Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* #107

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good point, @Puzzles8.

Perhaps BM disposed of Suzanne's remains 'in proper' in some mine shaft or hidey hole way out yonder, but also disposed of "some wrappings" of her remains in those trash bins?

Like gloves and (eek) trash bags and the hypodermic needle he used to inject her with a tranquilizer, and other stuff that got carried away the next morning or within a few days off to the landfill from the trash cans in Broomfield or elsewhere between there (where he killed her, and/or disposed of her body) and there (the trash cans located on his way to his "work site").

JMO
It happened even, that a dead person got hidden in a hollow tree once. Are there possibly hollow trees within the idyllic areas?

<modsnip: The Sun is no longer an approved source at Websleuths>

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't get past this:

Barry had about 12 hours.

By about 3 pm, the deadly deed was likely done, by 3 am he was back on the radar, give or take. There was time for burning things -- so maybe time for going through files, deciding what to keep and what to burn and what to bring with him, time to read or not read Suzanne's journal, time to gather coolers. We know there were periods of activity by vehicle data, namely around 10pm and 3/4am. Backing up the truck, much door opening, respectively. That leaves before or after 10 pm for concealment. Was he done by 11 and did in fact sleep for 4 hours? Or did he head out sometime after 10?

If he made a beeline for a known location and it was a dump and run, why all the time? What took so long? It's that. What took so long? Did he use ff equipment and rappel into a mine? Did he dig his way into a sealed one somehow and then re-seal it? Did he seal an unsealed one and LE has walked right past it, assuming it among the counted? Did he hitch his trailer to someone else's truck, take his Bobcat with a borrowed SIM card and an auger attachment and dig, not into frozen ground, but through 10 feet of snow and bury her well above the frost line?

He was gone a long time. IMO he didn't go far, so whatever he did, it was a lot of work, it had to be.

Jmo

I am more than several days of posts behind, per usual. Barry played a dangerous game by using the siblings against Suzanne. She is gone. He's all they have but come on! $15M

Barry and Suzanne went for a period of time before she was murdered when they did not communicate. I should have done my research to see how long of a period this included. They had recently started back texting and calling one another when she was killed.

It was during their silent time apart, I believe, Barry began premeditating this crime against his wife, the love of his life. Barry knew she was done without her telling him. He knew her better than she knew herself. He discovered the perfect hiding place for his bride. I pray she can be found. #ShineBrightForSuzanne

Barry denied Suzanne the right to experience the thrill of living with someone who adores her. Barry stripped Suzanne of her right to see her daughters fall in love and marry. He's corrupted their thinking with his wily ways just as Suzanne knew he would. MDW, he decided, would be the right time to end her life. When they returned to communicating again, he already had a plan and a solid destination for Suzanne.

https://denvergazette.com/news/courts/barry-morphew-suzanne-first-degree-murder/article_0fdb5280-1510-11ee-b513-47311eaa0f30.html
On Aug. 25, 2019, she wrote “I feel no peace when he’s here. I don’t know what to do. I don’t feel safe around him. He’s lost my trust. He will do anything to come out looking good.”
“It’s been hard dealing with the harsh abrasiveness and having to show respect. He’s also been abusive, emotionally and physically,” she texted her older sister May 8, 2020
JMO

If I could have the FBI's ear for a minute, I'd ask

Did they track BM to Backhoe Joe's property in the weeks before and after MDW? (All BM needed was a spare SIM, a spare Bobcat, or a spare attachment.)

Did they get the telematics for Wendy Bobcat BM had access to. Clever way to "park" his Bobcat and steal someone else's Bobcat minutes to hide his wife.

Could BM have legged it to the firecsmp? What would have been available to him there? Did he have access? Could he have bought someone off in order to get access?

Some fire stations must stock tranquilizers and reversing agents, especially in mountainous areas with dangerous wildlife, I'd think. Did LE check the statistics and levels central to BM's haunting ground?

If BM hoofed it from PP to the fire station or firecamp, what vehicles could be have taken from there?

Is there a way to get past the traffic cams at Monarch? Back roads?

The neighbors who were away, did their vehicles get tested? For cadaverine, for GPS data?

If BM left PP on foot with nothing but a cooler, he could've covered quite a distance. Fireman's carry and all.

Did BM have access to an or have an auger of his own? Where is it?

If BM knew of a mine from previous years that was snowed over in May, he didn't need to auger into frozen ground, just like IE threw out there. He could've angered thru snow, like a good ice fisher. What's the diameter of an auger? Different sizes, I suppose. But in guessing there's a size that's just the right size for a petite woman's shoulders...

Use the mine, barry her in with snow.

See, the thing about where he left her, there aren't too many people in the whole universe who could do it. Other husbands sadly have motives of their own but few have BM's skillset. He's one of very few who'd have the capacity and equipment to un-inter her -- which he's not going to do, nor is he forthcoming about how to go about it.

If BM wants the world to think the murderer is still out there (and that it's not him), why isn't he proffered his knowledge, time and skills ? How does he know his imaginary culprit didn't mineshaft his wife? Nope, don't look up there, I already checked. Nope, didn't do any excavation, nope not me. Well, BM, maybe bushy mountain man had a bobcat...

I wish cheap BM kept the cooler/s. I think he actually might have planned to, hence the potential stench of bleach. Thought twice and pitched them.

First pause, near MG's place, for a dumpster....then off to Broomfield and a field of dumpsters....

It's not too late to entrap his tongue with fresh vehicle data.

Jmo

1688974044223.png

Whenever I read about SM's remains ending up in the Broomfield trash bins, I'm reminded of 81- year-old Gail Wilson of Lakewood, murdered in his home in October 2021, and his body has never been recovered.

According to one of the three defendants arrested for his murder, Wilson's body was disposed of in several dumpsters around Denver.

RBBM

Which makes me wonder . . . if cadaver dogs were brought in to check those Broomfield trash bins.

JMVHO.
I don't think he transported a body or worse body parts to Broomfield. I think no matter what happened if that were true there would have been some evidence in his truck or on the home property. I've always thought and said before, it is possible that someone else transported her somewhere because of all the driveway activity. We have nothing that would tell us if there was another car in that driveway that night. Only that there was activity going on with Barry's truck. The trip to Broomfield was always in play for a Monday start but why he left so early in the morning is suspect. He could have left in the afternoon or early evening.

I don't think he transported a body or worse body parts to Broomfield. I think no matter what happened if that were true there would have been some evidence in his truck or on the home property. I've always thought and said before, it is possible that someone else transported her somewhere because of all the driveway activity. We have nothing that would tell us if there was another car in that driveway that night. Only that there was activity going on with Barry's truck. The trip to Broomfield was always in play for a Monday start but why he left so early in the morning is suspect. He could have left in the afternoon or early evening.
When you say "someone else" are you implying an accessory to Barry murdering her and hiding her body, or do you mean someone completely seperate from Barry?

When you say "someone else" are you implying an accessory to Barry murdering her and hiding her body, or do you mean someone completely seperate from Barry?
I have always wondered with all the late night driveway activity if someone else was involved. Everyone has speculative theories and this has always been mine with respect to finding Suzanne. I've always found it interesting he sold the house and property. Seems the inverse of what someone might do if they had a body on their property as they effectively lose control of the property, so I've always speculated she is not on the property...just my personal speculation and questions.

I have always wondered with all the late night driveway activity if someone else was involved. Everyone has speculative theories and this has always been mine with respect to finding Suzanne. I've always found it interesting he sold the house and property. Seems the inverse of what someone might do if they had a body on their property as they effectively lose control of the property, so I've always speculated she is not on the property...just my personal speculation and questions.
I've never really thought she was on the property, but have wondered previously if his dumpster girlfriend was involved. I kind of doubt there'd be an accomplice though, or they'd have been arrested along with Barry. Or, one would think, anyway.

jmo

I've never really thought she was on the property, but have wondered previously if his dumpster girlfriend was involved. I kind of doubt there'd be an accomplice though, or they'd have been arrested along with Barry. Or, one would think, anyway.

jmo
I have a thought that the dumpster girlfriend is the reason we are seeing this round of suits from IE for BM. She did leave him recently? I thought it may be to try and distract from someone going to LE and speaking there mind.

IMO, BM will take SM's location with him to his grave. However, if you go back to the earlier threads, some adopted the theory that BM did not know SM's location because an unnamed party (an accessory) was responsible for her disposal. I think this theory was popular on FB. MOO

IMO, BM will take SM's location with him to his grave. However, if you go back to the earlier threads, some adopted the theory that BM did not know SM's location because an unnamed party (an accessory) was responsible for her disposal. I think this theory was popular on FB. MOO
I haven't followed closely here since the charges were dropped but never did follow on social media so I never saw that. I guess I'm torn between Barry needing to be in completely control over everything (which eliminates any possible accessory) and Barry using someone to do such a thing, to give himself an out. I can see both options but since no one else was ever charged, I think I lean more toward him doing this all by himself.

Interesting theory but what would have been this person’s reason for helping BM out by removing his murdered wife from the Puma Path property I wonder ?
Somebody that owed him a favor? Somebody that needed his silence on something else.
Becoming involved with a murder and disposing of a dead body is a mega huge deal and a mega huge ask -
Maybe a male friend ? A ride or die type?
Hard to know.
I have been wondering lately where BM would go when he left/stormed out of the house overnight/sometimes for days after fighting with Suzanne. Iirc she felt sometimes he provoked her so he would have a reason to disappear. I feel kind of like if we knew where he went it might clarify a few things
JMO

Interesting theory but what would have been this person’s reason for helping BM out by removing his murdered wife from the Puma Path property I wonder ?
Somebody that owed him a favor? Somebody that needed his silence on something else.
Becoming involved with a murder and disposing of a dead body is a mega huge deal and a mega huge ask -
Maybe a male friend ? A ride or die type?
Hard to know.
I have been wondering lately where BM would go when he left/stormed out of the house overnight/sometimes for days after fighting with Suzanne. Iirc she felt sometimes he provoked her so he would have a reason to disappear. I feel kind of like if we knew where he went it might clarify a few things
JMO
Never happened -- IMO, a theory with absolutely no basis.

I haven't followed closely here since the charges were dropped but never did follow on social media so I never saw that. I guess I'm torn between Barry needing to be in completely control over everything (which eliminates any possible accessory) and Barry using someone to do such a thing, to give himself an out. I can see both options but since no one else was ever charged, I think I lean more toward him doing this all by himself.
Of course, BM acted alone!

RBBM

Which makes me wonder . . . if cadaver dogs were brought in to check those Broomfield trash bins.

JMVHO.
Good question, @crhedBngr. I haven't seen anything here or in MSM that the Broomfield trash bins were checked by cadaver dogs. Just that BM was on video disposing of "something" in several public trash bins along that stretch in Broomfield, and by the time LE got to them, their contents had already been removed and disposed of wherever they went/to whatever landfill, so it was a bit of a dead end so to speak, and BM knew full well it would be if he disposed of anything related to Suzanne's disappearance in those trash bins. JMO.

Something is still sticking in my head from BMs final exchange with Grusing

"I know that all that stuff looks bad, but it's just crazy that that stuff's even a part of this. I mean it's crazy how that stuff ironically is part of this. It just makes no sense. To me. Like why would God allow pieces like that, that have to be answered in this situation"

My post from a previous thread:

First he says "it's crazy that stuff" is part of this. That stuff in context means the left turn and the chipmunks. Then he repeats it and says its ironic - i think that means when he said it, he was struck by the irony of it, so he repeated it and inserted the word which creates a new emphasis - so somehow there is a contradiction to him - compared to something unsaid.

Why was that ironic?

The thing that links the left turn and the chipmunks is his phone location

Something is still sticking in my head from BMs final exchange with Grusing

My post from a previous thread:

Why was that ironic?

The thing that links the left turn and the chipmunks is his phone location
This makes my head spin. Why... would God... make it so...I would have to... invent explanations ... for things... I didn't know were even discoverable?

And that's ironic to him?

He has about a third grade grasp of God, far as I can tell. Fundamental in that God is the author of all things.... and so.... whatever Barry does, God authors that? He must have been skinning raccoons the day sin and free will were discussed....

Barry, you sinned by your own hand, thwarting Suzanne's free will to live.

God didn't shoot a single chipmunk that day.

And neither did you.

Away from all human decency, you took a hard left.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member