Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o Prejudice* #101

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Most likely. IANAL but once you have a felony your ability to own firearms is extremely curtailed. It may vary on a state by state basis.
That would be awesome, except, Bare doesn’t think laws apply to him. He just does whatever the heck he pleases. I don’t see anything stopping that narcissist from acquiring weapons illegally to hunt and/or tranquilize bucks to take their rack. The man is obsessed with killing and antlers. I dare say, his entire identity/persona is wrapped up in his ability to kill. Well, then there’s also his obsession with Bob, the CAT.

Weirdo. JMO

I could be wrong. But I don’t believe he will be well received here in Indiana. And it’s only a few miles to Michigan where JL and his family are.
He's got an entire crew of gullible supporters back in Indiana, so I wouldn't be surprised if he did end up back there.

It never ceases to amaze me how people can't see what's right in front of them.

In Media Conf., Did DA Stanley Violate CO. Rules of Professional Conduct?
May 5, 2021, after BM's arrest: ~ 13:46 time mark, reporter poses questions about 1. BM's statements about body, 2. BM retaining counsel. LS responds.

Transcript from youtube.
"13:46
the question was if
the suspect mr morpheu had answered any
of our questions or told us where
suzanne morphy's body is and
13:58
after mr murphy was arrested this
morning
he was taken into custody and he when he
asked questions he said he wanted a
lawyer so all questioning
ended...

has mr murphy retained counsel at
14:13
this point
yes he has retained counsel okay i think...
"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Did her ^ statement violate either of these CO. Rules?

Rule 3.6. Trial Publicity*
"A lawyer who is participating... in the investigation or litigation of a matter shall not make an extrajudicial statement that the lawyer knows or reasonably should know will be disseminated by means of public communication and will have a substantial likelihood of materially prejudicing an adjudicative proceeding in the matter." * sbm bbm

Rule 3.8. Special Responsibilities of a Prosecutor**

"The prosecutor in a criminal case shall:...
(f) except for statements that are necessary to inform the public of the nature and extent of the prosecutor's action and that serve a legitimate law enforcement purpose,
refrain from making extrajudicial comments that have a substantial likelihood of heightening public condemnation of the accused unless such comments are permitted under Rule 3.6(b) or 3.6(c),...." sbm bbm

Thoughts, pls?

But Judge L's venue decision made no mention of ethical rules. Rather, he mentioned a court order, which I for one have never seen and which very respected posters have said did not apply. Does anyone have a dated copy of the order?

Judge M made reference to public statements by the DA as a "self inflicted wound" IIRC, but I don't recall the context. Can anyone help with that?

He's got an entire crew of gullible supporters back in Indiana, so I wouldn't be surprised if he did end up back there.

It never ceases to amaze me how people can't see what's right in front of them.
He also has enemies here. People who knew both Barry and Suzanne. I know his mom is here and that crazy friend who was everywhere on social media defending him but that’s about it. I think most would feel creepy having him around. And just think about old friends who heard about him burying stuff in his front yard.

And remember he wasn’t acquitted. Charges were dropped. That’s a whole other can of worms.

Speaking of burying, didn’t he and Suzanne own seven acres on Puma Path? I always believed Barry had s plan or a vision of where to put Suzanne if she ever got out of line.

Since he is a landscaper, I believe he buried her somewhere on those seven acres and landscaped it in a way that wouldn’t be noticed, and maybe covered with about five feet of snow during Spring.

I have always wondered if LE used heat seeking radar at PP to find Suzanne or if that would even work for a dead body?

Something got dropped connected to the murder but perhaps what remains is documented somewhere in Chaffee County. I still think whatever is left will just get plea bargained but you never know. My guess is the ballot thing where he signed on the witness line might end up fine and probation but not being sure exactly of the other charges I couldn’t guess.

What charge connected to the murder do you think was dropped?

If OP was thinking about Count 4 -- Possession of a Dangerous Weapon (i.e., short rifle), that count was not dropped but severed from the murder charges after it was determined the gun in question could not fire tranquilizer darts.

In addition to the gun charge, BM also has the voter fraud charge pending. IMO, a Colorado precedent was already set for this charge where a conviction by a jury resulted in probation and community service (see link from the prior thread below).

Nonetheless, I do not see where a conviction of any of the remaining charges here results in BM losing his right to hunt, possess weapons, or serve a day in jail. MOO

From BM's criminal complaint of May 18, 2021:

View attachment 340716

This count was severed from the murder case once it was stated that the short-gun could not fire tranquilizer darts.

Standing alone, seems to me that BM has many options for his defense including that the weapon is not illegal in Indiana and he was not a felon in possession.

Nonetheless, as a felony charge in Colorado, I see this charge as more important to BM than his wife!

(Even though recent House Bill 1298 does not prohibit people from continuing to possess firearms they owned before they were convicted of a misdemeanor that temporarily blocks them from purchasing a gun)

Colorado lawmakers blocked some misdemeanor offenders from buying guns. They also made it OK for some felons to own them.

What weapons are illegal in Colorado? (18-12-102 CRS)

CO - CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 #100 *Case dismissed w/o Prejudice*

Most likely. IANAL but once you have a felony your ability to own firearms is extremely curtailed. It may vary on a state by state basis.

https://www.stevenlouth.com/getting-your-gun-rights-back-after-a-felony-conviction/

If you’ve been convicted of a felony offense, you may be able to have your gun rights restored by obtaining a Colorado Governor’s Pardon. This is the public forgiveness of a past crime and will restore some of the rights you lost when you were convicted. In order to obtain a governor’s pardon, you must show good character both during incarceration and after, and you must have completed all of your sentencing, including probation, at least 10 years earlier.

https://www.stevenlouth.com/getting-your-gun-rights-back-after-a-felony-conviction/

If you’ve been convicted of a felony offense, you may be able to have your gun rights restored by obtaining a Colorado Governor’s Pardon. This is the public forgiveness of a past crime and will restore some of the rights you lost when you were convicted. In order to obtain a governor’s pardon, you must show good character both during incarceration and after, and you must have completed all of your sentencing, including probation, at least 10 years earlier.
So you can't have murdered your wife? I mean, been convicted of murdering your wife?

I wonder what they hunt in Costa Rica. Cute girls, maybe?

JMO

I could be wrong. But I don’t believe he will be well received here in Indiana. And it’s only a few miles to Michigan where JL and his family are.
His lawyer said he was going to go to Indiana to visit his mama. Will he go or is he there? Who knows. He's roaming free now, what would it take to set him off? He's a killer, not much.

If I was JL, I would try to get into the witness protection program.

... Judge L's venue decision made no mention of ethical rules. Rather, he mentioned a court order, which I for one have never seen and which very respected posters have said did not apply. Does anyone have a dated copy of the order?
Judge M made reference to public statements by the DA as a "self inflicted wound" IIRC, but I don't recall the context. Can anyone help with that?
@CGray123 bbm sbm for focus. Thanks for your response. I'd also like to see that dated court order.
Which Judge made remarks critical of Prosecutor's public statements, whether on MSM, media conference, soc. media, podcasts, etc. When & why?
And the prosecutor's specific remarks.
Anyone? TiA.

What charge connected to the murder do you think was dropped?

If OP was thinking about Count 4 -- Possession of a Dangerous Weapon (i.e., short rifle), that count was not dropped but severed from the murder charges after it was determined the gun in question could not fire tranquilizer darts.

In addition to the gun charge, BM also has the voter fraud charge pending. IMO, a Colorado precedent was already set for this charge where a conviction by a jury resulted in probation and community service (see link from the prior thread below).

Nonetheless, I do not see where a conviction of any of the remaining charges here results in BM losing his right to hunt, possess weapons, or serve a day in jail. MOO

CO - CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 #100 *Case dismissed w/o Prejudice*
DBM paywall

Ol’ Bare has had his moments, unless you haven’t been paying attention.

Presumably napping at the HIE after having an exhaustive night disposing of a body, etc., etc.

Many ‘moments’ meeting up with Sho Sho for whatever reason.

Many ‘moments’ of probable excitement when he sold joint property.

Many ‘moments’ of pleasure while trying to convince his daughters he is not responsible for killing their mother. He has probably had lots of ‘moments’ since his strategy seems to have worked.

Guess I could go on but it would take too long.
I would guess there are very few that disagree with prosecution claims. The problem is proving those claims. Had prosecution not had their missteps with court set due dates we would be discussing the presentation and rebuttal of those claims.

I would guess there are very few that disagree with prosecution claims. The problem is proving those claims. Had prosecution not had their missteps with court set due dates we would be discussing the presentation and rebuttal of those claims.
I’m not talking about prosecution claims. Did you reply to the wrong post?

How a Husband-Wife MAGA Murder Saga Descended Into Chaos

4/24/22

[..]

That alleged misconduct was detailed in a devastating order issued by Fremont County District Court Judge Ramsey Lama on April 8 in which he blocked the testimony of almost all prosecutorial expert witnesses. It was punishment for what he called the prosecution’s “arguably reckless” pattern of violating discovery rules.

Among the offenses, according to Lama’s order: repeatedly missing court deadlines, failing to turn over material evidence, misrepresenting evidence, and even hiding DNA found in Suzanne’s car from the defense.

“They never had a case,” Iris Eytan, one of Morphew’s lawyers, told The Daily Beast. “They knew last year that they did not have enough to file charges and they have been trying to manipulate and hide evidence to make their case work ever since.”

Eytan added that she was not sweating the prospect of prosecutors refiling the murder charges against Morphew, and that Morphew was not worried about it either. Instead, she said, he was focused on finding Suzanne and the separate case involving the 2020 ballot.

“He needs his moment. He needs to catch his breath,” the lawyer said, noting that Morphew’s daughters have been steadfast in maintaining their father’s innocence; they have repeatedly appeared with him in public since the charges. “Barry is just focused on his family, going to see his mom in Indiana, and finding his wife.”

[..]

The Morphew family and the 11th Judicial District Attorney’s office did not respond to requests for comment on this story. The Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office said in a statement to The Daily Beast that the investigation into what happened to Suzanne Morphew was ongoing—and thus they could not share any details.
BBM
HAHAhahaha
Since when has BM focused on ever finding his wife, Suzanne?

UGH-- Keep spreading the lies ...
Oh, and please let us know WHEN BM is out looking for his wife...Inquiring minds want to know :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper