Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #58 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If he collected guns, the short rifle may have been some older item that is technically illegal. I don't think we should jump to conclusions that she was shot. If so, he could have used a hand gun instead of a "short rifle", hand gun being easier to conceal. But my gut feeling is that he would avoid the noise of a firearm. JMO
Agree I think they just came upon it during the search. I think they are going to pile on every little charge they can think of. Is that a good strategy? Maybe.

They arrested BM May 5 and sealed his condo which they later searched.

So, if they found the knives during that search and collected swabs from them, is it feasible that they could they have fast-tracked processing of those swabs to determine presence of DNA by May 17 or 18 to determine it is SM's? 12-13 days?
That is a very good question.

But it does seem on TV shows, results are known and shown right after the next commercial break....

That is a very good question.

But it does seem on TV shows, results are known and shown right after the next commercial break....
I think processing can take variable amounts of time, depending on the factors involved. For example, if knives used in a murder or for tampering with remains were scrubbed with bleach but a minuscule bit of blood or other organic matter remained (say where the blade meets the handle or in some crevice in the handle), and that sample is quite small, amplification of the sample may have to occur prior to DNA extraction to check for a match. I have no idea how long that would take.

"American civilians may own an SBR provided it is registered with the ATF, and a $200 tax is paid prior to taking possession of or creating the firearm."

yes it makes them less effective long range, but perfect for closer or smaller spaces, or better maneuvering during combat/attack. jmo

When we thought it could become worse, it has.

Angelic arms wrapped around Suzanne's baby girls for as a daughter myself, I don't know how I would survive knowing my father was capable of such heinous, despicable, vicious deeds; much less my precious Mother being the unfortunate target of his cruel and inhumane treatment.

JMO, MOO

After BM's arrest, they searched his condo and probably his truck and trailer. I think today's charges are related to those searches.

The gun may have SM's blood/DNA/body matter on it.

I think the mutilation charge comes from SM's DNA found on his Hunting Knives.

JMO, MOO
Your observations make perfect sense. I also think LE had “proof” SM was dead when they charged him with Murder One. And there’s possible blood evidence from the home, cadaverine hits from the dogs LE used. I’m not sure what evidence LE had of her death prior to his arrest, but I think it’s compelling.

This was tweeted 2 hours ago by Denver Channel 7 reporter. I think someone posted a screenshot of it and we’ve learned more since then. Just wanted to provide the link to the tweet.

https://twitter.com/stephaniebutzer/status/1394762505956651011?s=21

As of now, we know the 8 public servants #BarryMorphew allegedly tried to influence work at/as:
-Chaffee Co. Sheriff's Office deputy
-CBI (3)
-11th Judicial District Attorney’s Office chief investigator
-FBI agent
-Unknown (2)

Arrest affidavit not released yet. #SuzanneMorphew

Your observations make perfect sense. I also think LE had “proof” SM was dead when they charged him with Murder One. And there’s possible blood evidence from the home, cadaverine hits from the dogs LE used. I’m not sure what evidence LE had of her death prior to his arrest, but I think it’s compelling.

Could forensic test results from the search at the beach, dig of the house foundation have just finally come back?

ETA: looks like this was already asked and answered. Fast moving thread!

Could forensic test results from the search at the beach, dig of the house foundation have just finally come back?

ETA: looks like this was already asked and answered. Fast moving thread!

Perhaps that or another search. Could be something they found or had back from forensics which caused them to arrest him and be very confident in their knowledge that he has murdered Suzanne

What if BM had a post office box where he had most of the mail sent because he was controlling and didn’t want Suzanne to see it?
He could have picked it up on his way to the hotel?
JMO
Thank you for mentioning this. I had brought this up early on but it just kind of got fizzled out, but I do still think this is a very likely possibility. IMO, he seems the type who likely hid lots of things from his wife. Again, this is JMO.

They could not have charged him with tampering of human body with no body!
Yes they can. Last year Letecia Stauch was arrested for the murder of her 11 year old stepson here in Colorado on March 2, 2020. GS’s body was not found until March 17, 2020. Because they had found blood in the home and blood matching his DNA on a board found 20 miles away according to the AA dated February 28, 2020. She was charged with tampering with a human body and tampering with physical evidence just as we see here. 2 weeks before body was found.
https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/04th_Judicial_District/El_Paso/20CR1358/001/Complaint and Information.pdf

After body was found they added 7 more charges.

https://www.courts.state.co.us/user...District/El_Paso/Stauch/Amended Complaint.pdf

"American civilians may own an SBR provided it is registered with the ATF, and a $200 tax is paid prior to taking possession of or creating the firearm."

yes it makes them less effective long range, but perfect for closer or smaller spaces, or better maneuvering during combat/attack. jmo
Hubby brought out guns and explained things to me as best as I understand but he completely agrees with this post. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member