Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #63 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I respectfully disagree ... the police lie all the time. When it comes to building a case. For example, we have discussed before (I think on this thread) all the distortions they say in recorded interviews in their interview rooms. I have watched them do it on (US) true crime shows.

"Jimmy is in the next room pointing the finger, and you know who he is pointing it at" When Jimmy is doing no such thing, and is being told the exact same thing.
I understand....but credibility on the witness stand is at stake.....its better if cops don't lie.

Happens everyday and is completely within the limits of LE procedure.

Doesn't always play well with a jury, though.

And as to whether Barry had access to her texts - many married couples share an Apple Account (we do, everyone I know does). That means all texts are visible to both. And many married couples have each others' main passwords stored - so they can see each others' Facebooks.

That's considered normal where I live.

Although a Friday murder would have provided more time to hide remains, clean up, and work on the alibi, I am firmly convinced SM Saturday afternoon was the earliest possible time. The killer could not afford to have someone attempt to reach her earlier, fail, and begin to inquire - or worse, contact authorities. Normally, people wouldn't think it out of the ordinary if she didn't respond to a late afternoon call or text till the following day. BM didn't take account of the wedding, BFF, and SM's family - they blew up the plan from the beginning, IMO.
You’re right, the timing could only have been worse had he killed Suzanne on Friday. As it stands though, the timing was still horrendous.

Chris Watts’ plan fell apart as soon as it began, thanks to a friend of Shanann. Similarly, I think this plan fell apart because of another great friend, who raised the alarm very early on.

Imagine murdering your wife just before an important wedding, and thinking that wouldn’t set in motion a chain of events that would cast suspicion right on you.

Imagine thinking you could stage a disappearance of a low risk victim, in a low crime area, on Mother’s Day, and that not getting the entire country’s attention.

There’s never a good time to kill your wife, but Barry’s thinking here is incomprehensible.

Yes. I think his phone, vehicle gps, or surveillance footage put him there.

The FBI Evidence Response Team spending 3 days digging up someone’s private property based on some sounds heard by an elderly woman, just seems unlikely to me.

‘People don’t know the truth’: Suzanne Morphew’s husband breaks silence after three months | FOX21 News Colorado

SABBM:

Barry did admit an inconsistency in one timeline he provided to investigators.

“It was only because I didn’t know the time that I did something, a mechanical thing, to my bobcat,” he said. “I was confused and I just found out my wife was missing, and I was a little bit not in my right mind when they were asking me these questions, but I did the best I could and I answered everything. I never once declined any interview.”

I wonder if we're going to learn that BM forgot all about going to that site in the middle of the night to work on that durned mechanical thingy on his bobcat.

Poor Barry.

I'll bet that mechanical bobcat thingy was keeping him awake at night.

He probably couldn't fall asleep, ruminating about how he needed to get out there and take care of that mechanical thingy.

In typical, hard-working, conscientious, Barry-esque fashion, he likely decided there was no time like the present, and headed off in the wee hours to go do that mechanical thing to his bobcat.

It's the only explanation.

At least, it's the only explanation he could think of off the top of his head when LE asked him why his digital footprints placed him there at that site in the middle of the night.

J.M.O.

Remember when Chris M. visited BM's hometown in Indiana, and gave us an idea of how BM was raised as a child.....

Remember the anecdote about 14 year old BM illegally driving a car and crashing into someone's house......only to be saved by an older sister pretending SHE was the driver....

I wonder if this entire nightmare involving the murder of SM could have been avoided had young BM been taught to be honest and take responsibility for bad choices.

"Would ofs and could ofs are words we don't use...they only confuse us and give us the blues."

So, so sad and so, so unnecessary.

Barry, be honest now and take responsibility now.

MOO

Last edited:
Mod Note:

-Stop with the bickering back and forth
-Include links to statements being made as fact
-Leave the mental illness diagnostics to the professionals

Posts that continue down these paths will result in warnings, time outs, or possible thread bans.

Thanks,
Tiff

I am going out on a limb...with no intent to dig rabbit holes....But another "nagging" point for me is MG's account of two guys confronting her about testifying and discouraging her from giving up her cell phone to police, etc. This is clearly witness tampering, if not obstructing justice. Why weren't there any charges after a year against these two? And we know who they are, BTW. My guess is one or both flipped....and will be state's witnesses. After all....have we heard from them lately? Don't think so.

This entire incident has been blown out of proportion, IMO.

MG never said she was confronted about testifying. Or confronted at all. There was a statement about "hush money", but it was probably a light-hearted attempt at a joke. We have no context.

And, as far as the conversation about her cell phone, again - we don't know the context . Maybe, just maybe, the conversation went something like this:

MG: the police are asking for my phone, but I'm nervous about giving it to them. What do you think?

"Henchman" #1: I read somewhere that you aren't required to give your phone to law enforcement without a search warrant.

"Henchman" #2: Yeah. I heard on some TV show that you don't have to give up your phone.

MG: O.K. I'll think about it.

The conversation could have been just that innocent. So please, can we stop with the speculation about threats? BM sent these two people to see that MG received her pay. And she did.

MG never said she felt threatened.

MG never said she was confronted about testifying. Or confronted at all. There was a statement about "hush money", but it was probably a light-hearted attempt at a joke. We have no context.

And, as far as the conversation about her cell phone, again - we don't know the context . Maybe, just maybe, the conversation went something like this:

MG: the police are asking for my phone, but I'm nervous about giving it to them. What do you think?

"Henchman" #1: I read somewhere that you aren't required to give your phone to law enforcement without a search warrant.

"Henchman" #2: Yeah. I heard on some TV show that you don't have to give up your phone.

The conversation could have been just that innocent. So please, can we stop with the speculation about threats? BM sent these two people to see that MG received her pay. And she did.

That wasn't my take on MG's recollections, at all, and I don't believe her account of the incident can be linked here.

I think MG definitely felt intimidated. Who knows what Barry told the two about MG. She has a past and was probably concerned she was going to get dragged into Barry’s mess. I wish we had more from MG-I took her statements with a grain of salt. Lots of supposition in there. Like the worst night of his life comment. Just because she felt threatened doesn’t mean that GD and TN actually were threatening her. Machismo, alpha male stuff (in my opinion that would have been GD), I need more info to draw a conclusion.

Regarding the bolded part. Huh?

Do you have a credible source for that statement?

I have to agree with this.

In fact, the only person she ever made reference to feeling anything negative about, was BM.

So, all the other just seems, speculative.

Last edited:
I think MG definitely felt intimidated. Who knows what Barry told the two about MG. She has a past and was probably concerned she was going to get dragged into Barry’s mess. I wish we had more from MG-I took her statements with a grain of salt. Lots of supposition in there. Like the worst night of his life comment. Just because she felt threatened doesn’t mean that GD and TN actually were threatening her. Machismo, alpha male stuff (in my opinion that would have been GD), I need more info to draw a conclusion.

I don't see any innocent explanation whatsoever for that little visit GD and TN paid to MG.

That entire interaction has Barry's paw prints stamped all over it.

J.M.O.

Last edited:
<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

Those men telling MG that she didn’t have to turn over her phone, is incredibly problematic.

This wasn’t done in an effort to protect MG, rather, it could only have been done in an effort to protect Barry. What’s it to them if she turns over her phone to CBI or not?

In that article is says she was scared of Barry, so I think it’s reasonable to believe she would have been intimidated by men sent by him.

Last edited by a moderator:
What I was alluding to was whether or not there was conflict in the relationship detected by others...and how that played out..Did BM berate her in front of others because the hand towels in the bathroom weren't fully stocked? Did SM seem muzzled? How did this happy couple really behave in front of friends who saw them on a regular basis?

TO, Suzanne's stepbrother said he was with Suzanne at her house and they were having a fun conversation. Then Barry walked in and the entire mood changed. PE about 25:00 in.

Was she interviewed by PE or LS? I thought I heard her on a different podcast. Maybe she did more than one interview. Anyway, lights out for me - I'll try to find it tomorrow. Good night all and sweet dreams.

ETA: Just saw your comment addition. So it was on their videos. Again, I'll check tomorrow.
Yes, she was interviewed by Lauren and that link has been posted here numerous times since.

She didn't have to say it, the fact she repeated what happened in that encounter is enough. Think about it- these two are telling a known key witness, she doesn't have to cooperate with LE- while handing her a paycheck. o_O

IMO, it's not speculative to assume they were trying to sway/intimidate/strongly suggest/ Morgan not cooperate in the investigation into Suzanne's disappearance.

Those men telling MG that she didn’t have to turn over her phone, is incredibly problematic.

This wasn’t done in an effort to protect MG, rather, it could only have been done in an effort to protect Barry. What’s it to them if she turns over her phone to CBI or not?

In that article is says she was scared of Barry, so I think it’s reasonable to believe she would have been intimidated by men sent by him.

Suzanne was missing.

Barry should have been INSISTING that all his "meth-head" (his term) employees cooperate fully with LE.

Inexplicably, he appears to have taken the completely opposite tack.

Strange.

Last edited:

Or, she thought they were trying to be funny, or sound all sort of ganster or whatever. I get the impression she had some off-color remarks to Lauren about how these two actually came across to her about the "hush hush money". Entirely my own opinion, of course.

Truth is, we really DON'T know what she thought of these 2 mouthing off about "hush money", because she never actually said what she thought about it. I don't believe it's reasonable to assume she felt intimidated since she never alluded to feeling that way at all.

Being afraid of BM is not at all the same as being intimidated by the 2 sent to talk to her about her pay, and her cooperating with the investigation.

jmo

Or, she thought they were trying to be funny, or sound all sort of ganster or whatever. I get the impression she had some off-color remarks to Lauren about how these two actually came across to her about the "hush hush money". Entirely my own opinion, of course.

Truth is, we really DON'T know what she thought of these 2 mouthing off about "hush money", because she never actually said what she thought about it. I don't believe it's reasonable to assume she felt intimidated since she never alluded to feeling that way at all.

Being afraid of BM is not at all the same as being intimidated by the 2 sent to talk to her about her pay, and her cooperating with the investigation.

jmo
Two men were sent to talk to her by a man she was terrified of, a man who killed his wife.

These men told her that she didn’t have to cooperate with law enforcement. When she did talk to them, and turned over her phone, Barry promptly fired her.

So clearly one can draw an inference that they were serious, as Barry sure as hell was.

This was an effort to prevent her full cooperation, which may have been a crime. It’s the last part that’s the most important, not the “hush money” quip.

Edit: Link

‘I’m not the other woman’: Second contractor speaks out about Suzanne Morphew investigation | FOX21 News Colorado

Last edited:
Two men were sent to talk to her by a man she was terrified of, a man who killed his wife.

These men told her that she didn’t have to cooperate with law enforcement. When she did talk to them, and turned over her phone, Barry promptly fired her.

So clearly one can draw an inference that they were serious, as Barry sure as hell was.

This was an effort to prevent her full cooperation, which may have been a crime.

Nope, I don't think for a second they were "serious" as in, "we know Barry killed his wife so you need to shut up, and decline giving your phone to LE."

I think they were mouthing off, probably repeating what BM told them to say, in defense of him.

I also think, once they realized LE was not letting up on Barry, there might be a real good reason to distance themselves from him.

Unless MG tells it herself, I don't think she was ever intimidated by these two.
Annoyed, likely, but not intimidated, since clearly, she didn't listen to their stupid suggestions and she did in fact hand over her phone and cooperated fully with LE. Not something intimidated women will generally do.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member