Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #93

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought I read (in the AA I believe) that DSI kept the old blade and LE retrieved it from them?

I can't find that section in the AA now though so I may be confused. Anyone else remember this?
AA -Pg 44/129

upload_2022-2-11_18-17-57.png

You are correct @Iwondertoo -- CBI took possession of the old Bobcat blade very early and it was in evidence for CBI lab testing.

I have been trying to find out where the SIM card location is too, but haven't had any luck. Guess they don't want would-be thieves finding out where it is? Hopefully you'll have better luck than I.

I don't believe the location of the SIM card would be on any attachment, including the bucket. So I don't think removing the blade was to get to the SIM card. It seems to me the SIM card location would need to be part of the main bobcat. There are aftermarket GPS tracking devices for it that have connectors that look like they just plug in, but who knows where that would be. I was thinking maybe near the engine, but maybe they'd route it away from the engine heat?

You have a really good point about the "other" not being the blade change. For safety reasons, it seems they'd position the bucket where desired and then turn it off before replacing the blade, in which case I don't think it would register as anything. When I see "other" that makes me think the bobcat software doesn't really know what message to log, so it defaults to "other". I'm thinking unplugging SIM card might be "other", as I imagine that is an unusual occurrence. The software just knows something is up. All IMO.
OK.. so late to this party. sigh.. again.
My neighbor has a Bobcat so I will ask him when he gets back home where the SIM card is and any other questions I see pop up in here.

I have one question (so far):

1. Can a Bobcat Skid Steer S590 be tracked without a Cal/Amp device?

Think of the Cal/Amp device as an electrical box with componets similar to how your mobile phone is the case to house your SIM card. Just as you need a service provider to use your phone, the Bobcat also needs a provider. According to the AA- pg 41, the service provider for the Bobcat was Verizonconnect.

BM's 2018 Bobcat came equipped with the Cal/Amp device. Years prior, equipment owners relied on 3rd party vendors to install a Cal/Amp device in their equipment. LoJack (a brand of Cal/Amp) is a huge 3rd party or aftermarket supplier of tracking devices.

What is a CalAmp device?

Telematics and tracking devices utilizing the latest cellular technology to monitor and provide data on your cargo, vehicles and other assets in any environment. Easy installation, with solutions available for battery or external power, and short-term or multi-year deployments.

GPS Telematics Tracking Devices and Solutions - CalAmp
https://www.calamp.com › products › telematics-tracking-..

Think of the Cal/Amp device as an electrical box with componets similar to how your mobile phone is the case to house your SIM card. Just as you need a service provider to use your phone, the Bobcat also needs a provider. According to the AA- pg 41, the service provider for the Bobcat was Verizonconnect.

BM's 2018 Bobcat came equipped with the Cal/Amp device. Years prior, equipment owners relied on 3rd party vendors to install a Cal/Amp device in their equipment. LoJack (a brand of Cal/Amp) is a huge 3rd party or aftermarket supplier of tracking devices.

What is a CalAmp device?

Telematics and tracking devices utilizing the latest cellular technology to monitor and provide data on your cargo, vehicles and other assets in any environment. Easy installation, with solutions available for battery or external power, and short-term or multi-year deployments.

GPS Telematics Tracking Devices and Solutions - CalAmp
https://www.calamp.com › products › telematics-tracking-..

Yes, I agree - I did this exact same research last night, and found out what a Cal/Amp device is and how it works.

What I was wondering - and maybe I didn't state my question clearly - is can a Bobcat Skid Steer s590 be tracked without the SIM card inserted into the CalAmp device?

Yes, I agree - I did this exact same research last night, and found out what a Cal/Amp device is and how it works.

What I was wondering - and maybe I didn't state my question clearly - is can a Bobcat Skid Steer s590 be tracked without the SIM card inserted into the CalAmp device?
I will ask my neighbor who has one, when he gets home.

Is the bobcat the new device added to Barry’s service? Anyone know if the timeline adds up? Seems like he was in Mexico when the additional device was added but when did he purchase the bobcat? Also did he retain the bobcat he hauled from Indiana Beverly Hills style or did he sell it? Do we know? Thanks in advance.

If only Suzanne hadn't been so reckless - as we now know, it was so dangerous to be communicating with JL when Barry was nearby, or on his way. If only when she finally decided to leave she had just got in her car and kept on driving until she was far far away safe with her own family. If only . . . .

I really do not see BM pleading to anything that would involve prison.

He's gonna ride this all the way down.

I think he truly believes that whatever he did to Suzanne was justified.
MOO
---------------------------------------------------
S'il vous plaît pardonnez-moi, mais ça... c'est impossible.
IMO:
B-mensche will never appear for trial, let alone sentencing.
No.
He'll be taken hostage. Vicious opportunists: perhaps 'reverse coyotes'..[You know, they're in the hills and passes everywhere in these parts...]

Think non-extradition whereabouts.
Add ensuing "ransom" communications facade ... [...as bogus as that"reward" for SM's safe return.]
Could include bogus "2nd hostage" drama, too. Lends urgency/authenticity ...
Time flees,
and sometimes tells. [
AA, OMO]

I will ask my neighbor who has one, when he gets home.
Could you ask if your neighbor knows of any way for the odometer to be set back to zero? Does he think that swapping out the SIM card would do that? Also, for the message types that are logged, has he ever seen "other" and does he have any idea what that could indicate? Thanks in advance.

You remember correctly.

I'm proposing that Barry purposefully brought his OLDEST blade in to be replaced and discarded. While keeping his active blade -- because he's cheap -- and once he got back to PP, he was free to put his active one back on, keeping the new one pristine.

Barry's bread and butter was his Bobcat. I have to think he kept a back up blade (pretty worn) because a day without a blade is a day without work, a day without pay.

Because he's cheap, IMO he turned in his oldest, least valuable blade.

Leaving him with two.

JMO

Thanks for that. I thought I remembered correctly about the blade being kept by DSI.

I'm not certain I go along with BM having an "older blade" available, but you do have a point about time is money. So it's possible...It's definitely something to keep in mind!

FB44C6A6-E534-470A-9F72-F9AF84E05174.jpeg
This is the first time I've seen Google Maps showing the minor road from 225 along the creek connecting through to the road to the Puma Path house -- until now I've always seen a short stub road from 225 ending, and a short road from the PP house, along the creek across from the Ritters, and then also ending. Now Google draws a line connecting them as if it's a through road, though I think I see trees under the drawn line, so I'm not sure what the reality is.

It's of interest to me because if it's driveable, it changes the route options he had in terms of staging the bike, etc. Where he drove or walked. I had assumed it wasn't driveable but maybe I should reconsider. A vehicle on the upper road might be less visible if any other traffic were in the neighborhood, but on the other hand any traffic on that upper road might be quite visible from the Ritter's house. MOO

I'm going to change the subject for a brief moment.

In the AA Barry's statement at the beginning with LE is:

"We had a great night that Saturday before. We made love that night. There was nothing that happened at 2:30. I mean, I looked back. Nothing. We grilled, I grilled steak at probably five, six. We ate dinner. Went to bed. We made love."

I kept reading this over and over and over and I couldnt put my finger on it something isn't right. Or I'm missing something.

However, now I think I figured it out. He says nothing happened at 2:30, then go straight to 5 or 6 at night where he grilled.

He jumps over two-and-a-half to three and a half hours.

Why?

Why did he jump over that??

Because this is the missing info on her attack and death.

When he gave his statement to the police-- without even realizing it--he discussed a jump in time.

Good catch. Not Upto date on everything, why was 2.30pm mentioned?

During those 6 minutes, I'd like to know if Barry switched his own blade -- from his working one to his worst one -- before heading to Salida to suddenly need a brand new blade.

Dogs alerted to an unused blade.

But also to where Barry sat.

Barry is the common denominator.

What are we missing?

JMO

Did the (3) dogs alert on the blade though? I thought it was on the Bobcat seat and trailer IIRC. Please correct me if I am mistaken. Thx.

While I don't know if Barry was able to monitor his wife's communications that weekend; it could be two things that held Barry's attention at the beach site Sat. morn but can it be proven?

On Fri. May 8, JL sends to Suzanne: "You look good in biker clothes. You should be my wife."

On Sat., May 9, Suzanne tells JL that they "should be husband and wife."

Would this be tolerated? Was Barry going to allow Suzanne to live under his roof while talking sugah with another man? Was the very idea of Suzanne marrying another man enough to push Barry to the edge of no return?

I think Barry always knew he would shut Suzanne down, for years, he'd known, and esp. when the cancer returned. She was done.

moo

This bothers me. The defense have great lawyers. They are going to portray SM as a cheating wife, alcoholic and drug abuser, while portraying BM as a a successful business man who worked hard, a religious man a loving husband and father. This could tip the outcome in BM favor. I have little faith in the prosecution to counteract them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member