Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #58 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. Coming after what I thought was a last ditch attempt to get him on laughable voter fraud. JMO, I was thinking that they might not have had a real case and were piling on the voter fraud a la Capone/taxes. Gruesome as this new signal is, I'm glad that voter fraud will sink out of sight for awhile. I don't understand the strategy of even including it instead of these charges first.

Last I checked, voter fraud is a serious offense punishable by jail time. It's also quite relevant to this case because it speaks to BM's controlling nature. Not sure why you would want this information to disappear.

Another possibility is that the voter fraud charge was strategic - LE likely knew this story would be covered far and wide by the media. I imagine this is perhaps humiliating to a guy like Barry who likes to be in control, project a certain image, and views himself as “making the rules” vs. “following the rules”

LE in many other cases does things to put psychological stress on a POI (within reason) and perhaps they are hoping for an outburst or a crack that will lead them to Suzanne’s remains.

That and, (as @Summit1964 points out) voter fraud is a crime :rolleyes:

I believe now, more than ever that Suzanne's body was in the toolbox of his truck when he left for Broomfield and then had to clean all the tools in there and that explains the bleach smell. If he shot her at home, he would clean up with bleach so that explains the bleach there. So, I'm guessing her body is somewhere between Salida and Broomfield. I lean closer to Salida because I can't imagine how anxiety ridden a person would be if they were driving around with a body in their vehicle. Jmo
If they eventually find her remains just dumped somewhere out in the "open" and NOT buried under a tree (with the use of Bob and an auger) then he really is dumber than we thought. MOO.

Oh dang! Isn’t Dru Nielsen the same attorney who represented Krystal Lee Kenny in the Patrick Frazee murder trial? If so, she was named Denver’s top criminal attorney sometime back. Also represented a man charged with murder of his wife and the jury acquitted him.
Well, Barry does follow true crime...

Pic is dated from June 19, 2020...good find. Wonder if BM helped with that barbecue?o_O

MOO
Funny about this pic and article. I had posted back months ago wondering if that was possibly BM in the back row, 2nd from the left. I thought it looked a little like him. Alas, it’s just several of the LE he falsified/influenced with lies.

Correct. *GRAPHIC!!*
They have to have evidence of blood splatter/pooling blood, or blood on weapons, or brain tissue, cadaverine hits, etc. obviously the more the better for conviction without a body. they likely also found certain evidence in something that she was transported in.
I so hope she is found soon, both for her family's sake but also for better securing justice! moo!
If they searched that house twice and the first time for two weeks, they would have found that type evidence and arrested him then. I don't believe the new home owners found something in that house that LE missed. Who knows though, I could be 100% wrong.

I think people are coming out of the woodwork now that he is safely in jail and not likely to be getting out. MOO.
I think DA Linda Stanley and Sheriff Spezze are keeping their word: “This is an ongoing investigation.”
I think this new DA could be the reason we have finally seen movement on this case. She was “hungry” to get her hands on it! She’s going to nail BM. Good for her! Suzanne, your justice will come!

Hubby brought out guns and explained things to me as best as I understand but he completely agrees with this post. IMO
Quoting my own post because I am wondering if Barry acquired a permit and paid the tax for a particular gun? IMO
ETA what was the date on the new stuff? March 4 or something along those lines. Help please!

ROB QUIRK KOAA TV News 5 Colorado Springs
#BREAKINGNEWS Chaffee County
Barry Morphew is facing two new charges in connection with the alleged murder of his wife, Suzanne Morphew, who has been missing for more than a year.

Prosecutors have added tampering with a deceased human body, a class 3 felony, and possession of a dangerous weapon, a class 5 felony, to the list of charges Barry is already facing in the case, according to court documents filed Tuesday.

The new charges filed Tuesday means Barry is facing a total of five counts in connection with Suzanne’s disappearance. He is also facing charges of forgery in a separate case after he allegedly submitted a mail ballot in his wife's name in last year's election.

Tuesday’s filing lists eight public servants he is accused of trying to influence. The individuals include three agents with the Colorado Bureau of Investigation – Robin Burgess, Joseph Cahill, and Derek Graham – an FBI agent, Jonathan Grusing; a Chaffee County Sheriff’s Deputy Lamine Mullenax; and the chief investigator with the 11th Judicial District Attorney’s Office, Alexander Walker. Two individuals whose positions are not known – Damon Brown and Kenneth Harris – were also listed in the court filing.

They could not have charged him with tampering of human body with no body!

Not exactly true -- if they have evidence found in a certain place (blood on the floor, brain matter in the car trunk) and the actual whole body is not in that place, then someone has 'tampered' or 'moved' the body. Thus the charge.

It doesn't mean they have the whole body, nor does it mean that she was mutilated. The body only had to have done to it ONE of the things -- moved, mutilated, tampered with, destroyed, etc. -- and the charge is correct.

As much as I dislike Barry Morphew and was convinced he killed Suzanne. I honestly didn't really think he destroyed/mutilated/altered her body.
Now that this charge has come out, I think the ice chest conjecture has validity. I'm sad for Suzanne's family, even more for the girls. At some point they are going to have to reconcile the truth.

A huge shout-out to DA Stanley, she's the mountain lion who will destroy Barry Morphew's lies and bring justice to Suzanne. Oh the irony - the narcissistic big game hunter being taken down by a woman :)

Funny about this pic and article. I had posted back months ago wondering if that was possibly BM in the back row, 2nd from the left. I thought it looked a little like him. Alas, it’s just several of the LE he falsified/influenced with lies.

I think it's probably just a coincidence that half of the eight public servants BM allegedly tried to influence were in the photo. I found other articles showing the business that hosted the barbecue that picture was taken at. The articles show the business has also hosted other meals for LE...all complete with photos of smiling (apparently well fed) members of LE. Nice to see LE in Salida being appreciated.

MOO

NOTE: The complaint specifies "short rifle," not a sawed-off shotgun. So something that shoots bullets, not shot.
Short-barreled rifle - Wikipedia
I wonder if the dangerous weapon charge relates to something that was found in the post-arrest search of the defendant's condo. Thus, the late addition.
"It is a federal felony to possess an SBR in the United States unless it is registered with the ATF to the person who possesses it." Wikipedia

ROB QUIRK KOAA TV News 5 Colorado Springs
#BREAKINGNEWS Chaffee County
Barry Morphew is facing two new charges in connection with the alleged murder of his wife, Suzanne Morphew, who has been missing for more than a year.

Prosecutors have added tampering with a deceased human body, a class 3 felony, and possession of a dangerous weapon, a class 5 felony, to the list of charges Barry is already facing in the case, according to court documents filed Tuesday.

The new charges filed Tuesday means Barry is facing a total of five counts in connection with Suzanne’s disappearance. He is also facing charges of forgery in a separate case after he allegedly submitted a mail ballot in his wife's name in last year's election.

Tuesday’s filing lists eight public servants he is accused of trying to influence. The individuals include three agents with the Colorado Bureau of Investigation – Robin Burgess, Joseph Cahill, and Derek Graham – an FBI agent, Jonathan Grusing; a Chaffee County Sheriff’s Deputy Lamine Mullenax; and the chief investigator with the 11th Judicial District Attorney’s Office, Alexander Walker. Two individuals whose positions are not known – Damon Brown and Kenneth Harris – were also listed in the court filing.

Random question, MOO, if Damon Brown and Kenneth Harris were acting at Confidential Informants, would those roles qualify them as public servants?

Just curious given Sherriff Speeze’s background in Denver and the fact that these two names don’t immediately show up as LE/CBI/FBI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaLegend71