Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* #107

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She's quite unprofessional IMO and that was my initial impression from the very first BM press conference. But the saying is you reap what you sow and I suspect she won't be reelected if she manages to hold onto her job that long. She must have skipped the lesson on decorum on her path toward wanting to be a DA.

She's quite unprofessional IMO and that was my initial impression from the very first BM press conference. But the saying is you reap what you sow and I suspect she won't be reelected if she manages to hold onto her job that long. She must have skipped the lesson on decorum on her path toward wanting to be a DA.
We are past “wanting to”.
Like it or not, she IS the DA.

We are past “wanting to”.
Like it or not, she IS the DA.
I admit, I do wince when she says certain things . But I also admire the way she speaks openly & frankly, you'll not be left wondering where she stands on a subject. I feel she has stayed true to who she is - when she came to the realization she didn't want to be a cop anymore, remember how she put herself through law school? She drove semi-trucks while pregnant.

She's a strong woman, if she were a man- would we be criticizing so heavily?

I admit, I do wince when she says certain things . But I also admire the way she speaks openly & frankly, you'll not be left wondering where she stands on a subject. I feel she has stayed true to who she is - when she came to the realization she didn't want to be a cop anymore, remember how she put herself through law school? She drove semi-trucks while pregnant.

No, but you already knew that :)

If she were a he and DA I imagine I'd feel the same. I used to train men (and women) for public speaking and regardless of a man or a woman she needs work on public speaking. She could have expressed the situation in a different way. Open and frank can still be achieved. Being aggressive or strong - the words can almost be interchangeable - has nothing to do with it. You can still present as strong and aggressive as a man or a woman when you are speaking publicly.

If she were a he and DA I imagine I'd feel the same. I used to train men (and women) for public speaking and regardless of a man or a woman she needs work on public speaking. She could have expressed the situation in a different way. Open and frank can still be achieved. Being aggressive or strong - the words can almost be interchangeable - has nothing to do with it. You can still present as strong and aggressive as a man or a woman when you are speaking publicly.
Evidently you're an expert on the subject and entitled to express how you think she can be trained to speak differently. She'll never be to your liking, that's just not who she is. Linda Stanley is relatable to the average person, she's not trying to please or be politically correct in certain circles. MOO

Here's the interview. Whether it's cause enough for dismissal, I doubt, but it is unprofessional imo.

I just watched the interview. Not being in law enforcement myself, I can definitely see LS's frustration with tragic cases like this. While it may hurt her reputation in the "good ole boys" area, she seems to be in a no-win situation, no matter what she does or does not say. JMO

I am someone who would like to see more moderation in what LE and DA says before trial - more the English standard than what we see in the US. The case against the accused should be contained in the indictment and public statements in court, not juicy statements in the media

However if you look at other statements by law enforcement / DAs in the US recently in murder cases Stanley's comment is laughably vanilla.

I have issues with her case management, but not this.

It made me angry as a kid when OJ got off. I was a bit less angry when Casey got off, because they just couldn’t prove murder (agree). But the fact that this evil still walks the earth, really grinds my gears.

They’re coming for you Barry…

When looking at DA Stanley overall I find her a risk & a liability to her position and the cases that fall under her. I believe she’s too self absorbed and actually lacks empathy in general. Her actions are the reason sanctions were put on the BM case. I don’t excuse her over lack of resources, staffing, etc. that’s the reality with many professions. She’s responsible. The buck stops with her. I would say the same in this was a man. Gender matters zero to me.

She can “tell like it is” and at the end of the day serious cases are still not prosecuted and bad people walk.

I can’t imagine having serious accusations said about me, and some of them appear to be fact, then saying something dumb like - I was raised by a Marine, and I am a super, super strong person. My boss would moon-boot me.

So we will see what ultimately happens with this case under the direction and leadership of DA Stanley. imo

I need to reassess -- BM may have told the truth about the injured turkey, and it looks like it walked its injured self all the way from Colorado to California!

"Cupid — with her arrow — continues to defy the odds and amaze not only those who live in the valley but also area animal experts. As far as they can tell, the hen with a Steve Martin-esque projectile is living a normal life — as normal a life as she can anyway."

:p

Last edited:
I need to reassess -- BM may have told the truth about the injured turkey, and it looks like it walked its injured self all the way from Colorado to California!

"Cupid — with her arrow — continues to defy the odds and amaze not only those who live in the valley but also area animal experts. As far as they can tell, the hen with a Steve Martin-esque projectile is living a normal life — as normal a life as she can anyway."

Lol. That was the most hilarious lie he told, out of dozens of proven ones.

Priceless

It made me angry as a kid when OJ got off. I was a bit less angry when Casey got off, because they just couldn’t prove murder (agree). But the fact that this evil still walks the earth, really grinds my gears.

They’re coming for you Barry…
When OJ got off it was Hollywood to me. It made me angry but I knew his flamboyant lawyers would help him go free. Not a huge surprise.

With Casey Anthony, it was different. I don’t agree the case wasn’t proven. Her lies and behavior should have given her a death sentence. She has since proved me correct. And what sealed it for me was Caylee was a baby. Child killers not only shouldn’t go free, they shouldn’t breathe our air. IMO.

As for Barry, yes karma is coming for him. A person claiming to be a man, but instead a coward. Never taking responsibility for anything. Life is all about him. Using his daughters, mistress, neighbors in his scheme to murder his wife. And when karma gets him, none of us will be crying for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aurorabae