Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t necessarily think the whole thing was staged—in terms of both guys being in on it. I do wonder though if when BM saw T loitering around filming (his truck drives right by T strolling down the road taking video beforehand), BM decided to go and tell his story, likely knowing he might be recorded. He’s a savvy businessman, right? I doubt he’d be that easily duped. IMO.

This case keeps getting weirder.

I thought the same thing. All this time we are thinking Ty was surreptitiously acting and it’s possible BM was also playing a game. Hmmm

BBM:

Because, "He knows this stuff better than anybody."

I'm not sure what stuff exactly, since Colorado is not in either Iraq or Afghanistan, and I doubt he was doing much mountain biking during his 400 tours.

Regardless. His buddy knows this stuff.

Better than anybody…especially LE!

JMO.
I don't remember the exact term but didn't BM say his h.s. buds were having a hard time in the terrain? o_O

Golly I usually have a strong side of the fence I’m on. After this video, I’m teetering. I’ll admit I’ve often been very wrong (Heidi Broussard), but up until now I strongly felt he was responsible just based on facts of the case (them digging up cement from a job he worked on during the time of her disappearance). But this video got me shook. I don’t think he knew it was recording honestly. And he seems believable. But then again..... so are so many monsters. On the fence here. We shall wait and see...

I have never had a Mother’s Day where my dad didn’t help us cook breakfast and go out to dinner or bbq. He always gets my mom flowers, and helps her plant in the garden, or whatever other little activities she wants to enjoy that day.

My own husband is front and center every year, making sure it is a relaxing and enjoyable day for me. IME, husbands honor their wives as mothers of their children just as much as kids give gifts or attend meals. To each their own.

For me, BM’s timing to leave to prep a site on Mother’s Day is odd. I would love to know if that is a common practice in their household, given what we have heard about him being a religious man and them attending church, etc...My guess is no.
ALL IMO MOO JMO
I have no clue, of course, because I don't know the family personally, but my guess is that it was a routine practice for him to allow Mother's day to be her day with their children. I think that is admirable and selfless, but you don't. We are not going to agree.
It sounds to me like he had a big job in Denver, and it would be natural for him to be there in advance to have everything ready for the actual work to proceed smoothly. That's what contractors who have multiple employees or subs do. Obviously, LE checked out his story. Ultimately, as has been pointed out over and over, someone had to pay for that million and a half dollar house. Working harder and longer seems to me like a logical and honest way to accomplish that task.
IMO

BM (2:13): .. My concerns were, this way, and that way if it was the cat because the cats they dragged their prey up the mountain and out of people's..We can't find sign for the cat but we got rain like right away, washed away sign...

It rained on the 11th.

When did it rain in Salida? Anyone know?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200531-232614_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200531-232614_Chrome.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 90
I don’t know if someone answered this already but IMO this was a mistake. Permits stay with a property because you have to prove work done on the house was permitted when you sell your house. I think these databases are stored according to the address/lot number and the online searches are autofilling the current owner name. So yes THE HOUSE has these permits but they were applied for by the previous owners and they stay with the house that now belongs to the Ms. I think @Shiloh28 who is in real estate weighed in on this too.
Thank you!

I don't think Barry is the brightest guy in the world, but I think there's more to his mistake about his army ranger friend than just a simple mental error. As people have mentioned, there's no chance his friend was deployed "400 times". That doesn't even make sense. As someone suggested, he's probably thinking of the fact that his friend was deployed for 400 days (total) in various war zones. So the question is: why does Barry mess this up? Again, "deployed 400 times" makes no sense if you know what a "deployment" is, and Barry surely knows what a deployment is. I think Barry messed this up for two reasons: one, he was nervous; two, he was rushing, trying to spit out as many red herrings as he could as quickly as he could. And this is a problem for Barry's credibility, as he has no reason to be nervous here --- he's talking to some Joe Nobody and he doesn't believe he's on camera --- and he has all of the time in the world. And yet, he is nervous and he is hurrying. Why? Because he's not telling the truth. JMO.

Almost as IF the guy asked just the right questions so BM could tell his side of story. I’m seeing huge support for him right now from comments. This video changed a lot of minds.... so I must be a hard core skeptic because I’m suspicious that BM would chit chat with a stranger.
YES! Me too. Not a word from BM except an ill conceived 26 second video and then this bomb? From some random teacher that happens to have a large camera pointed right at BM from his pocket (it had to have been obvious) and then he says his phone is charging in the car?

In the beginning T says sure no problem, I’ll put it away. (Summarized) What exactly did he imply he was putting away? What did BM ask him to put away? Then in the end he clearly states his phone is in the car charging? Suddenly everyone feels badly for BM getting duped?

I didn’t know until 2 minutes ago what a hinky meter was but mine is on high alert.

I don't think Barry is the brightest guy in the world, but I think there's more to his mistake about his army ranger friend than just a simple mental error. As people have mentioned, there's no chance his friend was deployed "400 times". That doesn't even make sense. As someone suggested, he's probably thinking of the fact that his friend was deployed for 400 days (total) in various war zones. So the question is: why does Barry mess this up? Again, "deployed 400 times" makes no sense if you know what a "deployment" is, and Barry surely knows what a deployment is. I think Barry messed this up for two reasons: one, he was nervous; two, he was rushing, trying to spit out as many red herrings as he could as quickly as he could. And this is a problem for Barry's credibility, as he has no reason to be nervous here --- he's talking to some Joe Nobody and he doesn't believe he's on camera --- and he has all of the time in the world. And yet, he is nervous and he is hurrying. Why? Because he's not telling the truth. JMO.
Read all about it.........at least the parts that can be published, at the link provided. You can bandy choice of words all over the place, but Rangers are busy, busy soldiers and reconnaissance is definitely in their job description and training.
U.S. Army Rangers - 75th Ranger Regiment

Golly I usually have a strong side of the fence I’m on. After this video, I’m teetering. I’ll admit I’ve often been very wrong (Heidi Broussard), but up until now I strongly felt he was responsible just based on facts of the case (them digging up cement from a job he worked on during the time of her disappearance). But this video got me shook. I don’t think he knew it was recording honestly. And he seems believable. But then again..... so are so many monsters. On the fence here. We shall wait and see...
It’s important to keep in mind that he has a vested interest in how he is perceived by others, whether he knows he is being recorded or not.

Also, some people are comfortable telling lies, and come across as believable. He’s had weeks to gather this thoughts, and it’s not like he was asked difficult questions.

Or perhaps the very opposite ... that figure he threw out there was interesting. He and/or his team/people have searched two-hundred square miles?
So if this area was already searched and eliminated, what was BM doing out there today?

Where is she Barry?
Exactly what I was wondering. And if LE has told him he’s cleared, why haven’t they Said so publicly?

The mystery item that was found must have been SM’s phone or wallet or something else with a clear identifier. Otherwise how would LE know it was hers without a family member identifying it?

And why would he be hostile to Ty if he WERE a member of the press? Does BM want help or not? He certainly doesn’t seem to want publicity.

As people have mentioned, there's no chance his friend was deployed "400 times". That doesn't even make sense. As someone suggested, he's probably thinking of the fact that his friend was deployed for 400 days (total) in various war zones. So the question is: why does Barry mess this up...

I heard "for a hundred times" lol

It’s really difficult for me to understand how he could utter those graphic details about his wife’s death without vomiting.

But he is not me. Who knows. Maybe we’ll be surprised.

He certainly did not wow me with his charm and values in this video.

I have to add, the video itself made me so uncomfortable with its dishonest recording and repeatedly fussing with the recording device. I kept feeling panic about the device being discovered. It’s hard for me to separate my discomfort with the video and discomfort with things BM said in the video,
I couldn’t even watch it the first time I tried, but then I tried again and something clicked and I thought, this is a set up. BM wants his side of the story told, he can’t stand the negativity he’s getting because he’s always been the “good, quiet guy” ... he knows he’s charming, he knows IF he can just tell his story, he will be believed and the sheriff will stop investigating him and he can move on with his life. He had the perfect plan and he doesn’t understand why no one is believing it! It must be because it hasn’t been explained correctly by the “media.” So he’s going to tell us what happened, and we are supposed to believe him. I don’t.

I couldn’t even watch it the first time I tried, but then I tried again and something clicked and I thought, this is a set up. BM wants his side of the story told, he can’t stand the negativity he’s getting because he’s always been the “good, quiet guy” ... he knows he’s charming, he knows IF he can just tell his story, he will be believed and the sheriff will stop investigating him and he can move on with his life. He had the perfect plan and he doesn’t understand why no one is believing it! It must be because it hasn’t been explained correctly by the “media.” So he’s going to tell us what happened, and we are supposed to believe him. I don’t.
We are on the same page here. I’m not totally convinced, I did find his first (ty) video credible. However, the more I think about it, the more this makes sense.

LE is going to have a good time with this one.

But - and let’s just assume for the sake of this point that he’s innocent - if he is certain that LE did drag that bike up a bank, it was handled by multiple people, and traffic was allowed to pass across the road, isn’t what he said utterly reasonable? It would irk me no end if evidence was compromised, I’d be furious (even more so when she remains missing and I later find myself under the predictable gaze of public scrutiny). Incidentally, I personally don’t think his comments were a significant or calculated “trashing” of LE anyway.

This is not going to be something that is hard to disprove - how the evidence was handled will all come out whatever the outcome. There’s a possibility BM was there with them searching when it was located. And if that is how the bike was handled, the Sheriff’s Office will have some explaining to do.

I agree
I think more than anything it speaks to his credibility, or lack there of..

Do you think the man that took the video and BM staged the interview or his version of events was staged? The former is interesting to ruminate...
Both, if I understand your question correctly. The encounter seemed very fluid and there was no hesitation from BM at all to just start spewing details. I am sure attempts have been made by reputable journalists, investigators, etc. to reach out and ask him some questions. This is, to my knowledge, the only quasi-interview or appearance since the FB plea. I just think it is out of the ordinary that BM just happens to stumble upon a complete stranger and basically bullet points the who, what, when, where of the case. I have so much more to add about my thoughts relating to attorney motives, setting up a narrative, planting the seed of doubt, faulty procedures in gathering evidence, etc. but there are so many nuggets to sift through in that YT video that I need some time to process it. All JMO

Last edited:
I heard "for a hundred times" lol

I hear "He did 400 tours in Iraq, Afganistan."

Maybe the difference is inconsequential, but in any case it sounds like he's mistaken or just misspoke. Or maybe exaggerating, as in, "dude, he did like 400 tours in Iraq, Afganistan"--JMO

I did get the sense that, in talking about how the sheriff's department "screwed everything up" regarding the bike, that perhaps that was what the nephew was referring to--that the bike had been handled by a lot of people and evidence not preserved, therefore he wanted the public to question the sheriff about the "condition" of the bike. So maybe there really was a bone of contention about the handling of the discovery of the bike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evremevremm