Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #93

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just for the heck of it I matched up the times the “unknown device” associated with BM’s cellphone and BM’s activities around Mother’s Day to see if it would tell us anything. The one thing that stands out to me is that BM was usually off by himself when this happened. Don’t know if it means anything.
Didn’t MG say at one point that BM had a second phone that he did not turn over to LE?

Wow! This solidifies (for me) that this was likely a team effort. Why else would Barry be speaking to someone on a burner phone in the hours after he murdered his wife?! Hmmm.

And per the call on the 4th, the day his wife took MM2 to MM1's: he was planning.

Imo.

Wow! This solidifies (for me) that this was likely a team effort. Why else would Barry be speaking to someone on a burner phone in the hours after he murdered his wife?! Hmmm.

And per the call on the 4th, the day his wife took MM2 to MM1's: he was planning.

Imo.
I think he was having an affair, or several. What I don’t get is why investigators found no evidence of an affair.

Have been thinking about the split doorframe to master bedroom...

To me this shows BMs loss of situational control.

It seems if he returned home Saturday with a predetermined plan to kill her, he would have casually approached her, maybe put her in a headlock and injected the tranquilizer material into a large muscle. No need for a chase.

He could have easily caught her by surprise hence no broken door frame.

Also, regarding the phone charger. I believe it was likely involved in the attack otherwise why dispose it. This too points to a loss of control.

I mention this because it could help find Suzanne if we have an understanding of his state of mind at that time, as well as the time Saturday leading up to her demise. Which then poses the question of what resources and opportunities were immediately available for the cover-up and disposal of her remains.

Also, the Broomfield alibi is so senseless and hastily put together that it too supports a "he snapped" scenario...

He may even have strangled her with it- the plug could have been a garrote?
I can picture it. He breaks down the door and she turns to run. He grabs her from behind and she struggles, scratching his arm. While struggling with her he is trying to get the tranq dart out of his pocket and while doing so drops the bullet that was also in his pocket. (I wonder if ever carried a bullet in his pocket like a worry stone? Being that he is such a big hunter and all.) He plunges the tranq into her, and she falls back onto the bed. He grabs the cord from the bedstand and strangles her with it. I believe this is all happening in a blind rage that was building since Wednesday when she told him she was done.
He spends the rest of the day and evening cleaning up and disposing of SM’s body. In the wee hours of the morning he plants the bike. He leave for Broomfield, but first turns west on Hwy 50, so he can plant the helmet. I think he over thought this part. I doesn’t make sense that the helmet was a quarter of a mile away from the bike.
Anyway, after planting the helmet he heads east on Hwy 50 to start his journey to Broomfield to nail his false alibi. Once there, he starts his systematic disposal of evidence. Another stupid move on his part.
I’m glad he thought he was so smart and so clever. This assumption caused him to do all these dumb things that will lead to his downfall. He thought he learned everything he needed to do because he listens to all these true crime shows. What he didn’t think of is the fact that in those shows, in the majority of cases, the bad guy is caught in the end.

I think he was having an affair, or several. What I don’t get is why investigators found no evidence of an affair.
I agree. I absolutely do not believe that BM was faithful to SM. My thought is that maybe LE is using semantics. They said they did not find evidence that he was having an affair but they never said he wasn’t having hookups. LE may later explain this by saying they equate the term affair with a long term relationship.

I can picture it. He breaks down the door and she turns to run. He grabs her from behind and she struggles, scratching his arm. While struggling with her he is trying to get the tranq dart out of his pocket and while doing so drops the bullet that was also in his pocket. (I wonder if ever carried a bullet in his pocket like a worry stone? Being that he is such a big hunter and all.) He plunges the tranq into her, and she falls back onto the bed. He grabs the cord from the bedstand and strangles her with it. I believe this is all happening in a blind rage that was building since Wednesday when she told him she was done.
He spends the rest of the day and evening cleaning up and disposing of SM’s body. In the wee hours of the morning he plants the bike. He leave for Broomfield, but first turns west on Hwy 50, so he can plant the helmet. I think he over thought this part. I doesn’t make sense that the helmet was a quarter of a mile away from the bike.
Anyway, after planting the helmet he heads east on Hwy 50 to start his journey to Broomfield to nail his false alibi. Once there, he starts his systematic disposal of evidence. Another stupid move on his part.
I’m glad he thought he was so smart and so clever. This assumption caused him to do all these dumb things that will lead to his downfall. He thought he learned everything he needed to do because he listens to all these true crime shows. What he didn’t think of is the fact that in those shows, in the majority of cases, the bad guy is caught in the end.
I don’t think Barry is capable of re-making the bed.

Where did he put her body?

I’m sure this was discussed and I missed it, but won’t LE have information from his other device or other phone? I’m thinking if he used it to contact someone and LE has their phone number, can’t they then get a warrant to trace the contact back to Barry? Can they secure that warrant without the other party knowing?

Seems to me if LE knows there was a device then that’s all they would need to secure warrants of individuals Barry knew.
The other device is not known to them, they do not have it. They only know of it. They can’t very well request warrants for the devices belonging to every single one of BM’s contacts to see if this device shows up.

Didn’t ShoSho delete contacts in her phone right in front of police?
From AA, page 123:
"On December 17, 2020, Sergeant Hysjulien and Agent Cahill interviewed Darke at the CCSO office. She said she has known Barry since October 2020 because she cleaned his neighbor's house and met him at the dumpster by chance. She denied being in a romantic or sexual relationship with Barry. Darke deleted items on her phone (one possibly being a second phone number for Barry) in front of investigators and was evasive in answering questions. Darke said she called the CBI tip line in May 2020 to report strange vehicles being in the area around Puma Path around the time Suzanne disappeared..."

I agree. I absolutely do not believe that BM was faithful to SM. My thought is that maybe LE is using semantics. They said they did not find evidence that he was having an affair but they never said he wasn’t having hookups. LE may later explain this by saying they equate the term affair with a long term relationship.
I hope you are right. Affair or a one nighter, both are sex with someone other than your partner. I hope the judge would allow that since Barry said he never cheated. Ha!

The other device is not known to them, they do not have it. They only know of it. They can’t very well request warrants for the devices belonging to every single one of BM’s contacts to see if this device shows up.
Well sure. I thought I had read here that they had the device. I’ve always been positive Barry committed the murder of Suzanne. I hope the jury puts it all together and convicts him. I’m as certain as I was of OJ and Casey Anthony. Yet they are free.

From AA, page 123:
"On December 17, 2020, Sergeant Hysjulien and Agent Cahill interviewed Darke at the CCSO office. She said she has known Barry since October 2020 because she cleaned his neighbor's house and met him at the dumpster by chance. She denied being in a romantic or sexual relationship with Barry. Darke deleted items on her phone (one possibly being a second phone number for Barry) in front of investigators and was evasive in answering questions. Darke said she called the CBI tip line in May 2020 to report strange vehicles being in the area around Puma Path around the time Suzanne disappeared..."
This sure makes SD look like an accomplice. The call to the CBI tip line.
@OldCop, question:
Since LE knew she deleted items on her phone, couldn’t they obtain a warrant to retrieve everything she deleted from her phone? Wouldn’t it still be retrievable, in a cloud or somewhere?

That, my friend, is the million dollar question. Because of time constraints, I believe her body is quite close to home. Unfortunately, home is in the middle of a vast, barely populated area, consisting of waterways, cliffs, and abandoned mines.
I believe he moved there to isolate Suzanne and then, when he lost control of her, he killed her. I think she may be in a mine.

From AA, page 123:
Thanks Diddian.

What always puzzles me is the trash dumps. He successfully hid the body so far. Why didn’t he put the rest of the stuff he had to get rid of in the same place? Those trash dumps made him look strange and squirrley and guilty of something. The only reason I can come up with is this. He killed her and immediately hid the body. Then there was the clean up. Instead of going back to the body site he disposed of those things in trash bins everywhere. Not even thinking of cameras? IDK. You would think there are so many better places. He has access to so many rural areas to toss stuff off a cliff or bury it. Like I said, he was fairly successful at hiding a body. I keep thinking the trash runs were red herrings. Look here! Not there! Maybe. And of course, MOO

What always puzzles me is the trash dumps. He successfully hid the body so far. Why didn’t he put the rest of the stuff he had to get rid of in the same place? Those trash dumps made him look strange and squirrley and guilty of something. The only reason I can come up with is this. He killed her and immediately hid the body. Then there was the clean up. Instead of going back to the body site he disposed of those things in trash bins everywhere. Not even thinking of cameras? IDK. You would think there are so many better places. He has access to so many rural areas to toss stuff off a cliff or bury it. Like I said, he was fairly successful at hiding a body. I keep thinking the trash runs were red herrings. Look here! Not there! Maybe. And of course, MOO
I agree but then maybe he wasn’t so good at hiding her body. Maybe it will be found. I just hope it’s soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Valefa96