701 associations with the primary User ID since November 2019.

Dates this device was associated with Barry’s iPhone since May 5, 2020:

05/05/2020 12:48:34 PM (UTC-6)
05/10/2020 08:47:28 AM (UTC -6)
05110/2020 11:50:52 AM (UTC -6)
05/11/2020 07:54:50 AM (UTC -6)
05/11/2020 08:14:29 AM (UTC -6)
05/11/2020 05:44;42 PM (UTC -6)
05/12/2020 05:58:11 PM (UTC -6)

As of this present date, this second device has not been identified.

Seems extremely odd BM had a secret second device that went dark on the 12th

I cannot wait for the expert testimonies on these aspects of the case

We believe he pulled a fuse under the dash that disabled the GPS and SYNC features. When that happened the system only recorded GPS coordinates from when the truck went into/out of gear, and only made note of physical interactions between the truck and Barry, doors opening/closing, various lights coming on and off. I suspect if he had adjusted a power mirror it would have been noted as well. In theory, it should note when the blinker is used, but we don't really know if Barry is the kind of guy that never uses the blinker or not.

There are no truck telematics from the time he left the house until he gets out of the truck at the RTD bus stop. I don't know if/when he put the fuse back in, but it can't be before he brings the tools into the HIE. I think he had to have gotten it back in before he got back to Maysville though, or forensics would have noted it as the cause of the power removal event.

From the AA

17:33:32 (Telematics) From “(UI) Events” “Power Removed” action occurred (UI)
Who is “We”? Is this a direct quote from the AA?

Ahh okay! It's all just bizarre! He wanted her to come see the work he was doing out at the job on 105, but then they didn't meet there, they met at the Tailwinds job and went together to safeway and to the pizza place?? They couldn't dine in because of covid so they sat in her car and ate?? Then went back to his truck and both drove home separate? This is all when she didn't want to be alone with him.

What did he say to get her to come meet him and go have pizza together?
You can meet an office guy at his office to go get pizza perhaps, but a dirty landscaper husband at/coming from his dirty workplace?? Unusual at least, IMO.

Hmmm….
I wonder IF, when Tyson Draper encountered him all wet coming up from the creek, if he was trying to find “the” phone? Maybe he threw it too far, strong brute that he is :p!

He was hot on the body being in the river/beaver dam theory for a while, maybe because that's where the phone was?

The spa stuff.

Suzanne we now know wanted out, was afraid to be alone with Barry, was placating him and wanted it handled civilly.

It may have been Barry trying to get Suzanne alone with him at a site or in a vehicle. She may have been actively dodging that. Meet you there.

If they got the spa chemicals on Friday night, amid the errands, it could've been Barry who got them. On FRIDAY. between 4 and 5:30. Not "technically" open but open for Barry. Chemicals are then in his truck.

Maybe Suzanne's confusing text wasn't "get spa stuff FROM THE STORE" but "get it from your truck".

I think we need to consider that Barry did get the chemicals, Friday not Saturday, Suzanne was still asking about them on Saturday (because IMO they were purchased but Suzanne/the household didn't have them) and they were EMPTY when LE discovered them.

Was this just routine spa maintenance and unrelated or is there a problem, namely missing chemicals?

JMO

I think Poncha Market was the last trash run. This was the first time that someone approached Barry during one of his dumps. Since the footage was overwritten, we don’t know if he was digging into the receptacle or pushing stuff down like one of the previous stops.
Btw, I started reading the AA again for at least the 10th time. I highly recommend going back to it now that we have additional context with the bodycams. I see new stuff every time I read it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member