Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #63 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, and the this judge's decision to keep the affidavit sealed indefinitely enables Barry to keep perpetuating those lies unchallenged by the facts.

<modsnip>

As always and ever, the above is, most humbly, JMO.

GK has it been shared that the judge has sealed the AA indefinitely? I must have missed something, I went and looked the the official site and couldn't find anything. They seem to be a bit backlogged in uploading docs though.

TIA for your help.

GK has it been shared that the judge has sealed the AA indefinitely? I must have missed something, I went and looked the the official site and couldn't find anything. They seem to be a bit backlogged in uploading docs though.

TIA for your help.
BBM - It currently appears that way. The judge's order on June 4 sealing the AA until 7 days after the end date of the preliminary hearing on 8-24-21 is still in effect. So release is still 8-31-21 as of today.

The Media Consortium filed a response to the order on June 17 to request complete release or release with redaction. No response to that from the judge has been publicly released, per the current case docket. And all parties are expected in court for the start of the prelim on 8-9-21 so the clock is ticking!

EBM - correct dates

Last edited by a moderator:

TIA for your help.
If you read the conclusion on the last page of the judge’s order, it says the order will expire 7 days after the prelim concludes.

The judge will consider further arguments on this matter prior to the expiration of the order.

So yes, the delay here is indefinite, as the AA may be released after the order expires, or potentially, may not be released at all (depending upon the judge’s decision on the next set of motions).

Personally, I fully expect to see it in redacted form following the preliminary hearing (days or weeks later).

https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/11th_Judicial_District/Chaffee/cases of interest/21CR78/21CR78 Order Limit Public Redacted.pdf

If you read the conclusion on the last page of the judge’s order, it says the order will expire 7 days after the prelim concludes.

The judge will consider further arguments on this matter prior to the expiration of the order.

So yes, the delay here is indefinite, as the AA may be released after the order expires, or potentially, may not be released at all (depending upon the judge’s decision on the next set of motions).

Personally, I fully expect to see it in redacted form following the preliminary hearing (days or weeks later).

https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/11th_Judicial_District/Chaffee/cases of interest/21CR78/21CR78 Order Limit Public Redacted.pdf
I believe the release of the AA can only be delayed past 8-31-2021 if a new release date is issued by the judge. It is not "indefinite" unless he extends his order multiple times.

I had a citation for this info shared in an earlier thread. Maybe I can find it.

I believe the release of the AA can only be delayed past 8-31-2021 if a new release date is issued by the judge. It is not "indefinite" unless he extends his order multiple times.

I had a citation for this info shared in an earlier thread. Maybe I can find it.
That’s what the order seems to be saying. It reads to me that after hearing arguments, the judge is going to issue another order.

I imagine this will occur following the preliminary hearing, and prior to the expiration of the original order.

ETA: Although the order doesn’t seal the AA indefinitely, it is effectively sealed indefinitely. We have absolutely no idea when we will see this thing, if we will see this thing, or in what form we will see it.

Last edited:

Thank you for the clarification. I was afraid I may have missed something! I appreciate you both very much.

Once the prelim hearing is over, I doubt that there will be any reason to not release a heavily redacted version of the AA.

For all we know, they could be working on redactions now. Then may find time to agree on them. With public disclosure being such an important thing, both now and in the future, for all parties. They don't need to be setting a new precedent.

IMO

MOO and this is nothing more than complete speculation.

But I would be curious when the girls left for their trip. In one of the Daily Mail articles, there is a pic of a baby blue, full suspension mountain bike on the back of a Suburu Outback.

It’s quite possible that SM was going to let one of the girls borrow her bike for their trip. She could have taken it to Scot for a tune up, picked it up on Thursday, and then let the girls take it with them. Of course, if the girls left before Thursday that doesn’t work. But that Bike in the DM article, IMO, is SM’s Santa Cruz bike.

But I could see a scenario where BM plans the girls trip and pays for it. Then learns that they will be taking SM’s bike with them, so he buys the pink bike and this adds another piece of evidence to premeditated murder.

I saw the picture of the blue bike and wondered the same thing, was it Suzanne's? So far, we only have CM's word
Barry bought another bike for parts and he said it was pink. I believe this to be true, I believe CM.

JMO

Last edited:
Has it been clarified just what happened?...I've heard several variations of this rumor but never clarification whether it was direct friend requests sent through her account or if it was the "people you may know" coming into her account. It's hard to determine if this is of any significance without knowing what actually happened.

Suzanne Morphew’s brother shares new details about her last known sighting and strange activity on his sister’s Facebook page hours before she was reported missing

"Moorman told Dr. Phil that he believes Suzanne was killed sometime after 4 p.m. and then someone involved manipulated her Facebook account — but it’s not clear who or why."

JMO and all that jazz. Vitriol versus hatred:

I HATE what Barry Morphew did to Suzanne.

I HATE the way he handled himself.

I HATE his actions afterwards.

I do NOT hate him though. Justice will smack him right in the face soon enough. I don’t have the time nor the desire to hate the man. I do wish he had been a decent human being and asked his wife for a divorce if he wasn’t happy or given her one if she wasn’t happy. That being said, we have to realize he is a narcissistic, childish, selfish little boy who had to do it his way and now he is where he is.

Beautiful Suzanne was a bright light in people’s lives and she deserved better.

Take heart, Sleuthers!

Here’s BM in the “cage” for weeks! Next hearing not set for more weeks!

Yet, Les Gals Legals have made no motion to “Free Barry!???

No bail request? Isn't that what they get paid for?

I am gonna assume they are mum because there’s NO GROUNDS for bail!

Just the opposite! The facts are absolutely damming - <modsnip> Legals don’t want to bring up any facts for any reason.

This may be a no body case, but it will also be a “no facts” case. <modsnip> Legals will only argue: “Maybe he killed her, maybe he didn’t, but due to legal technicalities, you can’t prove him guilty beyond a reasonable doubt!”

They gotta say it, but the mountain of evidence towers too high to surmount.

So don’t worry about BM roaming the beautiful mountains of Colorado again.

His last big time challenge will be playing Lets Make A Deal!

Yes, it's been awfully quiet.

Last edited by a moderator:
That’s what the order seems to be saying. It reads to me that after hearing arguments, the judge is going to issue another order.

I imagine this will occur following the preliminary hearing, and prior to the expiration of the original order.

"This Order shall expire 7 days after the Proof Evident Presumption Great Hearing and Preliminary Hearing, which are currently scheduled to be completed August 24, 2021. Before the expiration of this Order the court will consider further requests or argument as to why or why not this order should continue and in what form."

Judge Patrick Murphy is leaving the door wide open to the possibility of extending his order beyond its current expiration date.

The fact that he included the "and in what form" language at the end signals to me that he appears inclined to continue the ban on the release.

JMO.

Last edited:
JMO and all that jazz. Vitriol versus hatred:

I HATE what Barry Morphew did to Suzanne.

I HATE the way he handled himself.

I HATE his actions afterwards.

I do NOT hate him though. Justice will smack him right in the face soon enough. I don’t have the time nor the desire to hate the man. I do wish he had been a decent human being and asked his wife for a divorce if he wasn’t happy or given her one if she wasn’t happy. That being said, we have to realize he is a narcissistic, childish, selfish little boy who had to do it his way and now he is where he is.

Beautiful Suzanne was a bright light in people’s lives and she deserved better.
All of this. Add to that how she dared defy him and his insatiable need for ultimate control.
He wasn't about to split their assets. Then there's HER inheritance that he's quickly gone through. The list goes on...
IMO

ETA: Although the order doesn’t seal the AA indefinitely, it is effectively sealed indefinitely. We have absolutely no idea when we will see this thing, if we will see this thing, or in what form we will see it.
Also @GordianKnot
Continuation of sealing is addressed in Rule 55.1. I posted the following here on June 22.l, 2021:

"Per Rule 55.1, if the order to seal expires, it can be postponed with a new expiration date/event certain made by the judge with required justifications, as stated in the Rule.

Here is the language:
'(7) Duration of Order Granting Request. Any order limiting public access to a courtrecord or to any part of a court record shall indicate a date or event certain by which the order will expire. That date or event shall be considered the order’s expiration date or event.

'(9) Review of Order Granting Request. The court shall review any order limiting public access to a court record or to any part of a court record pursuant to this rule at the time of the expiration of the order or earlier upon motion of one of the parties. The court may postpone the expiration of such an order if, in a written order, it either determines that the findings previously made under paragraph (a)(6) of this rule continue to apply or makes new findings pursuant to paragraph (a)(6) of this rule justifying postponement of the expiration date or event. If the court postpones the expiration of the order, it must set a new expiration date or event.'"

Section 2a can't really define MG though, since at the time of the confrontation with TN and GD, it had not yet been established there was any crime.

Suzanne was still just "missing" and there hadn't been any charges against BM yet.

I could be way off base but it seems it would have had to be already established that a crime had taken place, for MG to have any knowledge of facts relating to it.

I'd be curious to hear what any of our verified lawyers have to say. Can you be considered a witness to a crime before it's even been established there was a crime?

ETA: I don't think either GD or TN could even be charged with anything, since they never did threaten, bribe, intimidate, etc. (that we're aware of). All that we know that was said, was "you have rights, you don't have to give CBI your phone". That's definitely not a bribe or a threat.
‘I’m not the other woman’: Second contractor speaks out about Suzanne Morphew investigation | FOX21 News Colorado

MG would have met with LE Tuesday, when she returned from Broomfield, or later. CBI and FBI became involved a few days after Suzanne went missing. By Wednesday, 5/13.

Yes, it's been awfully quiet.
And I fully expect it to stay that way until the preliminary.

Bond isn’t addressed until after the preliminary hearing. In the Frazee case it was a one day affair, and at the conclusion the judge found that the prosecution met its burden, and ordered Frazee held without bond.

I think the same will occur here.

"This Order shall expire 7 days after the Proof Evident Presumption Great Hearing and Preliminary Hearing, which are currently scheduled to be completed August 24, 2021. Before the expiration of this Order the court will consider further requests or argument as to why or why not this order should continue and in what form.

Judge Patrick Murphy is leaving the door wide open to the possibility of extending his order beyond its current expiration date.

The fact that he included the "and in what form" language at the end signals to me that he appears inclined to continue the ban on the release.

JMO.

I appreciate your well thought out and substantiated posts. Thank you fort clarifying!

"This Order shall expire 7 days after the Proof Evident Presumption Great Hearing and Preliminary Hearing, which are currently scheduled to be completed August 24, 2021. Before the expiration of this Order the court will consider further requests or argument as to why or why not this order should continue and in what form.

JMO.
Yep. That seems to be the norm in Colorado.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member