Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still hope that Suzanne has not been disappeared by someone she loved. I always try to hope, rather than speculate. I’m not a sleuther - just a follower of cases.

That said, I found BLM believable. But I did think his description of the bike being was weird - he started to say something about the position it was found but stopped himself. I will have to give it another listen. Anyone else hear it?
He did, even going as far as to begin describing the positioning of the wheel. It would be damning if he had no way of knowing that information.

He then cut himself off, and went on to blast the sheriff’s department for making errors.

After seeing this video I can see BM is a good guy. He did not do anything to Suzanne. Ludicrous. I am upset about the sheriff letting people touch the bike letting cars go by the road area. This sheriff does not impress me one iota, all he has done is focus on her husband, Someone took this poor woman. Now I can see why the nephew was upset LE focusing on "the husband".

. His willingness to chat up strangers with the nearly complete story (A-Z)--where Suzanne's bicycle was found, where on the road he thinks she was abducted, who and what might have abducted her (a mountain lion might have taken her), where he was (he was in Denver) when she went missing etc., could be an auto pilot form of coping with stress and soliciting sympathy or it could be a form of survival strategy...a way of constantly rehearsing the pertinent events over and over again so that the story remains embedded in his memory recall. I hope we reach some conclusion soon--and Suzanne returns home safely.

Good Lord, it's something in the water...it reminds me of T-splaining

I just don’t like liars. The Youtuber in question previewed this with an earlier video here:

...in which he stated that he “accidentally” recorded this and “thought” his camera was switched off. He claims BM “gave him an interview”
- no, he secretly recorded BM after confirming to BM that he wasn’t doing so.

It really highlights how distrusting of others you have to be these days, sadly. Especially in cases like this. It would be ironic here for anyone to criticise BM for “threatening to come after” the Youtuber at the end, when this sort of deliberate lie and trickery by the Youtuber is exactly what he was driving at and why he would’ve said that. I would’ve said exactly the same thing.

On the content, it’s great for sleuthers and helps us put some pieces of the evidence puzzle in place assuming it’s true, e.g. bike location. IMO this doesn’t put him in the clear yet by a long stretch, but BM is presumably a practical type not an emotional type. And so his unguarded conversation fits with someone who has had a bit of time to process the possibilities. You can’t sit at home puffy eyed and wringing your hands indefinitely. MOO.

I agree, it is wrong to use whatever means (in this case, not being truthful to the viewing audience and to BM) to reach a specific end (getting an interview with BM without his permission--in hopes of uncovering more information about his missing wife.) But I guess, sometimes the means justifies the end??

He seems so believable and earnest to me. Also very pro-active. Changed my perception of it all.
What I find really interesting right now is thinking back to Barbara Thomas - her husband has been criticized for not doing his own searches. Yet here is an individual (who is seriously under WS suspicion) out looking for his missing wife but it will change very few opinions.

Also, that bag of food was weird. Does anyone know what the paper was to which the video blogger was comparing the handwriting?

I heard him say that it rained which would’ve washed away any evidence of a mountain lion attack and dragging her away. :rolleyes:

JMO

He's a smooth talker, that's for sure.

Listening to him, one would almost think he just dropped that tidbit about the rain in as an afterthought.
Almost.

I find the words posters are using to describe him after watching this video quite interesting:

"Personable"
"Charming"
"Believable"
"Earnest"

This guy is a born salesman.

I'm just not buying what he's pitching.

JMO.

She’s only been missing 3 weeks! I’ve mourned barn cats longer than this. Casually describing the various ways your life partner may have been viciously killed is...something else.

Oh we thought she just got hit by a car and the bike got thrown down there, oh we thought the lion dragged her off to eat her up there. Now we think she was kidnapped from right here. She’s your wife! :eek::eek:

Last edited:
Can you IMAGINE talking that calmly about A MOUNTAIN LION DRAGGING YOUR SPOUSE UP A HILL? “They drag their prey up...” that’s your WIFE! The mother of your children!! It’s only been a couple of weeks!
Exactly. I love the varying opinions of the WS community. I found him unusually calm and he’s a vivid storyteller. I didn’t find him convincing. It was that easy to get him to speak? Why wouldn’t he want coverage of his missing wife? Strange, all of it!

He's a smooth talker, that's for sure.

Listening to him, one would almost think he just dropped that tidbit about the rain in as an afterthought.
Almost.

I find the words posters are using to describe him after watching this video quite interesting:

"Personable"
"Charming"
"Believable"
"Earnest"

This guy is a born salesman.

I'm just not buying what he's pitching.

JMO.

I’m with you. I don’t think he’s personable or charming at all. I think he’s trying to seem like a dedicated spouse but the flat affect gives it away.

I can deal with honest crooks but the liars get a surcharge.

Also this is a defense lawyers worst nightmare. I lose sleep over not the hard cases but the clients who want to talk to the media. And the ones dumb enough to get caught in an undercover YouTube sting. :eek:

PSA: trust no one and say nothing!

That is what he said 400 tours to Iraq try doing the math on that
He did say 400 tours in Iraq and Afghanistan. If he is an army ranger, as Barry said, could he have deployed on temporary duty several times a year? We have been in Afghanistan 17 years? And longer than that in Iraq? I know special forces are sent many times back and forth on TD. still, 400 hundred times. I think he may have missed the mark a bit.

Can you IMAGINE talking that calmly about A MOUNTAIN LION DRAGGING YOUR SPOUSE UP A HILL? “They drag their prey up...” that’s your WIFE! The mother of your children!! It’s only been a couple of weeks!

I can. A practical hands-on sort of person is pretty dispassionate when describing things including the natural environment in which he ordinarily lives and takes for granted. A bit like a lawyer is when dealing with sensitive cases. Two weeks ago, maybe not so measured and matter of factly, but this is an unguarded conversation between two outdoorsy guys, one of whom says he’s not recording the conversation, the other who has had two weeks to come to grips with his wife disappearing into the (presumably) unknown.

Completely interesting, trujac, that's quite the scoop from TD, thanks for uploading it here.
I guess it's possible a deer ran in front of her and she went off the road, brakes jammed and couldn't get bike back on the road so started walking along the road to head back home and got picked up by someone ... maybe she had an injury and had trouble walking, I mean, that is possible. And maybe the item found was sunglasses, that's something that could easily fall off. But then again, if the dogs didn't pick up any scent in that location then that's the end of that theory I guess.

Thank you--and I have been thinking along the sames lines...she had some accident, left her bicycle and was possibly picked up by someone. If it's correct that LE removed a piece of carpet from Suzanne's home, I thought perhaps she was driven back to her house, and then was assaulted in her home. The bicycle was left behind because it didn't fit in the vehicle or she was picked up on a quad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EllaMichael