Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #97

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I'll give you that he wasn't going to talk anymore and yes, he'd complained to Grusing about Cahill and his partner but I was trying to look at it from Cahill's pov - even though one (or two) men's opinions should not have even entered the equation. He was pissed and vented his frustration. And no, it didn't kill the case. Nice try, though.
Just an aside, people DO disappear via Mexico. The usually end up in South America, Brazil is a haven for criminals as are the Caymans etc.
On a personal note, an ex's partner embezzled all three partner's funds and fled to Mexico. Spent years (he's still out there, as far as I know) traveling. Last I knew, he sent a postcard which was postmarked northern Europe (Denmark?), and that was just 5-6 years ago.
Fake identities and passports are available, for a price.
I'm not as sure as you about the possibility of extradition. He wasn't going to stay in one place for long - no one with half a brain would.
IMO :)
His daughters were the weak link, and Barry is anything but subtle.

He wouldn't have left them, and he would have made contact if he did.

Okay, I'll give you that he wasn't going to talk anymore and yes, he'd complained to Grusing about Cahill and his partner but I was trying to look at it from Cahill's pov - even though one (or two) men's opinions should not have even entered the equation. He was pissed and vented his frustration. And no, it didn't kill the case. Nice try, though.
Just an aside, people DO disappear via Mexico. The usually end up in South America, Brazil is a haven for criminals as are the Caymans etc.
On a personal note, an ex's partner embezzled all three partner's funds and fled to Mexico. Spent years (he's still out there, as far as I know) traveling. Last I knew, he sent a postcard which was postmarked northern Europe (Denmark?), and that was just 5-6 years ago.
Fake identities and passports are available, for a price.
I'm not as sure as you about the possibility of extradition. He wasn't going to stay in one place for long - no one with half a brain would.
IMO :)
I don’t think that is the case here but makes for fun speculation. Would he leave his daughters and family and friends? Would Suzanne leave her daughters and family? My vote is no to both.

CBI said there were holes in the case and there are. It will be an interesting trial to follow.
I wouldn't be concerned about alledged holes I would be worried about, as @justtrish stated:

"I never hit my wife.... but once I clipped her a weird reflex thing

I never used the tranquillizer in Colorado but I did tranquilize that deer in April to take the horns

I set my alarm and woke up.. drove right to Broomfield.... but wait my prostate causes me issues so I was up to pee and didn't wake up to the alarm and then I did turn left to follow that elk..

I went home to have that veggie soup and sunbathe with my wife.. but wait really I was hunting for that week old turkey my daughter shot..

I didn't kill my wife... but I did suck the life out of her while she was alive so basically I killed her..."

CBI said there were holes in the case and there are. It will be an interesting trial to follow.
There may be a few “holes” in the case. And, they may never have been “plugged” regardless of how long LE continued investigating. The biggest one is the hole that BM put Suzanne in. However, no body cases are not insurmountable. What is, is a mountain of circumstantial evidence that cannot be overcome. Most of us here have come to the undeniable conclusion that Barry killed his “angel.” And we don’t even have all the evidence the DA does. I will have faith that a jury that is capable of putting together the pieces will be seated for this trial. Could it go sideways? Possibly, but the odds are in favour of Barry getting convicted of the vile murder he committed. JMHO

The holes are not game changers though. They would add info that would make the picture way more clear, but what we do know is enough. I think if they approach it as it couldn't be anyone else, then the jury won't need those holes to see the big picture. It doesn't matter how she died or exactly the hour or where he put her, if they prove there was no one else it could be, then those things don't prove he did it any more than what we already know.

So what happened to the "letter" that the Prosecution wrote?

Didn't that come into play yesterday??
I think the Judge will take it into consideration with what transpired yesterday and return his judgment in the coming days. Maybe some minor sanctions? I highly doubt he’ll grant a dismissal of charges just because IE & DN requested it for their client. They’re grasping at straws. Very brittle straws. :)

His daughters were the weak link, and Barry is anything but subtle.

He wouldn't have left them, and he would have made contact if he did.
Part of me believes that and part of me thinks he'd cut his losses. Even if he weren't to cut them off altogether, he'd tell them to get burners before he left. Poor persecuted Barry and all.
IMO

I don’t think that is the case here but makes for fun speculation. Would he leave his daughters and family and friends? Would Suzanne leave her daughters and family? My vote is no to both.
Who knows what he is/was capable of. He committed murder, after all. The murder of his daughter's mother.
IMO

Last edited:
I don’t think their feelings are irrelevant. The jury might hear they weren’t “ready.” I am inclined to think like Murphy, Lama will let it go to trial.
First, I want to say that I respect all LE that were involved in investigating this case and thought they did an overall phenomenal job. BM wouldn’t be where he is if it weren’t for the diligence and tenacity of all LE involved. I have some retired LE on my Mother’s side, and some active and retired LE in my Husband’s family. I am a huge supporter of all LE and respect them and what they do tremendously.

To address your response to my post, I was speaking to the investigators opinion/feeling that the arrest was premature being irrelevant to the DA’s decision to arrest. I am not saying they were right or wrong to feel the way they do. I’m sure investigators disagree with DA’s all the time but the fact is, once the DA is handed the case file for review, examines all investigative findings, evidence amassed up to that point, after carefully taking everything into consideration, makes the decision whether there’s enough evidence to warrant moving forward and filing charges/arrest. That is the DA’s job, she is above their pay grade so to speak, and it’s ultimately her call to make. Whether all the investigators that worked on the case feel it was premature or not, agree with DA or not, imo is moot. It is what it is, the DA has the final say and felt it was the right decision to file charges and arrest BM when they did. Judge M agreed there was enough probable cause and authorized the arrest.

Yes, I’m aware the jury might hear an investigator or two on the stand say they thought the arrest was premature. How much weight that will carry in the jury’s final decision, I have no idea but considering the mountain of evidence pointing right at BM and whatever other evidence they have we haven’t even heard about yet, surprises the state has in store for trial, something tells me all that will far outweigh an investigator’s testimony that he thought the arrest was premature. The DA/state is not going to tip their hand and give away their trial strategy to the defense prior to trial. They presented only what they had to to get BM bound over. They will present their full case in court at trial and hope the jury convicts BM on all charges as most of us here hopes happens. The defense will be doing their job to try and get their client acquitted on all charges. No one can predict what the jury will decide. My own personal opinion is as long as there are 12 reasonable jurors with critical thinking skills sitting on the jury, after hearing and evaluating all the evidence, will come to unanimous decision and convict BM on all charges. I’m not oblivious to the fact that there’s always the chance the defense will be able to sway one juror that might not see it the same way as the others. That’s what the defense is hoping happens, we’ll have to wait and see.

I just have to have faith and hope that as long as the prosecution lays their case out in a methodical, concise manner so the jury can connect the dots of the mountain of evidence which leads to no one else but BM, that the jury will ultimately come to unanimous decision and convict BM on all charges.

I think there’s a really good chance that that is what’s going to happen, but that’s just my opinion.

IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne

Last edited:
I think prosecution could put a good case together but I am not sure they “can”.The best gift the judge could give them is to send them back to the drawing board but my guess is he won’t. CBI for the most told defense what they got is what there is so it is still even minus the DNA not a slam dunk and there wont be any crazy aha moments in my opinion. I could sit here and opine on the arguments for both sides but we are so close to trial I am just going to watch it play out. Personally I do wish prosecution went for manslaughter because it is difficult to believe this is an all or nothing trial. But maybe it will be a hung jury. It will be an interesting spring.

Yes and you know what I’m going to say - that sucks there’s no recovered biological evidence in this case.

I do remember in the AA it appears like LE did their due diligence checking flight records, social security administration, DHS and other checks over a period of time on SM to make sure there were no hits of her being out there somewhere alive. IMO
BBM

Barry Morphew is no fool. Hunting is his life. MOO is, he knew all too well that leaving any biological evidence was not in his calculations.

How far in advance...I don't know.

BM like any serious hunter it would be far safer and more enjoyable if he was in good health and physical condition ahead of time.

Serious hunters are into bicycling, swimming, or weight lifting because it helps them prepare; which the gym is something we know BM did many times per week.

Besides physical conditioning, hunting demands far more logistical planning than almost anywhere else. One must be self-reliant, capable of remaining in the field longer than expected under difficult circumstances. This is something BM knew all too well.

Prohunter...anger...jealousy...$$$..
...tranq darts...unconsciousness...moving the body off the property...then there would be no recovered biological evidence.

Last edited:
Barry got a taste for jail and it wasn't steak.

I am certain he intends never to return to it.

IMO he'll see to it.

However, I'm less worried he'll Dulos and more worried he'll Powell.

I'm afraid that if he can't control the outcome, he'll control the end game.

Because I think he also loves his family to death.

His ideology is deadly. He's done it his whole life. 100%.

JMO

Thanks, @Gardenista for Ashley's link.

Now we have the second reporter versed in this case confirming all three CODIS partial DNA hits have been excluded. We know these partial hits were essentially responsible for BM being released on bail.

Seems that TS (i.e., submitting a question to FB live) still trying to allude to the defense finding a 4th hit which I believe is more smoke and mirrors by the defense, but I understand how BM's family and friends need something to cling to. Clearly, just because defense attorney IE makes the allegation does not make it true.
I think TS's bromance has him reaching for things not there.

Also, about BM praying -- He was definitely NOT praying for his wife to be safe and to be found.
NOPE--he was praying to save his own A$$

Innocent people would be praying for their loved one to be found.

I think TS's bromance has him reaching for things not there.

Also, about BM praying -- He was definitely NOT praying for his wife to be safe and to be found.
NOPE--he was praying to save his own A$$

Innocent people would be praying for their loved one to be found.

Nope, Barry says that, (knowing that Suzanne didn't want him anymore) even if she came back, he wouldn't want her back.

Charming.

JMO

Barry got a taste for jail and it wasn't steak.

I am certain he intends never to return to it.

IMO he'll see to it.

However, I'm less worried he'll Dulos and more worried he'll Powell.

I'm afraid that if he can't control the outcome, he'll control the end game.

Because I think he also loves his family to death.

His ideology is deadly. He's done it his whole life. 100%.

JMO
Sobering thought @Megnut :( Very sobering.

I hadn’t let that cross my mind until now. I just got finished listening to an unapproved source. I think we all grasp that Bare has a very twisted, dark religion residing in his narcissistic head. It’s not the Christianity we’re familiar with. I suspect his “form” of Christianity really screwed up his psyche in his younger years. Unfortunately, he sucked Suzanne into that dark, twisted world. I hope you’re wrong, but from everything that has come out of his mouth, I know he is a VERY sick man and I wouldn’t put anything past him.

Just watching 48 hours, and during a commercial they talked about "Hank the Tank," a 500 pound bear that has wreaked havoc in Lake Tahoe.

Now that the DNA is out, and the mountain Lion was never really in, perhaps the defense can suggest that Hank or one of his cohorts is responsible (it's actually a team of bears according to DNA analysis).

One of the many issues they'd encounter however, is that they generally don't travel far, and we're talking about a distance of approximately 1000 miles.

I think it's worth a shot though!

The couple of prime time shows that covered this hitched their wagons to the SA DNA. It was infuriating, as it was only a partial match and they made it all about this being an alternate suspect, raising reasonable doubt. Well that’s gone. I want a do-over or part 2 to the shows.
Same here !!!

I think the men BM mentored were probably done so with an ulterior motive... cheap labor.
Many may have had criminal records or bad references which would make them desperate for employment and willing to work for less than market wages.

I agree. Also, based on what we have heard and inferred about Barry’s likely shady business practices, my guess is he was also looking for workers who he believed would be ethically compromised. He wouldn’t want a worker to challenge any “shortcuts” /shady practices he set up. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
difficultgrownup