Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought he looked very red possibly from being out in the sun all day “searching” and tired which would be understandable. I thought he was limping in the TD video. Maybe he didn’t make an on camera plea for five days (I think that’s correct might be longer) because he had visible marks? But they wouldn’t heal that fast would they? Remember OJ with the cut finger...he said he cut it on the glass in his hotel room. If BM had any cuts, scratches or bruises he could blame it on something during searching in the woods.

But if this was a crime that involved him getting injured, it seems like things would have been wrapped up by now. If he planned everything so well that LE is flummoxed, I'm guessing the act itself wouldn't have left evidence on him or the scene.

Yes, we at least have that. I hope he is squirming every single day wondering what they have!
BBM:

He is.

It has to be eating him up inside.

Not knowing how much they know.
Not knowing what evidence they've found.
Not knowing what secrets they've uncovered.
Not knowing if they've sussed out the motive.
Not knowing how close they are to making an arrest.
Not knowing when they're going to show up at his door.

"Knock, knock!"
"Who's there?"
"LE!"
"LE Who?"
"This ain't a joke. Open up this door or we're going to break it down."

JMO.

Last edited:
Obviously BM's nephew was pushing him to make that video. I think he should have been with his attorney and just said a few words, like"we're going to find you". NOT the drama of the video he made.

I don't think he did himself any favors with that video, but I do wonder why you think the nephew pushed him to do it?

Maybe there's just no bike in this story? LE has never confirmed. They only said "reportedly" SM was on a bike ride. The whole bike thing is something BM has been pushing.
If there's no bike at all (meaning no bike ride, no staging of the bike), then we have BM on camera talking first hand about finding the bike as well as an email to his church (which seems most likely to have originated from him) saying the same thing. BM is on the record stating the bike recovery as a fact and if that's completely untrue, then I think he just made the whodunnit question really, really easy to answer. That would be fascinating if its indeed the case.

If so, it would perfectly explain his reluctance to be filmed by media! And as someone already noted, we don't see his hands in the 26 second self video. By the time he was filmed by the YouTube guy, a lot of time had passed. Moo
Maybe LE saw BM's hands in the first day or two and what they saw moved them off BM's favorite scenarios: abduction, bike accident, mountain lion.

JMO
If the bike was staged and if BM was involved in this then it means he needed someone to discover the bicycle before he needed to come home. I think as it got close to getting dark and as it got close to him needing to return home, I think he may have been the one to press the issue which could have raised red flags to LE.

Since the children were out of town and not home yet then I am thinking the most they may have done on their own is either tried to call or sent her a Happy Mothers Day greeting by phone text or message. But here is the thing. Even if the Mom did not reply, I dont think they would have done much more until they got home because they would have been busy themselves and they would have assumed she was busy with some other plans or something. They would have no reason to suspect something more other than her just not replying back yet. If they were on their way home then I think they would have waited till they got home to find out more about why Mom was so busy she did not reply back to their Happy Mothers Day greeting.

So I think what may have happened is BM may have started to get anxious that nobody made the discovery yet and I am guessing that he was the one that started to press the "discovery". Like he may have called his daughters to remind them to wish Mom a Happy Mothers Day. And then at some point either they called him or he called them back to find out she has not replied back yet. At that point he may have forced the issue into it being a concerning issue for everyone. Like oh no, time to call the neighbor then because something is definitely wrong.

To the kids, they would not make that jump right away unless they had been trying for a very long time to get ahold of her.

Anyway, Im starting to think that this sort of thing may have flagged LE that he was the one raising all the alarms and then low and behold her bicycle is found because he got everyone in an uproar about her not being there.

If the kids would have not been running late to get home then they would have likely discovered things on their own. But since they were still not home, then BM may have had to take control and force the missing person issue with everyone. And that would set off a big red flag to LE if it went down like that.
I agree that he used his daughters on Mothers Day. Not nice.

I think if he had harmed her before Mothers Day, and if people were inquiring about Suzanne not returning calls, missing her, to which he had no good answers to give, and BM couldn't take it any more.

He had to slap together a plan so people would stop bothering him. He needed Suzanne to be officially missing. He desperately needed the staged bike to be discovered that day so he could come home and not have to answer personally to anyone looking for Suzanne.

If LE really really likes Barry for this, would they feel any need to protect or inform the girls? Do they have to weigh the possibility that they are spending time with a murderer, and do they have to consider their welfare? Or do they assume it’s a one-off and the girls are safe, and their only concern is the case at hand?

I posted earlier about a case in my town. Teenage son murdered his mother in the home. LE was looking at him since day one. Took 15 months to get to arrest. He was attending the local high school the entire time.

Sorry, can't find TKG's original post with the clip, but just watched it again where I quoted TKG's post at #256.
Reporter says - speaking about avid mountain biker Francis - "He says he happened to be riding up County Road 225 the same Mothers day as Suzanne Morphew. Says he spotted a car that looked out of place." Then we have avid mountain biker Francis saying, "very suspicious, you know, that car was very - and it shouldn't have been there, in my opinion."
So, hopefully some cars passing by at that time may have picked up a bit of dashcam footage as it entered or left the area around the time and handed it in.
What was suspicious about it? It was maybe a Cadillac? A stretch limo?
Isn't this sighting on a Sunday up the road from a busy trailhead? With, like hundreds of bike riders in cars jostling for a parking spot? In that context, what could look suspicious? Dawdling? Peeing in the woods? Having a good look at every car? This is, like, normal at a trailhead.

So who told Barry that his wife was missing? I know the neighbor called 911, but then what happened? Did LE or the neighbor call Barry? Did Barry call them? Did he give LE a suggestion as to where she might have run off the road, hence the discovery of the staged bike? Who did LE speak to after they were contacted by the neighbor? What did LE learn that night that made them feel like something was not quite right with the story?

I suspect we'll learn all those answers when we read the AA.
Same for my question about who was the first person to mention the bike, and who did they tell that to?
And all the other questions we didn't even know to ask, because we had no idea they had the evidence they did.
Anyway, that's usually the way it works once we have the AA.

jmo

If LE really really likes Barry for this, would they feel any need to protect or inform the girls? Do they have to weigh the possibility that they are spending time with a murderer, and do they have to consider their welfare? Or do they assume it’s a one-off and the girls are safe, and their only concern is the case at hand?
That’s a good question! Maybe they did talk to the daughters and the daughter’s had their suspicions based on things they have witnessed between their parents or for all we know Suzanne could have even told one or both daughter’s that if anything were to happen to me...sad but we don’t know what went on behind closed doors. For all we know the police could have been called to the home before for DV issues. It will be very interesting when everything finally comes out. If it ever does! ??

This is an intriguing theory.

It's also an extremely disturbing one.

If true, this would mean that a father cold-bloodedly arranged things in such a way that his daughters would be the ones to discover that their mother had gone missing.

On Mother's Day.

"YOUR daughters need you," he said in that 26-second video.

If the scenario you've outlined above turns out to be what's happened here, I can well understand why he'd unconsciously use language to distance himself from them.

Anyone who could do that, is no kind of father.

JMO.
dbm
You can search the names ..I've yet to see any donations from SM side of the family.
Could her family have put up the added $100,000? No reason not to state thatMOO

What was suspicious about it? It was maybe a Cadillac?
Isn't this sighting on a Sunday up the road from a busy trailhead? With, like hundreds of bike riders in cars jostling for a parking spot? In that context, what could look suspicious? Dawdling? Peeing in the woods? Having a good look at every car?

One thing that would make a vehicle suspicious in an area like that was if it was parked in the wrong place. Like pulled off beside the road when there was a parking area a few car lengths ahead, or parked at a funny angle where it could drive away quickly.

JMO
If the bike was staged and if BM was involved in this then it means he needed someone to discover the bicycle before he needed to come home. I think as it got close to getting dark and as it got close to him needing to return home, I think he may have been the one to press the issue which could have raised red flags to LE.

Since the children were out of town and not home yet then I am thinking the most they may have done on their own is either tried to call or sent her a Happy Mothers Day greeting by phone text or message. But here is the thing. Even if the Mom did not reply, I dont think they would have done much more until they got home because they would have been busy themselves and they would have assumed she was busy with some other plans or something. They would have no reason to suspect something more other than her just not replying back yet. If they were on their way home then I think they would have waited till they got home to find out more about why Mom was so busy she did not reply back to their Happy Mothers Day greeting.

So I think what may have happened is BM may have started to get anxious that nobody made the discovery yet and I am guessing that he was the one that started to press the "discovery". Like he may have called his daughters to remind them to wish Mom a Happy Mothers Day. And then at some point either they called him or he called them back to find out she has not replied back yet. At that point he may have forced the issue into it being a concerning issue for everyone. Like oh no, time to call the neighbor then because something is definitely wrong.

To the kids, they would not make that jump right away unless they had been trying for a very long time to get ahold of her.

Anyway, Im starting to think that this sort of thing may have flagged LE that he was the one raising all the alarms and then low and behold her bicycle is found because he got everyone in an uproar about her not being there.

If the kids would have not been running late to get home then they would have likely discovered things on their own. But since they were still not home, then BM may have had to take control and force the missing person issue with everyone. And that would set off a big red flag to LE if it went down like that.

Yeah, I've struggled with the 911 call on that Sunday, too. If we go with the general narrative that the daughters were concerned, asked the neighbor to check, and had her call 911 at 5:46pm - they were apparently on their way home. Per the reported bike ride, SM couldn't have been gone all that long (maybe left for the ride in the am). Would 6-10 hours out of contact warrant that level of concern (especially in an area that is known to have poor cell coverage), assuming the girls were going to arrive at some point that evening (I'm not sure their ETA was ever given, but given BMs comments to Ty, it made it sound like they were due back earlier in the day and "running late"). I think it's likely either there was a push (from BM?) to up the level of concern, or maybe she hadn't been heard from for quite longer than that and that's why the girls were concerned.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paperdoll1