Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o Prejudice* #103

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But she wouldn't take her purse, cash, ID and medical card? And if she bolted, why not wait til after her doctor's appointment on Monday? And why even take the phone at all?? If I was "bolting" I would leave my phone right there. Any reasonable explanation I can make for one event or piece of evidence is overshadowed by all the other events that took place that weekend. Mainly, the fact that Barry comes home and Suzanne stops communicating.

But she wouldn't take her purse, cash, ID and medical card? And if she bolted, why not wait til after her doctor's appointment on Monday? And why even take the phone at all?? If I was "bolting" I would leave my phone right there. Any reasonable explanation I can make for one event or piece of evidence is overshadowed by all the other events that took place that weekend. Mainly, the fact that Barry comes home and Suzanne stops communicating.
Exactly. Find an innocent explanation for something, and you have other things to contradict it.

I wouldn't think she would take anything identifying like ID or insurance card. And LE said there was just alittle cash in that purse. If I recall her Monday doctor appointment was routine post treatment so not necessarily essential like needing a chemo infusion. Barry says $70,000 is missing from the garage safe. Really the big point is that it would give prosecution a much stronger foundation if they could without question say she is deceased....e.g. find her. Without that her conversations about Ecuador and texts with JL about going silent while the divorce discussions were going on, her missing journal and phone and charger...there's enough that a good defense lawyer could argue that prosecution doesn't even know if she's deceased. But I don't think it's headed anytime soon near trial until they can better prove she is deceased IMO. Whether you believe either one story or another it's all going to come down to any future trial and tying up the lose ends of the original trial I think.

I wouldn't think she would take anything identifying like ID or insurance card. And LE said there was just alittle cash in that purse. Barry says $70,000 is missing from the garage safe. Really the big point is that it would give prosecution a much stronger foundation if they could without question say she is deceased....e.g. find her. Without that her conversations about Ecuador and texts with JL about going silent while the divorce discussions were going on, her missing journal and phone and charger...there's enough that a good defense lawyer could argue that prosecution doesn't even know if she's deceased.

<Mod note - fixed broken quote from Scootie98, sorry it doesn't look like the others>
CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o Prejudice* #103

LE says they never found the towel, so the question remains if it was a current towel from that house and if the picture was taken that day. If it was an older picture the towel could have been from anywhere and if that picture wasn't taken that day it could have been taken anywhere (there have been conflicting reports about temps and weather that day). I think some of it has all just been assumed from documents. There is evidence that the picture was sent that day however and the inference from data as far as LE is concerned is that Suzanne sent it.
CBI is really pretty sharp and for evidence of proof of life, this tells me they know when the photo was taken as well as when it was transmitted to JL. JMO

CBI is really pretty sharp and for evidence of proof of life, this tells me they know when the photo was taken as well as when it was transmitted to JL. JMO
Yeah. It would be based on the photo metadata, or something else that confirms when it was actually taken.

They're not stupid. They know that anyone can send a photo that was taken well before it was sent.

ETA: The defense didn't attempt to contradict the timing of the photo during the prelim, which says they could not..

Last edited:
BBM

That, to me, is one of the most damning things. BM comes home that afternoon, Suzanne goes dark forever.

It's almost like the earth opened up and swallowed her.

I hope they are planning on some searches soon, if they have a genuine idea of her location.

I hope BM has a very fretful, paranoid summer, always waiting and watching. I hope he jumps every time his phone pings unexpectedly. Although I kind of doubt LE would give him, or his attorneys, any sort of heads up for an arrest.

I've been reading about the hellish story about little Noah McIntosh, murder charges but no body. Poor boy has never been found....

But a word jumped out at me. Muriatic. Muriatic acid, also known as hydrochloric acid.

Can't help but ask if Mr. Morphew, in this case and on 5/9, didn't have a dalliance with hydrochloric acid that day. That'd be a chore, getting that stench out of your pores.

I further ask if his strategy -- you know, too soon -- had anything to do with chemical burns/hyper sensitivity to his eyes. Who would question bloodshot eyes, what with all the grieving... but the video? Did he have to wait a week so he could lose the shades?

Muriatic acid is nasty stuff.

Bet something like that could eat right through a Yeti in time.

JMO

Last edited:
It just hit me.

The brownish substance?

Did Barry, ever the handyman, pick 5/9 for some unscheduled home maintenance? Namely doorjam repair? Doin' a little wood stainin', were ya, Barry? What color would that be? Burnt Oak? Rocky Mountain Red Pine?

Heck, it might've still been tacky to the touch when Officers brought him into PP.

Did you have to swap out a door, Barr? Steal trim from a less conscipuous doorway? Bet that style is pretty common too -- if he had access to a nearby home or rental, for instance. Just sayin'.

Maybe we don't know the half of what that door and frame looked like. After 2:47 on 5/9 of MDW, 2020.

Guy like Barry, he's not gonna take a 'no' -- or a door -- for an answer.

JMO

I've been reading about the hellish story about little Noah McIntosh, murder charges but no body. Poor boy has never been found....

But a word jumped out at me. Muriatic. Muriatic acid, also known as hydrochloric acid.

Can't help but ask if Mr. Morphew, in this case and on 5/9, didn't have a dalliance with hydrochloric acid that day. That'd be a chore, getting that stench out of your pores.

I further ask if his strategy -- you know, too soon -- had anything to do with chemical burns/hyper sensitivity to his eyes. Who would question bloodshot eyes, what with all the grieving... but the video? Did he have to wait a week so he could lose the shades?

Muriatic acid is nasty stuff.

Bet something like that could eat right through a Yeti in time.

JMO
Thanks and I always love when you think outside the box!

Replying to myself to add that I just noticed that KT is also among the nominees for District Judge !

She was the former DA who lost the election to Linda Stanley in November 2020.

Here is when she was appointed to DA in June 2019:

Yes.

It's worth pointing out that they prosecution does not have to exclude fanciful possibilities.

There is no evidence to support the idea she has run off.

It's an abductor or BM. But abductor does not fit the circumstantial evidence.

We are still waiting for anyone to explain how an abduction can explain the evidence that does not involve a series of bizarre & improbable coincidences

That, to me, is one of the most damning things. BM comes home that afternoon, Suzanne goes dark forever.

It's almost like the earth opened up and swallowed her.

RSBM

To me that is plainly the fatal flaw in the defence abduction scenario

It's just too much of a coincidence that she went AWOL on saturday, before then unfortunately getting abducted on Sunday

Her digital presence was expected by other people on both Saturday and Sunday, yet she didn't even read messages on both days. Even if the abductor strikes before she wakes up on sunday, it can't explain saturday.

Someone asked how we each approach cases and this is how I do it

I can't come up with any reasonable explanation for the evidence where BM is innocent

The circumstantial web is too powerful
Exactly. In order to believe Barry is innocent, you'd have to ignore dozens of pieces of evidence, make insane leaps of logic, and then put all your money on a scenario that is not only completely unsupported, but unprecedented.

Exactly. In order to believe Barry is innocent, you'd have to ignore dozens of pieces of evidence, make insane leaps of logic, and then put all your money on a scenario that is not only completely unsupported, but unprecedented.

It's like on the Pistorius case.

You'd have to believe multiple witnesses mistakenly saw and heard Pistorius shooting his girlfriend to death during a domestic, but by some strange coincidence, he actually did shoot her to death only 5 mins earlier.

In this case, SM seemed to go missing on saturday, but by some strange coincidence, actually really was abducted on sunday after Barry just happened to run off in the middle of the night

Completely plausible!

RSBM

To me that is plainly the fatal flaw in the defence abduction scenario

It's just too much of a coincidence that she went AWOL on saturday, before then unfortunately getting abducted on Sunday

Her digital presence was expected by other people on both Saturday and Sunday, yet she didn't even read messages on both days. Even if the abductor strikes before she wakes up on sunday, it can't explain saturday.
He said he was asleep. He moved all night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amber42