Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* #105

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Omg! Literally just jumped off Idaho thread after thinking thank goodness Iris is in a completely different state otherwise her flappy chops would be moving nineteen to the dozen about soddi, to read this.

NO IRIS, SOME OTHER DUDE DIDN'T DO IT

jmoo

I get that defence attorneys have to run SODDI but I am concerned at the constant pushing of baseless conspiracies in respect of good faith police work - this undermines rule of law and public institutions!

By all means hold power to account when they mess up, but intentionally misleading the public about the Idaho case, for your own personal gain? Wow.

There is no suggestion that anyone was railroaded and the way IE attempts to smear room mates who are victims of this crime? Oh dear.

I get that defence attorneys have to run SODDI but I am concerned at the constant pushing of baseless conspiracies in respect of good faith police work - this undermines rule of law and public institutions!

By all means hold power to account when they mess up, but intentionally misleading the public about the Idaho case, for your own personal gain? Wow.

There is no suggestion that anyone was railroaded and the way IE attempts to smear room mates who are victims of this crime? Oh dear.

Is there not a professional code of conduct that she is breaching, particularly in regards to smearing victims? I find it just disgusting and really heartless that she did so.

moo

ebm

Last edited:
You guys are being too hard on Iris and her flimsy relationship with the truth. She made it into USA today and that's what counts, not the content!

(sarcasm)
BK's case has her name all over it and I won't be surprised if she puts together a volunteer team to represent him.

Let's just say that IE got her name out there and now BK now knows her name.

And his mother is getting her number! MOO

Last edited:
BK's case has her name all over it and I won't be surprised if she puts together a volunteer team to represent him.

I wouldn't put it past her. She's probably working on it now.

JMO

Since BK has already waived his right to a speedy prelim, IE won't get a chance to run quite the same tactics in Idaho that she did in Colorado. The prosecution at least should get a chance to organize the evidence and comply with discovery requirements. I hope they have the resources to get that done: Moscow, Idaho is about the size of Canon City and Salida combined, so it's an open question about resources.

Also, IE's not on the state approved list of capital trial - qualified attorneys, one of whom must represent the indigent defendant according to Idaho law. But I have no doubt that any offer of assistance to Idaho trial counsel would be welcome. They may even know each other already.

Since BK has already waived his right to a speedy prelim, IE won't get a chance to run quite the same tactics in Idaho that she did in Colorado. The prosecution at least should get a chance to organize the evidence and comply with discovery requirements. I hope they have the resources to get that done: Moscow, Idaho is about the size of Canon City and Salida combined, so it's an open question about resources.

Also, IE's not on the state approved list of capital trial - qualified attorneys, one of whom must represent the indigent defendant according to Idaho law. But I have no doubt that any offer of assistance to Idaho trial counsel would be welcome. They may even know each other already.

The difference I see today is IE's not under the gag order so until anything is official, she can command an audience to speculate, which is her preference. JMO

ETA: We know she already went after a witness/victim, I also wonder if she'll next attack the prosecutor. From her new website, she recently established a new project "Protect Ethical Prosecutors (PEP), pending 501(c)(4) status. She plans to reform laws around the country that will put a stop to "rampant prosecutorial conduct."

Last edited:
The difference I see today is IE's not under the gag order so until anything is official, she can command an audience to speculate, which is her preference. JMO

ETA: We know she already went after a witness/victim, I also wonder if she'll next attack the prosecutor. From her new website, she recently established a new project "Protect Ethical Prosecutors (PEP), pending 501(c)(4) status. She plans to reform laws around the country that will put a stop to "rampant prosecutorial conduct."

The 2nd paragraph! Wrongful and false charges against Barry.
There was far more evidence of Barry's alleged 1st Degree Murder charge than there was that Suzanne voluntarily disappeared, or soddi, or mountain lion, bobcats and so on. :mad:
She's making my blood boil with her 'rampant' bending of the truth.

imo

Omg! Literally just jumped off Idaho thread after thinking thank goodness Iris is in a completely different state otherwise her flappy chops would be moving nineteen to the dozen about soddi, to read this.

NO IRIS, SOME OTHER DUDE DIDN'T DO IT

jmoo

"... o/w fc's moving 19 - doz. ..." ? ? ?

A kweshun'? Pweez??

Nahmee nebahhoida 'distyng, t'wit:
"Phwabi-jowlz go'in '
neintyn 'ta 'da duhzn' " ...
o_O

Nebahhoidit, myneya'!... but dat'z Bwilliunt! Twoolee bwill !

So'dweare imdis'ooniverse yoo 'an 'dis v-:cool: fwaze bee phwum?

The 2nd paragraph! Wrongful and false charges against Barry.
There was far more evidence of Barry's alleged 1st Degree Murder charge than there was that Suzanne voluntarily disappeared, or soddi, or mountain lion, bobcats and so on. :mad:
She's making my blood boil with her 'rampant' bending of the truth.

imo
Yeah, that 2nd paragraph! It was the prosecutor who decided to dismiss charges, it wasn’t something she ‘won’. She is very full of herself. I bet if there was a random poll of people familiar with this case, the majority would say he is guilty.

Is there not a professional code of conduct that she is breaching, particularly in regards to smearing victims? I find it just disgusting and really heartless that she did so.

moo

ebm

The course was labeled "Professional Responsibility" and was a prerequisite for graduation and conferral of the degree Juris Doctor, J.D., (formerly in the U.S., the degree LL.B.). This was my recalled experience at USD Law ('73-'76).
[What Ms. Eytan's recalled experience at the selfsame law school decades later I cannot know. I am extremely grateful, however, that this event was a good many decades later :D .

Ms.Eytan - clear to us all - keys to "ethics" as the figurehead of her public self-promotion, and in court seems to be a never under-utilized notion in her 'presentments'.

I am comfortable here offering broadly...
... that one's ethics, simply put, just "are". If you are human, you have them. They trigger, or signal, to you and to your observers where you fall with regard to your forming and acting upon a course of chosen behavior. Personally, I think the actor senses well in advance of his audience when he is - or may not be - behaving 'ethically'. The 'signal', of course, is not a "red light" or "no trespassing for any reason" shutdown. Of course, this is because of our Free Will. :oops:

Allow me to make this summary judgment as to Ms. Eytan's behavior and ethics as I have understood these to be:

I think attorney Eytan sails too close to the wind when it comes to action(s) she considers a zealous defense and what society may not unsurprisingly consider to be acts of "moral turpitude".
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

moral turpitude​

A phrase that describes wicked, deviant behavior constituting an immoral, unethical, or unjust departure from ordinary social standards such that it would shock a community.
In criminal law, the law sorts criminal activity into categories of crime either involving or not involving moral turpitude. The phrase moral turpitude itself has not been clearly delineated by courts, owing in part to amorphous, relative, and various conceptions of morality. Courts however, such as in United States ex rel. Manzanella v. Zimmerman, have commonly quoted the following in order to describe conduct that involves moral turpitude: “An act of baseness, vileness, or depravity in the private and social duties which a man owes to his fellow men, or to society in general, contrary to the accepted and customary rule of right and duty between man and man.”
In legal ethics, an attorney who commits an act of moral turpitude is no longer deemed fit to practice law and may face sanctions. For example, an attorney may be disbarred for committing an act of moral turpitude in California, under Standard 2.11, Title IV of the Rules of Procedure of the State Bar of California. Per Standard 2.15(a), if an attorney is convicted of a felony where either the offense or the facts and circumstances of the offense involved moral turpitude, the attorney is subject to summary disbarment. Standard 2.15(b) stipulates sanctions of either disbarment or actual suspension if an attorney was convicted of a misdemeanor involving moral turpitude.
[Last updated in June of 2020 by the Wex Definitions Team]
________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thus, it seems to me that wrt the "legal ethics" paragraph, supra., one does not reach the question of moral turpitude and/or consideration of disbarment until one is first convicted of some "underlying" offense, the attendant circumstances of which evidence aspects of moral turpitude...

uhhhh... sound familiar?
... perhaps analogous to circumstances of spousal abuse as a matter in aggravation, not a felony in and of itself, but a circumstance permissible to consider in the determination of an 'appropriate' sentence.:confused:

Whaaa?!?

What's legally objectionable about:

Nahhh...
Thanks Iris, but...
...well, I don't care for the cut of your jib.
And you are always just sailing too close to the wind.
And, ya' know, the slightest change in sea state or breeze, may cause you to jibe,
With da' boom taking off the heads of 'dos in the cockpit,
n' prolly striking and carrying away your Mains'l shrouds, n'
If the main don't go,
n' with little way-on,
dat vinn abaff yur beam ca' jus plow yer bowsprit
n' denn and you jus' may...

The course was labeled "Professional Responsibility" and was a prerequisite for graduation and conferral of the degree Juris Doctor, J.D., (formerly in the U.S., the degree LL.B.). This was my recalled experience at USD Law ('73-'76).
[What Ms. Eytan's recalled experience at the selfsame law school decades later I cannot know. I am extremely grateful, however, that this event was a good many decades later :D .

Ms.Eytan - clear to us all - keys to "ethics" as the figurehead of her public self-promotion, and in court seems to be a never under-utilized notion in her 'presentments'.

I am comfortable here offering broadly...
... that one's ethics, simply put, just "are". If you are human, you have them. They trigger, or signal, to you and to your observers where you fall with regard to your forming and acting upon a course of chosen behavior. Personally, I think the actor senses well in advance of his audience when he is - or may not be - behaving 'ethically'. The 'signal', of course, is not a "red light" or "no trespassing for any reason" shutdown. Of course, this is because of our Free Will. :oops:

Allow me to make this summary judgment as to Ms. Eytan's behavior and ethics as I have understood these to be:

I think attorney Eytan sails too close to the wind when it comes to action(s) she considers a zealous defense and what society may not unsurprisingly consider to be acts of "moral turpitude".
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

moral turpitude​

A phrase that describes wicked, deviant behavior constituting an immoral, unethical, or unjust departure from ordinary social standards such that it would shock a community.
In criminal law, the law sorts criminal activity into categories of crime either involving or not involving moral turpitude. The phrase moral turpitude itself has not been clearly delineated by courts, owing in part to amorphous, relative, and various conceptions of morality. Courts however, such as in United States ex rel. Manzanella v. Zimmerman, have commonly quoted the following in order to describe conduct that involves moral turpitude: “An act of baseness, vileness, or depravity in the private and social duties which a man owes to his fellow men, or to society in general, contrary to the accepted and customary rule of right and duty between man and man.”
In legal ethics, an attorney who commits an act of moral turpitude is no longer deemed fit to practice law and may face sanctions. For example, an attorney may be disbarred for committing an act of moral turpitude in California, under Standard 2.11, Title IV of the Rules of Procedure of the State Bar of California. Per Standard 2.15(a), if an attorney is convicted of a felony where either the offense or the facts and circumstances of the offense involved moral turpitude, the attorney is subject to summary disbarment. Standard 2.15(b) stipulates sanctions of either disbarment or actual suspension if an attorney was convicted of a misdemeanor involving moral turpitude.
[Last updated in June of 2020 by the Wex Definitions Team]
________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thus, it seems to me that wrt the "legal ethics" paragraph, supra., one does not reach the question of moral turpitude and/or consideration of disbarment until one is first convicted of some "underlying" offense, the attendant circumstances of which evidence aspects of moral turpitude...

uhhhh... sound familiar?
... perhaps analogous to circumstances of spousal abuse as a matter in aggravation, not a felony in and of itself, but a circumstance permissible to consider in the determination of an 'appropriate' sentence.:confused:

Thanks! :)
Moral turpitude - one to remember.
She sails right into the wind sometimes not just close to it, but that's jmo, i do accept that as a defence attorney she evidently does her job well.
moo

Just NO.
Because I think that is exactly what she is doing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member