Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #67 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still reeling about Barry's sister's attack on Lauren.
I cannot understand how she came to that conclusion.
Horrible thing to do.
Rationality and self-control don't seem to exist in their realm. I'm shocked that she'd say that, but I'm also not shocked given what a monster we suspect her brother to be. Maybe they're just genetically predisposed to be absolute jerks.

Barry Morphew murder case: Wife had extramarital affair

Aug 9, 2021

SALIDAThe missing wife of a Chaffee County man had a two-year extramarital affair before she disappeared in May 2020, a sheriff’s investigator testified Monday.

The testimony came during the first day of a preliminary hearing for Barry Morphew, 53, who is accused of killing his wife, Suzanne Morphew, 49. Suzanne disappeared from the family’s home near Maysville in May 2020. She was reported missing by a neighbor on Mother’s Day 2020, prompting an extensive, yearlong search before authorities charged her husband in May 2021. Her body has not been found.

Chaffee County Sheriff’s Commander Alex Walker testified during cross-examination that Suzanne Morphew had a two-year extramarital affair. She was in frequent contact with her lover and met up with him at least six times in cities across the U.S., Walker testified.

[..]

In court Monday, Barry Morphew wore a gray striped suit and blue medical mask. He sat quietly, occasionally whispering with his attorneys or pointing to papers in front of him. When his attorney, Dru Nielsen, talked about him describing Suzanne as his “angel” and a “special, wonderful person,” he appeared to become emotional and dabbed his eyes with a tissue.

I still believe the motive was more about Suzanne's money and her taking it when she left. Typical narcissistic behavior to use the kids as weapons against the spouse. He disgusts me.

Suzanne's affair was just a symptom of the major problems in her marriage. She finally had had enough.

Unfortunately, I think that Barry had a good hiding place for her body in mind. It was probably some secluded place that he found during one of his hunting trips. I just hope that police would be able to narrow it down with his truck technology unless he used his four wheeler to dispose of her.

JMO.

I wonder if either of the girls now realises how their father used them to belittle and hurt their mother.

We’ve been teased with evidence, but they haven’t gone into it in any detail yet.

We know Suzanne’s phone last pinged before Barry claimed to have left the house. We don’t know where it last pinged (specifically), or when Barry did in fact leave.

The doors opening and closing are another tantalizing clue, but we don’t know the significance yet.

When we get back, I think the prosecutor will move into the day Suzanne disappeared, via her conversation with SO.

Things are about to get even more interesting.

Did we know this definitely?
<snipped>
Murphy ruled the affidavit would be released seven days after Morphew’s four-day preliminary hearing, which is set for Monday, Tuesday, and Aug. 23 and 24.

Barry Morphew murder case: Wife had extramarital affair

2nd to last paragraph…. The Court will consider requests or arguments as to why or why not the Order shall continue after that expiration date.

https://www.courts.state.co.us/user...21CR78/21CR78 Order Limit Public Redacted.pdf

So there’s a chance it won’t. But IMO after everything that’s come out so far, why not unseal it?

Trying to get caught up here while y'all are on lunch break....so far is there any proof that the boyfriend ever set foot in the Colorado house?

No, no proof of that and only vague insinuation about the RR's glovebox.

But, at the end of the morning, Barry is looking much more sympathetic to the world as a wronged husband who was not having an affair, and who still cries when he thinks of his "angel wife."

I'm concerned about the door opening data (he gets in the truck at 3:10 am? And doesn't get out again until 8 am? I'll have to try and find those tweets again).

I think Suzanne might have even asked for a divorce that weekend and wanted that money back because she was relocating.

She had waited until the girls were old enough IMO.

I think this might be what she was "scared" about,
in text to Melinda two days earlier --
-- she was scared to ask him for a divorce.

No, no proof of that and only vague insinuation about the RR's glovebox.

But, at the end of the morning, Barry is looking much more sympathetic to the world as a wronged husband who was not having an affair, and who still cries when he thinks of his "angel wife."

I'm concerned about the door opening data (he gets in the truck at 3:10 am? And doesn't get out again until 8 am? I'll have to try and find those tweets again).
He most likely got up early to load his equipment and get it ready for the job.

This might sound terrible and I don’t condone cheating... but I do hope that JL was a source of comfort to SM being that we know she had issues at home and with her health. We all know things were likely agonizing in that marriage...but to measure how bad it was, it ended in murder. One that seems to have been planned and wasn’t sloppy... Idk. Just saying I hope she had times of not being so alone..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarneson59