Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #67 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have zero sympathy for him. And did he really think that he was untraceable? I’ve already got some kind of bad impression of him in my head, one of those jerks that goes on conventions and cheats on their spouses.
Can you imagine him just following all the news about Suzanne missing? Wonder if he was torn about whether or not to go to LE, or if he decided right away not to get involved and hope no one would find out.

I bet. Maybe she left it open by accident and he snooped.

The timing seems bad for a planned attack. Premediation can happen in minutes so that's not what I mean. But rather, if you were planning to kill your wife, would you really do it on Mother's Day when everyone would be looking to speak to her? Seems more like a spur of the moment - like maybe finding an "I love you" to another man - kind of attack.
Could have been why the Defense was throwing 2nd Degree option around.

Lauren Scharf@LaurenScharfTV
Suzanne had told Jeff that she couldn't get a divorce because of Biblical reasons. She also told Jeff that she would ride mountain bikes in the afternoon. He also looked up trails that she should try.
That sounds more like BM talking inside her head. After all, SM's parents were divorced and had been since SM was very young.

And himself

Replying to
@AshleyKKTV
and
@KKTV11News
SA Harris says Jeff learned of #SuzanneMorphew going missing and he did not want news of the affair to get out because he wanted to protect Suzanne's daughters.
@KKTV11News
I wonder if he felt LE would discover Barry did it way sooner and if he outed himself it would be a distraction from who really did it? I mean assuming he is zero involved and in another state, why would they even think it was him, but if he calls up and says we were having an affair, maybe it pulls attention from Barry? I'm sure not having this affair be discovered was best for him too and his family, but maybe he did have Suzanne in mind too with not wanting her name to be drug through the mud.

@AshleyKKTV
SA Harris says Sheila told them #SuzanneMorphew said she was possibly being physically abused by #BarryMorphew. She allegedly told Sheila he pushed her into a closet door and held a gun to her head, on a different occasion he allegedly would pin her on a bed.
@KKTV11News

3:43 PM · Aug 9, 2021·Twitter Web App
Now the tweets are different. One says he put the gun to his head. The next days he put the gun to her head. Which is it? bad reporting.

Yeah maybe Suzanne is just a poor judge of character when it comes to men.

I don't think any woman can predict in advance that they're going to be married to a Barry. And I do not think this Jeff person is in the same league with Barry.

I understand why Jeff wanted to honor Suzanne's desire to keep her daughters from finding out about the affair.

I agree he was a coward and exercised poor judgment in not coming forward. But I'm not willing to say that something broken in Suzanne caused her to choose her own doom. Not going there.

This guy.... I'm not sure I believe him if he says they fooled around in a hotel, but didn't have sex. IMO

JL wasn’t the the only person in that hotel room that was able to make a decision about sex. It might be easier for you to believe that a married woman who might have never thought she’d be part of an affair couldn’t go through with sex. JMO

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>
I think Suzanne was conflicted, just like many of us in our lives. Not everything is clear-cut when someone is gaslighting you 24/7 for years on end. Mentally you would become fragile, I would imagine.

Last edited by a moderator:
And himself

Replying to
@AshleyKKTV
and
@KKTV11News
SA Harris says Jeff learned of #SuzanneMorphew going missing and he did not want news of the affair to get out because he wanted to protect Suzanne's daughters.
@KKTV11News
Might be understandable.. If he loved her as much as she loved him he might have been trying to honour her love for her children?
Nah.
Weak.
Dismiss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads