Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* #107

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good points, @Megnut !

I think based on my experience here following those kind of killers (husband kills wife because of issues related to separation/divorce/money/assets and she "disappears" and her remains are hard to find, on purpose)....

That he freaked out a bit, after actually killing her. Hence the 12 hours.

Early on, he may have been thinking, wow I just did what I had planned, got her alone at our house with our girls away, and did her in (sorry) and heck, I may have actually just gotten away with it.

What now to do with her body?

Then he may have panicked regarding all the spots he may have planned to dispose of her remains, and
proceeded to run through a bunch of scenarios, and he settled on a very remote spot, that was hours away.

JMO

THIS^^^^

Thanks, @Twistinginthewind . You've put into words what I've been mulling over.

JMVHO.

He was removing incriminating evidence and working on his (non-)alibi plan.

Is it know when or if he reserved the hotel room?
Yes, and making phone calls to his 'workers' to work the job that didn't exist on a day when construction work wasn't allowed by law without special exception, running into town, etc.

I think he had her disposal sight picked out before he killed her, BM is a planner if nothing else. He knew those mountains behind his home like the back of his hand and he put her up and far enough away knowing that they couldn't get to her.

I think BM subconsciously saw himself as the Lion who might have attacked Suzanne and drug her back to it's lair high in the hills.

The physical site of him still makes me vomitus. :mad:

MOO

I think it likely and quite possible that he didn't kill her at the house, he immobilised her and then transported her to his pre arranged kill site.
That way there would have been no cadaver scent at the home or in his vehicles.
bM followed true crime.

(In hospitals BM refers to a bowel motion, just sayin')

I think it likely and quite possible that he didn't kill her at the house, he immobilised her and then transported her to his pre arranged kill site.
bM followed true crime.

Yes, I think it makes sense that she was immobilized then taken elsewhere. BM being a volunteer fireman would have given him a chance to hear all the stories of the things to do to get away with something, he probably even initiated some of those conversations. Or, could have volunteered to help with investigations, I would think almost all fires will have an investigation or paper trail if they went to it. Something along the lines of "I would just do this", and then someone chimes in, "no, but if you do it this way...", etc. I would also think he was well aware of what equipment, camera's recorded movements, I had thoughts that he may have done some of the things as a lure away from what really might of happened.

bM followed true crime.

I agree with what you've written.
I like your last line, the one in parentheses.

bM followed true crime.

Good point, @kittythehare. He very well could have immobilized her by holding her down (he's twice her size, IMO) and injecting her with something. We called a bowel movement by those initials too growing up.

bM followed true crime.

For sure agree, remember the tranquilizers recovered?

Good point, @kittythehare. He very well could have immobilized her by holding her down (he's twice her size, IMO) and injecting her with something. We called a bowel movement by those initials too growing up.
I think this was the basis for the Prosecution's position in the AA that SM was immobilized by injection of the animal/deer tranquilizer BM had on hand. While I didn't see BM using the tranquilizer gun, I definitely could see him pinning her and injecting her with the serum. JMO

Yes, and making phone calls to his 'workers' to work the job that didn't exist on a day when construction work wasn't allowed by law without special exception, running into town, etc.
^^rsbm

Actually, BM didn't request the workers perform work on the Public Works job on Sunday (a violation) but arrive Denver on Sunday evening to be on site early Monday morning. Also, it was BM who needed an alibi for why he departed home on Mother's Day at the early hour. For BM, whether it be loosening the wall for 45 minutes on Sunday, and back to his hotel room, it was the same for him as long as he wasn't in Chaffee County! JMO

Everything is irrevelant to this case. IE needs to win. Needs! I wonder how she feels left alone in a room or a building with him, and I wonder if she's ever thought about that. I believe he would kill again if threatened in any way, and I believe his closest family members think that way, too.

JMO
IMO, I think IE would love to be left alone in a room with BM. LOL

But I agree, I think he would kill again if threatened by anyone.

I mean, one of his co-workers left town and didn't want anyone to know where she was... she was afraid of him--IMO

I think certain family members are afraid of him also. Hence the support.

Just MOO after following since Suzanne went missing.

I pray they can find her body, but I have to believe BM when he stated
"I can hide a body and nobody would ever find it." HIS words.

IMO, I think IE would love to be left alone in a room with BM. LOL

But I agree, I think he would kill again if threatened by anyone.

I mean, one of his co-workers left town and didn't want anyone to know where she was... she was afraid of him--IMO

I think certain family members are afraid of him also. Hence the support.

Just MOO after following since Suzanne went missing.

I pray they can find her body, but I have to believe BM when he stated
"I can hide a body and nobody would ever find it." HIS words.
After seeing the bear hug they gave each other after the case was dismissed, I agree with you. That picture is glued in my mind. Forever.

He has a look about him when he's angry and his actions are scary, like the contractor in Indiana who he fought with. Then, of course there are the friends, Suzanne's friends, one of whom he deliberately brushed up against who happened to be with her husband. HW.

I wouldn't trust him, he'd likely kill again if backed into a corner.

JMO

I can't get past this:

Barry had about 12 hours.

By about 3 pm, the deadly deed was likely done, by 3 am he was back on the radar, give or take. There was time for burning things -- so maybe time for going through files, deciding what to keep and what to burn and what to bring with him, time to read or not read Suzanne's journal, time to gather coolers. We know there were periods of activity by vehicle data, namely around 10pm and 3/4am. Backing up the truck, much door opening, respectively. That leaves before or after 10 pm for concealment. Was he done by 11 and did in fact sleep for 4 hours? Or did he head out sometime after 10?

If he made a beeline for a known location and it was a dump and run, why all the time? What took so long? It's that. What took so long? Did he use ff equipment and rappel into a mine? Did he dig his way into a sealed one somehow and then re-seal it? Did he seal an unsealed one and LE has walked right past it, assuming it among the counted? Did he hitch his trailer to someone else's truck, take his Bobcat with a borrowed SIM card and an auger attachment and dig, not into frozen ground, but through 10 feet of snow and bury her well above the frost line?

He was gone a long time. IMO he didn't go far, so whatever he did, it was a lot of work, it had to be.

Jmo
I don’t think that Suzanne is far. I think she may have been missed by the dogs and LE. Nobody’s perfect. She could be right there at Puma Path. They are not going to dig up another foundation based on a tip-they’ve been there, done that. I think they need very solid evidence that they can put in front of a judge before they start spending money digging or risking manpower rappelling into old mines.

I ran across this old article dated April 19, 2022 and updated May 12, 2023, while looking for something else.

I've come to almost the conclusion that Suzanne is indeed somewhere to the West of PP. It makes sense that Barry said he made a left turn the morning of May 10th because he thought he saw a herd of elk. Someday sure, he would have cut their antlers off, but it was just another lie that he made that left turn.

Prosecutors believe BM drugged Suzanne with a tranquilizer dart, killed her and hid her body West of PP in mountainous terrain.

I don’t think that Suzanne is far. I think she may have been missed by the dogs and LE. Nobody’s perfect. She could be right there at Puma Path. They are not going to dig up another foundation based on a tip-they’ve been there, done that. I think they need very solid evidence that they can put in front of a judge before they start spending money digging or risking manpower rappelling into old mines.
I still think there is a chance BM disposed of her remains in the Broomfield trash bins.

Sadly, we will never know for sure.

RIP Suzanne

JMO

I still think there is a chance BM disposed of her remains in the Broomfield trash bins.

RIP Suzanne

JMO
Good point, @Puzzles8.

Perhaps BM disposed of Suzanne's remains 'in proper' in some mine shaft or hidey hole way out yonder, but also disposed of "some wrappings" of her remains in those trash bins?

Like gloves and (eek) trash bags and the hypodermic needle he used to inject her with a tranquilizer, and other stuff that got carried away the next morning or within a few days off to the landfill from the trash cans in Broomfield or elsewhere between there (where he killed her, and/or disposed of her body) and there (the trash cans located on his way to his "work site").

JMO

RIP Suzanne

JMO
I truly believe Suzanne is in a sealed mine, one that is particularly hard to access and dangerous to enter. He had a few years to search them and chose one hard to explore. Just MOO...he seemed to mention those sealed and unsealed in the past.

bM followed true crime.

Does anyone have an idea of where the potential "pre-arranged kill site" might be?

Someplace BM mentioned offhand to Grusing, and was within a given distance of their house (so many hours drive for him to the place where he put her that he said would never be found)?

I don't like abstractions, I guess, so wonder where would LE be looking?

TIA. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member