Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #93

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A few random thoughts off the back of Everyone’s amazing posts tonight...
The Girls calls
1. Could Barry have purchased a VPN to go on the Dark Web in search of a Mobile Phone Hacker? I went down a whole rabbit hole on Quora looking for answers about phone towers pinging after reading that BM called MM immediately after she’d tried unsuccessfully to reach Suzanne. My first thought was Barry knew because he still had Suzannes phone with him! But I am not technologically savvy enough to work out whether he may have removed her SIM only ( even putting it into HIS phone?) to monitor her calls / texts on Mother’s Day. I’m going to be doing a lot more reading on that over the weekend unless someone knows the answer?
In the midst of reading all of the answers a wise guy had posted an advertisement for their services as a phone hacker. I’d never seen that service advertised ANYWHERE on the net. Got me thinking...

The movement of Suzanne’s body
2. Would an all terrain vehicle fit into the jaws of a Bobcat? And then would same vehicle fit into a hot tub filled with chlorine?

I don’t ever recall seeing a picture of BMs all Terrain Vehicle but have seen it mentioned many times. Did he sell that too or did that move with him out of PP?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can answer my questions! You all are so wonderful continuing to be here for Suzanne. Justice in June.

At 1:55pm door opens at DSI (Diesslin Structures, Inc.) in Salida & there is surveillance video as well.
At 2pm Morphew was getting his blade replaced on his bobcat.
What had he done, if Suzanne had agreed to his proposal at 9:50am for hiking? The 2pm meeting for repair had never been kept or ...... what?

What had he done, if Suzanne had agreed to his proposal at 9:50am for hiking? The 2pm meeting for repair had never been kept or ...... what?

I think if Suzanne did agree to go hiking and they actually went together, she would have suffered some unfortunate fall or a lion would have grabbed her.....

Last edited:
He mentioned the possibility of an animal attack, an accident, perhaps, with someone on the road, or even, he said, a run-in with someone who knows her well.
In any case, there is no possibility for him, Suzanne HAD NOT BEEN INJURED. Animal attack, accident, run-in are possibilities, she could have been severely injured (as he knew, she was indeed). Being NOT injured, but having left on her own to disappear or to meet her lover, never came over his lips. MOO

bbm
He touched it himself, but was indignant, that "10" (?) officers did so at the same time?

And the video only shows one officer touching it! The one who picked it up and brought it up the hill.

Should he have? Of course not. But I find picking it up far less offensive than throwing it down there in the first place.

That bodycam footage is a goldmine.

(Not to be confused with a mineshaft.)

Only one individual was narrating from the get-go.

JMO

I feel really sad for Suzanne who was obviously expecting her girls home on Mothers Day (or why wash the sheets?) And it seems now that they never intended to be home until the middle of the night. I wonder if they feel a bit guilty about that? Or do they really believe that she deliberately left them? In which case they might feel that they don't need to feel so guilty. They must feel so very confused.

Whoa. That Saturday, during turkey veggie soup time, could Barry have been HUNTING? He was careful to say he wasn't shooting (was just looking for a decayed turkey carcass -- as one does), but could he have been hunting? Because he needed a fresh kill for nefarious purposes?

Took his trail cams down because he was on them, hunting. And would be back later to retrieve his kill? I mean some hunters go a lifetime without taking down a deer, but Barry, could he do it at will?

Did he process a deer overnight as part of his permanent concealment plan?

JMO

From SM's photos and captions of the photos, I believe SO and SM gave birth to their daughters around the same time, and that MM1 and SO's daughter were definitely childhood friends. SO makes reference to SM being like a second mother to her daughter and how SM would never miss her wedding-- albeit virtual attendance.

IMO, there's some underlying tension in the family between MM1 and SM (caused by BM's triangulation) where events like the camping trip on MDW were the decision of MM1 and where MM2 was just along for the ride -- not wanting to miss the opportunity she'd never have on her own. We see this in MM1 not seeing SM when she dropped her sister off, not making it home on Sunday at a reasonable hour, and MM1 stating that she never intended to spend the night at PP on Sunday. But a mother's love wasn't going to stop SM from hoping and trying -- right down to preparing for MM1 to change her mind. I've seen red flags here between SM and MM1 since day one but it's just my opinion.

To be clear, I hold BM responsible for any friction here (by triangulation), and MM1 is another victim.
Let me preface what I have to say by reiterating the fact that MM1 and MM2 are very much victims in this case. However, and without victim blaming, it is important to analyze the Morphew family dynamic and the role this may play in BM’s upcoming trial.
That being said, I agree totally with what you have said here, @Seattle1. I think MM1 was Daddy’s girl long before this family structure began to erode. It’s very common for a child in a family to be closer to one parent than another. We all have seen cases where the loved ones or even close friends of the accused firmly refuse to accept that he/she could ever be capable of committing such an heinous act. As they say, “Love is blind.” For someone you idolize to do something awful is the ultimate act of betrayal.
That leaves MM2 in a terrible position. MM1 has been away at college while MM2 was home watching her parents’ relationship implode. She encouraged her mother to get away from this toxic environment. She offered to go with her. She stated that she did not want to be home with them all summer while they fought.
Now, Mom is gone. MM2 is alone. She is young, still in high school. After BM’s arrest, she goes to live with her sister, her Dad’s biggest champion. She is forced to make a choice between speaking up for her Mom and isolating herself from her remaining parent and only sibling, or she stands together with them to put up the false front of a tight, bonded, and loving family. Remember, as bad as he is, BM is still her Dad. What guilt she must feel. I feel very sad for this child, for both of them.
Fellow WSers, what would you do?

Last edited:
I've always wondered if LE asked those close to BM if they'd volunteer a dna sample. Barry himself suggested it might be someone very close to her. Maybe one of his friends? GD (he's the 40 tours rambo, right?) , perhaps?
Or maybe BM was trying to throw one of his “meth head” employees, (his words, not mine), under the bus. Had BM ever used SM’s RR to transport one of his employees?

Let me preface what I have to say by reiterating the fact that MM1 and MM2 are very much victims in this case. However, and without victim blaming, it is important to analyze the Morphew family dynamic and the role this may play in BM’s upcoming trial.
That being said, I agree totally with what you have said here, @Seattle1. I think MM1 was Daddy’s girl long before this family structure began to erode. It’s very common for a child in a family to be closer to one parent than another. We all have also seen cases where the loved ones or even close friends of the accused firmly refuse to accept that he/she could ever be capable of committing such an heinous act. As they say, “Love is blind.” For someone you idolize to do something awful is the ultimate act of betrayal.
That leaves MM2 in a terrible position. MM1 has been away at college while MM2 was home watching her parents relationship implode. She encouraged her mother to get away from this toxic environment. She offered to go with her. She stated that she did not want to be home with them all summer while they fought.
Now, Mom is gone. MM2 is alone. She is young, still in high school. After BM’s arrest, she goes to live with her sister, her Dad’s biggest champion. She is forced to make a choice between speaking up for her Mom and isolating herself from her remaining parent and only sibling, or she stands together with them to put up the false front of a tight, bonded, and loving family. Remember, as bad as he is, BM is still her Dad. What guilt she must feel. I feel very sad for this child, for both of them.
I can see how a young person faced with such an overwhelming dilemma may well choose the path of least resistance.

For one thing, practicalities usually come into play for most unhappy domestic situations. Anyone who says “but why didn’t the person just leave?” irritates me. Unless the person is totally financially independent, for one thing there is often nowhere to go other than a charity refuge or a temporary sofa. That reality can be a persuasive argument that things aren’t quite so bad and can be tolerated.

Added to this case, we’re talking about a person who hasn’t grown into adulthood yet let alone having independence of any kind, plus she very probably loves her father and wants to believe the best.

I do wish the trio presented a less joyful tableau entering the court but I was taken by something Lauren said in her summary video of the hearing before last. She said MM2 at one point broke down in tears and was inconsolable, which I think was telling. She’s probably keeping deep feelings buried, but now and then they may out. One day I believe the scales will fall and she will need to confront the truth emotionally.

Ofc Lauren also said that Barry had a similar episode and his lawyer made a show of comforting him. I suspect the motive behind that boo hoo show was very different.

All JMO.

That being said, I agree totally with what you have said here, @Seattle1. I think MM1 was Daddy’s girl long before this family structure began to erode. It’s very common for a child in a family to be closer to one parent than another. We all have also seen cases where the loved ones or even close friends of the accused firmly refuse to accept that he/she could ever be capable of committing such an heinous act. As they say, “Love is blind.” For someone you idolize to do something awful is the ultimate act of betrayal.
That leaves MM2 in a terrible position. MM1 has been away at college while MM2 was home watching her parents relationship implode. She encouraged her mother to get away from this toxic environment. She offered to go with her. She stated that she did not want to be home with them all summer while they fought.
I’ve thought the same from almost the beginning of this case. I remember the story of Barry taking MM1 hunting for a weekend without Mom or MM2. I guess that’s ok if MM1 is an avid hunter. I don’t know. To me it seemed strange. JMO.

I imagine all of us would do the same as MM2. But can you all imagine the turmoil and anger inside her? She must miss mom so much, can’t talk about her, remembering the fights between mom and dad and then being told her mom had a lover. She must long to sit down with her mom and ask questions but she knows that won’t happen. I don’t believe either daughter believes their mom just took off. They must have so many questions and must fear asking the only parent they have left. So sad.

While I see the evidence clearly pointing towards BM’s guilt, I’ve always felt like there is one or two pieces of missing info that keeps this case from being a clear slam dunk. There are so many circumstantial pieces of evidence and I feel like there is something LE hasn’t found that ties it all up nicely.

I guess the biggest piece being how did he dispose of her body?

Another car or accomplice?
Vehicle that didn’t have GPS tracking?
Buried on the property?
More clever deleting vehicle data than LE has realized?

All of them have merit based on what we know. That one aspect of this case continues to keep me so curious even though it’s obvious that he did it.
Respectfully, to me this is just one of a hundred or so White Rabbits that we have chased into Wonderland. The case is really very simple and the jury won't need to know this (or about BS's closet episode) to convict. The DA's completely unnecessary decision to submit an AA that was basically an information dump contributes to the community's focus on extraneous details. I think Hurlburt is quite competent and will present a focused case, in which BM's guilt is obvious.

I can see how a young person faced with such an overwhelming dilemma may well choose the path of least resistance.

For one thing, practicalities usually come into play for most unhappy domestic situations. Anyone who says “but why didn’t the person just leave?” irritates me. Unless the person is totally financially independent, for one thing there is often nowhere to go other than a charity refuge or a temporary sofa. That reality can be a persuasive argument that things aren’t quite so bad and can be tolerated.

Added to this case, we’re talking about a person who hasn’t grown into adulthood yet let alone having independence of any kind, plus she very probably loves her father and wants to believe the best.

I do wish the trio presented a less joyful tableau entering the court but I was taken by something Lauren said in her summary video of the hearing before last. She said MM2 at one point broke down in tears and was inconsolable, which I think was telling. She’s probably keeping deep feelings buried, but now and then they may out. One day I believe the scales will fall and she will need to confront the truth emotionally.

Ofc Lauren also said that Barry had a similar episode and his lawyer made a show of comforting him. I suspect the motive behind that boo hoo show was very different.

All JMO.

This is such an empathetic and perceptive and point of view which I totally agree with.

Both girls must be distraught by what they are living through, but my heart goes out to MM2 especially if it is true she is no longer in a relationship with her boyfriend .

I’ve thought the same from almost the beginning of this case. I remember the story of Barry taking MM1 hunting for a weekend without Mom or MM2. I guess that’s ok if MM1 is an avid hunter. I don’t know. To me it seemed strange. JMO.

I imagine all of us would do the same as MM2. But can you all imagine the turmoil and anger inside her? She must miss mom so much, can’t talk about her, remembering the fights between mom and dad and then being told her mom had a lover. She must long to sit down with her mom and ask questions but she knows that won’t happen. I don’t believe either daughter believes their mom just took off. They must have so many questions and must fear asking the only parent they have left. So sad.

My bestie has an avid hunter, fisherman, farmer and horse breeder for a dad and her brothers are great outdoorsmen...they owned land all over the west for hunting...think the big white tents with smokestacks and pack horses ....she went (alone) with her dad to Kodiak, Alaska to hunt bear when she was young. If you aren't familiar with the culture it is very difficult to understand. Not strange at all in my experience. I'm also the person who has a GF whose dad owned a deer and game farm before he passed away. Both these families do/did very very well financially with all their agri farming and animal management endeavors. Barry could have been a ophthalmologist and avid hunter and trophy collector and still be on trial for murder with no other circumstances altered or confirmed as we know (except the trip to Broomfield for the wall build job which was his revenue producing "career" these days).

Unknown clothes, bones found in search for Susan Powell in West Desert mine
Hopefully, they have found the remains of Susan Powell and her family can have some peace.
A lot of us here think that BM dumped SM’s remains in one of the many mine shafts in the area. Maybe SM’s family will get lucky, too.
In the Powell case, it’s said that it’s thought that her husband returned to the mine on several occasions to dump additional debris on top of her body. Since BM is living right across the street from his old home, I wonder if he has taken to riding around the forest in an ATV. You know, just to get out for some fresh air.

There was an interview by BM with either LS or the Denver reporter where BM brought out the love notes, greeting cards, and I recall BM talking about the girls travel over MDW and his reason for supporting their road trip where he said or was quoted saying something to the effect how they'd been "holed up" because of COVID and he believed it was good for them to get out.

I recall thinking at that moment that it made no sense to me to leave the gorgeous outdoors of Colorado if the intent was "camping." It's also fact that Church's were restricted from assembling (virtual services only) and if you believe this camp was an actual Church retreat allowed to take place, I have a bridge to sell! And never mind the fact that Idaho was still restricting border access for non-essential travel during that period. (Idaho was the destination at the time). MOO
Until I have further information I am putting this whole post in my own time line.

Unknown clothes, bones found in search for Susan Powell in West Desert mine
Hopefully, they have found the remains of Susan Powell and her family can have some peace.
A lot of us here think that BM dumped SM’s remains in one of the many mine shafts in the area. Maybe SM’s family will get lucky, too.
In the Powell case, it’s said that it’s thought that her husband returned to the mine on several occasions to dump additional debris on top of her body. Since BM is living right across the street from his old home, I wonder if he has taken to riding around the forest in an ATV. You know, just to get out for some fresh air.
Oh it would be great if Susan is found. Her husband was a monster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LouTanner