Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #63 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m very fearful SMs remains will never be located. BM was so cocky & confident he was going to get away with this. He thought “no body , no crime.” I think he may have used his auger attached to that dang bobcat, dug a very deep vertical hole, shoved her 110 lb body into a large YETI cooler, covered her with lye or some other chemical to hasten decomp., sealed the cooler and buried her. Than placed some nice Barry Boulders on top of her so there’s no ground disturbance showing. As the ground settles, no ones the wiser with the huge rocks stacked on top. Moving huge boulders may be how he damaged his plate on the bobcat and needed it repaired post haste at BRI on Saturday afternoon, if JP’s statements are somewhat accurate. With everything he had going on that Saturday, he took the time to fix the bobcat! MOO EBM delete double post
Thinking of that Saturday makes me feel sad. Shouldn’t a decent man have been concentrating on maybe taking his wife out for the evening since his daughters were gone and it was the night before Mother’s Day? Or maybe spending an afternoon in town buying her a nice gift? Or maybe taking her for that bike ride he told his employee about?

After Suzanne fought cancer and moving to CO and leaving her Indiana home so this man could live in his man cave and do his hunting (whatever!), he repays her with murder. Justice cannot come soon enough.

I assume it's because the way the MSM described her (contractor) that I never got the impression she was an actual employee of BM's landscaping business.

There used to be a site for Colorado that listed all businesses and all employees of those businesses but it's been years, and I can't seem to locate it. In any case, I'm not at all convinced BM had any actual employees. If he did, what the heck was the scramble to put a crew together all about?

If he had actual emplpoyees, they'd have shown up wherever they meet each day (the house, an office, wherever) and headed out to the jobsite in Broomfield. And it wouldn't have been a rush, because there was no deadline on this job.

jmo

https://www.womply.com/blog/what-counts-as-employees-for-paycheck-protection-progam-loans/

This says: Independent contractors do not count as employees under the Paycheck Protection Program. You can still pay them with your loan, as they qualify as a legitimate expense, but that portion you spend on them will not qualify for loan forgiveness if it is used to pay independent contractors. Which would mean that the smallish loan might have to have some or all to be paid back.. The interest rate is 1% and the maturity was extended. It's all very complex about what, when and how but my guess is he got approved based on the requirements of the original loan and historical records and would have benefited from the June updates that were passed by Congress. I personally don't think there is much "interesting" about that loan and this case. It's small, it's probably legitimate and some of it might have to be paid back in the next couple years TBD but the interest is very low.

Editing to add the forgiveness qualifiers:
Here’s how borrowers decide which forgiveness application to use. You may use Form 3508EZ if:
  • You are self-employed and have no employees; OR
  • You did not reduce the salaries or wages of employees by more than 25%, and did not reduce the number or hours of employees; OR
  • You experienced reductions in business activity as a result of health directives related to COVID-19, and did not reduce the salaries or wages of employees by more than 25%.
BBM
The reason the loan is interesting is Barry’s claim of 9 employees. A poster said that MG can’t sue Barry for retaliation and wrongful termination because she’s only a contractor instead of an employee. But, at the same time, if Barry claimed her as an employee on his loan application, then perhaps she could sue him after all.
The more lawsuits for BM, the better.

BBM
The reason the loan is interesting is Barry’s claim of 9 employees. A poster said that MG can’t sue Barry for retaliation and wrongful termination because she’s only a contractor instead of an employee. But, at the same time, if Barry claimed her as an employee on his loan application, then perhaps she could sue him after all.
The more lawsuits for BM, the better.
I think the concept FTE and part time employees in the traditional sense of the word only counts for loan forgiveness. As I mentioned day labor/1099 labor is an expense item on the loan. But you would almost need all his paperwork to evaluate the bank approval against guidelines. And really with 1 percent interest and the ability for sole owners to replace their own lost salary it was worth the time and effort to apply even if it was for only $50,000 which I assume was a fraction of a years expenses and lost income and the interest was so low paying some of it back isn’t a big deal. But with the amount of vitriol someone has probably attempted to report his loan.

In my opinion it would cost MG more than she would reap both in cost for a lawyer and potentially ability to find future work with any kind of civil action.

I assume it's because the way the MSM described her (contractor) that I never got the impression she was an actual employee of BM's landscaping business.

There used to be a site for Colorado that listed all businesses and all employees of those businesses but it's been years, and I can't seem to locate it. In any case, I'm not at all convinced BM had any actual employees. If he did, what the heck was the scramble to put a crew together all about?

If he had actual emplpoyees, they'd have shown up wherever they meet each day (the house, an office, wherever) and headed out to the jobsite in Broomfield. And it wouldn't have been a rush, because there was no deadline on this job.

jmo
I thought it was MG herself who said she was an independent contractor? I can't remember what her trade was but I thought she said she was a welder and was also contracted by another company.

And yes, I've always thought a contractor can put a crew together whereas an employee cannot. Imo

Thinking of that Saturday makes me feel sad. Shouldn’t a decent man have been concentrating on maybe taking his wife out for the evening since his daughters were gone and it was the night before Mother’s Day? Or maybe spending an afternoon in town buying her a nice gift? Or maybe taking her for that bike ride he told his employee about?

After Suzanne fought cancer and moving to CO and leaving her Indiana home so this man could live in his man cave and do his hunting (whatever!), he repays her with murder. Justice cannot come soon enough.
Yeah, I know how you feel. Barry did not deserve Suzanne.

I thought it was MG herself who said she was an independent contractor? I can't remember what her trade was but I thought she said she was a welder and was also contracted by another company.

And yes, I've always thought a contractor can put a crew together whereas an employee cannot. Imo
She could have applied for her own loan or unemployment to replace lost income from the downturn in jobs...but sometimes people want "cash" and they can't prove their income...and I'm not saying she did the cash transactions, just pointing out that there is still that type of work relationships going on all the time and anyone that was impacted by the downturn had some avenues to replace income. She may very well have had enough work even without Barry's.

I think the concept FTE and part time employees in the traditional sense of the word only counts for loan forgiveness. As I mentioned day labor/1099 labor is an expense item on the loan. But you would almost need all his paperwork to evaluate the bank approval against guidelines. And really with 1 percent interest and the ability for sole owners to replace their own lost salary it was worth the time and effort to apply even if it was for only $50,000 which I assume was a fraction of a years expenses and lost income and the interest was so low paying some of it back isn’t a big deal. But with the amount of vitriol someone has probably attempted to report his loan.

In my opinion it would cost MG more than she would reap both in cost for a lawyer and potentially ability to find future work with any kind of civil action.

I think a $53,000 PPP loan obtained perhaps fraudulently by lying on the application stating he had 9 employees is a HUGE BIG FREAKIN’ DEAL!. I’m more black & white than you, I guess. Fraud is fraud! If somewhere (way back when) BM had been taught to not lie, cheat & steal and paid for his mistakes instead of being treated as a “golden boy” and enabled by everyone in his life, Suzanne Moorman might still be alive. We on WS discussed the PPP loan at length about the time BM was arrested. Many posts about the PPP loan, the application, etc. There is a completely different loan application to complete if you utilize contractors (1099). All the links and discussions are several threads back. I just don’t understand how you see it as “no big deal” for BM to not abide by the law when it’s only $53,000. Those are my tax dollars, as well as yours, he’s stealing, how’s that ever okay? I think it’s a bigger issue than the gun charge (unless the gun is tied directly to SM’s Murder). People like BM think they are above the laws in this country. They’re not! Pragmatic thoughts are always appreciated, but it’s not truly being pragmatic if you ignore facts to reach your pragmatic conclusions. That sounded kind of wonky, I’ll stop before I ramble more. My 2 cents MOO

She could have applied for her own loan or unemployment to replace lost income from the downturn in jobs...but sometimes people want "cash" and they can't prove their income...and I'm not saying she did the cash transactions, just pointing out that there is still that type of work relationships going on all the time and anyone that was impacted by the downturn had some avenues to replace income. She may very well have had enough work even without Barry's.
Yeah, I got the impression she didn't "need" to work for Barry and was perfectly capable of finding other jobs, considering her trade. She did end up getting paid for her work for him so there was apparently no loss in that regard. Imo

I think a $53,000 PPP loan obtained perhaps fraudulently by lying on the application stating he had 9 employees is a HUGE BIG FREAKIN’ DEAL!. I’m more black & white than you, I guess. Fraud is fraud! If somewhere (way back when) BM had been taught to not lie, cheat & steal and paid for his mistakes instead of being treated as a “golden boy” and enabled by everyone in his life, Suzanne Moorman might still be alive. We on WS discussed the PPP loan at length about the time BM was arrested. Many posts about the PPP loan, the application, etc. There is a completely different loan application to complete if you utilize contractors (1099). All the links and discussions are several threads back. I just don’t understand how you see it as “no big deal” for BM to not abide by the law when it’s only $53,000. I think it’s a bigger issue than the gun charge (unless the gun is tied directly to SM’s Murder). People like BM think they are above the laws. They’re not! Pragmatic thoughts are always appreciated, but it’s not being truly pragmatic if you ignore facts to reach your pragmatic conclusions. That sounded kind of wonky, I’ll stop before I ramble more. My 2 cents MOO
It fits perfectly with what we know about this guy. Rules and laws weren’t meant for him.

He operates without permits, does work on days where it is illegal to do so, and doesn’t employ the correct supervision (Lauren Sharf’s wall job video).

He attempts to cast a vote for his dead wife, because “all these other guys are cheating.”

According to Melinda, he borrowed 100k and then attempted to pass the buck (gaslighting by saying Suzanne borrowed it) before ultimately paying it back.

I would bet a lot of money that the PPP loan is just another example.

I think a $53,000 PPP loan obtained perhaps fraudulently by lying on the application stating he had 9 employees is a HUGE BIG FREAKIN’ DEAL!. I’m more black & white than you, I guess. Fraud is fraud! If somewhere (way back when) BM had been taught to not lie, cheat & steal and paid for his mistakes instead of being treated as a “golden boy” and enabled by everyone in his life, Suzanne Moorman might still be alive. We on WS discussed the PPP loan at length about the time BM was arrested. Many posts about the PPP loan, the application, etc. There is a completely different loan application to complete if you utilize contractors (1099). All the links and discussions are several threads back. I just don’t understand how you see it as “no big deal” for BM to not abide by the law when it’s only $53,000. Those are my tax dollars, as well as yours, he’s stealing, how’s that ever okay? I think it’s a bigger issue than the gun charge (unless the gun is tied directly to SM’s Murder). People like BM think they are above the laws in this country. They’re not! Pragmatic thoughts are always appreciated, but it’s not truly being pragmatic if you ignore facts to reach your pragmatic conclusions. That sounded kind of wonky, I’ll stop before I ramble more. My 2 cents MOO
I think it's a big deal too. Stealing 53k, basically. Whoa.

But what's interesting is that it adds another layer of paint to the picture we are building of BM.

JMO

Yeah, I know how you feel. Barry did not deserve Suzanne.
Agree with both of you @InvisibleMe and
@Love Never Fails Suzanne’s case has been emotional one for me. I get very sad at times, think about her daughters all the time, and her brothers and sister. Her BFF will never be the same without SM in her life, been there done that. It makes my heart feel sick! ❤️MOO

BBM
Holding criminals accountable for their criminal behavior isn’t vitriol.

BM will never tell. I am sure that he has tried to convince everyone that he is being set up by LE. Barry Manipulative has probably convinced his family that is the case.

Yes, and the this judge's decision to keep the affidavit sealed indefinitely enables Barry to keep perpetuating those lies unchallenged by the facts.

<modsnip>

As always and ever, the above is, most humbly, JMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
BBM
Holding criminals accountable for their criminal behavior isn’t vitriol.
It is the very definition of vitriole.....Bitter hatred....he hasn't even made it to trial yet folks where alleged criminals get their day in court...a couple more hurdles to get over. Not a fan of being attacked for my opinions or trying to explain why I think something might be one way or another in what has historically been a very enlightening and interesting forum.

It fits perfectly with what we know about this guy. Rules and laws weren’t meant for him.

He operates without permits, does work on days where it is illegal to do so, and doesn’t employ the correct supervision (Lauren Sharf’s wall job video).

He attempts to cast a vote for his dead wife, because “all these other guys are cheating.”

According to Melinda, he borrowed 100k and then attempted to pass the buck (gaslighting by saying Suzanne borrowed it) before ultimately paying it back.

I would bet a lot of money that the PPP loan is just another example.
Excellent post. “Rules and laws weren’t meant for him.”
Everyone else. But not him.

I personally don't think there is much "interesting" about that loan and this case.

My interest lies in what BM did with the money, or any disagreements it may have caused in the marriage.

For example, if they had pressing debts that needed immediate payment. Could they have argued about this kind of thing, and at the time of Suzanne's disappearance? What to do with the money.

There are hints from Suzanne's sister that there were financial issues. Maybe Suzanne was an (additional) PIA to BM because she tried hard to get on top of their debts with whatever money they had.

Last edited:

Vitriol?
EBM: clearly others expressed similar thoughts.

jmo

Yes. If he had 9 employees, he would have needed to have regular and consistent jobs. I am not sure that is always the case in his type of work.

I could see him having maybe having one steady employee, because two people can manage many types of jobs. But not nine employees.

Last edited:
Vitriol?
EBM: clearly others expressed similar thoughts.
BOOM
bold2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members