Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #63 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m very fearful SMs remains will never be located. BM was so cocky & confident he was going to get away with this. He thought “no body , no crime.” I think he may have used his auger attached to that dang bobcat, dug a very deep vertical hole, shoved her 110 lb body into a large YETI cooler, covered her with lye or some other chemical to hasten decomp., sealed the cooler and buried her. Than placed some nice Barry Boulders on top of her so there’s no ground disturbance showing. As the ground settles, no ones the wiser with the huge rocks stacked on top. Moving huge boulders may be how he damaged his plate on the bobcat and needed it repaired post haste at BRI on Saturday afternoon, if JP’s statements are somewhat accurate. With everything he had going on that Saturday, he took the time to fix the bobcat! MOO EBM delete double post

Could he have claimed her as an employee on the COVID Relief Loan? With what we know of his ballot fraud, I wouldn’t be shocked if he did.
LOL yes, just like he thought he could vote for her…BM doesn't pay attention to the rules & laws. Shame on you Barry! moo

Last edited:
Your post has me wondering whether BM laid the cards (these cards) on the table at some point hoping for Suzanne to reconsider her unhappiness and desire to move on. IMO
Remember when Suzanne?
If Suzanne told him she wanted a divorce, he probably would have made her feel guilty, reminding her of 'all the things' he did for her and how unappreciated he is. I think he would have done his best to destroy her confidence and make her feel like she wouldn't be able to make it on her own. In the end, that's exactly what he did. She never had a chance. Imo

The PPP loan was approved the same week (just 5 days before) SM went missing.⬇️
from the link provided by @TKG post
$53,745
Jobs Retained: 9
Loan Approved: 2020-05-02
Loan Status: Ongoing Loan
Lender: Bank of the West

Just to clarify, I don’t remember if we ever found out whether BMs company had “employees” on payroll or if they were “contract” workers hired by the job. There’s no way of knowing unless we have access to IRS records or his business books. I think most of us pretty much ‘assume’ he basically hired contract workers, but nothing has been set in stone on that issue, iirc.
The PPP loan BM rec’d I’m 99.99% sure was obtained fraudulently bc I do not think he honestly had 9 full time employees on payroll. BM doesn’t pay attention to pesky laws on the books.
Where’s your missing wife, Barry? Hope your oatmeal is lumpy and cold! Caged Guy! MOO
Replying to my own post, too late to edit.
PPP loan approved
May 2, 2020 8 days before SM “disappeared.”
My math is fuzzy this early :p:eek:

Replying to my own post, too late to edit.
PPP loan approved
May 2, 2020 8 days before SM “disappeared.”
My math is fuzzy this early :p:eek:

"The SBA further clarifies how long the lender has to disburse funds: “The lender must make a one-time, full disbursement of the PPP loan within ten calendar days of loan approval."
When Will My PPP Loan Be Funded? | Merchant Maverick

I wonder what BM actually did with the money. Did he continue working and paying workers after Suzanne went missing?

"The SBA further clarifies how long the lender has to disburse funds: “The lender must make a one-time, full disbursement of the PPP loan within ten calendar days of loan approval."

I wonder what BM actually did with the money. Did he continue working and paying workers after Suzanne went missing?
I think he did keep working. If you recall the news interview with the condo neighbor in Poncha Springs he mentioned Barry was working on the development. Some of that loan can be used to replace his lost wages but it is not a significant amount given the smallish loan and operating expenses but it looks like the balance would need to be paid back per the loan/grant terms.

Excellent question! Who knows? He was very busy “searching 200 square miles” for Suzanne with his Barry Army. He was also busy obtaining the guardianship in Indiana, bought the vacant 2 acre lot, sold SMs car, bought himself a new pickup in Indiana, vacations to Mexico, hunting trips, busy selling her clothes, and also stopping along the way to talk with TD! Oh, we can’t forget the gym push-up contests he won! Busy, busy Barry and the BobCat! I’m thinking in a town of 3,000 people, there just wouldn’t be one landscape job after another. My grandfather lived in a town of 2800 people. So, I’ve got a pretty good feel as far as size. There ain’t much happenin’…..:):cool: MOO

Last edited:
I think he did keep working. If you recall the news interview with the condo neighbor in Poncha Springs he mentioned Barry was working on the development. Some of that loan can be used to replace his lost wages but it is not a significant amount given the smallish loan and operating expenses but it looks like the balance would need to be paid back per the loan/grant terms.
BBM That conversation took place one year after SM went missing! Not sure what BM did for a year as far as jobs/work goes. His “lost wages” from his vacation trips or hunting trips, or would he lose wages because Of pickup shopping trips to Indiana? MOO

Excellent question! Who knows? He was very busy “searching 200 square miles” for Suzanne with his Barry Army. He was also busy obtaining the guardianship in Indiana, bought the vacant 2 acre lot, sold SMs car, bought himself a new pickup in Indiana, vacations to Mexico, hunting trips, busy selling her clothes, and also stopping along the way to talk with TD! Oh, we can’t forget the gym push-up contests he won! Busy, busy Barry and the BobCat! I’m thinking in a town of 3,000 people, there just wouldn’t be one landscape job after another. My grandfather lived in a town of 2800 people. So, I’ve got a pretty good feel as far as size. There ain’t much happenin’…..:):cool: MOO

I just find it interesting - and coincidental - that Suzanne 'disappeared' right at the exact time that BM would likely have been actually receiving the $53,745. Within 10 days of the PPP loan approval.

Last edited:
I just find interesting - and coincidental - that Suzanne 'disappeared' right at the exact time that BM would likely have been actually receiving the $53,745. Within 10 days of the PPP loan approval.
I suspect there are quite a few coincidences in this case. Classic causation vs correlation at play.

Yeah, it would be very interesting to know just how troubled their marriage was in those final weeks and any account/access related changes that may or may not have occurred at SM’s discretion.

Perhaps that loan turned out to be MG, CC and JP’s ‘hush money’.

IMO, the potentially fraudulent loans shows:

-BM is fine playing outside the rules as long as it benefits him
-BM will do anything for money

I don’t think she was an employee. I think Barry hired labor as needed for each job like day laborers type situation. So “fired” was probably more like “you are never working for me again.”

“He fired me because I gave up my phone, I wasn’t staying quiet and I was complying with CBI,” she said of that interaction. “I feel like if he was innocent, he would have talked to me. I worked with him every day for a long time.”

But Barry Morphew has questioned Gentile’s character in conversations he’s had with FOX21.

“She’s a meth head,” Barry said. “She’s mad at me because I fired her and don’t let her work for me anymore. She’s mad. So they’re not gonna say anything good about me.”

‘I’m not the other woman’: Second contractor speaks out about Suzanne Morphew investigation | FOX21 News Colorado

I think MG did work for BM. I think she was perhaps the only one who was more or less permanent. I’ve always thought of her as like a sidekick. He plugged her in wherever he needed an extra hand. I thought early on that she may have had a crush on him, the big man around town. He probably knew this and took advantage of her. He had her working weekends and thought nothing of calling her at 4:00 am Mother’s Day morning to gather a work crew. I’m sure BM counted her as one of his 9 employees on his PPP loan application.
People like JP and CC were hired as needed.
MOO

“He fired me because I gave up my phone, I wasn’t staying quiet and I was complying with CBI,” she said of that interaction. “I feel like if he was innocent, he would have talked to me. I worked with him every day for a long time.”

But Barry Morphew has questioned Gentile’s character in conversations he’s had with FOX21.

“She’s a meth head,” Barry said. “She’s mad at me because I fired her and don’t let her work for me anymore. She’s mad. So they’re not gonna say anything good about me.”

‘I’m not the other woman’: Second contractor speaks out about Suzanne Morphew investigation | FOX21 News Colorado

I think MG did work for BM. I think she was perhaps the only one who was more or less permanent. I’ve always thought of her as like a sidekick. He plugged her in wherever he needed an extra hand. I thought early on that she may have had a crush on him, the big man around town. He probably knew this and took advantage of her. He had her working weekends and thought nothing of calling her at 4:00 am Mother’s Day morning to gather a work crew. I’m sure BM counted her as one of his 9 employees on his PPP loan application.
MOO
Totally agree with your thoughts on “employee” and “hired as needed.” The “firing” seems to indicate a real job, too. MOO

MOO
Yes, going by her statements they seemed to have a good work relationship. MG thought he would have at least given her an explanation if he had just had the worst night of his life.

She may be an independent contractor, but apparently he hired her for a lot of jobs. I don't know if he would be able to claim she was a full time employee for the loan, though. Do sub-contractors count?

Either way, wasn't the loan forgiven? I thought I read that but it may have just been speculation.

I suspect that if LE had to arrest BM in haste - which is very possible, if he was planning on leaving - that LE could still be following up on clues and quietly searching for Suzanne.
Yes, I think LE may have had information that BM was about to make a run for it. I hope they have several informants, perhaps BM's former friends, co-workers. We will never know details until trial, I guess.

Totally agree with your thoughts on “employee” and “hired as needed.” The “firing” seems to indicate a real job, too. MOO
He may have fired her for the jobs she was working on and then just never hired her again. Barry did say she was mad because he fired her and didn't let her work for him "no more."

The only workers we've heard about are the three that went to Broomfield. I wonder who finished the beach job and the wall job.

He may have fired her for the jobs she was working on and then just never hired her again. Barry did say she was mad because he fired her and didn't let her work for him "no more."

The only workers we've heard about are the three that went to Broomfield. I wonder who finished the beach job and the wall job.
The beach job I think was done. The last thing they did was rake out the area around the rocks and the inlet from what can be seen on photos. I think Lauren reported that someone else rebuilt the wall in Broomfield. If I have time I'll go look for that interview of hers and attach it otherwise it most likely is in the archives.

Yes, going by her statements they seemed to have a good work relationship. MG thought he would have at least given her an explanation if he had just had the worst night of his life.

She may be an independent contractor, but apparently he hired her for a lot of jobs. I don't know if he would be able to claim she was a full time employee for the loan, though. Do sub-contractors count?

Either way, wasn't the loan forgiven? I thought I read that but it may have just been speculation.

https://www.womply.com/blog/what-counts-as-employees-for-paycheck-protection-progam-loans/

This says: Independent contractors do not count as employees under the Paycheck Protection Program. You can still pay them with your loan, as they qualify as a legitimate expense, but that portion you spend on them will not qualify for loan forgiveness if it is used to pay independent contractors. Which would mean that the smallish loan might have to have some or all to be paid back.. The interest rate is 1% and the maturity was extended. It's all very complex about what, when and how but my guess is he got approved based on the requirements of the original loan and historical records and would have benefited from the June updates that were passed by Congress. I personally don't think there is much "interesting" about that loan and this case. It's small, it's probably legitimate and some of it might have to be paid back in the next couple years TBD but the interest is very low.

Editing to add the forgiveness qualifiers:
Here’s how borrowers decide which forgiveness application to use. You may use Form 3508EZ if:
  • You are self-employed and have no employees; OR
  • You did not reduce the salaries or wages of employees by more than 25%, and did not reduce the number or hours of employees; OR
  • You experienced reductions in business activity as a result of health directives related to COVID-19, and did not reduce the salaries or wages of employees by more than 25%.

I’m very fearful SMs remains will never be located. BM was so cocky & confident he was going to get away with this. He thought “no body , no crime.” I think he may have used his auger attached to that dang bobcat, dug a very deep vertical hole, shoved her 110 lb body into a large YETI cooler, covered her with lye or some other chemical to hasten decomp., sealed the cooler and buried her. Than placed some nice Barry Boulders on top of her so there’s no ground disturbance showing. As the ground settles, no ones the wiser with the huge rocks stacked on top. Moving huge boulders may be how he damaged his plate on the bobcat and needed it repaired post haste at BRI on Saturday afternoon, if JP’s statements are somewhat accurate. With everything he had going on that Saturday, he took the time to fix the bobcat! MOO EBM delete double post

I couldn't agree more. I've always thought this is EXACTLY what he did to hide the remains. If only he would do the right thing, confess, and give her family and friends some peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay