Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #59 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night Lauren Scharf released more audio from her interview with BM last September. Barry was giving multiple theories as to what could have happened to Suzanne. He even alluded once again to the bike and how all the evidence was gone. (quote and link below)

I have long wondered if along with staging the bike he didn't plant "evidence" on it, and that part of the reason he keeps bringing up the messed up/lossed evidence is because they didn't appreciate all his hard work. Maybe they messed up his (staged) crime scene? Just wondering if anyone else has thought the same? MOO

"How do we know somebody didn’t hit her on her bike and kill her but was on drugs or alcohol and freaked out and panicked and took her. How do we know anything because all the evidence right there is gone, Lauren.”

Chaffee County announces new charges against Barry Morphew | FOX21 News Colorado
Yes, how would he have known the evidence was gone if he wasn't supposed to know what evidence was there? How was he so sure LE did not collect important evidence from the bike or the scene?

He did seem to be fixated on the way investigators handled the scene as though that was the only part of the investigation that mattered. Never mind all the different agencies involved and all the resources used, it was the handling of the bike that messed up the entire investigation.

I do wonder what else he might have planted besides the other items that were found.

IMO

That reminds me. Initally I scratched my head over the fact fire-fighters were excluded from searching. Anyone else remember that? I chalked it up to a conflict of interest/internal affairs type of situation. Where Speeze wanted to keep a tight lid on things and knew fellow firefighters might share investigative details with ole Barry.
Yes. He probably knew Barry's FF friend had already criticized LE for the way they handled the bike and realized it would potentially be a problem. Imo

Yes, how would he have known the evidence was gone if he wasn't supposed to know what evidence was there? How was he so sure LE did not collect important evidence from the bike or the scene?

He did seem to be fixated on the way investigators handled the scene as though that was the only part of the investigation that mattered. Never mind all the different agencies involved and all the resources used, it was the handling of the bike that messed up the entire investigation.

I do wonder what else he might have planted besides the other items that were found.

IMO

BBM

Exactly! He acted as though he had knowledge that he couldn't have had unless he had a hand in whatever happened to the bike and therefore, Suzanne. I think fixated is a very appropriate word. MOO:rolleyes:

"How do we know somebody didn’t hit her on her bike and kill her but was on drugs or alcohol and freaked out and panicked and took her. How do we know anything because all the evidence right there is gone, Lauren.”

Chaffee County announces new charges against Barry Morphew | FOX21 News Colorado
The evidence being “gone” is what struck me. How do you know what’s gone, Barry? Are you experienced in forensics? A detective? Did LE share exactly how they process a scene with him? Did he rely on what his buddy relayed to him about what was going on at the bike staging? Was there no evidence at the site of the personal item found later? I hope we eventually get to see some of his 3-30 interviews down the road. I can only imagine the tales he told.

I wonder if Barry planted Suzanne’s blood on the bike in an effort to indicate whatever happened was on the bike. Maybe that’s why he is so chapped that everyone handled the bike and destroyed the evidence. Maybe that is how they know she is deceased and also why TN asked people to inquire about the bike’s condition then quickly hushed. IMO

That reminds me. Initally I scratched my head over the fact fire-fighters were excluded from searching. Anyone else remember that? I chalked it up to a conflict of interest/internal affairs type of situation. Where Speeze wanted to keep a tight lid on things and knew fellow firefighters might share investigative details with ole Barry.
I wonder if Barry's buddy that was conveniently on hand, to witness and criticize LE for the handling of the bike and "destroying evidence and the crime scene," wasn't one of the things that tipped Speeze off. MOO

The actual quote:

“My wife is probably the most beautiful woman in this county, and any bad guy would do that if they had the opportunity,” Morphew said.

What I thought was strange was that he used "my wife" instead of "Suzanne", it sounds very possessive. I also thought it was odd he used the word probably which would tend to indicate he isn't sure of what he's saying or isn't being truthful. And the thing I find the strangest is that there is some truth in his statement, "any bad guy would do that if they had the opportunity.” I heard it as, "...any a bad guy would did do that if when they he had the opportunity." Sounds like BM is the "bad guy" that did something to his wife when their daughters were out of town, i.e., he had the opportunity.

MOO/JMO
At one point he had her going off with people "she knew very well"? Do I remember that one right? Like she ran off.

The evidence being “gone” is what struck me. How do you know what’s gone, Barry? Are you experienced in forensics? A detective? Did LE share exactly how they process a scene with him? Did he rely on what his buddy relayed to him about what was going on at the bike staging? Was there no evidence at the site of the personal item found later? I hope we eventually get to see some of his 3-30 interviews down the road. I can only imagine the tales he told.
For him to know it was gone, he'd have to know it was there to begin with. And how could he have know that unless he as the one that put it there?

It has always struck me as odd that Barry immediately jumped to the conclusion, and wanted everyone else to as well, that Suzanne was missing. Just because the bike wasn't home, why did that mean she was missing? Why not that she had just gone for a late afternoon bike ride? If cell service there was patchy, the fact that they hadn't heard from her might not mean a thing. The neighbor having to go back to her house to keep placing calls to Barry, was that an indication of how bad the cell signals were there?

MOO

At one point he had her going off with people "she knew very well"? Do I remember that one right? Like she ran off.

That was from an interview Lauren Scharf did with BM on 8-20-2020:

"During a 25-minute conversation that took place Tuesday, Barry theorized over what may have happened to his wife. He mentioned the possibility of an animal attack, an accident, perhaps, with someone on the road, or even, he said, a run-in with someone who knows her well."

BBM

I do believe he qualifies for "someone who knows her well" or maybe thought he knew her well. I believe once again there was a little truth to what BM was saying. I believe she had a run-in with someone she knew well, and that someone disappeared her. MOO

‘People don’t know the truth’: Suzanne Morphew’s husband breaks silence after three months | FOX21 News Colorado

^^sbm

There are a few states where bail is allowed for defendants accused of murder but Colorado is not one of them. Defendants charged with murder in Colorado are held until their guilt or innocence is determined.

https://www.denver-colorado-crimina...il-bond-laws-and-rules/bail-bonds-in-colorado

Yes, I saw your link before and read it as saying does an alleged murderer have a right to bail. No. But maybe that doesn't mean they can't negotiate with the judge.

I had looked before for something definitive about it, but didn't find anything but your link and the one I have linked here.

Bail Amount by Crime | Denver Attorney Jeff Weeden

ETA ... just saw LaineyJ's post about someone who did get bail for 1st degree murder in CO. Well, let's just hope that BM doesn't.
Maybe that is why they are loading as many charges on him as possible - because besides wanting to charge him for all his law breaking they want to show that he is prone to breaking many facets of the law, so he needs to be denied any petition for bail.

Last edited:
It bothers me as well. I wonder if this attorney selection could be a major mistake for BM. As things progress these attorneys may realize the evil that has transpired and what or who they are actually representing and ask to be dismissed from the case. I doubt they have gotten the whole story from BM.

Hoss569

BBM above.
BM certainly has not been truthful with his attorneys.
They will have a real battle, getting him to explain matters presented in the AA.
I wish I was a 'fly on the wall' as BM changes his stories continually, in discussions with the Defence.
They will earn their money listening to BM's many lies.

I wonder if it was Suzanne's body that Barry moved on his last day at PP (March 3). We know that he very likely planted the bike, and the item aka helmet. We also know he was seen coming up out of the river, sweating and frantic, by TD. Did Barry have the evidence (body parts (sorry :(), murder weapon, etc.) hidden all over the PP property, where he slowly, one piece at a time, moved to Indiana, in all the trips he's taken there over the last year? Is that why he was putting up trail cams and guarding the place with a rifle during Andy's search?

Perhaps he went home to "bike and hike," to make the wife happy that Saturday. He knew what he had to do, which is why he cut work short with MG. He asked Suzanne to take a walk around the adjacent property ("Hey honey, come take a look at what I'm working on in the yard."), and he hid the short gun on his person or in a backpack, cooler, or tool bag. He had already dug her grave, and maybe he even shot her after knocking her down in the hole, hence no blood on the surface grass. He hastily buried her, then had to get rid of her ring, but in a safe place, so he could come back to get it later, bc greed. He had to get rid of her cell phone. Since those items were on Suzanne when she was shot, those are the items buried at the spots where the dogs hit. There was DNA on his bobcat from covering her remains, or from splatter. He used his landscaping skills to make the spot appear as though nothing was out of place. Upon selling the property, he had to take her with him bc control, so he moved her body to Indiana to his property there, as well as her personal items.

The only way I can explain the chlorine is if he dismembered her after he shot her, perhaps down in the hole, then he had to clean his tools and possibly his clothes. His skin still reeked when he got to the hotel, and that's why there were wet towels on the floor.

The elk rack was a red herring, to cover the possible smell of decomp around the house.

I'm so anxious for the rest of the puzzle pieces to be released. Not too much longer now.

With regards to the 8 public servants, I wondered if early on BM was asked to account for his and Suzanne’s movements from May 8 to May 10 including doing a “walk through” while these officers were present and he was later found to be lying.
btw I note in the LS interviews he is incapable of using Suzanne’s name
oh Barry
moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads