Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #54 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We don’t have that much to discuss right now, so I am enjoying this back and forth on what LE is saying at this time. I see everyone’s position, and I have changed my thoughts based on the discussion here-more than once. The cynic in me keeps bringing up that darned market and LE not retrieving the footage of Barry trash picking until it was written over. I hate to beat a dead horse (or whitetail deer), but did they not need the footage? Would it have mattered to their investigation? They obviously don’t have enough to proceed with an arrest at this time-is there anything that could be shared with the public that could help the case? Do they need the public’s help? Did people come forward with info when they made their requests?

Same for me. They absolutely should have looked at the video of Barry digging in the trash to see what he was actually doing.

I have been a supporter of LE in this case but there are some things that I can't forget. Like LE taking a week to ask people in the area for surveillance video?? Yikes...that's just investigation 101. And even then LE basically said, Don't call us. We'll call you IF we want it. I can't explain that away. That is a dropped ball. Hopefully they didn't drop too many more.

It was such an afterthought that I thought they must have a mountain of evidence and will be making an arrest soon. They were just covering their bases so the defense team couldn't accuse them of tunnel vision on the spouse.

Well, here we are a year later...

and I’ve mentioned this a lot but there really isn’t such a thing as a parts bike when you’re taking about $5K full suspension bikes. Bike parts, especially in high end mountain bikes, aren’t usually interchangeable. You just buy the parts you need individually.
it would also make no sense to regularly go to a bike mechanic in the area, but also own a parts bike. If you owned a parts bike, it would mean you are capable to taking parts off that bike, installing them onto another bike and then tuning them or setting them up. If you could do that, you wouldn’t need a regular bike mechanic.
RSBM
You convinced me the first time and I know nothing about MTB's. Bought it for parts sounds like a Barry story. So did the story she rides it "every week before church". Repeated verbatim by the fire chief. How would he know unless he lived in the neighborhood? He is obviously parroting Barry. What's interesting in thinking about a second bike, is what then to make of his description. Some thought it was 3 items baby blue bike/ helmet/biking clothes. It's still of interest that L/E has never acknowledged a bike was found/recovered. Is that because they don't consider it Suzanne's bike? just a throw-away?

I would almost bet that SM’s regular Santa Cruz MTB went with the girls on whatever trip they went on.

The daily mail had a set of pics from when the Puma Path residence was searched and you can see a couple of mountain bikes on the back of a Suburu Outback, one of which is a baby blue full suspension mountain bike.

And since that bike was gone, another bike would be needed to complete the story BM wanted to tell.

and I’ve mentioned this a lot but there really isn’t such a thing as a parts bike when you’re taking about $5K full suspension bikes. Bike parts, especially in high end mountain bikes, aren’t usually interchangeable. You just buy the parts you need individually.

it would also make no sense to regularly go to a bike mechanic in the area, but also own a parts bike. If you owned a parts bike, it would mean you are capable to taking parts off that bike, installing them onto another bike and then tuning them or setting them up. If you could do that, you wouldn’t need a regular bike mechanic.

I even recall SM taking her bike to a shop to get new tires, which is one of the easiest bike maintenance things you can do. And if she or BM couldn’t do that, no way would they be swapping brakes, cranks, suspension, drive trains etc...

Yes! This would make so much sense. And it would also mean that this was a plan. Poor Suzanne.

Unless the actor picked up the bike from a yard on bulk trash day, he would have had to purchase it somewhere. The bike mechanic would know for sure if it was a bike SM or BM owned. This clue would have been easy for LE to nail down. This case reminds me of movies that have too many twists and turns...you can't stay focused on the plot line.

Perhaps.

Should we believe CM in that the bike that was found was not SM’s regular $5K Santa Cruz bike?

I'm probably not a good person to ask about CM as I don't find him credible. That's just my opinion however.

Is it possible if it wasn't SM bike, it was one her daughter's bikes? Was she the only one in the home with a bike? I don't know.... IMO

Finding witnesses to corroborate someone's timeline is the job of the investigators. And is typically done behind the scenes, not by broadcasting the timeline of someone who's not even an official suspect.

What information LE should be releasing is an interesting discussion, I suppose, but are we the best judges?
To be honest I don't even know if there is information to release in this case, I am making a more general point.

Everything could be completely locked-up and corroborated here.

Some LE release far more and some far less information.

Of course LE should keep details about the crime scene itself, which could be incriminating, to themselves.

However, they can't question witnesses who don't come forward because those people don't know they were in an important place at an important time.

They could easily release the narrative without implying guilt or compromising the investigation: "According her husband, who is not a suspect at this time, he and his wife enjoyed their day going here, here, and here in the day(s) prior to him leaving for a job early Sunday."

To keep the conversation going.

Mother's Day. According to Barry he was working on Mother's Day and many feel that was really unbelievable because it was Mother's Day and he left his wife, the mother of his children, alone on that special day.

At the same time, it doesn't appear that Barry did anything with his OWN mother that day. Thoughts?

IMO

Mother's Day. According to Barry he was working on Mother's Day and many feel that was really unbelievable because it was Mother's Day and he left his wife, the mother of his children, alone on that special day.

At the same time, it doesn't appear that Barry did anything with his OWN mother that day. Thoughts?

IMO
Not by itself a red flag.

Everyone celebrates in their own way.

My wife would kill me telepathically wherever I was on the planet but, as I said, everyone is different.

IMO

Taking into consideration what we know about Mother's Day:
-Past social media posts show that Mother's Day was celebrated, including BM's mother
-Per BM, the daughters were due to return that day, but were "running late"
-We don't know if other member's of BM's family were also on the trip
-We don't know if BM had gotten Suzanne a card or gift
-Suzanne was due for an important medical appointment that Monday

I don't think BM planned in advance to not be home for Mother's Day.

I'm really really curious, during the LE's two searches of the home, if they found a Mother's Day card or gift from Barry. He's a big spender, and this was a milestone Mother's Day, with Suzanne's cancer recovery.

The whole second bike thing is a total red herring, IMO. The level of bike Suzanne had, you don't get a bike for parts. Maybe a back-up bike, but not for parts. It's just not done. (My husband rides.)

All MOO.

Interested in what others have to say about it.

ETA: Light bulb went on about the alleged second bike. Maybe BM didn't know, that swapping parts on high end bikes just isn't a thing.

I'll be tuning in.
I did not however watch CM's videos. Any new news that we didn't know before?
More observations and discussion than anything else not much in the way of new facts, if any. But I do believe he talked to Suzanne's friends and she was not anxious to move. The only people who I recall saying she was on board are Barry' friends. That's sad...moving after a lifetime in Indiana, where her family and friends were.

I'll be tuning in.
I did not however watch CM's videos. Any new news that we didn't know before?

Actually, it was really interesting, Ontario, but I'm hugely intrigued by the behavioral aspect of this case, and that was what much of the discussion was about: from BM's upbringing/personality (per his friends) to what Suzanne was like (per her friends).

It's worth a watch.

One interesting thing that stood out to me was someone asked Chris if he thought BM (if guilty) would or could do this again (or had done it before, something like that). We got a little "Chris-planation" on something called the McDonald Triad that investigators use.

From Wiki:

The Macdonald triad (also known as the triad of sociopathy or the homicidal triad) is a set of three factors, the presence of any two of which are considered to be predictive of, or associated with, violent tendencies, particularly with relation to serial offenses. The triad was first proposed by psychiatrist J. M. Macdonald in "The Threat to Kill", a 1963 article in the American Journal of Psychiatry.[1] Small-scale studies conducted by psychiatrists Daniel Hellman and Nathan Blackman, and then FBI agents John E. Douglas and Robert K. Ressler along with Dr. Ann Burgess, claimed substantial evidence for the association of these childhood patterns with later predatory behavior.[2] Although it remains an influential and widely taught hypothesis, subsequent research has generally not validated this line of thinking.[3][4]

The triad links cruelty to animals, obsession with fire-setting, and persistent bedwetting past a certain age, to violent behaviors, particularly homicidal behavior and sexually predatory behavior.[5] However, other studies claim to have not found statistically significant links between the triad and violent offenders.

Further studies have suggested that these behaviors are actually more linked to childhood experience of parental neglect, brutality or abuse. Some argue this in turn results in "homicidal proneness".[6] The "triad" concept as a particular combination of behaviors linked to violence may not have any particular validity – it has been called an urban legend.[7]

After learning what we have thus far, about BM's upbringing, and extracurricular activities, I found this discussion fascinating. I'll just leave it at that.

I would almost bet that SM’s regular Santa Cruz MTB went with the girls on whatever trip they went on.

The daily mail had a set of pics from when the Puma Path residence was searched and you can see a couple of mountain bikes on the back of a Suburu Outback, one of which is a baby blue full suspension mountain bike.

And since that bike was gone, another bike would be needed to complete the story BM wanted to tell.

I even recall SM taking her bike to a shop to get new tires, which is one of the easiest bike maintenance things you can do. And if she or BM couldn’t do that, no way would they be swapping brakes, cranks, suspension, drive trains etc...

Good spot on the baby blue bike on the back of the Subaru!
I had to go see for myself.. and there it is.

Cops search a property in Colorado for evidence of mom-of-two missing since Mother's Day | Daily Mail Online
F646458D-E9AD-418F-9375-9A618DDEBB28.jpeg

https://twitter.com/LaurenScharfTV/status/1389289094191198210

Friends and family of #suzannemorphew sent me this video to share to celebrate her 50th birthday

1f382.svg
Continue to #shinebrightforsuzanne #FindSuzanne

nLQ5pGqM

Happy Birthday Suzanne!
The Suzanne Collective
youtube.com

IMO
interesting point!!! *If it was just a standard, typical work day then BM most surely called his mom to wish her a happy mother’s day at some point throughout the day! hmmm

Good spot on the baby blue bike on the back of the Subaru!
I had to go see for myself.. and there it is.

Cops search a property in Colorado for evidence of mom-of-two missing since Mother's Day | Daily Mail Online
View attachment 295603

MOO, but I always thought since seeing that pic that either: 1. That was SM’s bike or 2. They bought the girls identical bikes to SM.

AlsoMOO, I also thought the girls went on a camping, mountain bike trip and drove that Suburu to where ever it was they went. It just seemed like the most logical thing given that pic and timing.

interesting point!!! *If it was just a standard, typical work day then BM most surely called his mom to wish her a happy mother’s day at some point throughout the day! hmmm

Some will argue, with a good point, if BM's mom was with the girls at the camping trip that weekend, she wouldn't have been home anyway, until later. But if she was home, did he break plans with his mom that day last minute? Or there were no plans other than a phone call to wish her Happy Mother's Day and he checked that box? I just think his own mom would matter to him on that day as well.

I feel that BM used his work to stay away from home at times. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members