Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #63 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the neighbor didn't have a clue as to the color of her bike and was going by what she was told by Barry, either by himself or through a third party.

Then she didn't see any bike in the garage. And I wonder where the parts bike was that Barry supposedly bought. Or did he? I still wonder if Suzanne's bike was in the shop being fixed.

Or, she thought they were trying to be funny, or sound all sort of ganster or whatever. I get the impression she had some off-color remarks to Lauren about how these two actually came across to her about the "hush hush money". Entirely my own opinion, of course.

Truth is, we really DON'T know what she thought of these 2 mouthing off about "hush money", because she never actually said what she thought about it. I don't believe it's reasonable to assume she felt intimidated since she never alluded to feeling that way at all.

Being afraid of BM is not at all the same as being intimidated by the 2 sent to talk to her about her pay, and her cooperating with the investigation.

jmo
She also said she was approached when she got back to town, so there was probably a lot of activity going on during the initial search. At that time she wouldn't have had any reason to be intimidated by them. I think she would have been more concerned about finding Suzanne. In her first interview she told Lauren that she had worked with Barry a long time and had always respected him. It wasn't until after all the rumors that she was the "other woman" that she spoke with Lauren again. By that time she had probably started to change her mind about him, especially if he fired her for cooperating with investigators. Imo

I definitely think it’s significant, and I do not for a second believe that law enforcement excavated that location just based on the sounds the neighbor heard.

I’m convinced they can actually put Barry there.
One thought I've had is that he dug a burial site there on Friday night in preparation for killing her on Saturday, but ended up not using it for some reason. That would explain the noises the neighbor heard, the search, the fact that they didn't find anything, and the first degree murder charge. The flaw with the theory is that he was working at the site on Saturday morning with MG, so she would presumably have noticed something like that. But maybe not if they were only working in a different area and he had covered the hole he dug the night before.

I suspect the search there had far more to do with what MG told investigators, and how it possibly lined up with his digital footprint on the night(s) in question. She (MG) did say BM was there Friday evening, so what the heck was the guy hired to lay dirt, doing there after hours?
Exactly.
If he was there creeping around a wotk site one night, why not another.

Mod Note:

This thread is being re-opened, and will be monitored closely to avoid events such as occurred the last 24 hours. Of specific note many posts were removed for:

-bickering, arguing, snarky comments
-information stated as fact with no link
-challenging other posters
-bringing in mental health or social injustice issues

Any posts that violate TOS or the bullets above will be removed with warning points, possible time outs or thread bans. Please “like” this post to acknowledge you are aware of these clear guidelines as there will be zero tolerance of future violations.

Last edited:
‘People don’t know the truth’: Suzanne Morphew’s husband breaks silence after three months | FOX21 News Colorado

SABBM:

Barry did admit an inconsistency in one timeline he provided to investigators.

“It was only because I didn’t know the time that I did something, a mechanical thing, to my bobcat,” he said. “I was confused and I just found out my wife was missing, and I was a little bit not in my right mind when they were asking me these questions, but I did the best I could and I answered everything. I never once declined any interview.”

I wonder if we're going to learn that BM forgot all about going to that site in the middle of the night to work on that durned mechanical thingy on his bobcat.

Poor Barry.

I'll bet that mechanical bobcat thingy was keeping him awake at night.

He probably couldn't fall asleep, ruminating about how he needed to get out there and take care of that mechanical thingy.

In typical, hard-working, conscientious, Barry-esque fashion, he likely decided there was no time like the present, and headed off in the wee hours to go do that mechanical thing to his bobcat.

It's the only explanation.

At least, it's the only explanation he could think of off the top of his head when LE asked him why his digital footprints placed him there at that site in the middle of the night.

J.M.O.

Also, if my wife was missing (and I was innocent) you better believe I’d remember every single thing I did and very small detail. I’d be doing everything I could do to be truthful with LE in the hopes it would help them find my wife and prove my innocence.

BM, not so much.

Then she didn't see any bike in the garage. And I wonder where the parts bike was that Barry supposedly bought. Or did he? I still wonder if Suzanne's bike was in the shop being fixed.

MOO and this is nothing more than complete speculation.

But I would be curious when the girls left for their trip. In one of the Daily Mail articles, there is a pic of a baby blue, full suspension mountain bike on the back of a Suburu Outback.

It’s quite possible that SM was going to let one of the girls borrow her bike for their trip. She could have taken it to Scot for a tune up, picked it up on Thursday, and then let the girls take it with them. Of course, if the girls left before Thursday that doesn’t work. But that Bike in the DM article, IMO, is SM’s Santa Cruz bike.

But I could see a scenario where BM plans the girls trip and pays for it. Then learns that they will be taking SM’s bike with them, so he buys the pink bike and this adds another piece of evidence to premeditated murder.

I agree she probably didn't know (Noah?) his nephew nor the other, big imposing guy and likely felt threatened. Why would BM send people instead of calling her to inform her of her rights and send the check in the mail? So yeah, there's that.
I don't care what they believed but intimidating someone about handing over their phone to LE in a murder/missing person investigation is not legal. There was a reason, no doubt. Maybe there was other incriminating evidence on her phone that was unrelated to the murder that may or may not have involved one or both of these individuals for them to stick their necks out like that. A normal/innocent person doesn't do that for the sake of an INNOCENT friend.
Initially, the nephew was the one who very loudly conveyed how the bike was in bad shape and compromised by LE.
"Look at the bike!" He was the 'spokesperson' (and supposedly the creator of the Go_Me) who then went poof.
It was Andy who said he didn't believe that there was a bike ride and how it looked as though it was thrown down the ravine.
I think they flipped on Barry.
ETA: Told what they knew.
Yes, Andy did say the bike looked like it was thrown down there but apparently others thought so too. I was actually referring to much earlier when Andy first went to Salida to help search, before he ever suspected Barry. Initially Andy said he believed Suzanne was abducted by a stranger. In the first PE interview he said he felt terrible for Barry because he was stressed about Suzanne and had not gotten any sleep.

It wasn't until a couple of months later, when CBI went to Indiana that he realized Barry had not been cooperating after the investigator asked him why he felt Barry wasn't involved. I think Andy spent a lot of time talking to people in Salida which helped him come up with his own theory.

I don't think MG was intimidated by GD, or any of the workers, for that matter. They both apparently worked at the beach site and I've never heard her say anything negative about him. It was GD who said the bike had been compromised by LE, not the nephew. And yes, he was very outspoken at first but later seemed to distance himself from BM. I don't know how much they cooperated in the investigation, but I don't think they did anything "illegal." It's not against the law to tell someone what their rights are.
I do think they believed BM was innocent, but I'm not sure what they think now. They may be waiting to hear the evidence against him.

IMO

If SMs facebook account identifies searches for male friends, it will be interesting to see if those searches were made directly from SMs tablet or desktop...or, remotely by a cell phone...and if so, whose phone?
Has it been clarified just what happened?...I've heard several variations of this rumor but never clarification whether it was direct friend requests sent through her account or if it was the "people you may know" coming into her account. It's hard to determine if this is of any significance without knowing what actually happened.

Has it been clarified just what happened?...I've heard several variations of this rumor but never clarification whether it was direct friend requests sent through her account or if it was the "people you may know" coming into her account. It's hard to determine if this is of any significance without knowing what actually happened.

A verified friend in IN who posts (Hoosier?) said that both friend requests were made to males that were BM’s age that lived in IN, as well as connection recommendations to other IN people that knew BM and SM.

Yes, Andy did say the bike looked like it was thrown down there but apparently others thought so too. I was actually referring to much earlier when Andy first went to Salida to help search, before he ever suspected Barry. Initially Andy said he believed Suzanne was abducted by a stranger. In the first PE interview he said he felt terrible for Barry because he was stressed about Suzanne and had not gotten any sleep.

It wasn't until a couple of months later, when CBI went to Indiana that he realized Barry had not been cooperating after the investigator asked him why he felt Barry wasn't involved. I think Andy spent a lot of time talking to people in Salida which helped him come up with his own theory.

I don't think MG was intimidated by GD, or any of the workers, for that matter. They both apparently worked at the beach site and I've never heard her say anything negative about him. It was GD who said the bike had been compromised by LE, not the nephew. And yes, he was very outspoken at first but later seemed to distance himself from BM. I don't know how much they cooperated in the investigation, but I don't think they did anything "illegal." It's not against the law to tell someone what their rights are.
I do think they believed BM was innocent, but I'm not sure what they think now. They may be waiting to hear the evidence against him.

IMO
I agree with most of what you posted. The only problem in my mind is Andy wasn't there. Other than things that happened when Andy was first in Salida and giving first hand accounts and then returned in the fall and could give first hand accounts over and over we hear Andy said this and Andy said that and many of those are second or third hand accounts and/or his "opinion". So Andy saying the bike looked like it was thrown down doesn't mean much because he wasn't there (and didn't arrive until I think he said Tuesday but I can't remember) and didn't see it. That's a general bug a boo for "us" the public with this case...so little first hand accounts.

A verified friend in IN who posts (Hoosier?) said that both friend requests were made to males that were BM’s age that lived in IN, as well as connection recommendations to other IN people that knew BM and SM.
I believe this is one of the most egregious mistakes that BM made...to pose as SM, and likely leaving a digital trail, if proven as such. I have always felt that SM will have to be discredited in some capacity during trial. That just seems to be where the narcissistic suspect gravitates to in order to defend the indefensible.

But were they friend requests?....that is the verification I'm looking for. There is a big difference - one is a direct action by a user and the other is an algorithm of Facebook that could be triggered by who knows what - looking at a profile of an old family friend, working on a reunion, clicking on a post of Andy's if he has Facebook, a half dozen possibilities I can think of off the top of my head. Friends of my husband, my sister and brother who I don't know pop up all the time in my "people you might know" depending on what "I" click or like or do.

I agree with most of what you posted. The only problem in my mind is Andy wasn't there. Other than things that happened when Andy was first in Salida and giving first hand accounts and then returned in the fall and could give first hand accounts over and over we hear Andy said this and Andy said that and many of those are second or third hand accounts and/or his "opinion". So Andy saying the bike looked like it was thrown down doesn't mean much because he wasn't there (and didn't arrive until I think he said Tuesday but I can't remember) and didn't see it. That's a general bug a boo for "us" the public with this case...so little first hand accounts.
‘An animal did not attack her’: Missing Suzanne Morphew’s brother says he thinks someone tossed her bike down a hill; pleads with Barry Morphew to take a polygraph test
This is from August. Andy talked about having a discussion with Barry about how the bike ended up where it was found.

It wasn't just the small area that was searched.

"The sheriff’s office says while they searched multiple locations on the property, they did not make any connection to Suzanne’s case. They also did not release details about the search." Search For Suzanne Morphew In Salida Concludes With No New Clues

I think those locations also had to do with whatever MG told them about what they did there Saturday morning, and what BM said he was doing there Friday evening.

jmo

The article quoted left off one important phrase that was included in the CCSO’s press release. (See phrase bolded by me.) Unless they had found a fully intact identifiable body, they would not have been able to say they found anything connected to SM at that time. It would be months before they would get any lab results back to confirm whether or not anything found during the search linked back to SM. And we know that we wouldn’t get any information about the lab results because this case has been sealed up tighter than a drum by all the LE agencies involved. MOO

CHAFFEE COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE
Salida, Colorado
PRESS RELEASE
May 24, 2020

The three-day search conducted at a residence on County Road 105 on the east side of Salida has concluded. Investigators with the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office, CBI and FBI went to the site to follow-up on leads developed during the course of the Suzanne Morphew missing person case.

Investigators searched several locations on the property; however, they were unable to make any connection to Suzanne Morphew’s case at this time. Details about the search are not available, as this is part of the active investigation.

The property owner was fully cooperative with law enforcement and not connected with the disappearance of Ms. Morphew.

“We will continue to follow-up on leads as they are identified and vetted by sheriff’s office investigators, the CBI and FBI,” said Chaffee County Sheriff John Spezze.

Hundreds of tips related to Ms. Morphew’s case have been called to the designated tip line. The public is asked to continue to report any information about this case by calling (719) 312-7530.

“Someone has that key piece of information in this case that will help us locate Suzanne, and I’m asking our community members to continue to use the tip line to provide any information, no matter how inconsequential the tip may seem,” said Sheriff Spezze.

There are no searches set for Monday. Additionally, there are no plans for a media briefing on Monday.

*****Chaffee County Sheriff John Spezze*****

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member