Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #93

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unknown clothes, bones found in search for Susan Powell in West Desert mine
Hopefully, they have found the remains of Susan Powell and her family can have some peace.
A lot of us here think that BM dumped SM’s remains in one of the many mine shafts in the area. Maybe SM’s family will get lucky, too.
In the Powell case, it’s said that it’s thought that her husband returned to the mine on several occasions to dump additional debris on top of her body. Since BM is living right across the street from his old home, I wonder if he has taken to riding around the forest in an ATV. You know, just to get out for some fresh air.
I so hope these are Susan's remains. She deserves to be brought home to her family and lovingly put to rest.

I hope the same for Suzanne.

Why the charger?

IMO it can only mean it was connected to the phone.

Ah, if Suzanne and JL were blowing up their phones, Suzanne may have plugged her phone in to charge alongside her bed where we know she normally kept it (in preparation for her routine, afternoon bike ride).

As far as we know, JL never joined her on WA so she may have moved on.

She showers, dresses, starts a load of laundry -- away from her phone, it's charging, she may be unaware of Barry's calls or seeing that she missed a dozen of them, may have started to answer, then changed her mind.

She may well have been in the laundry room when Barry encountered her --

She may have run for her room because that's where her phone was -- she could've been trying to call for help when Barry barreled through the door, ripping her phone both from her hand and the wall.

And that would explain why it's missing.

JMO
He may even have strangled her with it- the plug could have been a garrote?

The timing is all too coincidental for me.

Currently I'm squared -- the clean, quiet Bobcat was staged. He wanted it found clean.

I believe him when he says he's cheap.

I think it's possible that dogs hit on sites where Barry worked after MDW because he put his original blade back on -- getting a new blade was staging, he wanted to be seen --

Wherever Barry keeps his stuff, I'd like to know if a nice shiny new blade sat or sits, while he wears out the one he used in the commission of tampering with/concealing a body.

I bet Barry knows how to change a blade.

JMO

I thought I read (in the AA I believe) that DSI kept the old blade and LE retrieved it from them?

I can't find that section in the AA now though so I may be confused. Anyone else remember this?

I thought I read (in the AA I believe) that DSI kept the old blade and LE retrieved it from them?

I can't find that section in the AA now though so I may be confused. Anyone else remember this?

You remember correctly.

I'm proposing that Barry purposefully brought his OLDEST blade in to be replaced and discarded. While keeping his active blade -- because he's cheap -- and once he got back to PP, he was free to put his active one back on, keeping the new one pristine.

Barry's bread and butter was his Bobcat. I have to think he kept a back up blade (pretty worn) because a day without a blade is a day without work, a day without pay.

Because he's cheap, IMO he turned in his oldest, least valuable blade.

Leaving him with two.

JMO

I really want to know if the SIM card is possibly back under that blade or maybe it's easily accessible when the blade is off? I will look into that. I think the mention of the bolts near the skid steer also could be something.

Another thought I had was maybe the "other" is the blade change, but I think the skid steer would likely be off at that point and not sure it would register any data if it wasn't turned on? Maybe the SIM removal does trigger something because it tries to connect but the signal is low? Not sure if a blade change would trigger a data point on the SIM.
I have been trying to find out where the SIM card location is too, but haven't had any luck. Guess they don't want would-be thieves finding out where it is? Hopefully you'll have better luck than I.

I don't believe the location of the SIM card would be on any attachment, including the bucket. So I don't think removing the blade was to get to the SIM card. It seems to me the SIM card location would need to be part of the main bobcat. There are aftermarket GPS tracking devices for it that have connectors that look like they just plug in, but who knows where that would be. I was thinking maybe near the engine, but maybe they'd route it away from the engine heat?

You have a really good point about the "other" not being the blade change. For safety reasons, it seems they'd position the bucket where desired and then turn it off before replacing the blade, in which case I don't think it would register as anything. When I see "other" that makes me think the bobcat software doesn't really know what message to log, so it defaults to "other". I'm thinking unplugging SIM card might be "other", as I imagine that is an unusual occurrence. The software just knows something is up. All IMO.

I think Barry was dead serious about marriage being for life. It was one of his unbending principles. It's why, if he had an affair, he said it would've been a mistake but he'd stay married (interestingly he doesn't give Suzanne a vote). I think her affair was unforgivable, sinful in his eyes, because she wanted to end the marriage. Not Barry. Ending the marriage was not an option.

Til death do them part.

So he helped death along.

Oh, Suzanne....

JMO

I think Barry was dead serious about marriage being for life. It was one of his unbending principles. It's why, if he had an affair, he said it would've been a mistake but he'd stay married (interestingly he doesn't give Suzanne a vote). I think her affair was unforgivable, sinful in his eyes, because she wanted to end the marriage. Not Barry. Ending the marriage was not an option.

Til death do them part.

So he helped death along.

Oh, Suzanne....

JMO
Biblical commentator John Ritenbaugh describes GREED as a “ruthless self–seeking and an arrogant assumption that others and things exist for one's own benefit.”

Have been doing MHFA this week - made me think about people who are in crisis and think the world would be better without them, compared to the narcissist who uses it as a weapon of control because someone is doing something they don't like and it's one of the last things they have left to use, which imo is Barry - he admitted he said it because he wanted Suzanne to respond a certain way and Suzanne was preparing to do something Barry didn't like, she was leaving him.

Also, I do believe both daughters are victims - I don't like seeing images of smiles when entering the courthouse, but I understand the need to 'put a face on' or the fact defence may be coaching them, and it doesn't mean I don't sympathise or empathise with them - this is an awful thing to happen to anyone.
Both young women are in a bad situation, but for me MM2 is in a terrible, lonely and dangerous place (moo) and like I've stated before she possibly feels she has no choice - that's a massive burden on her. Neither of them should be going through this, and certainly not at the hands of their father.
I hope that in time they will know the truth, they find freedom from Barry if that's what they wish, move forward and lead happy lives of their own, which I imagine Suzanne would want for them.

All jmo

We were discussing the VPN a few pages back. I found it in the AA where Barry was asked about buying a VPN in February on ___ credit card. He denied it and said he thought he was buying fraud protection. So the VPN was bought and charged to one of the daughters credit cards.

Well, isn't THAT interesting.

I really want to know if the SIM card is possibly back under that blade or maybe it's easily accessible when the blade is off? I will look into that. I think the mention of the bolts near the skid steer also could be something.

Another thought I had was maybe the "other" is the blade change, but I think the skid steer would likely be off at that point and not sure it would register any data if it wasn't turned on? Maybe the SIM removal does trigger something because it tries to connect but the signal is low? Not sure if a blade change would trigger a data point on the SIM.
^^BBM

AA pg 41/129
upload_2022-2-11_16-35-27.png
Just to be sure we're talking about the same thing, the SIM reference is a Subscriber Identity Module.

The SIM card is housed in the Cal/Amp device which utilizes Verizonconnect services. The data is likely saved/uploaded when connects to Verizon. The environment (Salida/Chaffee County) impedes things many take for granted will operate as designed.

The Bobcat blade is in-fact the cutting edge that's mounted on the bucket of the skid steer. The digging bucket that moves and carries earth, rock, etc. So no, the Cal/Amp device is not located under the blade (cutting edge). That would be like mounting your cell phone under the bucket!

The Cal/Amp device is protected in the rear of the cab. Access requires raising the rear cab by removing a couple of bolts and washers to unlatch but it's easily a one-person job.

IMO, I think we need to trust the prosecutor, investigators, that Bobcat's not connected. MOO

bobcat-s590-bucket-dsc09830-20p7-fc-hzt_mg_full.jpg

S590 Skid-Steer Loader - Photos & Videos - Bobcat Company

Barry alleged at a couple of different points that he thought Suzanne was being held in a basement somewhere. Surely in his mind a mine shaft would qualify as a basement wouldn’t it? His version of Suzanne spending an eternity in Hell to account for her sins? IMO

We really need some expert advice for these Bobcat details.

If you guys wanna help me compile a detailed list of questions, I'll march myself in to the local Bobcat supplier next week, and ask!

I have one question (so far):

1. Can a Bobcat Skid Steer S590 be tracked without a Cal/Amp device?

During those 6 minutes, I'd like to know if Barry switched his own blade -- from his working one to his worst one -- before heading to Salida to suddenly need a brand new blade.

Dogs alerted to an unused blade.

But also to where Barry sat.

Barry is the common denominator.

What are we missing?

JMO

Y'all know what the State really needs? Suzanne's body. Another search should happen before the trial. One that goes up the mountain behind PP.

Yup! Usually defense attorneys like to delay delay delay the trial but in this case, they know time is against them - more time to analyze data, more time to interview people, and more time to possibly find Suzanne's body. Since they know instinctively that Barry is guilty, they know that none of the above is in his best interest.

So their best defense remains Hocus Pocus, Switch the Focus!

I would believe that his legal team is adept at handling types like Barry. I’m sure they know exactly who they are dealing with, and how to best approach things in order to keep him on board with their strategy. And then they cross their fingers-never publicly, of course.

-------------------------<emphasis resp. fm nasbda>
Better cross their collective toes too

The B-man has been a loose cannon since he could pull himself up in his crib and throw binkee at mom...

imoo/bbmoe
[ bolstered by my own {4 dau!}] ex
perience.]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics