Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #58 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, BM will provide numerous facts, BUT they continually change.
I am only aware of his claim to have omitted the time he did something to the bobcat and it was not revealed if that was 15 minutes or an hour or more. What else has changed from his published statements that is known? That would be important.

In the article posted above, BM's pal said "I'm honestly shocked that they charged him with murder because you have to be missing for a year to be declared dead, so they didn't have a death certificate when they arrested him."

What in the world is this person smoking? Is this a way of saying "no body/no crime"?

I mean, seriously. Is this some glimpse into the BM character defense witnesses? Because if so, the pool isn’t very deep.

He didn’t kill her, but if he did you’d never find her, and he knows how to hide her, but she isn’t dead because it hasn’t been 1 year and a death certificate hasn’t been issued, but they had a lot of money, so I get why he’d do it.

I mean, wow, what kind of friend is this?

Sadly, he’s spot on.

The “pal” probably doesn’t follow murder cases (like many of us) and just doesn’t know you clearly don’t get a death certificate after a year of going missing.

For now, I’m going to continue to give family & friends of BM a pass on their shock or even questioning if what BM’s accused of really happened. Self reflection has to be a big one. Did this guy (BM) really have me that fooled? What does that say about me? Etc...

The step brother on PE last Friday said this is going to get ugly. I think he’s right. Folks better brace themselves. This hasn’t even started with accusations that will come to light or start to fly. IMO

In the article posted above, BM's pal said "I'm honestly shocked that they charged him with murder because you have to be missing for a year to be declared dead, so they didn't have a death certificate when they arrested him."

What in the world is this person smoking? Is this a way of saying "no body/no crime"?

Right? I read it and thought to myself..

Oh boy, the wheel is spinning but the hamster is dead...

He didn’t kill her, but if he did you’d never find her, and he knows how to hide her, but she isn’t dead because it hasn’t been 1 year and a death certificate hasn’t been issued, but they had a lot of money, so I get why he’d do it.

Sadly, he’s spot on.
His friend seems to think he is well versed in technicalities, hmmm...

Is it just my imagination or over-thinking of things possibly, that very shortly after a perp is arrested that you suddenly have the feeling of other people looking around here and there for information that may benefit the defense? Ya know what I mean?

I will admit, my mind starts thinking of plausible defense tactics. It’s a bit like a cerebral game of Whac-a-mole. I think of a gotcha, then I try to think of a way to swat away the gotcha.

I have no illusions that I will think of anything that the defense and prosecution haven’t already fully covered. I’m just a small time rookie web sleuth. The DA has every conceivable gotcha covered. I have faith in that.

Maybe the pal got his information about death certificates and murder immunity from the inmate. I wonder which true crime podcast that was on.

Criminals always prove to be even dumber than we already think they are.

JMO

The “pal” probably doesn’t follow murder cases (like many of us) and just doesn’t know you clearly don’t get a death certificate after a year of going missing.

For now, I’m going to continue to give family & friends of BM a pass on their shock or even questioning if what BM’s accused of really happened. Self reflection has to be a big one. Did this guy (BM) really have me that fooled? What does that say about me? Etc...

The step brother on PE last Friday said this is going to get ugly. I think he’s right. Folks better brace themselves. This hasn’t even started with accusations that will come to light or start to fly. IMO
I think the idea that even the motions are sealed is telling. I am all for bravado on the part of prosecution but I sure hope they have this buttoned down, locked and loaded so to speak. It is unnerving to hear that team say the investigation is ongoing instead of saying they are still looking for Suzanne. Up until the arrest press conference they have been so careful with their words.

Kind of interesting that BM went hunting and fishing ‘every day’ since they’ve been in Salida. I’m sure that is an exaggeration but if it’s even 50% accurate, that is a lot of free time for someone that owns their own business and can afford the life style the M’s apparently had.

I wonder why these husbands think they will get away with murdering their wives. It is not as if there are daily/monthly articles about 'Fred Bloggs murdered his wife and got away with it'.

They always think they are going to be the OJ Simpson, the exception.

Then they spend whatever money they have trying to avoid a conviction, when they would have been much better off getting a divorce and having half the assets.

Sadly, he’s spot on.
Awesome analysis! :p:D

It doesn't surprise me at all that his friends are shocked that he's guilty. Even Andy believed he had nothing to do with Suzanne's disappearance until he spoke to the CBI detective.

If he just wanted 15 minutes of fame, why not give them his name? Nobody even knows who he is.
His name will likely be revealed one way or another. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member