Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #71 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sunbathing in early May in Colorado... Did a weather search and looks like the high that day was around 63 degrees. Did BM convince SM to get in a bathing suit so that more skin would be exposed for a tranquilizer dart? Could have been a set up to get her in a bathing suit. Let's hang out by the hot tub ... JMO.

MOO

Suzanne appears quite tan in nearly all her pictures. I think she tanned every chance she got. I used to be the same. If it was 50-ish, I'd wear shorts and a tank top. Over 60, bathing suit. Put on some oil and be grateful there's not a lot of bugs at that temp.

Possibly from her family? By fall I'm sure that the affair info probably was known, maybe it took some time for it to be known who the guy was. BM's own mother alluded to someone close to Suzanne.
Spypen found in June 2020, in
November 2020 they found out who the man was, when they found her Linked In acct. Not sure when that account was uncovered.

There’s so much to unpack from the last two days.

I don’t recall what device of SM this happened from, but the FB requests of SM to guys in IN late Sat or early Sun- I’m having a hard time believing BM has the password to this device, especially if it was her cell. She’s going to great lengths to conceal her conversations with JL, I can’t imagine BM had access that easily. Thoughts on this one? IMO
He probably tried to log on to her Facebook from his phone but didn't have the right password, hence why her Facebook codes were changed Saturday night. Once he got logged in, it will ask if you want to sync your phone contacts if it's a new device related to the account. BM doesn't seem like a very good thinker and probably just clicked OK when the prompt came up. Then Facebook sends friend requests to those contacts not already associated with that fb account. I'm willing to bet that all those 20 males could have been work contacts in Indiana that BM had in his phone. Jmo

Indiana girls get swimsuits out in March so I’m not surprised she was sunbathing in that temperature- it is interesting to me she texted him to “get hottub stuff “
timeline
9:50 am BM text to SM: Want to go on hike?
9:52 SM to BM, Where? (No response) Later on, asking about summer tires on Range Rover
10:36 SM to BM : Wanna meet to hike?
10:48 BM: No, coming home
10:48 SM: Get hot tub stuff
Thanks. Didn't know about her text re hot tub stuff. Maybe just very fortuitous that she was in a swimsuit. JMO.

Last edited:
Spypen found in June 2020, in
November 2020 they found out who the man was, when they found her Linked In acct. Not sure when that account was uncovered.
I am so angry at JL. I think he and SM were mutually using each other to gain ego boosts at a time SM most definitely needed one; however, his silence for six months of the investigation into SM's disappearance is appalling.

There were good and determined police officers, agents, and analysts who were spending every waking hour and every active brain cell they had investigating to figure out what happened to SM and where she'd gone. Every minute she was gone was another minute of decomposition and evidence lost. And all that time the silverback was flinging his own doo at those folks who were working at finding SM and figuring out what happened to her. For her and for us, civilized people.

At some point, you've just joined the confederacy of AH's that victimize women and get away with it for your own personal gain.

He owes acres of apologies to many.

Ah, I might see it now.

IMO Barry had had ultimate control. For decades.

As Suzanne stood up to him, approaching 50, surviving cancer twice, he probably deemed HER unreasonable. Unstable. Changed by hydro. He liked her the old way better. She seemed to be finding herself and he didn't like it. Those last days, if he had found a way to access her texts, he would've been incensed.

I do think he was spouting gobbly gook about Suzanne being ok with it, if someone were saved.....

But I think maybe he meant HER.

You put down sick does.

I think he thought her thinking was crazy.... so he did it to SAVE her from herself, from the choices she was about to make.

And when Suzanne realized it, on the other side, she'd have hero Barry to thank, for saving her soul from sins of the flesh.

Oh, Suzanne. I did it for you. You didn't even know what you were saying... I had to do it. For our family.

Some people can justify anything.

JMO

Random idea from reading this: what if he's trying to claim that SM was sinning or about to sin (divorce, pain drugs he disdained) and that by her dying before going too far astray, she remained "saved". MOO

Yes. 95ft is from from the west end of house to where the driveway narrows and it would be possible to block off with a parked vehicle.
But if he's moving the truck in order to access another vehicle, he will need to have the driveway unblocked in order to go anywhere in that other vehicle.

What about the possibility that the 95' was from the garage to the "loop" part of their parking area? Including continuing to back until the truck is aimed in whatever direction he wanted, and including maneuvering as needed around the flatbed trailer and even the Bobcat if it isn't loaded on the trailer. Again MOO

I think there is a lot of communication they aren’t releasing yet and those days from May 6 -9 may hold clues as to how much she told him and I worry that BM threatened her and that’s why she finally texted her sister that he was abusive - this is outlined in the detailed tweets posted up thread
Thanks, @oviedo. I think the communication between May 6-9 holds all the answers. BM would be getting more desperate with each passing day. Especially because SM is standing firm. He knows it's different this time.

I am so angry at JL. I think he and SM were mutually using each other to gain ego boosts at a time SM most definitely needed one; however, his silence for six months of the investigation into SM's disappearance is appalling.

There were good and determined police officers, agents, and analysts who were spending every waking hour and every active brain cell they had investigating to figure out what happened to SM and where she'd gone. Every minute she was gone was another minute of decomposition and evidence lost. And all that time the silverback was flinging his own doo at those folks who were working at finding SM and figuring out what happened to her. For her and for us, civilized people.

At some point, you've just joined the confederacy of AH's that victimize women and get away with it for your own personal gain.

He owes acres of apologies to many.

BBM - I agree with you! He abused Suzanne in a different way and nothing he can say or do will change that at this point. I hope his wife looks long and hard at the man she is married to.

Random idea from reading this: what if he's trying to claim that SM was sinning or about to sin (divorce, pain drugs he disdained) and that by her dying before going too far astray, she remained "saved". MOO

But if he's moving the truck in order to access another vehicle, he will need to have the driveway unblocked in order to go anywhere in that other vehicle.

What about the possibility that the 95' was from the garage to the "loop" part of their parking area? Including continuing to back until the truck is aimed in whatever direction he wanted, and including maneuvering as needed around the flatbed trailer and even the Bobcat if it isn't loaded on the trailer. Again MOO
MOO maybe he was parked by the garage (SE end of house) and moved his truck to the NW side nearer where the hot tub is located.

I am curious to know what Barry says he and Suzanne had for dinner on Saturday night. Was there trash from dinner, leftovers in the fridge, plates in a dish drainer? Was the bed made? Where exactly were those stripped sheets-folded neatly, still in the washer or dryer? Was Barry that good to think of every single thing to make it appear as if Suzanne was alive and asleep in bed on Mother’s Day at 5 am?

And another question -- was there a nice Mother's Day card and flowers waiting for SM when she woke up on Mother's Day? If not, why not?

I'm guessing that BM parked at the end of the drive when he returned home so that SM would not have heard a car pulling up to the house. After cleaning up around the house, he backed his truck down the drive up to the house.

He probably tried to log on to her Facebook from his phone but didn't have the right password, hence why her Facebook codes were changed Saturday night. Once he got logged in, it will ask if you want to sync your phone contacts if it's a new device related to the account. BM doesn't seem like a very good thinker and probably just clicked OK when the prompt came up. Then Facebook sends friend requests to those contacts not already associated with that fb account. I'm willing to bet that all those 20 males could have been work contacts in Indiana that BM had in his phone. Jmo
There is going to be a digital record here that’s going to burn Barry. Hopefully he used a different device than Suzanne used. We do know he denied doing this, but if he used his phone he’s a dead duck.

Suzanne’s logins would be revealed during a Facebook subpoena, and I’m willing to bet a lot of money this was a device she hadn’t used in the past.

If Suzanne was murdered at PP, then why the tranquilizer?

Big, strong guy he could have incapacitated her swiftly--

Of course it's possible that he liked the thrill of the hunt.... just gross....

But it seems to me that the purpose of the dart must've been to prevent cadaverine...

Does LE have vehicle tracking for his run to the pool store? Somewhere there's 18 missing minutes/ miles, right?

Perhaps he brought Suzanne to a location... where he murdered her.... and from which he reclaimed her during the night for his planned disposal...

Dulos brought zipties. Which suggests he planned to subdue and abduct Jennifer, to kill her elsewhere.

Barry, tranquilizer.

Same playbook?

Jmo

Could be that he didn't want her to have the ability to fight back and leave marks on HIS body. LE is known for checking the husbands body for marks when they suspect them, and even when they don't in order to rule them out. Jmo

There is going to be a digital record here that’s going to burn Barry. Hopefully he used a different device than Suzanne used. We do know he denied doing this, but if he used his phone he’s a dead duck.

Suzanne’s logins would be revealed during a Facebook subpoena, and I’m willing to bet a lot of money this was a device she hadn’t used in the past.
Maybe upon being shot with a dart Suzanne actually logged out of her Linked In or Whatsapp acct.
Maybe he thought he would to be able to see what she was doing, but then she had a bit of grit he did not expect.

BBM - I agree with you! He abused Suzanne in a different way and nothing he can say or do will change that at this point. I hope his wife looks long and hard at the man she is married to.
Do we know exactly how LE tracked JL down? On November 10, Spezze posted the press release mentioning Voxxer. Was that before or after they found JL? Cause if he still didn’t come forward, that makes him even worse. He had to know that he was getting a call at that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evremevremm