Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #54 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d imagine no info is being released because there is no benefit to LE to release it. They know who did it, and are holding all their cards very closely to increase their chances of BM slipping up. It’s been that way pretty much since day 1 which should say a lot about this case.

I’d imagine no info is being released because there is no benefit to LE to release it. They know who did it, and are holding all their cards very closely to increase their chances of BM slipping up. It’s been that way pretty much since day 1 which should say a lot about this case.

If he doesn't slip up ...
Ugh.

Her last confirmed public sighting might be very important for them to release- because there might be someone out there who saw her after that or can refute the last sighting but hasn't come forward because they think LE already has that information. They might come forward if they thought LE had inaccurate or incomplete information or they might have additional information, like what she was wearing or who she was with.

RSBM.

NOTE: My remarks are assuming we know who was responsible.

From Day 1, LE relayed to the public when "the husband" reported her being alive and well. What does it matter if she was seen prior to that?

In other words, the last public sighting is only relevant if it's after BM left town.

And if someone saw SM after BM supposedly left her sleeping, they would most likely already have come forward.

Agreed. I think LE is pretty sure of what happened but are holding out for physical evidence to go along with the digital evidence and the way BM is selling off assets, it's only a matter of time before something slips. LE doesn't have to have her phone to know where it last was and what it was doing the last time it was in use.

RSBM.

From Day 1, LE relayed to the public when "the husband" reported her being alive and well. What does it matter if she was seen prior to that?

In other words, the last public sighting is only relevant if it's after BM left town.

And if someone saw SM after BM supposedly left her sleeping, they would most likely already have come forward.

What if she spoke to someone on the phone?

RSBM.

I disagree. That would be very important to be sure, but not the only info that might be important. If LE released the complete version of the husband's timeline, someone out there might be able to refute it; before or after. They might not even know they have pertinent information because the info they have is that nothing actually happened there. For example: If BM said he and/or his wife were at XYZ at 4:00 on Saturday and I was also at XYZ at 4:00 (but they weren't). I wouldn't have come forward to the police because why would I? I didn't see anything... but I know something important.

I disagree. That would be very important to be sure, but not the only info that might be important. If LE released the complete version of the husband's timeline, someone out there might be able to refute it; before or after. They might not even know they have pertinent information because the info they have is that nothing actually happened there. For example: If BM said he and/or his wife were at XYZ at 4:00 on Saturday and I was also at XYZ at 4:00 (but they weren't). I wouldn't have come forward to the police because why would I? I didn't see anything... but I know something important.

Finding witnesses to corroborate someone's timeline is the job of the investigators. And is typically done behind the scenes, not by broadcasting the timeline of someone who's not even an official suspect.

What information LE should be releasing is an interesting discussion, I suppose, but are we the best judges?

Last edited:

Finding witnesses to corroborate someone's timeline is the job of the investigators. And is typically done behind the scenes, not by broadcasting the timeline of someone who's not even an official suspect.

What information LE should be releasing is an interesting discussion, I suppose, but are we the best judges?

We don’t have that much to discuss right now, so I am enjoying this back and forth on what LE is saying at this time. I see everyone’s position, and I have changed my thoughts based on the discussion here-more than once. The cynic in me keeps bringing up that darned market and LE not retrieving the footage of Barry trash picking until it was written over. I hate to beat a dead horse (or whitetail deer), but did they not need the footage? Would it have mattered to their investigation? They obviously don’t have enough to proceed with an arrest at this time-is there anything that could be shared with the public that could help the case? Do they need the public’s help? Did people come forward with info when they made their requests?

Wonder if BM watched CM’s “The Interview” tonight?

It was quite... emasculating.

jmo
Not that he has any (manliness) to emasculate :rolleyes:

Either way, if we work with the theory that something happened to her and he's responsible (both are ifs, both are highly likely), then the video prior to the live, where he talked about both of their upbringings is VERY telling of who he is.
The whole "tiger", "not being allowed to play Football" but "living and breathing Baseball, only to fail to make it" sound like an all too common book or movie we have seen too many times. Machismo and control gone wrong. Add her health issues getting in the way of a "perfect life" and how "he had enough and left her alone for a long time to go hunting" but she beat the damn illness...but it may have come back? that hasn't been said but I'm suspecting it.
All that rambling to say I'm leaning towards a crime of passion/accident/snapping from the situation he felt he was getting into again and how he didn't want any of it.
His actions since back it up, he basically erased Suzanne from ever existing in his life and supposedly moved on to the next

All quotes are paraphrased and everything is MOO

I am not convinced LE has figured it out nor am I personally yet certain that LE is secretly “signaling” that they believe Barry killed his wife. I do believe they will release information that they are certain about when appropriate.

We don’t have that much to discuss right now, so I am enjoying this back and forth on what LE is saying at this time. I see everyone’s position, and I have changed my thoughts based on the discussion here-more than once. The cynic in me keeps bringing up that darned market and LE not retrieving the footage of Barry trash picking until it was written over. I hate to beat a dead horse (or whitetail deer), but did they not need the footage? Would it have mattered to their investigation? They obviously don’t have enough to proceed with an arrest at this time-is there anything that could be shared with the public that could help the case? Do they need the public’s help? Did people come forward with info when they made their requests?
My guess is the report from the store employee was adequate to give LE an account of Barry’s action and time that night. They probably don’t need the video since they have a first hand account. Do I wish they would have collected the video...sure...people’s memories can alter over time.

A Lot to Unpack! I sincerely hope fellow Sleuthers have time to watch CM’s 2 videos from last night. First one is background on BM & SM early days growing up. 2nd video is discussion of SM missing with tons of relatively new info or info we haven’t discussed on WS. I’m anxious to hear others opinions. You especially @OldCop ! Lol.
> 2nd video - At the 34:00 it gets really interesting when Chris is discussing the “parts bike” purchased by BM, indicating that was the bike “found”, not the $4900 bicycle SM usually rode.
> Also, there’s discussion of a fire very, very close to the Morphew PP home just days prior to SMs disappearance, like the Monday before. BM apparently worked as a volunteer firefighter to put that fire out.
> Also, lots of discussion how Suzanne definitely DID NOT want to move to CO, but BM was adamant about the move!
Links to both of Chris’ videos below.
Edited by me to add link.

Last edited:
A Lot to Unpack! I sincerely hope fellow Sleuthers have time to watch CM’s 2 videos from last night. First one is background on BM & SM early days growing up. 2nd video is discussion of SM missing with tons of relatively new info or info we haven’t discussed on WS. I’m anxious to hear others opinions. You especially @OldCop ! Lol.
> 2nd video - At the 34:00 it gets really interesting when Chris is discussing the “parts bike” purchased by BM, indicating that was the bike “found”, not the $4900 bicycle SM usually rode.
> Also, there’s discussion of a fire very, very close to the Morphew PP home just days prior to SMs disappearance, like the Monday before. BM apparently worked as a volunteer firefighter to put that fire out.
> Also, lots of discussion how Suzanne definitely DID NOT want to move to CO, but BM was adamant about the move!
Links to both of Chris’ videos below.
Edited by me to add link.

I would almost bet that SM’s regular Santa Cruz MTB went with the girls on whatever trip they went on.

The daily mail had a set of pics from when the Puma Path residence was searched and you can see a couple of mountain bikes on the back of a Suburu Outback, one of which is a baby blue full suspension mountain bike.

And since that bike was gone, another bike would be needed to complete the story BM wanted to tell.

and I’ve mentioned this a lot but there really isn’t such a thing as a parts bike when you’re taking about $5K full suspension bikes. Bike parts, especially in high end mountain bikes, aren’t usually interchangeable. You just buy the parts you need individually.

it would also make no sense to regularly go to a bike mechanic in the area, but also own a parts bike. If you owned a parts bike, it would mean you are capable to taking parts off that bike, installing them onto another bike and then tuning them or setting them up. If you could do that, you wouldn’t need a regular bike mechanic.

I even recall SM taking her bike to a shop to get new tires, which is one of the easiest bike maintenance things you can do. And if she or BM couldn’t do that, no way would they be swapping brakes, cranks, suspension, drive trains etc...

Last edited:
I would almost bet that SM’s regular Santa Cruz MTB went with the girls on whatever trip they went on.

The daily mail had a set of pics from when the Puma Path residence was searched and you can see a couple of mountain bikes on the back of a Suburu Outback, one of which is a baby blue full suspension mountain bike.

And since that bike was gone, another bike would be needed to complete the story BM wanted to tell.

and I’ve mentioned this a lot but there really isn’t such a thing as a parts bike when you’re taking about $5K full suspension bikes. Bike parts, especially in high end mountain bikes, aren’t usually interchangeable. You just buy the parts you need individually.

it would also make no sense to regularly go to a bike mechanic in the area, but also own a parts bike. If you owned a parts bike, it would mean you are capable to taking parts off that bike, installing them onto another bike and then tuning them or setting them up. If you could do that, you wouldn’t need a regular bike mechanic.

I even recall SM taking her bike to a shop to get new tires, which is one of the easiest bike maintenance things you can do. And if she or BM couldn’t do that, no way would they be swapping brakes, cranks, suspension, drive trains etc...
Agree with you 100% on all points. You don’t buy a “parts bike” for a $5000 MTB. That’s like buying a Volkswagen to be a parts car for a Rolls Royce.

I think you make a strong argument on why the parts bike story, as relayed by CM, (IIRC) is probably not fact. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flimflam