Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #54 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is gonna be live in about 15 mins (if I'm reading the time correctly). Mine says it goes live at 8pm (which is in 15 mins for me).

See y'all there.

I may have been unfair with my view of Mike King. Watching his show here and the current set up, I like him. We may not agree with everything in SM case, but he comes off as fair, calm and professional.

The other guy, no mercy. lol

IMO

https://twitter.com/LaurenScharfTV/status/1389289094191198210

Friends and family of #suzannemorphew sent me this video to share to celebrate her 50th birthday

1f382.svg
Continue to #shinebrightforsuzanne #FindSuzanne

nLQ5pGqM

Happy Birthday Suzanne!
The Suzanne Collective
youtube.com

Beautiful Post!!!! thanks.

The first time I saw the gas station message I read it as “baby blue bike helmet” not “baby blue bike” and helmet.
As did I...but was surprised at how many didn't read it that way. A few weeks after that discussion here on WBs. CM on Nancy Grace said he talked with the young clerk and the clerk said " Barry said he was "looking for a baby blue bike helmet". So that must be what he meant when he wrote...Baby blue bike helmet. Which leads to what color is the bike? Wouldn't that have been primary to know especially if the note was written as a 'description"? Leads me back to my original impression...that was all about planting evidence to be found.

Last edited:
Re: Suzanne's bikes.

This is just speculation of a possible scenario.

SM had been to the bike shop on Thursday. I'm assuming SM visited the bike shop when she had a problem with her bike. Maybe she left it there to be repaired. The pink bike was supposedly bought the week before for parts. If it was bought for parts, I'm guessing it was not in proper working order. BTW - do we know if the pink bike was purchased by BM or SM?

As BM frantically tried to piece together an alibi/false scenario, he needed a plausible red herring to throw. SM's bike was in the shop, so the only bike he had to stage was the old pink bike. I'd really like to know if the bike was in working condition when it was "found". Other than damage from the fall, did it even function in the first place?

JMO, MOO

ETA - grammar

Last edited:
Re: Suzanne's bikes.

This is just speculation of a possible scenario.

SM had been to the bike shop on Thursday. I'm assuming SM visited the bike shop when she had a problem with her bike. Maybe she left it there to be repaired. The pink bike was supposedly bought the week before for parts. If it was bought for parts, I'm guessing it was not in proper working order. BTW - do we know if the pink bike was purchases by BM or SM?

As BM frantically tried to piece together an alibi/false scenario, he needed a plausible red herring to throw. SM's bike was in the shop, so the only bike he had to stage was the old pink bike. I'd really like to know if the bike was in working condition when it was "found". Other than damage from the fall, did it even function in the first place?

JMO, MOO

So you’ve got a bike guy. Wouldn’t your bike guy be the person who would purchase a parts bike if that was an actual good idea? Or at least keep the parts bike in case he needed to use a particular part in the repair? Maybe that’s the rub-the bike isn’t Suzanne’s bike at all. If Barry bought it without anyone’s knowledge did he have plans for it?

So sad... I am now convinced (and always thought) she wasn't ready to move.
Thanks for the link to MM's show. I sadly agree with you, the last thing she wanted to do was move.

I do disagree with Mike and Linda on one thing, about BM's motivation to choose a low end farm baseball team for $20,000, rather than college. I think BM wanted to get to MLB as quickly as possible. If he went the college route, he would need to balance his desire for a baseball career with a full college course load. Doesn't leave much time for fun. At a farm team, he had nothing to do but work out, play baseball and party. JMO, I suspect he was not much of a student in high school and had no motivation or desire to get a college degree.

IMO, BM felt no initial need for a college degree. BM had become a successful hustler from an early age. IMO, he only went to college (after a failed baseball career) to please his father. I sense his father lived vicariously through BM. I think his dad probably also taught him how to hustle.

This is complete speculation and IMO, MOO, etc.

Yes, I realize he did finally graduate from Purdue after his MLB career didn't work out for him.

Last edited:
It appears obvious to me that without the neighbor finding one of many bicycles belonging to the Morphew home missing when asked to check, then BM could not say his wife went missing while riding her bicycle.

A bicycle had to be missing and
A bicycle had to be found.

A bicycle SM would be riding needed to be easy to find before BM made it back from the Broomfield area near Denver or else he'd be forced to report his wife's absence when he arrived that Sunday evening at 9pm.

Thanks for the link to MM's show. I sadly agree with you, the last thing she wanted to do was move.

I do disagree with Mike and Linda on one thing, about BM's motivation to choose a low end farm baseball team for $20,000, rather than college. I think BM wanted to get to MLB as quickly as possible. If he went the college route, he would need to balance his desire for a baseball career with a full college course load. Doesn't leave much time for fun. At a farm team, he had nothing to do but work out, play baseball and party. JMO, I suspect he was not much of a student in high school and had no motivation or desire to get a college degree.

IMO, BM felt no initial need for a college degree. BM had become a successful hustler from an early age. IMO, he only went to college (after a failed baseball career) to please his father. I sense his father lived vicariously through BM. I think his dad probably also taught him how to hustle.

This is complete speculation and IMO, MOO, etc.

Yes, I realize he did finally graduate from Purdue after his MLB career didn't work out for him.

Think you are 100% right on Barry's choice, it was the right thing for him at the time, not necessarily all about money. Different backgrounds give us different perspectives to consider. I also understand Shirley Morphew (living alone I assume) not drawing attention to herself. Wise in these days of Social Media and doxing.

He may or may not have graduated from Purdue, no big deal back then. Always reads they "attended."

Last edited:
His face was shown but I didn't hear his name mentioned. Didn't hear anything about the "husband" period unless I missed something. Spoke about the love of her girls, life, friends, family and God. That speaks volumes to me.

Some will argue, with a good point, if BM's mom was with the girls at the camping trip that weekend, she wouldn't have been home anyway, until later. But if she was home, did he break plans with his mom that day last minute? Or there were no plans other than a phone call to wish her Happy Mother's Day and he checked that box? I just think his own mom would matter to him on that day as well.

I feel that BM used his work to stay away from home at times. IMO
i’d put money on the fact the girls were alone. no adult supervision. 100. And that’s fine! When i was that age i did the same stuff.. I wouldn’t be completely honest w my parents. I think they were teenagers being teenagers, and that’s where some of the misinformation stems from. IMO

It appears obvious to me that without the neighbor finding one of many bicycles belonging to the Morphew home missing when asked to check, then BM could not say his wife went missing while riding her bicycle.

A bicycle had to be missing and
A bicycle had to be found.

A bicycle SM would be riding needed to be easy to find before BM made it back from the Broomfield area near Denver or else he'd be forced to report his wife's absence when he arrived that Sunday evening at 9pm.

I so agree! I'd also like to know more about the conversation between BM and his neighbor. When BM asked the neighbor to look for Suzanne's bike, did he describe a specific bike to look for? If there were many bicycles the M's owned, did BM describe the exact bike of Suzanne's that BM asked the neighbor to look for?

JMO, MOO, etc

I so agree! I'd also like to know more about the conversation between BM and his neighbor. When BM asked the neighbor to look for Suzanne's bike, did he describe a specific bike to look for? If there were many bicycles the M's owned, did BM describe the exact bike of Suzanne's that BM asked the neighbor to look for?

JMO, MOO, etc
Yes, were ALL the bicycles gone? Did Barry have to steer her toward looking for a particular bike? Did the neighbor know Suzanne’s bike from seeing her on it? Was the bike at home or at Scot’s for repair? If the parts bikes was recently purchased, who made the determination on site that it was Suzanne’s bike? Suzanne had not been seen on any bike, the recovered bike was not hers, her children were away, her husband out of town for a questionable reason.. I guess the cops had a lot to look at right from the jump.

I have had a little time to listen to some of the podcasts posted. I am now convinced more than every that BM's outdoor experience has played a significant role in how events transpired, however even extensive woodland experience does not generally also translate into forensics awareness. My working theories are undergoing a bit of a modification process as I absorb more of BM's childhood life as well as SM and BM's life together. A lot of couples have difficulties and disagreements, even major ones yet few of them result in homicide. How does a church going couple with children that has all the outward signs of happiness, suddenly end in tragedy? We keep going back to one overarching question WHAT CHANGED? There is a trigger somewhere and we are missing it, or we know it and we don't know that we know it. What set events into motion? If even only one person could be saved.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dianthe