Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o Prejudice* #103

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Brief excerpt in order to tie-in a correspondingly brief question:

Q:
Once an alert is displayed, [here, the cab], would/could a K9 be expected to discern and alert once more for a less-pronounced scent in very close proximity, [here, the bucket] ?

G: { guess} No. [ Ergo, the bucket may not be pristine ? ]

Anyone?
Anyone?

TY, very much, IA

Actually, what OP's quoting is from my own notes from the AA where the AA stated a K9 tried to sit on the driver seat inside the cab of Bobcat. I did not interpret this action as the equivalent of a "Hit" for human remains (such as the "Hit" described on the top of the trailer bed at the loose dirt/gravel). Both this and my quoted notes are MOO.

Thanks so much! So, the first row is military time and the third is UTC? I had forgotten the use of UTC in the data.
All times in the table are written in military time representation. (So you won't see AM and PM; each day is represented in a 24 hour time period. 9AM is represented as 09:00 hours; 9PM is represented as 21:00 hours)

The 1st column is local time and the 4th column is UTC time. UTC time was downloaded from the truck. Local time was calculated from the UTC time by subtracting 6 hours. Both of these times are shown in military time representation.

Hope this helps.

Governor Jared Polis Makes County and District Court Judicial Appointments | Colorado Governor Jared Polis

Apologize if this has been posted already. It looks like Kaitlyn Turner is replacing the soon to be former judge llama. I guess the good news is she certainly knows a lot about the case. I don’t know much about her except iirc she thought the case was not ready to move forward?
Seems like she was probably correct about that, given that CBI still didn't think the case was ready to file 6 months after the election.

She seemed quite well-liked by the Sheriffs in the district. IIRC, 3 of the 4 publicly endorsed her over LS despite her being a Democrat and them being Republicans.

Either way, I think there's very little chance she'll be the judge if Barry's case gets refiled. Her work on the case as DA would seem like an obvious conflict of interest.

Seems like she was probably correct about that, given that CBI still didn't think the case was ready to file 6 months after the election.

She seemed quite well-liked by the Sheriffs in the district. IIRC, 3 of the 4 publicly endorsed her over LS despite her being a Democrat and them being Republicans.

Either way, I think there's very little chance she'll be the judge if Barry's case gets refiled. Her work on the case as DA would seem like an obvious conflict of interest.
She smartly made her Twitter account private a while back, as it's not exactly something you'd expect to see from a future judge...

Good afternoon, each and all. :)

Patience, please, as I re-phrase my penultimate post, # 573.

Q:
Once a K9 alert/hit is displayed, ...
  • Generally/Normally/Usually, ["GNU"] ...but neither the software collection nor the large black African antelope :rolleyes:
  • would/could said K9 be expected to discern and alert/hit
  • seperately/distinctly
  • on a less-pronounced scent
  • in very close proximity to the first alert ?
MG: {My Guess}
No.

Anyone?
Anyone?

TY, very much, IA

I know that you were not the original poster of the timing of the truck backing up, but just want to make sure we are working from the same data. I believe that the truck was backed up at 9:26 PM. Can anyone say where the 11:25 PM time came from?
View attachment 352147

Yes, next activity is car door stuff. He started opening and closing doors again at 3:25 AM on May 10. Local time is in the left column with the date. I never noticed this before but the driver door was open from 9:26 PM to 3:25 AM the next morning, when he closed it. Wouldn't the battery be getting low on the vehicle from leaving the doors open for hours on end?

Thanks to @sk716 for pulling this data from Other defense exhibits admitted for the preliminary hearing
2020-05-09 21:25:38Morphew HomeGear ShiftGear Shift to Reverse at 2020-05-10 03:25:38to Reverse
2020-05-09 21:26:02Morphew HomeGear ShiftGear Shift to Park at 2020-05-10 03:26:02to Park
2020-05-09 21:35:29Morphew HomeDoorPassenger door was closed at 2020-05-10 03:35:29closed
2020-05-09 21:36:11Morphew HomeDoorDriver door was opened at 2020-05-10 03:36:11opened
2020-05-09 21:51:46Morphew HomeDoorDriver door was closed at 2020-05-10 03:51:46closed
2020-05-09 21:52:11Morphew HomeDoorDriver door was opened at 2020-05-10 03:52:11opened
2020-05-10 03:25:39Morphew HomeDoorDriver door was closed.at 2020-05-10 09:25:39closed
2020-05-10 03:26:14Morphew HomeDoorPassenger door was opened at 2020-06-10 09:26:14opened
2020-05-10 03:32:46Morphew HomeDoorPassenger door was closed at 2020-05-10 09:32:46closed
2020-05-10 03:33:06Morphew HomeDoorPassenger door was opened at 2020-05-10 09:33:06opened
2020-05-10 03:43:25Morphew HomeDoorPassenger door was closed at 2020-05-10 09:43:25closed
2020-05-10 03:43:46Morphew HomeDoorPassenger door was opened at 2020-05-10 09:43:46opened
2020-05-10 03:49:12Morphew HomeDoorDriver door was opened at 2020-05-10 09:49:12opened
2020-05-10 08:10:04Near RTD Bus StopOdometerOdometer Read 385434 Kilometers (239509 Miles) at 2020-05-10 14:10:04Read
I have many questions about the truck telematics so has been looking forward to more detail at trial.

This is a good question, but I am not sure of the outcome of the conflict of interest analysis. I would need to know more about the positions her office took in the investigation. If all that happened was routine advice about day to day matters, she may not be conflicted. If she was asked by the SO to prosecute and refused, LS may well think she's conflicted off the case. IMO, the DA would be better off removing SD as a witness so Judge M could take the case.

This is a good question, but I am not sure of the outcome of the conflict of interest analysis. I would need to know more about the positions her office took in the investigation. If all that happened was routine advice about day to day matters, she may not be conflicted. If she was asked by the SO to prosecute and refused, LS may well think she's conflicted off the case. IMO, the DA would be better off removing SD as a witness so Judge M could take the case.
Any one taking bets that it will get to trial again while LS is still in office

(Referencing the video).... I wish that media outlets were careful to phrase it fully --

The charges against him -- the man, Mr. Morphew, BM, Barry M -- weren't  dismissed, they were dismissed with prejudice.

I'd like to see that on a billboard.

But then, I'm big on THE TRUTH.

JMO
Quoting mineself because I missed the edit window and I'm pretty sure I said it wrong!

Should be: dismissed without prejudice!

(Right? Still free to have charges brought against. )

So now it's just a matter of when.

And until that day, may there be no rest for the guilty.

JMO

Any one taking bets that it will get to trial again while LS is still in office
I'm thinking two to three years out - maybe early in her second term. She remains popular, it seems. This is Bobert country, after all.

But I think she knows she has to ask Judge M to appoint a special prosecutor. It's the only hope that the old accusations of prosecutorial misconduct don't arise when the case is misfiled.

Thinking about DNA, or lack thereof, on the bike, the helmet, and the dart sheath cap. I'm hoping someone with some expertise can chime in, but here are my thoughts with knowledge gleaned from Google.

Unlike DNA from bodily fluids, touch DNA is very very delicate and rapidly deteriorates as it comes from skin cells transfered to an object by contact. Such DNA is minute, and quickly degrades, or can be blown away when exposed to the elements for any length of time.

This would account for the lack of Barry's DNA on the bike, the helmet, and the tranquilizer dart sheath cap.

It's understandable that some trace DNA could/would be retained on a porous surface like the bike seat and the inside of the bike helmet, as such surfaces provide some level of protection. But on smooth surfaces like the metal on a bike, a dart sheath cap, or the hard shell of a bike helmet, there is nothing to hold the skin cells in place.

The fact that Barry's DNA was ONLY found on the bike seat (porous surface) does NOT mean that he only held the seat and therefore he couldn't have thrown it down the hill. He could have, and I think did, touch the bike in multiple locations without a trace of DNA remaining as the bike was left outdoors for hours. Remember, Barry supposedly removed the bike from the Land Rover and he wouldn't have done so by only handling the bike seat. Same with the helmet.

The tranquilizer dart sheath cap went through a cycle of the washing machine and the dryer. Had it done this alone, no DNA would be found. But in both cases, it had company. Bed sheets and Barry's shorts were both found in the dryer along with the sheath cap. Both would contain DNA, most likely left from bodily fluids. Had the sheath cap been in contact mostly with the sheets, which is the most likely scenario (sheets seem to swallow everything in the dryer), it would make perfect sense that the surviving DNA found on the sheath cap would have been transferred from the sheets. This would perfectly match the DNA results that were found on the sheath cap.

With this long winded post, I'm hoping to persuade those who use the lack of Barry's DNA found on those objects as exculpatory evidence against the prosecution's case. It's not, and I hope I've shown why.

MOO

Quoting mineself because I missed the edit window and I'm pretty sure I said it wrong!

Should be: dismissed without prejudice!

(Right? Still free to have charges brought against. )

So now it's just a matter of when.

And until that day, may there be no rest for the guilty.

JMO
I would bet money that the longer description would be interpreted the exact opposite of what it means by the general public and why media just used “dismissed” which is accurate and less confusing for the public.

I’m more inclined to think it’s fear. He knows they are coming for him, it’s only a matter of time. Warms my heart :)
MOO, naturally!
I hope he second guesses every phone call, vacation, job, and interaction he has with others. I hope he fears every day that his phone is bugged or those he is interacting with are wearing a wire. He will mess up, he will get complacent and I think he will be recharged and go to trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member