Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #93

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't agree with these legal folks who say the acts of domestic violence explain motive. I wonder if they even know the specifics of this case.

The motive is the affair and divorce, and even judge Murphy agreed that those things were triggers:

Judge said finding out that #SuzanneMorphew was having an affair gives him motive. Feeling of hurt, anger, jealousy, and desperation. It could lead someone who is typically normal to act differently like harm someone who has harmed him.

https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1438971183962132482?s=21

Judge said the "I'm done" text means that she was done with the marriage and the "Let's just do this civilly," meaning dissolution of marriage. The text to Jeff Libler said that "these next few days are going to be rough" shows that #SuzanneMorphew wanted out of the marriage.

https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1438972479779770382?s=21
I very much agree with your first statement. I’ll watch Court TV if I want to hear talking heads opine on cases they are not at all familiar with.
JMO

Last edited:
I very much agree with your first statement. I’ll watch Court TV if I want to hear talking heads opine on cases they are not all familiar with.
JMO
Yes! They had a horrible segment in regards to the DNA evidence a couple weeks ago. Basically a bunch of ignorant talking heads all saying that unknown DNA of a sex offender could be problematic.

You think?!

Of course we all know that this was a partial mixed sample in an unrelated vehicle.

On the one hand, Barry is a pathological liar. I don't think that's in dispute.

On the other hand, he's also an idiot. He also appears to like buying things he sees on tv (I'm sure he got the Monex idea from an ad he saw).

There are fraud prevention services also advertised on tv that give you access to a VPN.

So I'm not sure what to make of this, although I do lean towards him purchasing only the VPN (Nord VPN also advertises on channels he would watch).

I just don't see Barry being interested in fraud protection and then purchasing it on his daughter's card.

He seems to have tried to keep the VPN a secret, although I'm not sure if its purpose.

I find it odd it was charged on ____ credit card. If it was a purchase that was on the up and up, why charge it on your daughters card? Curious if he had a habit of purchasing things on a card in her name. I recall somewhere he put assets in the older daughters name. Am I recalling that correctly? Wasn't that an issue Suzanne had with his business dealings or one of the things she thought was him hiding money?

I have had some of the same thoughts about his throw away answers. You just can’t do that when investigators are looking for the spouse and it can and did bite him in the butt

I would agree if you said shouldn’t instead of can’t, but if you have did that sort of thing all your life and the defense find witnesses to testify to it…

IMO

I find it odd it was charged on ____ credit card. If it was a purchase that was on the up and up, why charge it on your daughters card? Curious if he had a habit of purchasing things on a card in her name. I recall somewhere he put assets in the older daughters name. Am I recalling that correctly? Wasn't that an issue Suzanne had with his business dealings or one of the things she thought was him hiding money?
Idk but we do know that Barry asked Gene Moorman to sign over guardianship for the sale of the Indiana property and when he refused Barry asked MM1 to do so which she did.

But if he simply drowned her, we wouldn't have all the stuff about the chlorine smell I don't think. We need to put our heads together and figure out what these chemicals are in SM's front seat. Based upon the texts and her phone data I don't believe for a second that SM was the one who got the chemicals. So why were they in her car? I've tried looking for bottles that look like these but can't seem to find an exact match.

http://www./wp-content/uploads/2022/01/People-Exhibits-Prelim-Hearing_Page_60.png
Clorox Spa 1" Bromine Tablets for Spas and Hot Tubs, 5 lbs? moo

Hi @DBLG
I'm wondering if any of my posts are ones you are referring to?
I ask because I have commented on their demeanor as they walk with their father into the court room.
Not with a goal to damage or hurt, just the opposite actually.
It is common for defense to coach close family to show support for the defendent.
If this is the counsel MM1 and MM2 have received it has set them up for scrutiny within the very harsh environment of social media.
I feel sorry for them that as victimized daughters they may have been assigned a task that may not serve them well.
Public opinion is showing that there seems to be a cognitive dissonance between how they are presenting themselves relative to the gravity of the situation...entering a courtroom for hearings scheduled for the charge of the murder of their mother by the hand of their father.
I too agree none of us know for certain the dynamics between the three of them.
Saddened their mother isn't here to give them the advice that Suzanne would so lovingly do, but therein lies the rub...
I'm glad that you wrote your post even though you felt it might be unpopular.
I really respect that.
I just wanted to reply in case I caused any offense and let you know you gave a point of view that is worth consideration.
Such a wonderful thoughtful post! Thank you.
And @DBLG thank you, too for reminding me that these young women are victims of losing their Mother no matter how it happened. It never hurts to point that out to us and I don’t find your post an unpopular opinion.
I can only speak for myself and I must say that although I have refrained from commenting on the girls until we started seeing the videos of them with BM entering Court in all these hearings and picking him up on his release from jail, I DID feel the need to make an aggressive comment or 2.
I’m guilty of posting that it appeared “ creepy “ and “ cult-like” behavior .
I did not mean to criticize them or judge them.
My aversion was more directed at BM and his Defense team for creating these optics that we all obviously see.
I don’t feel the girls are acting “ naturally “ but instead are over-acting because the Defense wants to make a certain appearance of them and BM.
Which really just further victimizes them IMO.
It’s just too over the top.
Okay, just my 2 cents worth.

I have much empathy for the girls and will continue to pray for them, along with SM’s siblings and friends.

Maybe BM gave his daughter the card to use but he pays the bills. Then he could use her card whenever he wanted to and she would never know he was sharing her card. BM was probably the one who regularly picked up the mail so SM may never see the bills either.

Remember, BM said he was carrying mail into his hotel room. Maybe he picked it up the mail on the way out of town just in case there was something he didn't want anyone to find later. JMO

MOO, but I’ve always thought that the murder had nothing to do with the affair and that BM never knew about it until the investigation.

The murder was always about BM having financial stability and when SM was actually ready to leave and not die from cancer, he had to take the matter into his own hands.

That whole weekend with the girls being gone was set up as a weekend of opportunity for him to commit the crime. It wasn’t a heat of the moment thing. It was a calculated plan that came together.

Everything BM did after she died had financial implications. Everything. It was always about the money. I mean, he’s a landscaper living in a 7 figure home.
Wow, half way there with you. I think the girls being gone was a set up. And I think Barry had already had a countdown date. I think it started forming in his mind back at least a year and half before Suzanne's demise. From what we know the marriage started heading south shortly before the move to Colorado. Something woke Suzanne up and she didn’t go back to sleep, within months Suzanne did something she never thought she’d do, that was reach out to JL. There had obviously been discussions in 2019 about Suzanne getting her money back. The clock was ticking when she survived the cancer. The money from the Indiana house settlement was about due. Suzanne clearly laid out her demands to end this marriage. No more excuses. It was now or never for Barry. I do think he knew full well she was having an affair, just made it easier for him to justify. May or may not have known exactly who, but if he hacked the FB he knew it was a Jeff.

Maybe BM gave his daughter the card to use but he pays the bills. Then he could use her card whenever he wanted to and she would never know he was sharing her card. BM was probably the one who regularly picked up the mail so SM may never see the bills either.

Remember, BM said he was carrying mail into his hotel room. Maybe he picked it up the mail on the way out of town just in case there was something he didn't want anyone to find later. JMO
Didn't JP share that the only piece of paperwork Barry left in the HIE was a property tax bill?

I don't know what JP meant, but he felt it important enough to tell LE about it. Who knows why?

There always seems to be a lot we don't know when cases like this go to trial; there tends to be several bombshell moments.

In this one, we don't know if anyone has come forward in the past year, the results of any warrants executed after arrest, and the results of analysis that wasn't complete by the time of the preliminary hearing.

I'm still a firm believer that the financial statements, bank, debit card statements, etc. will be somewhat a bombshell moment, just an opinion I have. Could be pretty tough for BM to explain some time stamped transactions. Would like to see that receipt from the Holiday Inn, the chemicals, etc.

I wonder what was helpful about Suzanne’s RR data.
It's intriguing, because we did hear that vehicle was equipped with similar technology to Barry's.

At the time of the AA however, that analysis was not complete.

Hopefully it really did help in some way, as emails apparently indicated.

Wow, half way there with you. I think the girls being gone was a set up. And I think Barry had already had a countdown date. I think it started forming in his mind back at least a year and half before Suzanne's demise. From what we know the marriage started heading south shortly before the move to Colorado. Something woke Suzanne up and she didn’t go back to sleep, within months Suzanne did something she never thought she’d do, that was reach out to JL. There had obviously been discussions in 2019 about Suzanne getting her money back. The clock was ticking when she survived the cancer. The money from the Indiana house settlement was about due. Suzanne clearly laid out her demands to end this marriage. No more excuses. It was now or never for Barry. I do think he knew full well she was having an affair, just made it easier for him to justify. May or may not have known exactly who, but if he hacked the FB he knew it was a Jeff.
I definitely think that money issues had as much, if not more to do with this than the affair.

The 1st screenshot is notes on SM phone.

The 2nd and 3rd are what was recorded on the spy pen in March of 2020 during an argument between SM and BM and it appears to me that he had done something like invest money in gold and silver without her knowledge or approval. ( just my speculation).

Attachments

• A1E0E5A1-824B-47E3-BDDA-5927988D5BA1.jpeg
    A1E0E5A1-824B-47E3-BDDA-5927988D5BA1.jpeg
    48.7 KB · Views: 47
  • 56310F33-C655-427F-805B-2B8F8E4922C5.jpeg
    56310F33-C655-427F-805B-2B8F8E4922C5.jpeg
    71.3 KB · Views: 49
  • B5A74C5B-ADEB-4EAE-849F-A3AEEF6AC82B.jpeg
    B5A74C5B-ADEB-4EAE-849F-A3AEEF6AC82B.jpeg
    15 KB · Views: 37
We've got 3 bedrooms and 3.5 baths -- if that's accurate, that first floor bonus room room must be the half bath. Then the main suite/bath, leaving two full baths for upstairs. The bonus room has NO WALL and likely no closet so it's not a bedroom by any stretch. Therefore, the half bath is a powder room for guests by day.

UNLESS the poster upthread is correct and the early listing confirms that hall bath as a full bath, reducing the upstairs bathroom census to one, shared between two bedrooms, leaving a half bath floating somewhere within those walls. Probably off the kitchen somewhere. Levitating loo in the pantry,*

This house brought to you by the stylings of M.C. Escher.

JMO
*Alternatively, a weightless water closet in the larder.

It's easier than that.

He expected the girls home by lunch time. He even said as much. Lunchtime comes and MM1 has not called in a panic because Suzanne is missing. Barry calls her from the wall, because he was expecting the call then so he could say he was working when he got the call.

It really is that simple. They screwed up his timeline.
Yes.....

The easiest answer is usually the correct answer.

Didn't JP share that the only piece of paperwork Barry left in the HIE was a property tax bill?

I don't know what JP meant, but he felt it important enough to tell LE about it. Who knows why?
I remember it was kind of vague but JP definitely said to LS that it looked like insurance document “ something to do with the house”.
Morgan also called it an insurance document.

Attachments

• 12155AA0-779E-4D17-AFD8-3B9181A2762A.jpeg
    12155AA0-779E-4D17-AFD8-3B9181A2762A.jpeg
    15.4 KB · Views: 12
It's intriguing, because we did hear that vehicle was equipped with similar technology to Barry's.

At the time of the AA however, that analysis was not complete.

Hopefully it really did help in some way, as emails apparently indicated.
I’m so confused about the Range Rovers! HELP lol
Which one did he sell ? I can see both of them being called Suzanne’s because maybe both were registeded in her name although MM2 drove the older one.
But was the newer one that SM drove really released that quickly and not held as evidence? The one with the infamous glovebox??

Attachments

• F8E9960F-0C4A-437C-8041-7781DBFFCA17.jpeg
    F8E9960F-0C4A-437C-8041-7781DBFFCA17.jpeg
    37.4 KB · Views: 20
  • 92643D8E-EF1C-4666-BFEE-59616F9210AD.jpeg
    92643D8E-EF1C-4666-BFEE-59616F9210AD.jpeg
    16.6 KB · Views: 18
  • DCD17366-9961-4452-AFEE-4C34BE2420AC.jpeg
    DCD17366-9961-4452-AFEE-4C34BE2420AC.jpeg
    28.2 KB · Views: 14
Status
Not open for further replies.